ITT:actors who wasted their big break and didn't amount to anything

ITT:actors who wasted their big break and didn't amount to anything

Hollywood isn't real user.

At least Cranston's post-BB career has been pretty good desu

that's some dodecahedron level thinking, user

Un-true I think, he shows a pretty wide range.
Generally after being on such a well awarded show as Mad Men, the big names of the show will disappear for a while to either decompress from the role or to avoid typecasting. It's probably why Daniel Radcliffe didn't do a highly publicized movie until Swiss Army Man.

He'll be back, he's already gotten some press coverage from Baby Driver.

I mean..

I wrote a 90 minute comedy about an over zelous fast food manager who takes his job too seriously envisioning Nic Cage as the staring role. Since cage is too old I figured Hamm could fit pretty well. What are the odds I can get a hold of John Hamms agent and pitch my low budget comedy script?

Too busy laying his enormous pipe on thots

He amounted to a pile of ashes.

Thanks shillberg

Let's debate fake careers now!

i can actually produce your script

Itt: a shill doing his best to enforce the perception that Hollywood is a real business.

I kind of like just seeing him randomly pop up in whatever. I hope he does it forever.

You are OP faggot.

Eric Roberts is interested.

Damn his hair has receded a lot

he never had a chance because he's a shit actor. Doesn't matter whether he got cast on BrBa or ShitShow #4859375

He doesn't do too bad for himself, but in the mid '00s it really felt like he was on his way to being a huge star.

He's the guy they hire when they can't get Javier Bardem

>implying he hasn't already read the script and is filming as we speak

My man crush

His last good film was with steve mcqueen

>not posting Scofield
One job!

Josh Hartnett

what are you on about m8

fpbp

this thread is probably 95% shill.

What was his big break? The Girl Next Door?

same Sup Forumsfag

>What was his big break?
Being born into a cult.

Like everyone else itt

bullshit what proof have you

...I want to believe

His big break was coming out of his mother's uterus. Look at that fucking melon fucking hell.

The few movies he got to headline like Into the Wild, Alpha Dog, Speed Racer, and Darkest Hour.

Into the Wild or Killer Joe.

Dude's got a bigger forehead than Jacksfilms.

The guy who played Rico in Starship troopers.

>300 and the sequel nobody cares about
>Dredd
>that Terminator TV show
>The Purge
She's doing well for herself even outside of GOT.

This little shit.

One of the most underrated actors of our time

I mean, he doesn't really need to do anything with the monstrous amount of money he made from Avatar, but still.

put the bunny back in the box

DUDE
NIC CAGE
LMFAO!!!!!!!

I think his agent secretly works against him because he's a good actor yet he's been in some really really bad movies

thread needs more sizemore.

he does them on purpose

[spolier] i've been busy [/spoiler]

Sizemore was close to an A-liat star for probably 15 years and just fucked it up with drugs and whores. He was a serious supporting actor in the 90s, pretty much William fichtner meets john goodman levels of "that guy"

>mfw he literally turned down being Bruce Wayne in Nolan's Batman movies because it was too Hollywood or whatever and he wanted to do smaller independent stuff
There are lots of "almosts" with casting, writing, and directing in film history due creative differences, irreconcilable schedule conflicts, whatever, but this has to be one of the most baffling "nah I'm just not doing it" moments. He also openly regrets his decision.

>killer joe
I knew I recognized that deformed shitbag from somewhere

I liked him in BrBa. Especially in the last season

The cast of that series has some excelent actors. Better than most of the hollywood actors lately.

Wasn't Macbeth good?

This. He looked so good in Baby driver.

Jensen was shortlisted for Captain America, Hawkeye, and Star-Lord and just barely missed the cut each time, sucks because I'd have liked to see him get more opportunity.

He actually retired after GOT because he didn't enjoy acting and he knew nobody would be able to see him as anyone other than Joffrey.

With all the money he must make from redneck DBZ I don't think he needs to be in anything else desu.

Nice satanic trips

Why white people age like shit

Idk, I think Ellen is looking pretty good here.

