Shit

shit

You didn't get it

"Really Makes You Think" - The Movie

But in all honestly this movie the antithesis of Reddit. I'm not saying it's a great scary movie, or even a good movie, but the way it presents a story and refuses to spell anything out for the viewer triggers Redditors to no end. If you google "It Comes at Night Reddit" you'll see what I mean.

Agreed. I tried to avoid any discussion here but I hope people don't actually think it's good

You're fault for watching it.

I learned from the witch & it swallows, after a few months cuntraction's start sucking indie horrors dick

Yeah, it was fucking awful.

Both of those were great thogh.

what's up with indie filmmakers and this kind of lifeless minimalism?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdTmToOxMLc

Someone on Sup Forums pointed this out to me so I'll pass on the favor. Check out around 1:18 in the clip. There's someone/something else watching them in the woods.

Thanks, Im going to watch this now. Even if its shit you sold me on at least giving it a chance.

kino

Reddit or not it's shit desu. You've been warned.

Same thing as The Witch
Promised horror and delivered... totally not horror!

I liked The VVitch, though so maybe I'll like this. I prefer suspense to horror anyway.

I dont see shit (Except maybe what I circled but I think thats just a tree) and I saw the movie twice in theaters.

stupid genrefag. A good movie is a good movie.

It's not as good as The Witch, by a longshot. I liked the director's first film, Krisha, but this one seemed like a big step backwards to me. It's basically just an episode of "The Walking Dead" minus zombies.

I actually liked it. Even though you can call it "lazy" or stupid or dismiss it as minimalist indie trash, I think those critiques either a) come from the viewer's frustration of not having the plot wrapped up in a little bow and handed to you, or b) fail to take into consideration that the director wants you to feel disappointed, upset, and unsatisfied at the end.

That's literally the point. The movie is unsettling and jarring, not just the storyline/writing - but the style/direction as well. Like "It Follows", "It Comes At Night" feels like a nightmare. You aren't given the tools to figure out what's going on, but you know it's horrifying. You don't know how it ends, but it still makes you feel angry/upset. The director is toying with your emotions, and getting angry and dismissing the film as "shit" or "lazy" is such a childish way to react. There are much better ways to critique it.

Dont see shit captain

It's called The Witch, not VV that's memes

Watch the scenes because these images don't do it justice. You can see movement with the guy behind the tree. They clearly edited it in post-production to make it as hidden as possible, just looks weird, almost like a ghost or something

Fuck me that is spoopy. What video is the 2nd shot from?

Makes me wonder if there is shit hidden all over the place

This movie was so disappointing. I usually try to find a silver lining to films and interpret it myself to give them meaning, but all I got out of this was just unsatisfaction.

From what I see in the thread, it seems like some people believe that's the point, but I still believe that doesn't make the movie good. If the director wanted to make a bad movie, he succeeded.

I just didn't get anything thematically from the film, and it's not as if the plot itself moved in an interesting direction, nor did characters really change or have an arc. IMO I think it's telling how my reaction to the beginning of the movie when they killed grandpa as "well that sucks I guess", which is the same as how I felt when we discover the rest of the family is going to die too. The futility of the situation just wasn't executed well enough for me to have a notable reaction other than feeling bad that people died.

2nd is from when they're driving to get Will's family. It's just a trick of the light.

The first is, I'm guessing, someone standing out there to give the dog something to bark at as animals tend to be method actors.

The point of the movie was to show what terrible things desperate people would do

You obviously see someones arm moving next to that tree. Now considering how shitty the movie was it could just be a mistake. When the dog is barking he is looking down in the distance past the tree. When the dog runs he goes all the way down past the tree. The entire time the two people are looking in that direction so nothing moved from that position... It's either meant to be there for "SPOOKY" reasons which is stupid as hell or a total mistake.

Holy shit take 2 hours of my life & $15 plz

This movie accomplishes everything that no other apocalypse movie has done. Everything that Walking Dead is supposed to be. It's a psychological thriller in that you aren't supposed to be afraid of the zombies or whatever. Your fear in a world like this, is other people. We live in a society based around a gigantic interwoven network of people working in sequence in order to survive. In a world like this, people go back to their primal instincts. Every tribe for themselves, and in the case of the main character, every family for themselves. The ending leaves the main characters in the horrific predicament of having a sick child and knowing what they have to do in order to survive, assuming they didn't get sick themselves. It's ambiguous and forces you to realize how much people depend on their relationships with other people and how that becomes a weakness in a real survival situation. I thought it was very entertaining and that most of you just went in thinking, "HURR ZOMBIEZ" and got something else. Trailers market movies to appeal to the masses, therefore you got tricked into seeing this, and regret it because it didn't meet your expectations. That's why you have to forget everything you saw in the trailers and enjoy the artwork for what is actually is. I'm not saying it's the best film ever made, but it is a well-made psychological thriller and I thought the pacing and acting was solid. I'd rate it a 7.8/10

Eh I don't really believe that, and if it was the purpose of the film, than it did a bad job of showing it.
I don't think any of the characters act in a way that was too unreasonable given their circumstances.
The most mean spirited actions in the movie were the randoms who tried to kill them on the road, and you can assume that they really needed the supplies.

Yeah, no. I don't really think the "it shows the true nature of people" or "it shows how far we are willing to go to protect our families" thing really stands. It's not like family with the sick kid was trying to completely screw over the other family. It was more of a sudden series of unfortunate events that escalated the danger of the situation, rather than a commentary on tribalism or even a decent thriller movie.

>The first is, I'm guessing, someone standing out there to give the dog something to bark at as animals tend to be method actors.

I love people espousing this theory as if a modern day film scene could make it through filming, editing, and post production and not only did the film crew, editors and directors forget about the dog trainer who they purposely placed in their scene, but also not catch him while meticulously editing the scenes together and fail to edit him out. It's just a fucking dunce theory to come up with, definitely one of the dumbest things I've heard on this board

you forgot c) falsely advertising it as something it's not to draw in more shekels while making brainless millennials feel sophisticated