Umbrella Academy Storytime

You know how we comment and mock the fact that Gerard Way writes comics and how it is ridiculous he writes for Young Animal? Well, why don't we have a storytime of Umbrella Academy, his first dive in the medium?

Alright if I am going to do this, I need a name.

Genuinely curious, is anyone interested in this?

what up user, bought this a few years ago, love the rumor's little symbol

I picked this up a few months ago and enjoyed it a bit more than I actually thought I would. Glad you are enjoying it user.

Hangreeves is certainly the father of the year isn't he?

Now onto the main story guys

One of my favorite openers.

It is an attention grabber isn't it?

It's quirky-ish, but not in a way that ticks me off.

and it helps that i really like Ba's style.

Yeah, it does feel quite strange and weird. You an tell that it is inspired by Morrison and his Doom Patrol.

the colors compliment so well.

AND damn Ba has been showing pages every now and then so that third part's happening.

I love Gerard n-no homo and I love this series but I absolutely hate that Pogo is kill
Have a bump friend

ooohh

Dallas gave me the most feels

Is it? Exce-fucking-llent
Many thanks friend

It's been a while since i read this. They should have made more of it.

This book is for sure an underrated near classic.

Love it to pieces.

Hotel Oblivion NEVER.

>You know how we comment and mock the fact that Gerard Way writes comics and how it is ridiculous he writes for Young Animal?
Do we do that?

Yeah. I am just happy that Way has enough artistic integrity to not turn it into a cash cow though.

Well maybe this can get it a bit more love. And have hope user.

It does happen when someone asks what Young Animal is and a few anons go on about how Gerard Way is a talentless hack holding on to his MCR fame.

I enjoy the shit out of his work though.

He's a pretty typical dickass headmaster archetype, if I recall. Its been forever, maybe there's more to him.

Its a good little series but it definitely has more potential than follow through. I keep thinking "I want to see more of these guys and their adventures and oh no everyone keeps dying oh well."

The difference is that he adopted and raised those kids. He is more of an abusive father than a headmaster.

As I said, I'm just happy with what we got.

But he was working on being in comics anyway until he suddenly started MCR. Not at all a fan of his band, but Gerard seems legit and really cool

It's Sup Forums user. If you are expecting rational and fair people here, then you will be disappointed.

Oh shit, forgot image like an absolute twat.

I'm sure nobody does that.

Goddamn it, one off

I wish I had your faith. But I have seen it.

Way really does get awful sibling dynamics right here. Kraken humiliates their mother, fucks up the funeral, and presumably says something awful over cake and its Spaceboy's fault for hitting him.

Sisters.

Okay, it is official. I am fucking brain dead moron.

God, Hargreeves is such a dick.

Yep. That's the sad part. The family is realistically dysfunctional. In some ways I think that this fits the bill for that gag about what Kids wanted Itchy and Scratchy to be. I think that's ultimately what gives it charm in some ways.

To use that exceptionally memorable line 'No shit'. Reading the backstory of these guys, you can see how the kids got so fucked up in the head.

Where do you even get domino masks that small?

Hangreeves is a demented old bat with a lot of money. That should answer your question

My comment was meant for