Tomb Raider Trailer

So...too early to call it a flop?

youtube.com/watch?v=8ndhidEmUbI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3gcGxLwC29I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is even the point anymore

Everything Sup Forums calls a flop ends up being not that

every stunt and set piece looks like a ps3 video game, so they got that part of the aesthetics right

Why is such little effort put into posters these days? I understand that the advertising isn't as important, but the official poster looks like a middle schooler made it.

I don't care if it flops or not, but it still looks horrendous.

>every single sound effect is intense and booming
what the fuck is this terrible trend?

Ironically it looks just like a videogame

also I'm 99% sure that the scene where she gets her characteristic guns is pretty much the last scene in the movie

>movie looks more like a video game than the actual video game

yeah it's exactly the same as the 2013 game
that scene could just be something for the trailer as well.

no one wants this shit

>Mcnutty
>Walton Goggins

If they weren't in this movie I would call it a piece of shit from day one. Now we will just have to see.

2 glaring differences between the 2013 game (which they are obviously adapting) and this.

Game Lara had no fucking clue what she was getting into, she was just trying to survive. This Lara has a clear goal in mind (finish her father's work and stop Boyd Crowder from ending the world), and has clearly spent months in the gym preparing for this.

The second glaring difference is that even though Reboot Lara had smaller tits, they weren't fucking A-cups

>Ayo, what if we made an Indiana Jones movie but with a hot british chick
>but we didn't make her hot
>and we make everything look boring
HOLY SHIT FUCKING FUND IT
A BILLION DOLLARS CONFIRMED

SQUARE JUST MAKE THE FUCKING DEUS EX MOVIE
OR THE JUST CAUSE ONE
ANYTHING BUT THIS

Looks absolutely horrible
Plot looks boring as hell, actors are bland and the visuals are awful

This is actually going to make me miss the Angelina Jolie movies

>DEUS EX MOVIE
stop

Judging by the trailer the poster pretty much reflects the state of the film. Minimal effort went into it and they just want to cash in on the name alone.

I read that the graphic design for movie posters are done by kids who haven't even graduated yet, even in some cases still in high school that got the opportunities to do free work for their portfolios.

Movie posters used to be legitimate art, now studios don't pay any money for them anymore. Literally 0 money.

Padded bra and yet she almost has no tits, Lara Croft my ass...

(OP)
It looks... thoroughly mediocre. If this is an origin story having her start off badass just feels like wasted potential.
And it looks like it's going to be another Assassin's Creed-esque movie.

The country swap from Japan to China (and HK) I don't really mind, HK has/had a lot more 'character' than Japan in the time period they seem to be setting this in with junks still floating around. But the first game relied heavily on the lore and world flavour of Imperial Japan, and frankly speaking Imperial China is much less iconic (and thus interesting). I'm hoping they would incorporate semi-factual history into the movie but it looks too mindless action for that. And the number one audience seems to be China who is not down with their history being used in such a fashion. I wonder if it's still going to involve supernatural samurai.

Maybe it's just the trailer but I feel like they should have really taken the time to build Lara up over the course of the movie and emphasize the dramatic shift in her personality and character as she becomes badass, like in the reboot series.

Yea and the clear goal is so cliché, literally HAVE TO SAVE THE WORLD. The problem is they over dramatize everything. No one has any idea what's in the tomb yet, only that it holds something old and powerful.

haha look at him go

She's not dirty enough.
That fivehead is a disaster and detrimental to jungle stealth.
She doesn't sound like she's constantly on the verge of pissing herself.
She just looks like a really tan white girl inconvenienced by the lack of amenities in a third world hotel.

it'll be terrible but who knows about box office. What's its budget?

I'm going to wager sony is upset this got made before an Uncharted, but going to console them and say, this looks like complete trash.

Why isn't someone like this Tomb Raider instead?

I don't know much about the new game, but from what I've been told, she suffers a lot, bleeding, all bruised up, on the verge of dying all the time. More of a tough survival story than a classic Indy type of adventure. But sadly the trailer suggests she was given the stronk womyn card. She will overcome every obstacle because muh vagina, breaking olympic long jump records easily and beating guys twice her size. Just another plot-shielded action heroine indistinguishable from all the others.

no acting ability

Suppose that is true but equally Vikander is a poor choice but that's not stopping Hollyjew

What does Enji's pussy smell like after a week of romping around on a sweltering tropical island?

are they gunna fuck?

youtu.be/3gcGxLwC29I

>My daughter Lara, promise me you will stop the international terrorist group named Trinity!
wtf

Is this group white without a sniff of sandnigger ?

Hot damn look at her trap muscle

disgusting
first that gutter whore gal gadot as WW and now this

laziest trailer music I've ever heard, who let the dogs out would have been miles better than this timpani-ridden two notes rubbish

>if you're watching this, it means I'm dead

>acting ability
as if nu-hollywood cares about that.

What does Sup Forums thinks about the new games?

This sounds like something Sup Forums would come up with as joke

>the fate of humanity is in your hands

>leave these hallowed grounds, Tomb Raiderâ„¢

>You remind me so much of your father

One thing that the movie doesn't seem to have that the game did is the undead Samurai. Part of me thinks that they've just dropped that plotline from this adaptation, but part of me also thinks that they are going to just steal the reveal from Uncharted, ie have them find this tomb, the bad guy succeeds in unleashing whatever is in it, and have them be a complete surprise.

then again, Hollywood likes to ruin such twists in trailers now (John Connor terminator in Genesis, Harry still being alive in the new Kingsmen), so who knows how it'll end up

Holy shit I thought the trailer was gonna go HOOOO BLACK BETTY and turn into a cringey music video like all trailers these days.

