Men in their primes leaving the workforce

npr.org/2016/09/06/492849471/an-economic-mystery-why-are-men-leaving-the-workforce

>At 4.9 percent, the nation's unemployment rate is half of what it was at the height of the Great Recession. But that number hides a big problem: Millions of men in their prime working years have dropped out of the workforce — meaning they aren't working or even looking for a job.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/global-development/2016/sep/06/mexico-african-asian-migration-us-exit-permit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>an economic mystery
LOL

23 year old here. Never had a job and don't intend to. There is no reason to work. No incentive or guarantee.

Give me a house and wife and then I might be tempted. Until then, fuck off.

The fruits of dysgenics right there.

all work and no play...

Gee, I wonder if it has something to do with the other 50% of the population competing for the same number of jobs.

All men should leave the workforce. Let it burn. Men are naturally lazy. And that is a good thing.

Mexicans steal jobs,
Manufacturing jobs sent over-seas for lower cost
They blame the shit statistics on "men leaving the work force".
I'm 29 and jobless, why am I unemployed?
I got laid off along with 200 of my fellow employees and there are no jobs for me to get.
The economy is shit, don't blame it on MEN ffs.

This is why we need immigrants.

>make up dumb way of reporting "employment data"
>HEY LOOK EVERYTHING IS AWESOME

>fed speak

NEVER LISTEN TO (((THE FED)))

I enjoy the work I do, but motivation is hard to keep the world is as it is and when you have women like we have now

No sane person would work hard to fund the current situation in the West.

theguardian.com/global-development/2016/sep/06/mexico-african-asian-migration-us-exit-permit

There are fuckers flying half way around the world then hoping the Mexican border for gibs, and the same things happening in Europe, and you expect us to work harder and harder, pay higher and higher taxes and live in increasingly shitty societies to fund it?

Get fucked.

>an-economic-mystery

No it's not.

Rocketing population meets modern automation and the outsourcing of every simple job.

The basic truth is right there and starting to get talked about even in the MSM; there aren't enough jobs to keep everyone busy. We just don't need that many people around anymore.

And this is happening while they're ALSO pushing to open borders and flood our countries, which will only swamp this trend further, and make people already working for minimum wage compete with thirdworlders to do busywork for literal peanuts.

Nobody has any idea how this will work out in the end. It probably won't. We're just waiting for the system collapse or massive social upheaval - similar to the transition from a farming society to an industrial society. Remember that from the history books? Massive amounts of suffering, revolutions, wars, old ways of life just wiped out and entirely new ones having to be figured out. Ripping apart the way life worked and constructing a new life from the remains.

As a bonus, since the 70s, wages for everyone but the top percent have been stagnant. But their part of the cake has increased immensely.

Basically it's a new aristocracy, a new elite generation, richer than ever before, that's been looting all the spoils from society, and they're trying to import an ethnic conflict to take the place of the chopping blocks on which their heads would be placed, if the people realized who really destroyed civilzation later.

>give me wife and home
>give me wife
>give me house
fuck off back to Pakistan Mohammed, you're not wanted in Great Britain.

>get shit on for years in primary schools
>get shit on in college
>get shit on in employment
>get shit on relationships/dating
>get shit on marriage/divorce

yeah, its almost like we aren't coprophiles

25 yo and I've been NEET for just over a year now.

I couldn't stand the gynocentric work environment so I quit. Lel. I'm not even joking incidentally.

How come matey? Did you go to uni?

>Give me a house and wife and then I might be tempted. Until then, fuck off.

It's not even that I want to get given a qt so I have a reason to work. Rather, it used to be the other way round: hold down a steady job, be productive and useful, and the qts would follow.

The problem is that now you get a steady job and be productive and useful, the qts DON'T follow. Girls don't give a shit if you're stable and a good provider. They all think they deserve Chad the Millionaire Olympian; just being a reliable normie gets you jack shit.

So yeah, if I felt that shuffling off to a job would get me a nice wife and kids, maybe I'd do it. But it won't, so I don't.

This. How can you be neither employed nor unemployed?

By looking for a job and working and consuming, I'm giving my silent consent to a system that enslaves people, literally in the form of sweatshops in poor countries and figuratively in the consumer-profligacy system here in the west where everyone slaves away for wages that are no better than almost 40 years ago so they can buy useless crap they don't need.

I won't be apart of it in any way shape or form.

You are right that natural laziness is a good thing. It's energy conserving. We have evolved to only expend energy when we're going to get something worthwhile in return.

I realised this while working. The modern world wants you to have "dreams", but you can't constantly be motivated to pursue these "dreams", it's just bullshit (bullshit to keep you working in the corporate machine). You've GOT to have relaxation time, for good health. That's when I realised that natural laziness was actually good for you, really.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. If not, consider that men are dropping out because of immigrants.

