Do the British watch anything other than Dr. Who or Harry Potter?

Do the British watch anything other than Dr. Who or Harry Potter?

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.businessinsider.com/most-popular-shows-on-british-tv-in-2016-2017-1/#2-strictly-come-dancing-bbc1-133-million-viewers-the-final-episode-of-the-ballroom-dancing-competition-scored-its-biggest-audience-since-2011-22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, Blacked.

Anyone over the age of 8 in the UK does not watch Dr. Meme.

Black Mirror, however, is pretty much universally praised here.

Nu-males and tumblrinas still watch Who into their 20s and 30s. It only passes for entertainment among physical and mental children

Talent shows and US imports mostly. Oh and there's this show about an Irish transvestite that usually does pretty well.
>uk.businessinsider.com/most-popular-shows-on-british-tv-in-2016-2017-1/#2-strictly-come-dancing-bbc1-133-million-viewers-the-final-episode-of-the-ballroom-dancing-competition-scored-its-biggest-audience-since-2011-22

Why, though? I Know this obese, autistic "pansexual" feminist chick who swears by it and for the life of me can't see how it's entertainment

Anything with Idris Elba in it.
I unironically like Luther

>A man who wanters space
>Has a screwdriver *UNLOCKS* every door
>Takes a FEMALE companion with him everywhere
>Man always saves female
It's like a shitty novel for horny old women brought to life and they to get to make lots of OTPs and fanfiction from this scenario and fantasize about "travel" which tumblr also has an obsession about from those john green books. Plus they then get to say they watch "sci-fi" and act all cool and go to comic-cons dressed as sluts

Also "last of his species" with a female companion implies the female will take his rare babies which they love

Be fair OP, we watch Coronation Street and Eastenders too.

You see the beast behind the girl in this picture? That's similar to how this girl looks; pigfaced and everything. Still tries to tote her tits out like it's any redeeming factor

>That's similar to how this girl looks
>this
what??

this meme has gone too far

As in the one I mentioned in prior posts. Had a picture of the actual girl but had to delete it because it gave me nightmares

>Anyone over the age of 8 in the UK does not watch Dr. Meme.
>Nu-males and tumblrinas still watch Who into their 20s and 30s.
The said in the UK, not burgers.

My TV habits are the last half hour of the Chase every weekday and that's it. Too much good international TV to bother with anything else.

I do watch British movies, not fucking Harry Potter though

Why does it appeal to burgers? theres a fucking general on this board it's disgusting tumblr trash

>live in the uk
>haven't owned a tv in 7 years
>watched it when visiting family last Christmas
>Do not understand what half the characters are saying
>every show is super diverse and the adverts look like when you watch tv in another country

I don't know if its the new sound equipment or the language is going to shit, people sound like they are waffling and if someone has a monotone voice I can't even pick out keywords

I kind of understand why Americans wanted subtitles for Dunkirk

I was referring to the UK. The only people who watch it without being children are manchildren

I think you underestimate how many people just because it's on primetime bbc.

Met a teenage girl in holidays last summer, she told me that everyone in the UK watches Doctor Who.
Now, I'm pretty sure she was exaggerating but the thought alone sent a chill up my spine

Who can blame the British for not watching one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Not really. Anyway, got to dash and catch the tube, half blood prince is on the telly at one bong.

Neighbours and an infinite number of old timey murder mysteries.

I was watching it for nostalgia desu, my dad used to love watching it and he raised me on vhs/dvd copies of classic who. Then the reboot was announced which had me hyped as fuck but it's all gone to absolute shite now. Absolutely not worth the time, I've tried several times to jump back in when a new season starts but they always somehow manage to fuck it up even more.

>in b4 autist pasta meme

>old timey murder mysteries
I just got done watching broad church. Love this kind of britishy murder shit. It went over the top in season 2 and 3 though.

I watch it for the same reason I watch Game of Thrones, to shit post

Thank you.

Britbong """"""""""""TV"""""""""""

i hear the brits actually have a dedicated cuckold channel called the BBC.

>Anyone over the age of 8 in the UK does not watch Dr. Meme.
There is literally a Doctor Who general on Sup Forums

>TV
>implying EastEnders is not kino

Lots don't watch dr who faget. Lord of the rings and harry potter are all that will ever be needed they are the goat.

no it is not, go away

Maybe five or six year ago, but certainly not now

Quacks was pretty good recently

t. Coronation Street pleb

I watch Have I Got News For You when it's on.