>mfw I've heard she's gonna get breast implants in the final scene

Who's this guy? He looks familiar.

FBI detective in the heavy rain video game

I hate trailers, they're all the same.

>world is in danger from evil shadow organization
>leave only a videotape for your daughter behind so she can solve it by herself

So the plot is identical to the first game?

Wow they just ripped off the 2013 videogame. But the girl in vidya was prettier and the plot seemed to make more sense. And no marvel left funny quips. I'll better play the game again.

>ayy lmao

This is actually 1:1 with the latest Tomb Raider video games.
Not necessarily a good thing but it could've been worse.

she is fugly. why? the only point of the TR movies is becuse nerds want to see some hot girl dressed as lara. who will watch this shit?

no we dont know if she knew or not there was no background to it and still doesnt which was always odd to me tho although i enjoyed the games it seems like they wanted to give an origin story but after the mid game they decide fuck it lets go the italian way

looks FUN!

and thats a thing these days, all movies are too serious and boring

i like me some treasure hunting films

You need to be 18+ in order to browse this website.

you need to have a iq above 2 to even reply to anything

watching first half of trailer
>this is pretty cool, better than expected, looks fun
second half
>this looks awful

it's like two trailer made into one. first half shows an conspiracy and adventure movie, the second part a cgi action cringe fest with muh strong female character

looks boring

fag

>muh strong female character
It's Lara Croft, what did you expect. The movie is going to skip the "development" of nu-Lara though. They could have gotten mileage from that.

>reminder Alicia was born a man

Did anyone see the fucking hands on this bitch?? Holy shit those are man hands.

The Mummy (2017) was also suppose to be fun, but look how that turned out.

>It's Lara Croft, what did you expect
idk desu, maybe you're right and pic related is what the series has always been about

The series are about a superhuman with sex appeal. No "muh strong female character" till it was hijacked by the usual suspects who can't do anything on their own so they have to leech from others and demand things to be like they want. Case in point, nu-Lara being a lesbian. Still, the last two games were quite fun and I enjoyed the character.

>anonymous telling you what a series is *really* about
aaay

either way, none of these things are really an excuse for a shitty movie. you can have badly written characters in good movies. i was referring to the trope of the "strong female lead" of a movie having no other qualities than being able defying physics in her cgi generated stunts. whether or not lara has always been about that or not, it makes for a shit movie

I don't disagree with you, that's why I said that they are skipping a part that they could have gotten mileage from: Having some character development and more secondary characters to interact with. The trailer doesn't make the movie any attractive. I'll probably skip it.

is she going to get RICED?

that is one handsome man. too bad he is so old now, he cant capitalize on being a Chinese actor who can speak English in Hollywood.

I'm sure he got the part because he is still respected in China but is able to speak fluent english which will work with asians in the west

Why so much emphasis on "Alicia Vikander is Lara Croft" like they're banking on her star power? Nothing in the trailer showed any charisma in her performance whatsoever, so if she's their selling point, I doubt most people will be buying.

Daniel Wu has his own TV show on AMC, the same channel that the Walking Dead is on. He isnt some unknown actor in Hollywood as he is paying his dues, so he wasnt only cast because he is Chinese.

What do the graduated graphic designers moveconto then?

well the main villain is a priest, so it's only appropriate that the group's called trinity.
because "Fucking White Male Christians" would be too obvious

and I can't wait for the swedish croft to fuck her asian male boytoy

STICC

>Game Lara had no fucking clue what she was getting into, she was just trying to survive

There's the problem. She clearly has a lot of money and goes on a journey to save the world from evil guys (tm) with barely any help. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

bbbbbbbbvvvvvvveeeeeerrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm
DROPPED

cause current year

>hur dur walmart knights templar is liberal propaganda because my knowledge on conspiracy tropes stop at joos
tbqh, the original idea was to go on some random island to find a artifact that would help lara and her family name. the whole killer island and religious jap cult were surprise that got most of the crew killed

>Okay, so we've this neat IP. It's about a tough, strong, female treasure hunter who takes ancient artifacts for sport and usually comes up against people who are seeking these artifacts for more nefarious purposes.
>Sounds great! Let's make a game/movie about a whiny cunt with a bow who occasionally looks at tombs because that's hot right now.

Her head appear huuuuge.

exactly. he is popular in china and also has a name in hollywood so both sides will be pleased. if they had hired some random asian dude there would barely be any starpower

She's not bloody enough for this to be an accurate adaption of the 2013 game.

>too bad he is so old now
lol wut. Men age like wine and Asians tend to age slower so he has at least two decades ahead of him to 'capitalize'.
BD Wong has a decade and a half on him.
Not that it's necessary anymore, the money's in the China market nowadays and Wu has already seized it.

Almost like she's an Oscar winner or something.

plot twist: her father is still alive

i still think this gir looks best

>promise me you'll stop them
>"i promise"

>this body
>lara croft

I don't know why but it reminds me of King Kong skull Island

This is shopped right?

>Female lead is squarehead Oscar winner
>They are on an island
>There is weird stuff in the island

I wonder why