This desu

My dream is having a house and a nice wife to come home to after a long days work, eventually have kids, become boring dad.

Instead I work a low pay (but really fun) job, live with my parents and don't date because fuck most women now, and the insane rent costs. Rent for a studio here in the ghetto part of town is $1,200.

I'm just saving up a nice downpayment on a house since a mortgage is cheaper than renting.

Case in point

This.

With Turdeau going full 'dude 55,000+ refugees lmao' & yeah 300+ fire-beating africans going on strike...

Paying anything into such a system would to support it. Fuck that

I'm white. Pure English and Welsh.

I went to uni, yeah. Didn't want to go though, I just did it to whittle away 3 years. Never had any clue or desire regarding a career.

If communities started doing exchanges and community work we could discard the current system tbqh

They added a new slot to make the numbers better. "Not actively job searching."
That way normies don't realize over half the country is jobless.

What's been said, plus that young men don't just want to be good goyim and break their backs for someone else's profit.

>wake up early
>eat a shitty breakfast with a caffeine supplement
>drive a long journey to work (in a vehicle you only really own because of this)
>work all day
>repeat the same in reverse
>do the same again tomorrow
>until "retirement" (as if retirement is still going to be a thing)

This sure is living!

>Anglos talking about natural laziness

lel

Well now that everything is basically shitty for a productive male. There's less white men in college getting educated. Because some probably know college is only worth it for STEM or not even worth it at all. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this trend continues. Men don't see an incentive to work hard if most women are already sluts and don't value having a family. It's basically over.

Glad to see I'm not alone anons

And the other half is serving coffee and and selling chinese tat for peanuts.

>send out my resume 50 times a week
>get no responses ever
>have college degree
>"Those young Millennials are the laziest generation!"
k

Trips of truth.

This is why OWS happened in the first place, created to be subverted into race and gender politics - literally grade school level men vs women shit, before all of this all blame and focus was directly on corrupt unelected forms of global government, but the latest generation swallowed the politically correct propaganda meme hook line and sinker

Humanity was down to 10k with the last ice age... US revolution was won by a small percentage of men that feared for their country more than their lives...

In the past

> go to school
> graduate
> get a job that can support a family
> housewife can't fuck you over legally
> can't just up and leave for no reason
> actually have a family

Now a days men don't have a " family " in the traditional sense. There is no reason to strive your whole life to set up something that can be taken away from you for a reason as simple as your wife/girl wanting to go fuck some other guys.

It's just not worth it anymore. And bachelor life is cheap, so intelligent men who have realized this work less and spend more time enjoying themselves.

Is there even a choice? NEETs would only damage the system if immigration wasn't a thing. There's probably 10,000 available immigrants for every shut-in. The only chance for success is to become highly skilled.

Hey, wheres the retarded leaf with that one unemployment graph?
they must be sleeping or something.

I love that this is now an accepted reality for politicos to openly say.

>yes goy, pay into the social system even though it's collapsing and wont exist by the time you get old

Who the fuck do they think they're kidding? Who is stupid enough to buy into this any more?

>tfw I make 50€ an hour yelling at a pajeet Forman who in turn yells at his pajeets.

The company I work at is great. Lots of money to be made lots of travel over the world all expenses covered. Im 26 never been to College and learned a trade after school.

Life is good lads. Next week ill go to Mexico for 4 weeks. Gonna be sweet after a normal 8 hour woekday I get all the free time i want and everything is paid for.

>have college degree
From a shit school, or in a shit subject, or your resume is shit, or your experience is shit, or your social skills are shit.

I get 30%+ response rate if I do a blank-slate application blast, you need to refine your resume more m8

The more neets, the more money I make. I'm okay with this.

If you can't tell...

there has always been people that dont work but theres much more now since less and less men feel like they are needed or have any duty to support society.

like it or not this is because of multicultarism. whites in usa dont want to support blacks and whites in europe dont want to support middle easterners.

I'm surprised the Obama Leaf isn't in this thread spamming Fred graphs saying disenfranchised men are counted in the unemployment rates.

Women, mostly

If we could spread awareness among men there could be a genuine revolution. Ending corporate rule, enforcing rules upon women again, actually having a productive economy and enjoyable work for good work

You know what is also really insidious? The phrase "work ethic."

Basically means "do what makes the owners and bosses more money," yet is sold as a positive thing for the employee to have.

Work ethic for the employee is rarely backed up by pay ethic for the employer.

I doubt it can be saved. It's more just do as little as possible to make yourself comfy (whether that be doing a bit of freelance web design or flipping meme coins on /biz it doesn't really matter), pay as little tax as you can, consume as little as you can and sit back and watch the rest burn.

