Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J4ossube1m4
youtu.be/I73sONFoRIk
youtube.com/watch?v=1mup0bkYssI
youtube.com/watch?v=iLFwTqdsuxw&list=PLyDzU3p8FP24syYfTXpGqTDHsQhlxwllS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bobe

HA HA HA

Reminder to purchase YOUR (yes your!) copy of TWIN PEAKS: THE FINAL DOSSIER. Available in all book stores, Amazon and Showtime online, October 31, 2017.

Sure willl, Mark.

>implying I'm going to buy that shitty loredump that is irrelevant to the show

posting in the last /tpg/

BUY

MY

BOOK

What am I going to do with my Sheryl and Kyle folders?

Memories

What was the meaning of Carrie Page saying "I didn't know better when I was younger" while sleeping in Cooper's car? Was that her subconsciously dreaming of Laura?

my kyle folder contains 84 files. /tpg/ can't die on me... i need it.

:(

>Watch for that one. The one I told you about.

Which one was the Log Lady talking about? Did she BTFO Chad with her dying breaths?

That's cute but you should make a unique thread for that, /tpg/ is just waifu pollution and reddity memes.

How the fuck does he look so good pushing 60

/tpg/ won't die until we all die

>Those lovely ladies would be Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee or Audrey and Laura from Twin Peaks or the women who collectively changed my life when I was eleven and my mom decided that yeah it would be cool to let me watch her favorite show with her. They are also incredibly sweet and both complimented me on my flower crown. When I told Sheryl Lee about writing for Rookie and the next gen of teen girls inspired by Twin Peaks, she got so genuinely excited it made my day.

wow maybe it's not a meme and Sheryl really is a wonderful, amazing, CUTE, sweet, talented, inspiring, kind and lovely woman with a soothing voice, angelic smile and heart of gold after all.

>ywn own a qt pet Dougie

WHHYYYYYY LIIIIIIIVEEEE?

>ywn be a qt pet Dougie

True
Amazing

This scene was terrible. Prove me wrong.

>wrong

Friendly reminder that its been confirmed that "The Return" has been renamed "season 3" in order to proceed with a season 4 and won't confuse people. It confirms that Season 4 is already in pre-production. (Pic is season 3)

Misleading and even wrong copypasta. He just said it could happen, that's all, but that would take some time again.

Haven't been here since the finale. What have I missed?

damn sheryl looks like THAT now?

Nothing really

L U N C H E D
U
N
C
H
E
D

youtube.com/watch?v=J4ossube1m4

>Mike said that because Coop & Mr. C were in the real world, one of them had to die
>Mr.C doesn't actually die when he gets sent back to the red room, he's just unconscious because the Woodsmen repaired him like the first time
>Mike gave both Ray & Cooper the ring, meaning he knew that Mr. C couldn't die in the real world because of the Woodsmen
>Mike had to destroy him in the red room, hence why he was on fire

My question is, is Cooper's doppelganger being destroyed related to why his personality changes? He no longer has an opposite. What repercussions are there for no longer having a doppelganger? Does that badness go into you? Does your personality change because you have to be both good and bad to not have a doppelganger?

Some of it is makeup, you know. But also he's ripped.

Coop went to a different world where the equivalent of him, Richard, was a hardass FBI agent. Either that or he got tunnel vision for his goal and made a beeline for it

even before that, Coop felt different the moment he left the red room, as soon as he met Diane outside. The Richard transition took place at the power lines.

Maybe altering the past changed his present/future self

the true pleb filter of the original show.

Reminder that Laurafags, lodgelorefags, Audreyfags, Cooperfags will never understand.

She's whispering in his ear

"Stop saving images as .png"

The superimposed face saved it, though. I wish the fight itself wasn't so awful, should have been over much quicker.

>the last /tpg/

Fuck you. There's nothing wrong with Laura waifufags. The Audrey and Donna ones can go back to Plebbit though.

Seriously now when was the last time someone saw jumping man poster?

