Is Hikikomori the future of Western society as well?

japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/09/07/national/japan-home-541000-young-recluses-survey-finds/#.V9Ao8mXDJCI

An estimated 541,000 people aged between 15 and 39 in Japan avoid social contact and shut themselves in their homes, according to a government survey released Wednesday.

The figure compares with the previous Cabinet Office survey in 2010 that found an estimated 696,000 such people — known as hikikomori — across the country. Despite the decline, the latest survey does not give an overall picture of the full extent of the phenomenon as it did not include those aged 40 or older.

But the survey does highlight a trend in which people who have withdrawn from society have done so for longer periods, as those who have shut themselves in their homes for at least seven years accounted for about 35 percent of the total.

It also showed the number of such recluses between the ages of 35 and 39 has doubled, according to the survey.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
youtube.com/watch?v=OSCiMbMVDLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Consider this.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

Now I cant find my costanza meme about leaving on a high note. What the fuck.

Anyways, first post best post.

This is why Japan will fall to China. They're so stuck to their old ways they're not willing to take risks to change. Fuck the japs, without america "onii-chan" they wouldn't last a second against the new China.

I am 26 and NEET.

Ask me anything.

It was, Japan was a canary in the coal mine that should've warned us about the dangers of modernity.

But no, now, I think the west will be overtaken by cultural marxism and/or Islam, preventing the environment in which Hikkis can live from forming.

how does being a neet work in croatia

No, we have a culture which emphasizes social independence and by your mid twenties you're expected to support yourself. In Asian cultures its not uncommon for adults to continue living with their elderly parents and extended family. Thus NEETs and Hikkis are more facilitated in Japanese society than in the US.

When will people realize the Internet is just way more interesting than the real world 99% of the time?

The only time where I'm not happier on my phone or playing video games is when I'm out partying with drugs at a strip club.

Real life is just fucking boring. Work is boring. My girlfriend is boring. Everything is just fucking boring, 1000x more so when you're sober.

The culture warriors on here will get upset but it's the truth whether they want to admit it or not.

U L T R A R A R E

You pretend to be a Student for 10 years.

But you don't even have a bachelors degree.

a wild cherry syrup appear

Beat me to it.
fpbp.

It's not the future.
It's now.

My friends and I already do this to an extent. I left my apartment and my two roommates stayed, one a normie black guy and another one who's more reclusive. I was talking to the black guy and he didn't even know the other guy was there for the long weekend.
I rarely go out, but I'm 20 so I can't go out to drink, so that might be a factor. Or I might just drink at home when I am of age.

no you faggot

>It's now.
I know. It's weird that people either can't see it or shrug it off.

I don't know what this nigger is talking about. Japs are so superior to cheap seedy miser chinks. Chinks are rat poo poo. Japs are better than whites.

Exactly , the katana beats a broadsword anytime man...

It already is.

>men embrace neet lifestyle
>normie women vote for immigrants and get raped and killed

No, the future of western society is being a nigger infested shithole ran by muslims. You don't believe me ? Just take a walk in any major city.

I'd be a neet if I could desu
Noone would take care of me if I ended up doing that though

I wouldn't want to go outside either if guns were illegal to own while the police only investigated crimes that were easy to solve because of "muh performance statistics".

Is that just an edit or a Doujin?

If I could have a nice small house away from people and live alone with a fembot, I'd be happy until I died

>less than 1% of the population is made of losers
Who gives a shit? The smart man is going to Japan right now and fucking an under sexed Japanese qt. You've got bonus points for being foreign and tall with money to travel.

is that chip-chan?
i remember /x/ was following her story for a while

Doesn't look like her

Yes, Japan is a window into the future as what a post industrialize capitalist society would look like.

While that is true, there has been a growing tendency on the west where more and more young adults live with their parents well above their 20's and even 30's.

i can tell you the sole reason why we shut ourselves in

because every time we try to emerge, sometimes even for just necessities, we are subjected to psychological agony in one form or another

one quickly learns that a total withdraw is the only hope of sanity and possible ward against suicide

>but every has some hard times in my life

pat yourself on the back, for you will never ever comprehend

jesus christ

aghahaha

loled

Nah, Hikikomori is too culturally specific. Whites who go NEET tend more towards a Big Lebowski type lifestyle or they go full trailer trash. They still interact with the world and maintain some semblance of social skills.
I'm pretty sure Japan could go nuclear in a week if it wanted.

