Jesus Christ HAHAHAHAHAHAA

The Absolute state of Star Trek Discovery.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zUbPZ0d0d2U
youtube.com/watch?v=fDCGRX4szAM
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/star-trek-discovery-sonequa-martin-green-netflix-michael-burnham-the-walking-dead-michelle-yeoh-a7954196.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=zUbPZ0d0d2U

''Captain we have discovered a new Alien lifeform on this womans head''

first black lead

>show is called STD
>won't go viral

have these kids going reeeee about diversity in star trek really not seen it before, I thought it was just jokes.

>first black lead

no son

Was diversity ever a problem on Star Trek?

I don't know why producers insist on "reviving" franchises whose audiences they clearly despise. There is about a 0% chance that the show actually does anything innovative. It's just going to be another CGI-heavy actioneer with some SJW allegories forced in.

people dont ree about people like avery brooks or billy dee williams because they have fucking charisma, what charisma do these people have?

>sonequa

why do black people love stupid made up names so much?

Jesus looks like shit.

So is she transgendered in the show? Why is her characters name Michael?

That's just a Bryan Fuller thing, in every show of his there's a woman with a male name because quirky

He was a commander not a captain

avery brooks doesn't have charisma, he's just batshit insane, there's a fine line and he crossed it.

kek

Underated

It would help if you were more specific about the point you were trying to make.

he was part prophet

her parents though she was a dude and never bothered to change the name

"It's storytelling in Shakespearean proportions" kek

No, they are all trannies on TV. Michael is 33 in English reduced gematria. Mason trannies are the hidden oppressor class. Take a closer look at your bosses and teachers. They have all the top jobs.

>that fucking shill that started the /trek/ general and immediately just started posting images of the actors

I shit you not it was something like 20 posts, 6 posters. It was so fucking blatant.

>hyphenated last name
the easiest way to tell if someone is insufferable

how is that pronounced, mishayel?

I think she's very cute

A BLACK WOMAN IN MY NECKBEARD GENRE SHOW?! THIS IS LITERALLY GENOCIDE!

kek I saw it too

/r/startrek is nothing but STD love now, I swear that site is just one big shill farm

Holy shit they really missed the point

He got promoted to captain

Reminder that the same people that defend ENT are now attacking this show for being different and not respecting canon

>DUDE FLASHY SETS
>DUDE GAME OF THRONES-TIER SPENDING ON WHAT IS JUST EYE CANDY
>DUDE LENSFLARE
>CHARACTERS? WHAT ARE THOSE?

Burn it all down

why most 'strong' black women in fiction have to have big fucked up afros?

How long until she regrets leaving TWD for this?

It started in the 70s as a means of getting away from classic european names. It quickly became retarded and hasn't stopped. Then people like Raven Symone takes a platform to inform people that fucked up names attached to resumes makes these people into low priority hires and the like the black community bitches them out. It's fucking retarded.

nice

Do you think she thought Shakespeare wrote Lord of the Rings?

Uncle Toms don't count. He hardly ever mentioned white privilege.

>its a liberal mocks the apperance of others while literally celebrating bearded ladies as powerful episode

love these

>and her name is Michael
So progressive. Not only did they break oppressive race stereotypes, they gave a woman a male's name. Wow!

There was a whole episode about Sisko refusing to participate in a 1960s holodeck runtime fantasy because segregation was a thing back then and ignoring it wouldn't be right or whatever

>all this insane spending on this crap
>can't even get the uniforms right

Sums it up

>Michelle Yeoh as the Captain

Pretty Good.

>Everything else

>P-please check out STD, inconveniently located on our shitty streaming service.

CBShills on suicide watch

Her character comes off as someone's self inset in their fan fiction.

>Michelle Yeoh as the Captain
Dies in the first episode.

Then Jason Isaacs is the new captain, who will turn out to be a bad guy because white people with southern accents are evil

>Why is her characters name Michael?

There are women named Michael.

Seriously
>Spock's half sibling
>A human
>Sarek raising a human kid while at this time he is pissed at Spock for indulging his human side by going to Starfleet instead of Vulcan Academy

Makes no fucking sense

>my people are biologically designed to sense the coming of death. I sense it now.

OK, so you're biologically designed to sense the coming of death.

But that's like a time thing, as in something will happen in the future.
I read his synopsis and it says that his people gained this adaptation as they were 'prey' on their homeworld
But now they're on a starship. So is it like telepathy? Only he can literally see into the future, but only on matters like death. So like a far less useful Counsellor Troi?

Because that's how black womens' hair grows naturally. The idea is that they're flaunting conventional beauty standards by not straightening it or using a weave.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

>Sup Forums sucks Sisko's dick when Archer was twice the captain he could ever hope to be.

This is starting to feel like Ghostbusters, even the shilling is the same

>Dies in the first episode.

U fucking wot?

Fuck off with this nerd shit

REMEMBER TRIBBLES????