HELLO FRENLO

Probably around the time Part 11 had aired. Maybe even before that.

The original vedderposter's father died as well, don't think he ever came back.

Missoula poster showed up the weekend before the finale.

>he knows this because he literally samefags every other /tpg/ post

youtu.be/I73sONFoRIk

Great video on the two part finale, have to watch Chapter 19 as well for the black lodge section of the episode.

I always gets chills when the sycamore trees instrumental
plays as the arm dances his way to the chair. Imagine seeing this on television in 1991.

- Why does Sara Palmer eat some dude's throat? And why does she go apeshit and wreck Laura's photo? And why isn't she there at the end? Or rather, how come Laura hears her voice?

- Is Audrey in a coma or something?

- What was the "narrative significance" of the part where that dude kills Tim Roth & Jennifer Jason Leigh? I mean it was a very cool sequence, but does it have any, like, meaning?

- How come those homeless dudes kept resurrecting Bad-Cooper? I get that they are servants of that evil monster, but why did they help him?

oh and whats the deal with that fucking kid thats puking in the car?

Oh, and how come Cooper is acting kindasorta asshole-ish in the last episode? Especially in that diner. I mean he's not being EVIL; but he does point the gun at everyone, and is kinda mean and intimidating, especially to the waitress, and possibly sets off some bullets. Whats up with that?

why did the monkey say judy

The pocket dimension is a dream. Think of it as the matrix.

thats where the very last episode occurs? after they drive through a fucking whatever in the middle of the desert? doesnt really explain why Cooper is being assholeish, though

not a perfect answer, and i think Lynch probably hates the concept of 'explanations' but the scene where the hitmen are randomly killed by the accountant is probably a dig at Quentin Tarantino films, which he hates due to strait forward B movie plots and characters 'explaining' stuff to each other like an essay (tipping, Madonna, burger king, etc.) as if it were postmodern or deconstructive.

>is audrey in a coma?
she was sent to some part of the lodge, probably because cooper electrocuted himself. The black/white lodge thing is too dualist for Lynch so it got far more complicated than that and worked with Frost to develop a weird cosmology but all of it is really in the books, and hopefully the new book.

>Why does sara palmer eat some dude's throat?

She's like Laura (they both take off their faces) and I thought she was supposed to be the girl who gets the frog/wasp in her throat. She's reacting to the upcoming destruction of the timeline by coop which ironically bad coop is trying to prevent. She releases her inner forces to survive but all that's left is her voice. The fireman/giant created Laura's soul as a means of stopping Ju-dai but this seems to be misguided and purposeless. Sara carried the soul but resisted it enough and bob has been trying to get to the Palmer family through Leland. In the original, Sarah always acts as if all the horror and lunacy was inevitable, she also has powers and can see bob sometimes.

>homeless dudes kept resurrecting bad coop?

From what I can tell the lodge is not good/bad but a dream structure underneath possible reality. Ju-dai and maybe the Fireman are the higher 'demons' but it seems like their motivations or means of gathering "garmonbozia" are different. Mike switches sides but he still wants the 'corn' he is owed, implying there are different means of gathering it up. The fireman's means seems to be Laura Palmer's soul and Ju-dai's seems to be bob. the Hobos are lodge spirits that serve Ju-dai.

>- Why does Sara Palmer eat some dude's throat? And why does she go apeshit and wreck Laura's photo? And why isn't she there at the end? Or rather, how come Laura hears her voice?
1 because he was gonna rape her
2 because in that timeline laura goes missing and shes still wound up batshit insane
or
because sara is judy and shes senses coop saving laura so she somehow metaphysically kills laura (after stabbing the photo laura disappears in the past screaming)
3 who knows, it could all be different after crossing over :^)
>- Is Audrey in a coma or something?
audrey could be dead or insane or that or has just grown up to be a hysterical woman its a good scene
>- What was the "narrative significance" of the part where that dude kills Tim Roth & Jennifer Jason Leigh? I mean it was a very cool sequence, but does it have any, like, meaning?
no those characters just get lit up by a dude who wanted them out of his way its a good scene
>- How come those homeless dudes kept resurrecting Bad-Cooper? I get that they are servants of that evil monster, but why did they help him?
theyre evil, doppelcoop is evil
there is no deal its a good scene
everything could be different after crossing over and/or he has integrated his shadow self (doppelcoop) now

also

to be fair he isnt pointing his gun AT everyone he just doesnt care to point it away
he warned the cook to get away from the bullets, he was ruining those cunts guns