>leaf
>telling anyone anything of value
k

Tuesdays are busy bull prepping nights up here, he's likely pre-occupied with that

>become highly skilled
Every man should aspire to this, in a field that they love and enjoy.

I did that and figured out how to get paid sitting in my underwear in front of a pc from home

Workers are treated like shit.

Nobody I know my age has a hope of ever moving out or getting a good job.

We need to get a grassroots conservative movement for young people. Us on this Malaysian imageboard aren't the only ones pissed off with the current world. We need to change shit mang.

>Never had any clue or desire regarding a career.
IKTF, I did a shitty choice of degree, wish I could take a STEM degree now but that ain't gonna happen

What'd you do?

Which of us formed the largest empire on Earth Pablo? It wasn't you. Too busy taking siestas :^)

When I say laziness is natural, I'm not saying that's an excuse to sit on your ass, so if you think it is, fuck off and get a job

I'm going to apply for some today

Probably

It's pretty easy to see why.

>we are fucking primates
>men are muscular and do the work
>women take care of us when we come back so we can go work, also to keep our offspring well
>provide for the tribe and work towards group wellbeing
>modern society locks us in buildings instead of out hunting or exploring
>women don't have to rely on men for survival anymore

Men are basically becoming redundant.

The amount of actual jobs vs the amount of people who can work is the issue. Theres just not enough jobs for everyone.

>t. autistic weebo fat faggot
Sorry to hear your shitty arts degree didn't work out for you champ lel

Welcome to the behavioral sink

It's because our boomer parents will support us until they die and leave us money and property. Nobody wants the available jobs, since being a college educated barista is only cool for some people, so they don't care to look.

What are you applying for? And what's your degree in?

People these days say "women need jobs to be financially independent if something happens to the marriage". Which is just fucking bullshit. Back in the day there was a solution to women being financially sound - it was called lifelong marriage. Men who left their wives were looked down upon (pretty sure they couldn't do it without good reason). That's what we need to bring back.

This will never happen. Women are born consumers. The only thing that can save this world now is a massive return to a simpler (and by that I mean more frugal and thrifty) time.

I know it sounds grandiose to say that ending consumerism will save the world, but so much of what is wrong with it is driven by it, from environmental factors to economic and social factors.

The issue is that even the "good jobs" are rarely balanced by an increase in pay. Where I work the team leaders are on 20p more an hour, and the managers are on 80p more an hour.

What's really funny is when the increase in minimum wage went up the normal staff when from something like 50p above it, to squatting right on £7.20, not £7.70.

It goes beyond that. Watch any speech given by a politician on the economy and it's all about the means to the end of funding the state, namely welfare of people who don't live here. The "work ethic" is solely to enrich a few and destroy society with multiculturalism.

I studied history and economics

>Millions of men in their prime working years have dropped out of the workforce
>Never had a job and don't intend to.
>Give me a house and wife and then I might be tempted.

You just don't get it. You cant not work until its worth it.

I have known people like you. People that did not get their first job before 18-20. They sucked at the jobs, had no work ethics and got ostracized from society. People can spot the loosers, your one of them..

23 is way to late to try and turn it around anyways. Stay NEET and become the statistic we need to change the politics over time.

GG WP, better luck next life.

I actually was a barista for a while and it was a fun job

One of my favourite jobs to work actually. Although my least favourite part was that my boss was always trying to force me to smile more and be "more friendly".

I thought I was friendly enough as I was, and I didn't want to project some fake version of myself in order to make customers happy - how can you be friendly, how can you make friends with customers, if you're projecting a fake, smiley version of yourself?

Anyway, my boss still liked me in spite of this, probably because I was more of a coffee nerd than anyone else. I put a lot of time into practicing the art of it and learning about how all the coffees tasted and shit. As I say, fun job, possibly my favourite job actually.

Google it. If you have been out of work for X time, not actively looking, etc, then you are not considered part of the labour force. You can only be employed or unemployed if you are part of labour force

>>do the same again tomorrow
>>until "retirement"

What is "no education and zero ambition"?

>Rent for a studio here in the ghetto part of town is $1,200.
>a mortgage is cheaper than renting.
Wtf is wrong with the US?

lol @ you wagecucks

the western world is burning, collect your neetbux, get comfy, and wait for happenings

What's you fun job

You need a down payment for a mortgage of like $20,000+ and proof of work and a good credit rating.
Anyone making minimum wage is forced to rent.

Sorry wrong guy before. What's your job

It's even worse here. People spend about 40% of their wages on rent. Even over half their wages in some cities. Shits fucked.

This

I'm 28, i worked three years of my life.
During these three years, i have earned enough money to enable me to live for twenty-two years.
By the time i'm out of money, we'll either have basic income or our civilisation would have collapsed.

