What was this scene trying to convey

What was this scene trying to convey

SJW shit as usual

Pooh fetish

??

Yiff yiff

kubrick was psychic and he was warning us about furries, obviously.

It's unsettling because it represents the disgusted terror of an unwilling part of incest.The intimacy of a trusted part of your household forcing you into an uncomfortable situation. Here we have two normal things made uncanny and deformed, it gives you a queasy unsettling feeling. There's also the pressure of feeling like you've walked in on something you shouldn't have. It's a harsh, uncomfortable shot.
Everyone will interpret it how they will based on themselves, though.

>Woah a weird bear/predator outfit guy giving a blowjob, so random, I'm disturbed and feel unsettled

Lovecraft

I mention it all the time, but I watched the shining as a child and that scene always fucked me up. I would have nightmares of that bear guy just staring at me and I would sometimes sit in my bed and cry thinking about him. This is the scariest part of the movie for me.

>A nigger, cuck.

What did Kubrick mean by this line of dialog?

t. brainlet

the idea is that they were supposed to be stranded up there for months, snowed in.

the idea that anybody is in that hotel with you is fucking horrifying. so when she sees the legs, it's that dread of, "oh no. please no. who is that."

the moment you see that THAT'S what's in the hotel with you... really think about it. The horror is truly unbridled. Fucking brilliant scene

>be gay dude at 1920s party in Overlook hotel
>having fun time, meet hot guy in bear suit
>oh shit, that's one of my fetishes
>go upstairs, find a random room
>guy in bear suit starts going down on you
>fuck yea
>suddenly you realize that a terrified young woman in a bathrobe who is holding a knife is staring at you from the hallway
>wtf

I never understood a fucking god damn thing about the shining at all. Or 2001. I really, honestly think these are just obscure avant garde bullshit for the sake of being obscure avant garde bullshit.

stfu queer

that the ghosts in the hotel arent fucking around anymore - they want everyone either out of the hotel or dead... ghosts had appeared to jack and danny throughout the film and here, for the first time, two of them appear to wendy as she is fleeing jack and trying to find danny and escape.

in the novel. there was a lot more backstory of the ghosts than the film. these two ghosts, in particular, had a thread throughout the novel... the guy on the right was the owner of the hotel. the guy in the dog suit was a young gay partier at the hotel who was infatuated with the owner and kept hitting on him at the parties thrown nightly in the ballroom.. eventually the owner relented but on the condition that the gay guy dress up like a dog and follow him around while acting like a dog... after a few more encounters where the gay guy complies with the owners fetish but is still rejected, the owner finally allows the guy to blow him. there was even a scene in the novel where the gay ghost is headed back to his room one night in his dog suit dejected after a failed attempt to seduce the owner and encounters danny riding through the halls on his tricycle. he scares the hell out of danny by growling and saying "i'm gonna bite your little dick off"

It's intentionally obscure, the novel goes into more detail about the oddities occurring, but Kubrick likes to be 2deep4u and wanted to piss on Stephen Kangz

If you didn't get these movies you probably weren't raised in America or around a lot of American pop culture. Also probably not Christian

No u

This still hasn't shown up in the books yet. All there was was a clock, the old lady, and shrubbery. I'm getting near the end and feel disappointed.

>This still hasn't shown up in the books yet
>I'm getting near the end and feel disappointed.

nigga, the book has little resemblance to the movie.

If you weren't a shill nigga, I'd point out the Kubrick's hangnails are more honest and complex than anything 'SK' ever produced.

some autist posted an infographic saying that the framing has parallels with Danny looking in the mirror in act 1, the theme of bears throughout--implying that Jack raped Danny. You didn't notice it, but your brain did

got a link?