The dream is extremely dangerous. Coop is being cautious.

why is it so important coop and diane kiss before crossing?
why does coops hotel and shit change after sleeping?
why are coop and diane suddenly "richard" and "linda"?
why is laura not laura?
why does cooper doubt what year it is?
why is the double r missing a sign?

It's literally just a sick kid but portrayed in an odd Lynchian style.

I never understood the whole Josie plotline tbqh
It's more cryptic than the lodge shit

Maybe they burned the doppelganger by choice?

brainlets can't handle this.

>why is it so important coop and diane kiss before crossing?
they're the bait for Judy. Diane was raped by dopplecoop, so any romantic engagement with coop is gonna produce a lot of that tasty fear n' suffering for Judy to feed on. Although maybe the fact they do it before is because they really do love each other, but know that things will almost definitely change when they cross over.

>why does coops hotel and shit change after sleeping?
because the rape ritual is completed– Coop now has full access to the new reality and can find carrie page

>why is laura not laura?
different timeline

>why does cooper doubt what year it is?
His identities of Richard and Cooper are bleeding together. you'd probably lose your sense of time too if you'd been through everything he had. Bear in mind Jeffries also lost his sense of time.

>why is the double r missing a sign?
different timeline

Thomas...

Is there a source on Lynch disliking Tarantino?

I thought Kill Bill was alright but I'm not a huge fan either.

>you will never eat her asshole

Why even live? ;_;

>he was gonna rape her

Nice jumping to conclusions there, redditlibcuck

youtube.com/watch?v=1mup0bkYssI

>You will never eat Laura's muffin

ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE EDGE

How's this for a hot button question:

Are you triggered?

>- What was the "narrative significance" of the part where that dude kills Tim Roth & Jennifer Jason Leigh? I mean it was a very cool sequence, but does it have any, like, meaning?

David Lynch has always had a beeline for suburban life and how on the surface, everyone is normal and fairly happy but underneath there can be rage, stress and secrets that nobody knows about. Blue Velvet is one of the biggest examples of his interest in that concept, particularly the opening where the grass is nice and green but then the camera pans to underneath where it's just dirt and insects.

The point is also further made during the Mitchum brothers exchange.

>"what the fuck is wrong with people in this neighborhood?"
>"people are under a lot of stress, Bradley"

>Sheryl really is a wonderful, amazing, CUTE, sweet, talented, inspiring, kind and lovely woman with a soothing voice, angelic smile and heart of gold after all.
Is Fenn all those things, too?

those were rhetorical questions to answer somebody

>you will never live the comfy Snoqualmie life

"ill fuckin pull your little lesbo titties off"
what did he mean by this

>bernie niles
you just know mike frost the giant HACK forced him to be named bernie

Empty threat from a drunk angry redneck, still not even close to rape libcuck

youtube.com/watch?v=iLFwTqdsuxw&list=PLyDzU3p8FP24syYfTXpGqTDHsQhlxwllS

don't know, i doubt he hates him, just taking the piss, but i'm not clear on that story, heard it from someone else. Pete Peppers?

Why they didn't use that cover for the american version?

what ended up happening with bobby's daughter?

yeah, rip

it was just hearsay i picked up. maybe? i should google it i guess.

only idea for the weird scene i heard so far.

Thinking of starting a full series rewatch today.

