Yikes

Yikes...

>Yikes..
Go back queer

Shit was pure unadulterated kino
6.5/10

Great movie. Looking forward to the director's new flick.

it really shits the bed in the last 20 minutes, before that it's fine if you play it on 2x speed not memeing.

I know it's slow trance but the shots linger way too long and thy main guy is not a good or charismatic enough actor to carry the film.

some nice cinematography and 80's vibes though

this looks cool

take you meds you fucking adhd fuck
>2x speed
the music is one of the big components in this

i watched 2001 and el topo on half speed and loved them,

This film just doesn't have the same atmosphere, it's not as captivating .

It's a solid 6/10 and i like what it was aiming for

This movie actually started putting me to sleep

>watching movies on any altered speed
you should still kill yourself

the vast majority of films that have been produced are not worth watching at 1.0x speed

I really enjoyed it.

Awesome. I had given up hope that was ever making another movie.

i literally watched it on normal speed faggot

I agree that the ending really goes down hill; overall I thought several moments of the film were just kind of stupid. However I respect it for what it is, and it did a lot right, I'd gladly watch another film by Cosmos, which apparently is a thing according to the post above?
Then why watch them at all? Watch films that are worth it

Is this the first thread where the word Lovecraftian would actually be appropriate and no one used it?

>Then why watch them at all? Watch films that are worth it
How are you supposed to know if it's worth it without watching it?

/thread

Back off Sup Forums
I won't be fooled again

there's a purpose to everythin, even the dopey ending

great depiction of a bad trip too, until you comprehend what's actually supposed to be happening.

How would you be able to tell if it would be worth it if you're not watching it at the intended speed? You watch it based on who its directed by or how it appeals to you; if you're watching movies correctly, it doesn't matter if you end up liking it that much or not, it should still be a film with honest artistic intent. If it has that then its worth watching

>How would you be able to tell if it would be worth it if you're not watching it at the intended speed?
You're still watching the same movie... you just get through worthless parts faster

>You watch it based on who its directed by or how it appeals to you; if you're watching movies correctly, it doesn't matter if you end up liking it that much or not, it should still be a film with honest artistic intent.
Wrong.

Intent alone doesn't make a worthwhile film, execution is critical.

If you're watching a garbage movie, then it has worthless parts that would warrant skipping. But yes, execution is everything, and you're completely ruining any act of pacing, tone setting, or camera movement/mise en scene by watching it at 2x speed. Intent is simply what determines whether you should watch it. From there you can decide whether its worthwhile or not, but you cannot do that watching it a different speed

>If you're watching a garbage movie, then it has worthless parts that would warrant skipping.
Who said anything about skipping? You don't 'skip' scenes by watching at 1.25x, or 1.5x, or even 2.0x.

>But yes, execution is everything, and you're completely ruining any act of pacing, tone setting, or camera movement/mise en scene by watching it at 2x speed.
Plenty of films make it painfully clear that no pacing, tone setting or camera movement was done with any real creative intent, just out of necessity.

yea usually it's better to stop watching a movie if you're not enjoying it.

Then if you're watching films that don't make efforts towards that thing why are you still watching them? Just drop the film and pick a different direction. What was the last film you watched that exhibited that lack of creative intent?

>Then if you're watching films that don't make efforts towards that thing why are you still watching them?
Because some films get better eventually...

>What was the last film you watched that exhibited that lack of creative intent?
Baby Driver

This movie has LOADS of philosphical subtext and suggestive imagery, and all you donkeys can honk about is watching movies at 1.1 speed? What the fuck is that? Says everything about this board that needs to be said I think.

it's more the point that it does nothing special for the genre it's in. there are other movies that has just as much symbolism, subtext and philosophy as well as better pacing, better acting and an actual story.

basically it's too slow and uneventful for what it actually gives.

I honestly can't remember if I liked this kino or not.

What was the ending? Can't remember that either. I vaguely remember that it felt a little contrived.

Well then watch them or don't, are you really so short on time that you have to watch films at 2x speed? And I can't comment on Baby Driver because I haven't seen it nor do I have any desire to. Not only does not not interest me that much, it also is very clearly the type of film that doesn't care about careful or effective camera work/tone/etc. Not to say I won't watch any blockbusters, I watched the recent Planet of the Apes movies and quote enjoyed it. But I think if you want to watch worthwhile films, you need to do some research and watch actually reputable and important films. That or keep watching Baby Driver and others and just deal with the fact that they're sub par. I really don't even think its that wrong to watch a movie like that at a faster speed. I wouldn't, but you're right, you're hardly missing anything by doing it. But you can't justify doing it with every film, and I would consider Beyond the Black Rainbow to be one of those that requires an honest viewing

She escapes and he chases after her. He comes across a couple guys in the woods, accuses them of fucking her, and then murders them. Then she uses her psychic powers to make him trip on a rock and die.

bad guy finally catches up with the main girl, then he falls over and hits his head on a rock. lol

>it also is very clearly the type of film that doesn't care about careful or effective camera work/tone/etc.

nah it really does, a fantastic opening sequence making use of typography on walls and the film has some of the best sound design in a modern blockbuster in the past 10 years.

Check it out lad it's a good watch

>Well then watch them or don't, are you really so short on time that you have to watch films at 2x speed?
There's enough films to watch to last a lifetime, if the director is going to disrespect the audience by not putting enough care into parts I'm not going to pay those scenes respect either.

>ut I think if you want to watch worthwhile films, you need to do some research and watch actually reputable and important films.
If you want to watch worthwhile films you have to watch films, there's no other way around it.

3/10 film at best

Yes thats a fair point. But honestly I could probably count on one hand the amount of films I've seen this year that I felt disrespected by
Interesting to hear, I really know very little about it, just the posts I've seen here, perhaps I should be far less quick to judge. Regardless, it doesn't interest me all that much as, as the other poster I'm replying to says, there are enough films to watch to last a lifetime and I have my own back log of films I'm much more drawn to watching

>Nick fuck my shit up cage
no ty

>Wild at Heart
>Adaptation
>Leaving Las Vegas
The man can make some kino, seeing his name with a respectable director doesn't put me off in the slightest

>But honestly I could probably count on one hand the amount of films I've seen this year that I felt disrespected by
I can name (at least):
Baby Driver
The Vault
Okja
Logan
BLAME!
A Cure for Wellness

oh and "It"

I must admit I haven't seen any of those
>Funny Games
>The Devil's Rejects
>Train to Busan
Those are the ones I chose to watch that I ultimately felt were not worthwhile. Now I've watched a few more films that were definitely far worse than those, but they were ones I sat down to watch with family, girlfriend, whatever.

I also just realized perhaps you thought I meant films that came out this year

You fucked her

>kino
>6.5/10

I like it, but i 100% understand why others don't, unconventional =! good, also doesn't help its case that it's popular with commies and the director is a shitlib

I'ts really hard for me to not enjoy a movie and i thought this was a huge piece of shit.