Shelf/Recent Purchases Thread

Post shelves/recent purchases, discuss books, etc.

Here's my tiny shelf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dLtWplpD2-w
youtube.com/watch?v=yWz0LmYfsmw
d20pfsrd.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Gyo

Man, I've seen Uzumaki on countless shelves, but I can't remember the last time I saw Gyo.

>>>>>Trouble

>want to take advantage of barnes & noble buy 2 get 1 free deal to get all 3 uncanny x-men omnibus volumes
>volume 2 is only being sold through third parties and therefore isn't eligible
REEEEEEEE

Aunt May is my waifu

Now that I look around Amazon has volume 3 in stock for $65 new and IST is selling both 1 and 2 for $55 so I guess it doesn't matter

My stuff that I got recently.

What sweat deals are you guys getting?

Just arrived, i don't know why IST was selling it for 3 bucks but i'll take some Stan/Jack goodness for that.

and reposting this cause i proud

I think you really like Starman

does anyone know if any places are doing good sales on single issues over the weekend? i got xmen holes

oh goddammit i was hoping all teh Bill S Moon Knight would be self contained in one Epic collection

Why would you own the players handbook but not the DMG or Monster Manual?

How do you think they would get you to buy two epic collections lol

No photos, but thanks to Black Friday I recently got:

>Absolute Top 10
>JLA Earth 2: Deluxe Edition

both 25% off

I've posted this a couple times and I need to update it but I ain't home right now.

Shelf 1/3

Airboy
Underwater Welder
From Hell
Billy the Kid's old timey oddities
Wytches
Darth Vader vol 4
Justice League New Frontier

My purchases the last week.

Shelf 2/3

Quickly, Sup Forums, recommend me an omnibus that is still in print. Have old school ASM, the first Uncanny X-Men one, and the first Green Lantern one already. I shamelessly enjoy capes, Spidey being my fave even though I hate the recent ASM.

I'll try to get a pic of my small, but growing collection together.

Shelf 3/3

Iron Man by Busiek and Chen. You should be able to get this for cheap

i'm pissed i cant' find the Michele/Layton/JrJr one for cheap

pretty clean shelf user

Try ebay

I've only played a little bit of D&D plus I've never DM'ed

What's the best Spider-Man omnibus?

how thick is the manapul omnibus? can you post a pic of the spine?

Up

Up

I'll do that when i get home

bump

there is always somebody on jewtube
youtube.com/watch?v=dLtWplpD2-w
youtube.com/watch?v=yWz0LmYfsmw

oh cheers, didn't think of that.

shit man, I just love Manapul's art. really need to pick it up after all.

...that's a surprisingly sexy omnibus,

classic manapul

I didn't even notice the cover price was that high.

I got it for $40

Enjoyed everything except for batgirl. Might drop after next issue

Also got a free pop. Why can't this be Katanas outfit in rebirth.

Through Amazon?
I got it for the same, back before it was upgraded from deluxe to omnibus

Yup

40 Canadian dollarinos? damn that's pretty cheap.

That Marvel Funko box is X-Men themed for December and I'm so tempted but I know it's gonna be some Wolverine shit

As soon as I get some of my trades back from my friends, I'll update this.

traded in two volumes of Injection and a copy of Puma Blues for credit on a new copy of Edena later this month

different user here. yeah before you piss a bunch of money away on 5th edition, try pathfinder. many of the rules are free on the internet

d20pfsrd.com/

>paying money for Trouble
You could've just mentioned it in a Sup Forums thread and put that money toward a noose to use after someone inevitably storytimes it.

I love how Superior Foes got a cute little omnibus.

>The Sacrifice
Huh, didn't even know you could get a hard copy

Gyo just isn't as good.

It's a great book. It also comes with the Portal 2 comic and all TF2 comics up to the one with The Director.
It's too bad that newer TF2 comics don't lend themselves well to print. I would love to have a physical copy of the ongoing series when it finishes in 2026.

Remember to get Dragon Ball Full Color: The Freeza Arc! Final volume's out soon.

I thought it was considered better than Uzumaki.

always wondered why it was so cheap

OP here, it was decent but not as good as Uzumaki imo. I liked the plot, but the ending was kinda meh (same with Uzumaki)

Finally got them, since this is the year 4K went on sale. Also got Max Max Fury Road, since that's totally worth it on the format. I was tempted to get Deadpool, but unlike the three above it really doesn't have the visuals to make a UHD purchase worth it.

you have some bad taste

Probably the Roger Stern one.