>Bought motorbike
>Started leaving the house for first time in ages
Feels good

education is bullshit.

Go out and fuck the world!~

I'm the beautiful

My cousin did that for 6 years, had her parents paying room and board plus sending her tuition checks too. God knows what she spent the money on.

>me being a fat piece of shit is "psychological agony"

be serious

is anyone in this condition? i'm ugly as fuck and i can't even imagine myself in such a situation

5 years hikki here
I went outside once to go to the ER in 2013 and another to play pokemon go (dropped it after 20 mins)

30 here , kind of a neet but been trying to change it, part of my problem is my anxiety though really limits what I feel like I can do for a job.
Yeah I hate that I have to be embarrassed that I live with my parents even though I'm not completely an asshole about it and do help around the house with chores and stuff (cut grass here, take out trash there etc) every little bit helps. Also society would want me to eventually "buy a house" like first of all when I barely took advantage of all the space I had in an apartment during college what the hell kind of waste would a big house be? I mean if anything I would just want my own house to have my own swimming pool but that's probably never going to happen.

Other people are garbage, & I am too.

Spend a youth being told to be honest, be good, do good. Enter the world & it's just trash and lies as far as forever. Might as well keep my garbage to myself.

That's exactly my lifestyle. I fucking love it thanks modern society

>all those amazon boxes
That's going to be whatever section 8 shithole I end up in if my mom dies before me
So glad amazon has basic groceries now
Fuck walking to the store in nigger town
Just have to develop a taste for almond milk...

I've been a NEET for 4 years, I'm not much of a hikki though as I go to the store and will leave the house if need be or if I want to.

I don't really have anxiety I just don't like leaving the house because most things aren't worth my time.

Yeah I mean I can leave I just don't do it too much.

how do you sustain yourself? i wish i ccould be a hikki neet, i was for about 2-3 years, (not fully hikkikomori but almost), and damn, that was the best time of my life, i would give half of my life to go back to that

Croatian NEET here as well, have a huge list of disabilities and living with my parents.

These are the end of days

10 year NEET with autism here and even I think you're chuffing up shit.

Baw baww, be lucky you have the opportunity to retreat at all, those of us who can are given this mercy by those who really can't afford to.

Remember that.

shit I also go to the store to buy cigarettes
i have to stop that

In the USA it's near impossible to be a full NEET unless you have some sort of trust fund or your parents supporting you.

>or black

There is a social program from the US that funds people in the third world with "difficulties" as myself.
I was labeled crazy by the government so I receive welfare to live my life.

Feels good to be beautiful.

>I was labeled crazy by the government
for what?

It's the economy.... western world is slowly becoming a shithole since 2007's crisis..

This video took 8 minutes from my life and in that time...
fuck, I have no words for this.Perfect case in point.

I used to upload videos "telling the truth" about blacks, women, trannies and justifying some violent acts.
The local authorities saw it and decided I was a major racist but this black guy from my school went there to defend me and showed the authorities my mental drug prescriptions and my school expulsion records which were just too long and they decided I was just insane.

Someone needs to make a version of this from an alien point of view, with humans instead of mice, referencing current events and developments.

hmm... this.

>my mental drug prescriptions and my school expulsion records which were just too long and they decided I was just insane.
That's a pretty good cover 2bh.

Give me a reason to stop being a NEET. I feel so fucking guilty but at the same time I can't see being a wagecuck and doing normie stuff as my destiny in life.

He hue hued to hard

>a social program from the US that funds people in the third world
>US
>program
>going to third world autists
Goddammit

Fuck you user I had almost forgotten about this. We are in the death phase already, it's already over but for the formalities.
youtube.com/watch?v=OSCiMbMVDLI

I don't know, I exposed some crazy serious data about it and gave very sane irrefutable arguments.
But I understand that they either acknowledge those facts or label me crazy. I understand their decision...
Cry moar.

