Zach "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong" Goodweather
Zach "Can't Get the Strig Pussy" Goodweather
Zach "Goth Boner For the Vamp Gal" Goodweather
Zach "Detonatin' Makes Me Feel Good" Goodweather
Zach "A Nuke A Day Keeps the Dad Away" Goodweather
Zach "Friendzoned? Let's Feed You the Worms" Goodweather
Zach "Cloudy with a Chance of Nuclear Winter" Goodweather
Zach "Giving Coral Grimes a Run For His Money" Goodweather

did absolutely undeniably unequivocally nothing wrong!

They really gutted any kind of accomplishment Eph did for the whole series, couldn't save Nora, couldn't save his wife, couldn't save his wife, they couldn't even let him set off the bomb, nah just force a last minute redemption for Zack where he kills the Master not once but TWICE.

couldn't save his son*

How faithful was the show compared to the book?

thy nixed all the supernatural angel crap.
You know what really bugs me though? it took season 4 for 8260385 to reveal his true age AND his alchemy book, there's no way Eph would not have benefited immensely from that kind of knowledge early in the game.

When you say
>supernatural angel crap
do you mean it WAS crap, and it's good they nixed it?

Well I never read it, but I liked it remaining somewhat consistent as humans versus ancient cryptids instead of suddenly swerving into angels and demons territory

Watching just the show feels like they literally nuked the plot because they didn't know where to go with it.
Tons of plot points go nowhere and/or make no sense because of the omissions.
Personally I think the supernatural stuff was alright, but even if I didn't like it I would say omitting it was a terrible idea because they replaced it with nothing, causing the plot to feel empty, and the ending disappointing.

wife's son*

> just force a last minute redemption for Zack where he kills the Master
I thought, since I wasn't watching carefully, that it was actually strigoized Eph who pulled the switch as if somehow fueled by his love for his wife's son he mentally fought the Master just enough to manage pulling the switch.

Sappy as it sounds it would still be a better ending than what actually transpired.

I am glad I dropped this crap in season 2

Well to defend the show, it was never supposed to be good just campy fun B-movie homage to the 1980s.
That was the show's only redeeming feature t b h.

I didn't get that impression at all. When was it ever campy or similar at all to 80s B-movies?

Mostly with the self-referential oneliners, constant quoting of the old horrorkinos and the characters themselves. And the eternal feud between the Jew and the Nazi was fun to watch as well.

>wife's son*
You think that's FUNNY you're posting?!
>When was it ever campy or similar at all to 80s B-movies?
GOAT flashback

>And the eternal feud between the Jew and the Nazi was fun to watch as well.
Can't argue with that.
Eichorst flashbacks were easily the best parts of the show.

the flashbacks both humanized and condemned him, went from a down on his luck salesman to high ranking Nazi officer to evil vampire and the actor had so much fun doing it

>the Angel(s) did come after all!
:^)

>airs the same night Glenn dies on TWD
>200% better in every way

Agreed. He was fantastic.
I was fully on board with his character chronologically up until somewhere near the end of the Treblinka arc. Even after that I still sympathized with him.

I didn't even care about the comically evil normie-tier portrayal of the Nazis because it was too damn fun to watch.

Why did the first two seasons look so much better than the last two? Del Toro involvement? Budget?

Probably suffered the same fate as nearly every other show.
It had to wow people initially but once a core audience was on board they could expect people to keep watching just to see what happens next.