There is no reason for me to work.

That's a good degree.

I did a philosophy degree (really fucking stupid but basically I fucked myself over by not doing the STEM A-Levels that I actually had always wanted to do). In my first year I took my max number of outside modules in Computer Science, I guess because I knew philosophy wouldn't get me a job.

So after uni I was able to get a job as a junior web developer, based on those four first year modules I had done. To be honest though I'm sure someone could get a job like that just from doing online courses on Codecademy, if they built up a good portfolio.

So yeah. I ended up hating the job and quitting, but hey, at least I got a job... and now I need to apply for jobs again and I'll probably apply for the same thing because I'm not really qualified for anything else 2bh.

In your case, you've got economics, do you not reckon that can get you some sort of finance assistant job, or some sort of business analyst position? I really do think STEM is the key for jobs these days, every job that I look at which looks interesting says "requires a science / economics / maths / numerate degree". And yeah, I would have thought you could get some of those jobs with economics?

>This
But sitting on your ass ain't gonna get you a girl, and I will have some fucking children whether the world likes it or not

How? Did you invest it?

>(((work ethic)))

It's funny that this only applies to working for someone else.

A man could spend every moment that the sun is in the sky tending to his personal crops and animals, and people would still say he needs to get a real job, and that he's a waster and a mooch.

Unfortunately I have to do at least a 15hr week or I wont make enough to survive. Neetbux are unfortunately not enough.

Two kids, a wife and all that.

Why would we want to pay taxes to be spent on white genocide?

I would agree with this but I get restless if I just sit home everyday. I actually enjoy working. I have those drone-genes I guess.

Shit advise unless you can secure an independent income stream. Welfare bux can't last forever and you don't want to be trying to find something once they're gone.

>An economic mystery

How is that a mystery at all? The majority of people never got any fulfillment from wasting most of their day on work, they got it from being able to provide for their family.
Now that they have done everything they can to destroy the family there is simply no reason to slave away anymore, you can easily support yourself on much less hours or go into very early retirement if you saved up for a bit.

smart move. should have worked 6 years and get 44 years.

nigga...wat?

No, i reduced my expenses as much as possible.

It already exists it's called traditional Britain, there is also British rennesance

>"I get 30%+ response rate"
>Canada is America
>Canadian job market is American job market

A

FUCKING

LEAF

I've worked for my current employer for 22 years. Sometimes I think about getting unemployment for 2 years and some other free shit I've been paying for other people to receive. But I know I would be able to keep nice things. So I keep working for myself and so lazy people don't have, which pisses me the fuck off.

Automation and self-esteem; who wants to flip burgers?

Society should support high culture; education, ingenuity, mechanical and intellectual skills.

Canada is in America you stupid fuck. You must be an Australian using a proxy.

>Canada is in America you stupid fuck.

Canada is in NORTH AMERICA you stupid fuck. "America" is commonly used to refer to the UNITED STATES OF America.

God fucking damn it you can't be this autistic!

no they'd say he was a farmer. goddamn you have the peasant mentality.

Chimp out when they're gone
Land in prison and get fed anyway

I have been working since I was 14, otherwise you don't have what to eat

How can you not work? How much neetbux do you get? Are your parents paying for your shit? What do they think about your situation?

Making a living doesn't have to be so terrible.

>wake up early
>shitpost on Sup Forums
>eat a big breakfast, which always includes fresh seafood and beer unless I desire otherwise
>bike to the docks
>crew shows up, prepare boat for the day
>take tourists out for chartered deep sea fishing 7 months of the year
>come back and check crab traps
>more shitposting and feasting on the day's catch

Fishing and being called Captain all day is comfy as fuck. It's like being unemployed except you bring in mad dosh taking Yankee money and selling fish to the local restaurants.
Come home NEET man.

They do the same in Germany. It is not relevant if you are employed or unemployed, it is only relevant if you would be currently available to the market.

i.e. if they tell an unemployed guy to do some retarded 8 week seminar where he learns nothing useful for his field he does not count as unemployed anymore, since he is not currently available on the jobmarket

>Why aren't men propping up our Jewified SJW utopian dream where they have no benefits of participating in

HMMMMM REALLY ACTIVATES YOUR ALMONDS

How did you get into that?

Either scam neet bux or "work" outside the traditional wage slave meat grinder either as a self employed person or doing something dodgy.

You got lucky. There aren't many decent exciting jobs so obviously not many people can look to them as an option.

>the other 50% of the population competing for the same number of jobs.

Women don't work the majority of the jobs that men do.

I don't see how food would be a motivator for working, especially since potato contraptions are simple as shit to make and scalable for a year-long supply, reducing food expenses that much.
If you are spending more than 50€/month for food, something is very wrong, either with your market or your buying pattern.