Hint: She's not captain of the Discovery

It's pretty obvious that the USS Shenzhou is going to be destroyed in the first episode and the main lady survives and gets transferred to the USS Discovery

And if IIRC in the end he realizes he was being a pissy bitch and there was some moral about the past not defining the present and there was no reason to dwell on it at the price of personal relationships.

Nothing like that is going to happen in STD, trust me.

>implying Sisko was a captain
>implying anyone gives a shit about Enterprise

>USS Shenzhou
>chinese captain

He was promoted to captain and given control of the Defiant.

That's the nuance you should expect when Kurtzman is the producer

Too easy

Or he's just being an edgy fucker who is using a roundabout way to describe fear

Sci-Fi nerd shit was always adored by geeky white kids. They think diversifying sci-fi shit they maximize profits.

Ok where does this meme come from? Why is Brooks batshit crazy? Apart from his acting and that fucking awful race awareness plotline. I truly hated that.

I prefer the fros.

>complain about this character, of which we know very little, of sounding like a fan fiction character
>at the same time they liko SIsko

HA HA! Damn I love those things!
Own about three of them. They were my favorite part of The Next Generation.

Apparently the "Shenzou" and "The Discovery" are the same ship, with the Asian lady being captain of the Shenzou and the white guy being captain of the "Discovery". Shit goes down in the first episode that leads to it being renamed, and if they needed to assign a new captain it means the first captain probably got the axe. The new captain has also been described as being the most messed up star trek captain in the franchise, as well as an excellent military strategist, so the story will probably be that after losing one captain, depending on the nature of the threat, Starfleet decided to send a heavy-hitter to iron things out.

They're counting on stamping "Star Trek" on something and people automatically buying it. Only TV shows work very different from movies. You watch one or two episodes and it's shit and then you're done.

Maybe try watching the series nigger

Sisko makes incredibly rash and comparatively crazy decisions. You just cannot imagine Picard deciding to nuke a planet to basically satisfy revenge (not including movie picard).

Star Trek's diversity was so powerful and celebrated precisely because it rarely dwelled on race. And this is going to be STDs downfall.

There was never an episode about LaForge having to go to the back of the transporter or some shit, because everyone saw him as just a another human being.

>s o n e q u a

>Why is Brooks batshit crazy?

youtube.com/watch?v=fDCGRX4szAM

First officer is a lieutenant commander rather than a commander
That's not right is it?

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/star-trek-discovery-sonequa-martin-green-netflix-michael-burnham-the-walking-dead-michelle-yeoh-a7954196.html

>How Sonequa Martin-Green became the first black lead of Star Trek: 'My casting says that the sky is the limit for all of us'

>FIRST BLACK LEAD

THIS IS THE FUCKING PROBLEM

THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE

>klingons are now dressed like lady gaga

the production staff are campgay flamers

I have watched the show and I know the in-universe meaning. But I always assumed people meant that the actor, not the character, is batshit crazy when they use the actors name.

Reminder that if Sisko hadn't lied to get the Romulans into the war with the Founders the Alpha quadrant would have been conquered. He saved everyone.

what's worse is that the first officer is sharing a cabin with a cadet.

but they need them to share room because those nighttime heart-to-heart girl talks is extremely important to chick show fangirls.

I mean they're not wrong.
As far as I'm concerned, Sisko might as well be white.

SIsko wasn't the lead, he was one of the characters.
The aliens were the true leads of DS9

>rarely dwelled on race
The Original Series is famous for having one of the first interracial kisses on television, the fuck are you smoking

And you're retarded if you truly believe that.

this is true. the main protagonist of ds9 was quark. almost every other ep is quark-vs-odo.

Right, but did anyone in that episode even mention race? No. Because it's the future and nobody gives a shit. There's no whining about diversity or privilege.

>The Original Series is famous for having one of the first interracial kisses on television
And? That doesn't prove that they dwell on race, especially given how they didn't make a big deal about it, both in real life and in show.

Thing is, people just work together, no one really gives a shit. And you even had shit like tolerating some other species' cultural shit, but there were points at which they clearly stepped over the line and needed to be stopped. So it's not just your typical hurr accept everyone no matter what bullshit.
I don't want to think that the angry autistic negress will make the show shit, I could be in for a surprise, but with those shitty ass redesigns and all the other bullshit surrounding the show, I don't think it'll end up being good in any way.
I also really don't like the new JJ-ish designs but that's just my opinion.

he came across as a bit of a fruitloop in that shit shatner did interviewing the other star trek captains.

Morn was the main character all along

Can Yeoh even really speak English? it's like she is reading her lines with no knowledge what she is saying.

>Sonequa
lmao, black people

Everything about Discovery is fucking worst case scenario for a new trek show.

I hope it's DOA and we never have to deal with another bastardization of star trek ever again

fuck me man this shit is unreal

what's this first black lead meme?

Nice revisionism, CBS.

You just can't handle that there's finally a BLACK person in charge!
Not only that, it's a WOMAN too! About time if you ask me!
Finally a woman, yes WOMAN, was made Captain in this chauvinist series!