I kind of want to get the first two Lee/Ditko/Buscema volumes but also kind of just want to custom bind floppy reprints.

nice piggies i got devil ducks myself rom these old axe body spray promotions

Nah. :^)

Reminder that Barnes & Noble has a 30% off discount on anything online for the rest of the weekend; you can't combine it with the buy 2 get 1 free deal though

1/4

2/4

3/4

4/4

Love DC comics. 1/3
Going to read Infinite Crisis-->52-->Seven Soldiers-->Death of the New Gods--> Final Crisis. Gonna get me some Hypercrisis feels

also have the new Robin trades in the mail

my Dredd collection. Waiting for the 28th Case file to be released in December

Spidey Omnibuses. I'm excited for the 3rd Stan Lee omnibus.

Ok, we get it! You don't have to post the same thing with no comment in every goddamn thread!

my nigga

Found this Man without Fear HC sleeve at my LCS for 75$.
Did I do good?

Shit

i have never heard anyone say this, it has some funny reaction images from it tho

I really, really hate that cover for BvS. hope you got the shiny and chrome edition of fury road

Not him but that one's not out for a couple more weeks.

I already am. Have the 4 that are out so far. Ordered the 5th one at my LCS. I hope Diamond doesn't fuck him over and they don't send it.

If not for my girlfriend buying me the Vol. 1 and 2 omnis for Christmas, I would've snatched that in the order I made yesterday. The first half of the first omni for $3-4 is a good deal.

not him but I wanna own the omnibus of The Crossing so i understand wanting to own bad stuff

Just ordered the first X-23 complete collection since it's the easiest way to get Innocence lost and Target X along with a few other issues i couldn't give less of a shit about. Probably won't get vol 2 since everything in there is mostly trash. Really they should just stop letting people that aren't Kyle & Yost write her.

Depends i guess. I'm not entirely sure what it has in it, don't think ive seen it before in shelf threads, 75$ is alot for a hc of a small story like Man without Fear

Just got these hot off amazon.

absolute trash

Just picked up Steve Rogers: Super Soldier for $7.50 at my LCS. Is it not any good or something? It's Brubaker Cap, and that's usually good. I don't know why it of all things would be half off.

I can understand it as long as it's cheap. I paid 3 bucks for a new copy of Duke Nukem Forever and you can bet your ass that I kept the price sticker on it so I could show it off.

I'm hyped for the upcoming Deadpool omnibus

That shit is 1300+ pages

>3 dollars
I got that shit for two dollars

It's ok but it was at the tail end of his run and everyone was kinda over it bc the run had gone so long. not cause it was bad just complacency i'm sure it's fine and iirc the artist is good

DD Website said less than 800 were printed. Found it on Ebay as well for 599$.

DAMN IT. I GOT RIPPED OFF.

Yeah, the art looked good when I flipped through it. I really liked the costume design for Steve, too. They based his costume in the Winter Soldier movie off of this, right?

Very small collection of things I've bought over the years. Only very recently started seriously collecting comics. Doom Patrol, Godzilla in Hell and Hellboy Library are the ones new.

Mostly into manga desu. If anyone cares about seeing that collection ill post also.

I'm interested in Morrison's Doom Patrol even though I've read very little DC. Is it something I can jump into with no prior knowledge?

well damn, no wonder I hadn't seen a copy before. anything particularly special about it other than it just being a limited edition of some sort?

desu if its selling for that much on ebay i wouldn't even crack the plastic to take a look. lol

yeah

Morrison's run jumps write into issue 18 of the second Doom Patrol to make matters worse. Despite that I didn't have much trouble not understanding anything. A couple characters backstories can be understood quite easily despite being completely explained. He draws a lot of inspiration from outside of comics so its worth reading for something a little bit different than the usual. If you're on the fence however but still interested then I'd say go for it.

>That one run you love more than anything but will never get a omnibus or collected edition sometimes not even proper trades.
What's her name Sup Forums?

I wouldn't say I love it more than anything, but I'd buy a collection of Punisher 2099 in a heartbeat.