Remember when people were actually scared of this guy

Remember when people were actually scared of this guy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wmjrqJcouIQ
youtu.be/VdAYG8xCLIc
youtu.be/C8MkL2ekzlM?t=54s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's more funny than scary, he's basically the jack Nicholson joker except with sharp teeth

He was never scary. He never even laid his hands on the kids.

Nope but I remember Jeepers Creepers being scary.

Tim Curry was supposed to voice the Joker in Batman The Animed Series but was replaced by Mark Hamill after he got bronchitis

*Animated

nope

That's more of a teen

He looks like The Cat in the Hat.

This guy was hilarious

He looks like he's gonna rape him

Ironically fpbp

Didn't he grab the fat kids leg???

I turned that awful movie off halfway through. What did I miss?

>Supposed to be scary
>Is not scary and only comedic
What did they mean by this?

This youtu.be/wmjrqJcouIQ

This scene made me mildly fearful of big public showers as a kid and made me terrified of drains

For years I wouldn't go near them in the swimming pool

>Tim Curry
>earned a reputation through talent and hard work actor
>Stellan Skarsgard
>daddy was famous so now I've got a career

sage

what did you do about the cinema showers?

Your argument would hold some weight if Bill wasn't actually great as pennywise

The mini series was shit, but Tim curry was God tier tbqh

Everything he did could be attributed to good writing and (mildly) good direction. None of it was his own. Any other actor could have easily done what he did

this, Tim Curry is great.

How did IT get memed so hard? There were some good 90s King miniseries (The Stand, Storm of the Century, PURE KINO Langoliers), and IT was not. Everything without Tim Curry was garbage, and he did not have much screentime.

The mini series would have been better if it had the child orgy

I was scared of clowns before I saw this tv movie. I only saw it recently like 6 years ago. it holds up unlike the hot topic new one

Being on network TV neutered what could've been a truly scary and disturbing show. Should've been on HBO.

>people were scared of this freddy kreuger rip off

>people are scared of nuPennywise and his tryhard voice

He was scary to children. As a kid I heard about how scary IT was and some adults today credit their fear of clowns to this movie. I've never seen it so I can't say more than that.

Nah dude it would have been better if it had Henry getting jerked off by his friend

KISS ME FAT BOY

People seem to forget it was a made-for-tv movie that aired on ABC.
It was never really scary unless you saw it as a kiddo.

It's a good comfy kid horror movie
It has much more value as a Stand By Me type of movie

Tim Curry brought more to Pennywise than that series deserved.

He basically did the same thing Raul Julia did for M. Bison. He took a character in a movie that had no business being anything but straight to VHS trash and put in a masterwork performance above and beyond what the material deserved.

holy shit user btfo, how will he ever recover, he is probably pacing around the room taking a cool down lap with his hands behind his hand right in this very moment

>for you the day M Bison graced your village with his presence was the most important day of your life, for me it was a tuesday

BASED

youtu.be/VdAYG8xCLIc

What part of writing or direction can make him look in 2 different directions or have a unique smile?

This. Everyone always talks about the child orgy, but no one ever mentions the bullies lending one another a helping hand.

that's because they only read the wikipedia article for something to meme about

>People seem to forget it was a made-for-tv movie that aired on ABC.
yet it still had more balls than the 2017 flick
youtu.be/C8MkL2ekzlM?t=54s

>tfw I don't get the prince albert in a can joke

prince albert was the prince of england, he was assassinated by Chinese tourists at a can factory in 1984.

remember when people were actually scared of this

I watched It as a kid and pennywise scared the shit out of me. Not only is he a creepy monster evil clown that lives in the sewers and eats kids, he's basically Freddy Krueger but able to appear anywhere at anytime. Then he's able to brainwash a whole town and only appear to you, making you hallucinate or lose your mind seeing horrible things. I remember being more terrified at IT during the adult part of the movie cause it finally hit me that he doesn't age ever and won't ever leave Dairy. IT was terrifiying