Hammond
he should have paid him better
also have some security around
and hire a competent hunter

>he should have paid him better

no he fucking shouldn't
a boss must never listen to other people's demands

Hammond
I think in the book, Hammond systematically underfunded every department in the park and it was supposed to be taken as a joke when he says "spared no expense". But i last read the book 15 years ago so meh.

I don't care how good of a programmer he was, you don't hire a guy with known financial troubles when you're dealing with groundbreaking scientific advancements that your corporate competition would love to get their hands on.
It's just a dumbass move.

Why the fuck did they have to evacuate the island? The storm didn't damage any of the main buildings, why not have the staff hunker down in the visitor center and start repairs first thing in the morning?

Liabilities.

Hammond was a dickhead in the book. He didn't even care that his grandkids were probably dead.

No, plot convenience.

>asks question
>doesn't accept answer

As much as I love the movie, it would've been better as a closer adaptation of the book. This is doubly true for the sequel. It was even better than the first book

Because it was an incorrect answer.

I agree with this. The books were great. But they couldn't do that because they wanted it to be PG-13, and the books weren't really PG-13 material.

he could have at least turned the security systems back online before he sperged to the boat

They never would have got the budget they needed if it wasn't family friendly.

They're both wrong of course, but Hammond should have had more than one person working that project and not just left Nedry to his own devices.

fuck off, if the fat fuck can't manage his money properly it's not hammonds problem to solve

Thanks Dad

In the book the park was much more automated than in the movie gave this technology vs nature theme. Hell in the book workers were all ready doing repairs on the fence the next day. The movie was plot convince so there were less people to worry about.