XKCD is funny. FUNNY!

XKCD is funny. FUNNY!

No, it's not. And beer does taste good. Just drink something that isn't piss-water light beer.

inb4 mods clamp down on opinions

Someone post the stone strip.

LOL those drumpftards sure are dumb

That cursor is backwards.

I literally can't stop laughing pleace help me lads!

Na, he's just in Australia

>Hey, you're not supposed to be in there.
>It's cool.
People like this should be murdered.

>png
>artifacting
>not thread relevant
Kill yourself.

Just gonna put this here

This is actually funny. I want words to mean what they are supposed to mean.

>not riding the multi-thread mod train
Get a load of this faggot.

Seriously, learn how images work or off yourself.

Hey guys, OP here, if I get banned please continue the train.

Nothing means what they're supposed to mean if you go back far enough

For instance, "sad" means "heavy".

Which is annoying to people with OCD or a desire for things to be rational. That's the joke.

Is there something wrong with the Earth's gravitational field in the future?

Joke?

Si

That's how webcomics work. Put in one kernel of relatability and one kernel of humor and start drawing.

No, it's wine tasters that are pretending. Beers are a lot more diverse.

Course, I'm more of a cider man myself.

Everyone who doesn't drink mead from a coalminer's boot is just pretending

Mead, yes

Coal miner boot, no

I'll never forget my first sip of mead. I swear the clouds opened up and I heard angels

>sweet alcohol
No thank you.

>Cider
Want some ovary pills with that drink, ma'am?

He still has this one pinned to the bottom of his page

By the way, was this the origins of the ball pit meme (e.g. Dashcon) or was it common around the "I f'ing love science! NDG is my hero! Bring back Firefly! Dr Who is the best!" crowd before?

Real mead isn't sweet

Triggering Sup Forums?
Maybe?
It's got to trigger someone

It's made from honey. It can't not be sweet.

>Wine is made from grapes, it can't not be sweet!

If I chase whiskey with cider does that make me a man or a woman

Wine and cider aren't sweet (unless it's shit).

The sugar gets metabolized away into alcohol by the yeast.

Are you one of those bible thumpers in hiding bitching about """scientism"""?

It makes you hungover the next day

What did he mean by this?

To be fair there are distinct booze-making varieties of grapes and apples and they often don't taste good as fresh fruit.

I need more good natured elf abuse in my life.

>XKCD unironically shilled for Hillary, not as a way to avoid Trump, which is understandable, but because he legitimately supported her bid for the presidency

I thought XKCD was supposed to be smart?

This was the last straw. I was able to tolerate most of his crap, but the fact that he can't believe other people can like beer just proves he's an insufferable cunt.
>mfw he was one of the reasons I decided to major in Mech. Engineering so I could go into NASA

I'm going to make a tumblr blog, and my gender will be "hungover"

Do people still catcall women walking around outside?
Do people still walk around outside?

I ask cause I don't go outside and aren't sure if people walk around a lot outside.

LOL

He's complaingin about know-nothings who profess love for science because they think it makes them seem smart.

Oh boy, an XKCD bashing thread, my favourite!
Did you already post the beer one? Ok ok, then listen to this.
Do you remember the one about freedom of speech? SUCH AN ENTITLED ASSHOLE AMIRITE?
Oh oh and don't you hate when he makes le ebin math jokes? How DARES he like something that Sup Forums doesn't. Fuck this supreme gentleman whiteknight faggot why can't he be a right wing edgelord like us????
LITERALLY WORSE THAN HEATHCLIFF.
I'm done sperging out, carry on.

What train?

First of all, fuck you

Second of all what the fuck is an ovary pill?

Just because something isn't sweet it doesn't mean it isn't packed full of sugars.

Look at wheat

It seems to be a jab at the kind of people who complain about friendzones - the ones who seem to believe that "being a good friend" will somehow naturally evolve into "lovers".

Seems like a bit of a drag to reach the supposed punchline though

Thank goodness for that bottom text, I wasn't sure what he was going for!

The outside is a wasteland. No life survives. You're all that's left. We're just figments of your diseased brain unable to cope with being the last living creature on this cursed world.

>because it makes them seem smart
Respecting science and making an effort to understand the universe by at very least watching Cosmos or subscribing to some science feed is not a bad thing. The only people who would claim otherwise are cooks who are assmad about science not supporting their pet theory.

I knew it was a good idea to stay inside. Haha dumb outside people.

Nah, I wouldn't want you to have to get a refill so soon :)

>a desire for things to be rational.

It IS rational, you just have autism.

being monthly is suffering

He's posted this thread a few times cause it keeps getting deleted.

Thanks for keeping it to one post, Spanky.

Ok, is it just me, or is catcalling only an American thing?

I'm Irish, and the only thing like catcalling I've seen is from (generally drunk) packs of young people. Like, people, not just men, if they're drunk and in a pack and young I see women do it as well. And it's like, a drunken adolescent thing. I don't think it even is really catcalling because, again men or women, they do it just to get a reaction.

When americans portray it, though, it's often older men? And by themselves? And like... isn't that a sort of immature adolescent thing to do? I mean I'm not talking about any sexism aspect of it, just... well, aren't they embarrassed to do that sort of thing? It's a dumb late-teenagery thing, but that association doesn't seem to be there in american culture. That's weird.

