What's the best portrayal of Julius Caesar in tv or film, or who would be the ideal casting?

What's the best portrayal of Julius Caesar in tv or film, or who would be the ideal casting?

Rome, you under aged cuck

He was ok, nothing great.

Mance Rayder?

Idris Elba

fpbp

This.

this

>Rome'd

This and only this.

I didn't remember that piece of the show

shit taste user

naah i like him, but hes too cold and monotone, he would lack the gravitas to be a Caesar. He would be more of an Edward Longshanks
He was the best out of the poor portrayals we have had so far. He was pretty good by his great talent, but he didnt seem right for the role. He nailed the big scenes though (such as his reaction to being stabbed)
I dk what this is from
I didnt like how Spartacus portrayed him as a sniveling coward

SNIVELRY.

SHEIIIIIIT, ET TU, BRUTUS? *smacks lips*

the one and only

GIB ME DA LEGIONS

keep silent, you wretched woman

nah

WE

I bring the dark horse

>He was pretty good by his great talent, but he didnt seem right for the role

Agreed. What is it with Ciarin Hinds, he is a transcendant actor but never quite seems right for any of his roles. I felt the same way of him as Mance Rayder. Is there a name for this phenomenon?

Wait is that Karl Urban?

you damn right
he's Caesar in Xena

Yeah they mostly cast New Zealanders for the show to keep it cheap, same way he ended up in LOTR. Ended up being great.

lazy eye

INFAMY! INFAMY! THEY'VE ALL GOT IT IN FOR ME!

Caesar was a fag IRL too.

Spartacus' Caesar is great because it show a much younger image than the one Rome and the different films and series made.

He's not the the scary conqueror that he'll become in the years to come and his schemes almost get him killed. He learned from some of his mistakes and refined them into good tactics.

Rome's Caesar is based in any case.

no massive bald spot ruined the immersion

>not Mark Strong

i will never forgive spartacus for using julius caesar during the servile wars 200 years before he is even born

What on earth are you talking about

Certainly not the OP's bust which was an idealized Caesar with his receding hairline removed because even in ancient times that indicated JUST. Pic related is far more reliable to what Caesar really looked like.

NOS REGES FUIMUS