Whoever wrote this hasn't seen any Trek other than the recent films

Whoever wrote this hasn't seen any Trek other than the recent films.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/07/over-many-objections-w3c-approves-drm-for-html5/
streamable.com/fthw7
youtube.com/watch?v=zUbPZ0d0d2U
duckduckgo.com/html?q=libreboot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who fucking cares

What about the first Jew lead? RACIST!

Fitting, since even the cast are saying Discovery isn't for the long time fans.

Based Neistat poster

Netflix's?

/thread

siskoface.jpg

God I hate this timeline.

>“So having me as the first black lead of a Star Trek, just blasts that into a million pieces. I am eternally grateful that the diverse casting of our show means that we are now a part of the conversation and hopefully a part of making the world a better place, as cliché as this sounds. Because I really believe it and think its vital for us all right now."
That's from the actresses own mouth.

Woman who leads Star Trek series has never seen Star Trek, fuck me

i thought shatner was jewish

I wonder what Avery Brooks thinks about all this bullshit.

>first black lead of Star Trek

>not part of the conversation unless you push diversity of skin color
>first black lead
She isn't, not even the first female lead. I don't get any of this.

The record has already been corrected, mods feel free to delete this unnecessary thread from alt-right Sup Forums babies

They changed it, or OP is a MS paint master. Is this headline true? Wasn't Whoopi Goldberg a lead?

SIsko was part alien, he doesn't count.
It's like saying that Worf was a black character

>Sup Forums
>alt right
>babies

You've hit three out of three buzzwords user!

Tell him what he's won!!

They did change it, but nothing goes away on the Internet no matter how much journalists like to pretend

>Not that she views her casting as a triumph for women alone. “I think it sends a message to any minority group that’s been disenfranchised. We all benefit when we can see a picture of ourselves in a position of leadership and I think that goes not just for women and people in minority groups - but for everyone to see that this is possible. I think that it will help people see the beauty of women in power and also the beauty of minorities in power, and to incite change.”
This level of ego is incredible.

Wow great. One of the lead characters in the new Star Trek doesn't know a single fucking thing about Star Trek.

>SIsko was part alien
Not before season 7.

She's the first african american female lead. I'm fucking certain the "journalist" made the decision to twist her words and half-edit the interview for clickbait.

>archive.is
Nice hate site, post some Wikileaks next?

>Woman who leads Star Trek series has never seen Star Trek, fuck me

Eh. Actors don't have to be fans, nerd.
Not that she's smart though.

Don't you get it? You must always look forward! Never look back! History has nothing to teach us...even if that history is only a couple decades old and would make us look REALLY silly if we looked at it....don't look at it!

>thinking in a linear way

Am I supposed to be impressed a show stars a black lady? I thought this was the current year, not the 1950s when that would actually have meant something.

dude, whats up with his face? why does he look like a damn goblin?

>the sky is the limit
>the show is set above the sky

HMMMMM

probably swirly colours

> (You)
>dude, whats up with his face? why does he look like a damn goblin?

Bro it's called being Jewish!

It's unprofessional. I can't take an actor or actress seriously that doesn't familiarize themselves with the material.

Maybe journos should take their fucking time and get shit right before they go to print

Anyone have that tweet where someone asks one of the writers of the new series why the equipment looks so much more advanced on the Discovery than it did on the Enterprise and the writer just takes a huge sarcastic shit on the guy?

> “A lot of Brian’s female leads have male names. So I am named after my biological father and I love that because I think it really speaks to the gender fluidity. It’s a subtle yet powerful nod to that.”
Star trek everyone

Reddit and its admins are like 99% shills at this point, I have no idea why anyone goes there

Avery Brooks confimred white. Always knew he was too upstanding and not ghetto enough for the eternal infighting of blackness.

vice are out of touch upperclass kids

This type of garbage happened with Twin Peaks The Return. All of the dipshit social justice warriors would use the popularity of the show to piggy back their retarded politics. They said some seriously stupid shit. Articles complaining about how David Lynch didn't cast a trans actor to play Denise, for example.