Should I do it?

yesnogenerator.com

Cooper's "evil doppelgänger" is not a doppelgänger at all. He is the REAL Cooper. He is also the dreamer. The entire series is real events filtered through the subjective and warped perspective of his delusional mind.

Everything that happens in the sheriff's office after he was shot was simply him dreaming while he was lying on the floor dying. Episode 18 is probably him dreaming too. Carrie screaming is not Laura waking up or suddenly remembering her repressed memories. It's Cooper's mind screaming as he finally sees through his delusions and realizes he's guilty of all those terrible things, and dying.

Evil Cooper doesn't have supernatural powers. He simply has fantasies of being supernaturally powerful and these scenes are warped by his delusion.

The giant, the dwarf, mike, black lodge etc. aren't real. They only exist in Cooper's mind. "Bob" is his mind creating a dissociative persona to justify his evil deeds. Leland was simply a wicked man who raped and murdered his own daughter. "Bob" doesn't exist.

Seasons 1-2 are Cooper's memories of the past, partially real, but also warped through his perspective. He sees his past self as some kind of an idealized paragon of good the way we all tend to idealize ourselves. "Richard" from episode 18 is what he's like in reality.

My take on it
Cooper is pure good during s3 (even when he's not retarded anymore he's in full coffee and pie mode and always smiling and being optimistic)
After the doppelganger dies he becomes whole again which is why he becomes quieter and more focused
Then after he enters the Carrie Paige world he's turning into a different person altogether

You think you've gotten under my skin, ernie niles, but you haven't. Because I believe in the good things: truth, beauty...and love.

>but all of it is really in the books, and hopefully the new book.
mark, FUCK OFF
nobody is gonna read your shitty and non-canonical book

There's no source for Lynch disliking Tarantino, it's the other way around.

Tarantino like the OG series but was LYNCHED by fire walk with me and talked a bunch of shit about how Lynch had his head up his own ass

wrong

Harold did nothing wrong

this is correct. watch season 2 finale with the idea that it's actually about cooper giving in to his irrational side ("BOB") and killing windom earle to prevent annie from becoming another caroline. he then spends the next 25 years as a deranged drifter/criminal

I will cherish them

Donna killed this poor young man. She will suffer for this.

>episode 18 is probably him dreaming too
>"Richard" from episode 18 is what he's like in reality
This theory is total WANK and you know it.

I've also been speculating that Cooper might have killed Laura and framed Leland for the crime. My memories of the old series are a bit shaky though, I'm not sure if he could have killed Maddy too. I'm just in the process of rewatching S1/2. But all of that psychic detective shit he's doing could be just him cooking up misleading nonsense to support his narrative. As an FBI agent he's in a position to do so.

The part with him "going back in time to save Laura" could actually be a flashback to what actually happened that night, up until the point where he would have raped her. Going home my ass.

He's a corrupt, sociopathic FBI agent abusing his position to rape innocent girls in backwater towns where the cops are too incompetent to catch up to him.

The Twin Peaks community was turned insane by the finale, just think about the fact that the most accepted theory worldwide is that Cooper travels to the real world in ep18, even though they go out of their way to namedrop the Tremonds and Chalfonts, show the RR diner and drop symbology about Judy and the pale horse, all stuff that doesen't exist in the real world at all

>I've also been speculating that Cooper might have killed Laura and framed Leland for the crime.
holy SHIT this is worse than reddit-tier, this is shitty episode of the twilight zone tier, what the FUCK how are you this dumb

>But all of that psychic detective shit he's doing could be just him cooking up misleading nonsense to support his narrative

Also of course he can come up with clues in his "dreams". He knows every detail of what happened. And the bumbling goofballs in the sheriff's office eat it all up. Ha ha.

no he didn't kill laura. he was attracted to the case because it reflected his own struggle with his dual nature (heroic, good natured fbi agent vs. lustful adulterer, betrayer of friendships, ruiner of lives (windom earle)). angelic annie and deranged yet brilliant windom earle are other manifestations of this duality