So this is a typecast thread?

I especially feel for Jon Hamm, in interviews he's talked about the fact that every role he's offered has been a Don Draper clone.

I'm happy to see him at least dabble in comedy these past few years. He is obscenely good at being goofy, which is something Mad Men could never let him do

He's preparing for the Gordon Ramsay biopic

they are human

I Don't know what people's opinion on WTF with Marc Maron is, but Hamm gives a really good and funny interview on that. I dare say its a comfy listen

Radcliffe's doing well for himself though. I feel like he managed to move past Harry Potter with his latest movies, especially Swiss Army Man.

>get me Johnny Knoxville
>we can't afford him but I have just the guy boss

that he's still around at all is more than I expected

Is that the dude from Tame Impala?

nah he did good

he's making Cronenberg movies instead of being typecast as the man from twilight

He's getting roles, but he wasn't launched into the kind if stardom that a role like Harry Potter should allow. None of the actors in this thread are completely out of work, but they all took a step backward after being typecast

Speed Racer killed his career

man outside of that fat kid Speed Racer was fun, good even

Couldn't even transition to VAing like Mark.

and Mark got vanilla skied

>implying Army Dog wasn't easily the grittiest war films of all time
I will say one thing to Cage's credit. Whatever role he's in he 100% puts himself into. I've never seen an actor able to be so sincere in so many shit roles and movies. Also, Leaving Las Vegas was genuinely fantastic.

This brings me back

>maintain consistent handsome look for 20 years
>only get cast in literal garbage in that time
Such a shame

He never had a big break, he was a that guy.

His career genuinely is a tragedy. I'd cast him if I ever wrote, directed, or produced an action movie.

>redneck DBZ
Gave me a chuckle there user

Rosamund Pike

Ed Furlong just depresses me, after American History X he could have had some oscar-worthy roles in the future had he not been totally fucked up on drugs and alcohol.
If I ever somehow make it in the biz I'm going cold turkey.

>but he wasn't launched into the kind if stardom that a role like Harry Potter should allow
he is literally a midget, what did you expect?
he could never be a big hollywood star, it's biologically impossible

There are so many actors and actresses who end up strung out and looking like total fucking shit. I'd never touch the stuff with how many horror shows you see washed up in LA.

Fuck are you on about, he's been a leading man consistently since Bill and Ted.
Point break
The lake house
The matrix
Constantine
Somethings gotta give
Dangerous liaisons
Speed
A scanner darkly
47 ronin
Devils advocate
93 movies in total

He's been in every kind of role for 30 years, drama, action, comedy, sci fi, documentary, fantasy. Was just listening to an interview with him actually. Super chill dude.

After Phillip Seymour Hoffman's death I swore never to touch any hard drug in my life.
Fuck it pissed me off knowing how mnay great films we'll miss out on because of a speedball.

don't worry user we probably won't miss out on any films if you kick the bucket prematurely

Fucking for real. In some cases it might be better though. Chris Farley got to die as a legend instead of a washed up has been making his 15th film with David Spade this year. It likely would've happened, but now we'll never have to suffer seeing him become shitty.

What do you define as "doing something with your big break", OP?

I don't think he even desires to be a blockbuster star. He gets enough buzz doing supporting roles and cameos, thanks to his "big break."

Literally who

If we're talking about the western market, sorta. He's probably never going to lead a big title, but Need for Speed apparently did so well in China they're setting the sequel there.

Being a has-been is different from "wasting your big break", he had his time and that time has passed. No shame in that.

2soon

She's got top billing in GoT and is raising a kid, fuck her for not going a bunch of movies on the off-season, right?

No big break, always "that guy"

who

Everything he's done recently has turned a profit. He's still riding his big break.

You're right, he did.

>implying

Fair enough.

See: William Fitchner

True, he will never top LotR

He hasn't topped Twilight, but all of his recent movies have been kino, so good on him.

Voluntarily walked away from acting after his big break.

See: Robert Pattinson

He might actually be on the rebound, which surprises me.

F

Orlando Bloom doesn't need money, he's part of two massive franchises.