Did you cry during Interstellar?

Did you cry during Interstellar?

Yeah

Tears of boredom

I cried because I spent money on a ticket for it.

Why would I cry during a movie that made no sense the more one thinks about it and handled its drama in a laughably hamfisted way?

it was bad but not THAT bad

When he was trying to communicate with Murph, yea. Then by the hospital bed

>I was your ghost
>See grandchild on home video and the life he missed
>"Don't go you idiot"
Yes

Aloha Reddit-San!!!!

Hahahaaaaaaaa Cooper Station alrightalrightalriiiiight

kek

How did they find the secret base in the timeline before he got into the black hole?

Also what did the mass exodus science actually do for them in the end?

Reddit loves Nolan

>a 4D room depicting every moment in an underaged girls' bedroom
Those 5D aliens were pedophiles and they just pretended they planned for humanity to find their place, right?

>things I don't like are reddit
Return to your website kid.

They made a space station orbiting Saturn and that somehow made their crops start working again

Out of my 5 or so viewings I've cried maybe 2 or 3 times during the scene when he gets messages from his kids as they grow up. Truthfully it depends on how much I've had to drink.

the black hole was a cunny thread on 29th century Sup Forums

I started sobbing up on the Saturn shots in iMax. I then started sobbing on rewatch at home.
Something about those shots man.

>somehow made their crops start working again

Because they weren't being grown on a dying planet with an increasingly hostile atmosphere you moron.

>Thinking of Cassini

>Those 5D aliens
I thought there were no aliens and it was all Mcconaughey

Where did they get the atmosphere?

Original script was better. Should have kept Spielberg as well.

Why did they need mass exodus tech if they just wanted/needed space stations?

Wouldn't be easier and a lot more viable to manufacture the same environment they had on their space station on earth instead?

>Because my Dad promised me

>Truthfully it depends on how much I've had to drink.
This. Alcohol can make me a bit emotional when watching movies.

The future humans man the wormhole and gargantua. Coop made the gravity anomalies as we got shot through the event horizon.

link?
Can anyone explain the 'love is the key' bullshit to me, please? Literally makes 0 sense. That whole sequence and 'key' point in the movie made 0 sense. Like - you had to get there in the first place, morons. Why not show that instead of the alien set-up for future humans to solve the problem.

Gonna be a sad day when humans cant at least feel sad for some lost little spacecraft.
Especially while getting pegged and masturbated by their tesla flying car as theyre being used as batteries and connected to the matrix. Or something like that

Every time.

This movie was so shit. Le love le transcends le time and le space. LMAO
It could have been a great sci-fi movie. We got a shit fantasy movie about le love instead.
You literally have to be a girl to enjoy this piece of trash.

Doesn't help that they never really explain what the blight it besides some lazy ticking clock script element. Some shit about nitrogen in the beginning.

that's weird because you type like a roastie

this is the only scene that gets me too,

How did the future humans deal with their problems on earth without the wormhole or black hole cube?

Where l started crying.

I cried when I looked at my watch 40 minutes in and realized I still had over two hours to go

They were going to the planet that Brand (Hathaway) landed on and found to be habitable enough for life.... It's not like that plan was clearly explained multiple times throughout the film and was in fact the main point of the entire film...

>It could have been a great sci-fi movie. We got a shit fantasy movie about le love instead.
This. What pissed me the most about this movie is that it could have been great if it weren't because of the love thing. I couldn't take seriously anything that took place after that fucking speech.

>could've made it a heretofore unknown aspect of the sun that would gradually render the Earth uninhabitable
>or any kind of scientifically literate issue
>instead, chooses a "problem" that almost certainly could be addressed by genetic manipulation

Do the Nolan's fucking EVER run their stories through an editor? Now they're on Westworld going on about trauma being critical to consciousness (because animals don't experience trauma, right?!)...

Billions of people can't live on fucking space stations. The space station was an intermediate point in the journey to the new planet where they would eventually colonize and start growing crops.

So the main population of humans hadn't arrived yet at the planet and they were chilling around saturn?

It's called a causal loop. Day 1 Temporal Mechanics 101 stuff user.

fucking goof ass

An OXygen/Carbon atmosphere it not hard to manufacture when there's nothing fighting back against it.

I cried during Interstellar before I got paid to cry during Interstellar.

>nolan
>editor
That's like saying B-A-T-H in front of a dog.

>29th century Sup Forums
whoa

Do you really think the normies who made this movie would have accepted it different? The resolution was specifically for the scenes everyone cried to.

Everytime someone talks about the ending here they wanted it to be more depressing.
Do you seriously think normie society wants a mainstream movie about "realistic" space travel as fucking sad and depressing as what it could have been?

Keep that terrifying depression in your head. The creators of the film knew it was too much at the murph video messages. So they revolved it with a happy ever after. For our sanity.

That doesn't answer my question. Why travel to an entirely different solar system to terraform an environment into arable land when you could just do the same thing on earth? Instead of travelling into deep space they could've just created giant greenhouses - or something to that effect - on earth that would keep their crops isolated from the blight.