You're weird, America.

He helped design Reddit's scoring system, what do you think?

I do enjoy some of his comics, but only when there's no political undertone. Goddamn he can't handle those for beans.

Patrick Alexander is a national treasure

>Seems like a bit of a drag to reach the supposed punchline though

You don't know the guy, he has to make a strip about him being someone who GETS women every month or so.
Someone posts the one where he whiteknights for a lady on the internet while literally wearing a fedora please.

>Ok, is it just me, or is catcalling only an American thing?

Of course not you dumb fuck.

>he's whining because for one fucking thread Sup Forums isn't pretending to be tumblr
Fuck off. Any other thread and you'd defend this guy to the death. This isn't even about politics, he's just another pretentious asshole.
>inb4 Sup Forums
>implying I'm not a bleeding heart liberal who's sick of all the cunts in his own house.

sinces the mods are asleep, whats you're favorite beer to drink? Mines pic related, or a stout, doesn't really matter which.

It's actually not an American thing
It's a "poor people from hot countries" thing

You see it in Europe if you go to Italy or Spain

It's ironic that SJW love to defend minorities about their culture but they also are the most offensive towards women

I'm not entirely certain it's a real thing period. At least how you're describing it, and not anymore. I think it might have been a thing back in the 50s or 40s, and it was featured in some movies, and that just means it's a thing that everyone "knows" about because it's pervaded culture.

Mods aren't asleep
They're just waiting to blue ball us one this thread reaches an interesting enough discussion

I know him, I was one of those people who unironically enjoyed his comics when I was the most cringe-worthy teenager alive.

Just saying he didn't need to take nearly that long to get to the point. Most his other comics aren't THAT long.

Is yelling the equivalent of "HEY GIRL, I FIND YOU ATTRACTIVE" considered harassment? That's what catcalling is, isn't it? Or is catcalling when you say creepy shit like "I WANNA SNIFF YOUR BUTTHOLE PLEASE POOP ON MY FACE"?

>IPA
My bitta nigga.

>is not a bad thing

It is if you view it as an achievement to shout out to the world.
Sorry lardass but subscribing to twitter pages doesn't make you an enlightened scientist, you're as dumb as any other hick, only with an internet connection.

Usually it's somewhere between the two.

Once upon a time he was more self-aware

Telling a woman who doesn't find you attractive that you find her attractive is harassment.

Apparently "good morning" is a particularly heinous example.

>It is if you view it as an achievement to shout out to the world.
Pic related.

>lardass
Not helping your cause, bud.

SJWs don't view mediterraneans as a minority, unless it's about women (see Wonder Woman).

>Fuck this gay earth

Basically and The form of cat calling most North Americans would immediately think of, would be the classic "Construction guys whistling at a women when she walks by", which has been portrayed in countless media. The majority of Caucasians in reality though don't do this, and if they did, it's either because they're drunk, have bad manners, or both.

>Pic related.
>The only people who would claim otherwise are cooks who are assmad about science not supporting their pet theory.

>beers are more diverse than wine
k

>posting the unrealistic version

Thank god mods haven't touches us yet.

I'm having fun. How about you guys?

I posted a cute elf earlier so yeah I'm pretty happy.

Yes, that's you. There is nothing wrong with respecting knowledge and the methodology that creates it.

There's a minor discussion about beer, so I'm happy.

How is stove? I usually seen there stuff but never try it.

Mostly Urban Black men who do it. So they can either stand up to misogyny or not be racist.

So they blame it on white guys.

Everything is subjective, but I really like it. The IPA is very hoppy. Good strong flavor, but a very mild aftertaste which I enjoy.

>muh IPAs
>implying that IPAs aren't the current newfag trend in beers

but seriously Stone IPA is good shit

>Yes, that's you.

>implying that there's anyone in the world that considers a fedora autismo to be cute

He makes it so fucking obvious.

>go to local microbrew
>look at their menu

>IPA
>IPA
>IPA
>APA
>Double IPA
>Bud Light

I don't mind an IPA but fuck, some variety is nice

Yeah, I know. I realized I had a taste for them about a decade ago, so I still remember them being considered unpleasant by everyone I knew at the time.

You know I'm right. There is probably some theory of yours that science doesn't support so your only recourse is to bitch about """scientism""". The public needs to be educated about how the world works. Pop science is therefore good. This is just your backhanded way of sticking it to the methodology that doesn't support your cook theories.

Are you trying to miss the point or what? Conflating people that actually have an interest in science with those who only share clips from You Have Been Warned over twitter is honestly really insulting.

>I'm not entirely certain it's a real thing period. At least how you're describing it, and not anymore

It absolutely is.

I mean, it's not usually 4 dudes in their hard hats sitting at a construction site, but it's a very real thing. Whether it's guys on the street or in their cars or even just subtle shit at a bar. And I'm not talking about people who get triggered by like "hey, you're attractive" or whatever; there's plenty of actual derogatory shit going around.

>You know I'm right.

No I know how much of a dumbass you are, you can't even write two coherent replies in a row and yet here you are judging people you don't know because you follow a social media page.

You're a riot, keep it up.