This just shows you how desperate, how sad, how obsessed, these people are. These are the people who bitch and moan for "progressiveness" in comic books without ever having opened one, and continue to not read them after writers cave to the loud minority.

>thinking they can disable screencaps.
>thinking they can stop people just downloading the whole site

Acting isn't just about reading lines off a script, it's internalising and understanding a role by doing proper research

Patrick Stewart watched hours of amnesty international torture videos to understand the psychology of torture before he shot ONE (1) episode of TNG. It's called being a fucking professional.

>waybackmachine.org
>right-wing

Translation: We got tired of people sharing archived links containing our retarded bullshit, because if we tried to pull a fast one and edit something without including a note, people would know.

But did he watch TOS?

>thinking they can disable screencaps
Thanks to the hardware-level DRM in Kaby Lake and Ryzen, along with the new W3C DRM regulations, it will soon be impossible to take a screencap of a DRM-enabled website on a modern computer.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/07/over-many-objections-w3c-approves-drm-for-html5/

It already has rolled out in some places - pressing prnt scrn while viewing Netflix 4K only gives you a black image

I've been having this exact same reaction to almost everything political in the media. Like, I just don't fucking care anymore, I just want a good fucking story

Translation: we are losing ad money

It is bullshit but this thread right here shows the exact type of thing they are trying to combat.
>article title says "Black Lead"
>article itself says "black female lead" and that is what they are discussing
It was clearly a typo or a mistake yet the only thing that gets reposted is the erroneous title and then the rest of the thread is just "SJW's at it again! I guess Sisko doesn't count!"
You're all just assblasted over a claim the article never actually made. This is the type of shit you do here constantly.

thats because it won't take off

t.leftist shill

Yes, and he also had the benefit of actually working with Roddenberry

Meh, someone will make some kind of cheap program to copy screens. It's a fight they can't win and only wastes tons of money.

Who was Sisko then?

t. never watched tos

I'll take a photo of the screen with my phone and then post the pic. shitposting always finds a way.

lel

Their response to that will be to put image recognition hardware DRM in the phone camera to stop it from taking the picture

I'm sorry, what was that you said?

Bet linux users are feeling smug right now

No, but you'd probably wanna brush up on some of the history of the franchise before going around saying stupid shit like she did. All she did was just reinforce that she's just some Hollywood leftist that doesn't look too much into things as long as it fits their world view like the idiots on the far right.

uhura isn't a lead

Netflix is doing the distribution overseas, CBS's proprietary streaming service carries in the states.

good thing I have loads of old computers lying around from work then, I'll be able to screenshot shit till the day I die.

Oh fuck you. Of course she was. You had the Spock/Mccoy/Kirk triad, and then you had Uhura. This pretentious little snot that will "star" in this next show will quickly be forgotten.

The DRM applies in Linux as well, because the sites are designed to only be accessed through certain browsers like Chrome and Firefox

And also isn't it fucking amazing how the Firefox CEO was fired for donating to an anti gay-marriage campaign years ago and just a week after he left Firefox decided to abandon its principles of openness and transparency in favor of convenience and integration?

I still have a digital camera from 2003 or something, i'll use that if i have to man

yes she was

>A leading actor, leading actress, star, or simply lead, plays the role of the protagonist of a film or play. The word lead may also refer to the largest role in the piece and leading actor may refer to a person who typically plays such parts or an actor with a respected body of work.

Especially because they MADE her a lead in the Jar Jar Trek abortions.

I fucking HATE this timeline.

>it's real
how do I become a trolling scholar?

I get the feeling you never watched TOS. Scotty, Chekov and Sulu were more important and had a lot more screentime than her, and they weren't leads either. They even got whole episodes that put them in the center, while Uhura didn't.

what about the snippet tool?

>all this hype for black people in leading roles
>no one trying to make other ethnicities leading roles

what a great day for "DIVERSITY"

You guys are marginal cases though, what's important to these people is they're making their final step to put 99% of the Internet on permanent lockdown.

The frontier era is ending and it's transitioning into another hierarchical service like television or radio.