Nolan literally thinks the audience is so dumb that they won't understand a hard sci-fi movie, so he threw the le transcends le everything subplot so normies have something to relate to. Problem is that doing so made the movie unwatchable for anyone who isn't retarded.

That part almost fucking got me so bad in theaters. My dad and I went through a really dark patch where it almost seemed like we'd never talk again and I saw that part and that was pretty much the catalyst to make me turn it around with him

But they were NASA. I think a different government organization would be in charge of what you're describing, and apparently they weren't able to come up with anything. Your point still stands.

>when you could just do the same thing on earth?

They couldn't, that's the entire point of the movie dipshit. They needed a new planet, because theirs was getting worse and worse and they had no way of fighting back against it. Eventually those dust storms would've gotten to the point that they were tearing down buildings, "greenhouses" included. Never mind the crops, it was becoming increasingly dangerous just being outside for humans.

Think about when they woke up Matt Damon. He was basically a time capsule. The whole goal of the mission was to make a human time capsule that could be multi-generational and last as long as it possibly could. We all know those other 3 planets, even the mars clone are all pretty uninhabitable. There really was no hope at all. They sent all their best people for some semblence of hope. But what the fuck does that even mean even then theyre dying to tidal forces.

Earth was the first, last, and only place they had until that wormhole. Which is literally just a plot point installed by future cooper.

This whole movie is more about divine intervention than human's ability to adapt. It really has implied it is going to take a God to save us.

Some may even imply... An Emporer of all Mankind...

I honestly couldn't help starting laughing out loud in the middle of the theatre with that fucking scene. What the fuck made Nolan think the love speech was a good idea? It was pathetically bad.

>Your point still stands.

It really doesn't retard. See

listen bud you don't need to link me to your other response, no one is talking to you because you sound like a dick and keep calling people shit like "retard," so fuck off

>Eventually those dust storms would've gotten to the point that they were tearing down buildings
This is your head canon. I don't remember that fact being communicated by the film in any way at any point.

The sad part is that normies actually loved it. Cinema is dead.

This. If I wanted to watch a movie about love, I wouldn't go to watch a fucking science fiction movie about space travel.

I call them as I see them. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. It baffles my mind how people can miss things like this that are blatantly explained in the movie. Like, you actually need to be a dipshit or a retard to miss these things. Just because I didn't use reddit language and pat you on the head like a child doesn't mean my explanation isn't 100% true.

Him getting the transmissions from his kids for the first time and Michael Caine dying made me cry.

>This is your head canon because I don't remember

It's not my problem if you're a mental invalid. My Cocaine gave a whole speech about how the storms were getting worse and worse, and at that point of the movie they were already causing people to retreat indoors and shaking entire houses like hurricanes. And let's say for some reason they never got to the point of tearing buildings down, making a temporary space station and finding a habitable planet is far FAR more feasible than covering our entire planet in a "greenhouse". Use your fucking brain.

>I didn't use reddit language
no you talk like someone fresh off the boat who thinks calling people names will make your point more valid
it doesn't

No
But when Matt Damon caused that explosion trying to dock with the ship,I shouted. Imax is loud as fuck.

I like Matt. The movie was a B to B -.

Solaris did it better.

I thought Nolan was a genius after Momento.

>thinks calling people names will make your point more valid

No, but it might encourage someone to actually use their fucking brains before asking such questions. This is Sup Forums for fucks sake, I'm being mild.

>it doesn't

Seeing as you can't make something that is 100% correct and valid more than it already is, I can't disagree here. The explanation has been given, both by me and the movie itself. Seems you're just bitter because you're too fucking dumb to follow a dumbed down movie and you don't like when people point it out. Reddit is that way if you need a hugbox.

If you didn't stop watching this crap immediately after the love speech you should kill yourself.

>he used bad language so his explanation magically disappears and your point still stands!

Kill yourself you wimpy little faggot. How can you be so fucking dumb that you can't follow a NOLAN MOVIE?

You are supposed to cry during movies ?

Best parts are over by that point anyway, but I'm not gonna walk out of a theatre 2 hours into a movie.

calm down, Ryan

What the fuck are you babbling about now? My name isn't Ryan, and nobody in the movie was named Ryan. Just desperate deflection at this point or what?

No one cares Billy.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE

NO ITS NECESSARY

*DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO*

Fuck yourself, Francis.

>"It's impossible!"
>isn't impossible

I fucking hate this trope.
From Ritsuko Ikagi to C3PO to Interstellar.

Yeah

No because im not a faggot like you OP

who are you trying to impress?

the ship would be as big as Earth to have this perspective

No it fucking wouldn't at all you shit stain

A small moon then faggit

Couldnt he morse code the formula to her at a younger age and tell her to not let him go, resulting in giving the formula while never leaving her and creating a loop?

>I saw that part and that was pretty much the catalyst to make me turn it around with him

The power of film, mang.

This movie made me unironically apologize for the first time for being such a cunt to my dad during my teen years.

>brainlet hasn't realized love is gravity in the movie
lmao bud