>I used to upload videos "telling the truth" about blacks, women, trannies and justifying some violent acts.

That's pretty based, man.

>being 20 and not able to drink
land of the free

I work from home in a big city, and I've noticed the tendency towards being the "beautiful" mouse as well.

About a year a go I had a job that required me to work with the same 15 or so people in a warehouse, and my psychology changed to a certain degree to accommodate that.

This video has almost convinced me to go move to a small town on the edge of civilization. Maybe start a local business and live out the rest of my years in balanced paradise.

Wow you really are crazy

Yes but it was not a good idea.
Blacks did not use the internet back then, so most people would just agree and I was labeled crazy and dangerous for obvious reasons. (60% of the population is of shitskins, not literal niggers but still..)
I don't know, I regret doing them, I should have just shut up and moved somewhere more white instead of trying to right the wrongs. I did not contribute to anything though. I may have redpilled people but there's nothing they can actually do. They're still our brothers.
Start arguing anytime.

I'm only 23 and just graduated less than a year ago, I still have time

>being 16 and not be able to drive
land of Achmed

33 and NEET here.

How does it feel like to be a failure even as a NEET?

How do you live?
Welfare too?

>comparing humans and mice
>legitimate

I didn't choose the NEET life
The NEET life chose me!

Government pays for rent+bills and gives almost 500 euros per month to spend how you want. They also pay all the medical expenses and sometimes chip in when you need to buy new furniture or appliances.

Thanks, Frankfurt School!

>knew what it would be before clicking it

How you even enjoy bring a NEET I was unemployed for 2 months and thought many times of killing myself, unemployment is depressing as hell.

I seriously think that the personality type that leads to NEETism is super valuable in the workplace.

>Be NEET
>Find work, not be NEET anymore
>All the normies just want to talk and avoid doing any work
>Don't mind me, just here for the bucks

Am I wrong in thinking most NEETs tend to be more technically inclined? When I went from NEET to wagecuck, my supervisor loved it because I was actually interested in getting work done.

Genuine question: how is Venezuela?

I dont get it. Why are they keeping you alive? Of what use are you to them?

Shit

Fuck hell no, being unemployed is great as long as you build yourself a routine.
Nice living bro.
I'm not saying that's wrong nor anything because society is sick as fuck anyway and being a NEET is actual red pilled for now until society collapses and you, who is watching from the outside, decides about what to do with it eventually.

A test case. They want all people to be subservient to and reliant on the government

Most jobs require you to not be an aspie.

That Finland, not Serbia. Idiot, they actually value every human life, even if it looks useless from the first glance.
I am exactly that, I hate and reject illegitimate social interactions with stupid people.
I fake them when I have no girlfriend though. But since I've been with this girl for 10 fucking years I'm fine.

Even when they are zero contributing to government?

Because if they didn't pay me 1000-1200 euros per month for sitting in the front of my computer, I would be on the streets robbing people, selling drugs and destroying property.

been working for 2 months, id forgotten how to talk to people. now i just keep quiet since every word i speak makes me feel retarded.

The money does not belong to the government and those NEETs will still vote, so no real incentive to get rid of the NEETs, they tend to vote to the leftist ones.
We both know that's probably a lie and you would fit just well, somehow. But since we can choose that path, good for us right?

>check if management is aspie friendly
>if not you'd better leave

Yeah. We're currently in an age of abundance. There is more than enough tax money to spread around to people.
Aside from the obvious short term benefit of the welfare parasite voting for more government control. They also have someone who lives and dies based on government generosity.
Basically. When the government needs your ass to get to work, you'll pick up the shovel. or die

Is there such a thing a semi-neet? I don't work or go to school but I live with my brother, cook, clean, and do the shopping.

In my free time I am online shitposting. Which is 80% of the day. 27 btw.

>Legally allowed to vote
>Legally allowed to buy a gun
>Legally allowed to drive a car
>Legally allowed to get married
>Legally start a family
>Legally allowed to buy a house
>Legally allowed to sign up and die for Israel
>All the while not being old enough to drink

>Legally allowed to sign up and die for Israel
What, are you memeing?

Google what NEET stands for you retard