Ironically the Netflix distributors actually seem to comprehend Trek

Watch this trailer and tell me whoever made it doesn't have one hundred times more understanding and appreciation for what trek is than everyone involved in actually producing the series:

streamable.com/fthw7

This whole thing should've been a netflix venture from day one.

holy shit it's like they understand what star trek is actually about. it's not just LENS FLARES SHIPS EXPLODING PUNCHING ALIENS HORRIFIC ONE LINERS like the US trailers

They can't stop direct video capture, it's impossible. Pirates will just use linux instead of wangblows/apple who have to integrate every piece of software with every other piece of software so facebook knows what you're typing into your word document. Fuck that.

Its locked down in firmware

>every single thing run into the ground by diversity casting and progressive morality tale writing
>white kids stop consuming the rightthink media

Congratulations Jews, you played yourselves.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that that trailer was kino

It's remarkable when you contrast that with everything that CBS put out

Shills/retards on /r/startrek are trying to claim that "you can't judge a series by its promotion/trailer" and while I think that has some validity (go watch old DS9 tv trailers from the 90s), but when it's seemingly the only focus and the distribution and production arms are both of the same company it's hard to argue that this isn't the route they want to go down.

We'll have to wait and see, but I'm not getting my hopes up. CBS have recently put out a promotional video with an emphasis on the set design, and it looks S7 GOT-tier expensive and flashy. Contrast with the dull but otherwise utilitarian TNG sets youtube.com/watch?v=zUbPZ0d0d2U

Why would they even seek money or approval from a dying race? They don't care because they're looking for the new consumers of the 2050s

duckduckgo.com/html?q=libreboot

*clears throat*
*sips tea*

>Patrick Stewart watched hours of amnesty international torture videos to understand the psychology of torture before he shot ONE (1) episode of TNG
He hated the show that much, huh?

>libreboot
Only supported in a handful of computers made prior to 2010, the dev specifically states that it became impossible by the time Sandy Bridge came out because the DRM is now "load bearing" - the CPU literally requires it to physically function

Whites are still the majority of media consumers. Consuela and Shaneiqua don't care what's playing on TV, as long as it frowns out the screeching of their children. Meanwhile Pablo and Tyroneare loading their Uzis and getting ready to work them corners.

but the original series was all about humans who had become very multicultural and the threats they face are alien races, not other human races

>finally we will have good role models!!

>forget the rich lawyer Phillip Banks in Fresh Prince
>forget the rich doctor in the Cosby show
>forget the guy trying to make a living Martin
>forget all those ladies in living single
>forget good cop Carl Winslow in family matters

>become very multicultural
Earth isn't multicultural at all in Star Trek. It's white people, black people and asian people who all act like European Union homos.

>all black people acting as white

so you're saying it's multicultural

You can't be multicultural when there's only one culture. It's billions of people who look different and think the same.

>blacks consider everyone who's not a thug to be "acting white"

oh you poor fellow

>A: "It's in the firmware, checkm8"
>B: "nah, here is an example of custom firmware"
>A: "t-that doesn't c-count"

There will ALWAYS be people autistic enough to come up with workarounds, it's an unwinnable arms race.

maybe multicultural was the wrong word, does diversity among races work better for you?

>Whites are still the majority of media consumers
[citation needed]

Shows like Empire and Get Out are being made hugely successful because audiences of color are loyal while white people pirate everything. And then say other races are criminals lmao

How is this going to happen by 2050?

There's barely even two generations between now and then. 7% of white people and 25% of black males going outside their race doesn't equate to an ethnic makeup like this. It would only make sense if the interracial marriage rates for each race were sky-high, but they're not. Fuck, even if there were, some of the people look black/white/Asian/Latin. You're not getting that in one, maybe two, generations.

This isn't the first time I've seen National Geographic do this bullshit either.

>"t-that doesn't c-count"
I've established from the start of the conversation that the effort is being made to lock down modern computers, and this effort is entirely successful. The only alternative you offer is to use obsolete computers that are no longer being produced and are slowly breaking down over time until only a handful will exist in display cases.

Get Out was popular even in South Korea. Just because a movie is related to black people doesn't mean it's exclusively watched by them.

>Get Out was popular even in South Korea
With the millions of white people there?