What went so horribly wrong? LOTR is fucking fantastic. Better trilogy than even Godfather. Hobbit is unwatchable crap...

What went so horribly wrong? LOTR is fucking fantastic. Better trilogy than even Godfather. Hobbit is unwatchable crap. And i mean it literally.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=TijkFnT8D-U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They streched a 1 book made for little kids into a 10 hour long epic trilogy.

The biggest problem was that peter had no time to prepare for the movies.
He had to wing it the entire time, tis a wonder it was even watchable.

This. They should have balanced it into two films. One wouldn't be enough but three was overboard.

should have been 2 movies.

the battle of the 5 armies was too much. while they cut out a lot of the travel adventure.

>1st movie
Hey, thats pretty good! Cant wait for two!
>2nd movie
Jeez... It was all right but it was a little long.
>3rd movie
Wow what the fuck happened?

they were watchable popcorn flicks. Nothing that id watch for another time but nothing to offensively bad that Id even bother complaining. Then again I have no particular care for the source material

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

This

>youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

>21 hour work shifts
Fucking Hackson, should've ben doing 23 hours!

so why are manchildren so upset about a movie for kids?

The first one is somewhat acceptable aside from fucking Azog or whatever his name is but I have a feeling the other two are only liked by normies because of those two twats from Sherlock.

fpbp

But it isn't unwatchable. There are parts that can give enjoyment if you try to wring it out.

The third hobbit movie was so bad I almost walked out of it. The CGI clones fighting on screen and the bloom lighting made it look like a videogame.

Are LOTR appendices worth watching?

Yes, definitely. Lots of great stuff in them.

to be fair it was a childrens book. not sure why they had to make it a trilogy though

>better than the Godfather
No...

it shouldve been like 5 hours long instead of 14 hours long

What if I told you that as a whole, the Hobbit films aren't that bad?

6 months of pre-production compared to 3.5 years for Lord of the Rings.

The third one is unwatchable. Second has issues, and the first is good.

Really, they just way overextended themselves. Could've done it in two 1 1/2 hour films.

as a trilogy it is, because nobody cares for godfather 3

Godfather 3 may be the worst of the Godfather films, but that still makes it an above passable, great standalone, when you consider how good Part 1 and 2 are.

>250 pages
>10 hours of film
It's one of the few instances where watching the movie takes longer than reading the book

The second is my guilty pleasure. I'm not quite sure why I like it so much.

Smaug is actually done pretty well and faithful to the book.

worse then all three LOTR movies, so LOTR overall is a better trilogy

You don't make any goddamn sense.

I think that'sa perfect way to describe. This should never be the case, ever. It's not like the book is complex or anything. How the hell did they manage to screw up
>Go on adventure
>Slay dragon
>learn bravery
It's so fucking simple.
>I summon giant cgi gold dragon in defense position!

The Hobbit is a pretty light-hearted, jaunty adventure. So it was really jarring in the 3rd film when they tried to raise the stakes to LOTR levels.

>mad that a talking dragon was cgi.
Do you prefer if he was a big goofy puppet?

pic related

This guy did a pretty concise little series about it: youtube.com/watch?v=TijkFnT8D-U

Basically it was a flood of too much content with no emotional grounding.

Your hint is:
>gold

>unwatchable crap
>literally
Back to plebbit

It still could've worked though, if they had built the dwarfs into deeper characters, toned down the absurd action, and followed through on all the plot threads at the end.

when they stretched it from 2 movies to 3 it got ruined. theres just enough stuff to fill out 2 roughly 3 hour movies in theory

Part 1 was super comfy. It sucks that everything else was dogshit

Smaug seemed dangerous in the 2nd movie, like an intelligent, wild animal.

did you miss the last half hour when yakkity sax started playing while dwarfs were dancing all around him?

I'm sorry, user. The movie ends just as the dwarves were entering the mountain looking for Bilbo. The movie ends, abruptly at that point, and then you have to watch the cartoon adaptation to see what happens to Smaug, and the elves/orcs/humans as no other movies seem to follow to fill in that gap.

i'm a huge LOTR fan. i only watched the first movie and haven't seen the other two. maybe i'll get around to it one day.

The first movie was comfy, cute and fun to watch overall. The second is a huge downhill and I can't even remember what happened in the 3rd movie except the first 10 mins where Smaugh dies. Wasn't that the whole plot? Where did it go from there?

>Wasn't that the whole plot? Where did it go from there?
orcs slipping on banana peels

Same reason you are here..to be like kids and complain and/or praise movies.

he sounds like a faggot though.

I have no fucking clue what you are saying bud.

my sides

The gold cgi dragon looked like ass and was pretty ridiculous, on top of the barrel scene and pretty much all other shit.

Smaug isn't a gold dragon you retarded cuntbag.

What baffles me the most is that i literally can't remember ANYTHING about the hobbit movies.

LotR i can recital if you wake me up in the middle of a dream, but i've watch all 3 Hobit movies 3 times and i literally can't remember anything.
Only thing that pops to mind when i think about it for a few minutes is when the dwarfs make their escape with the barrels down the river and that disgusting forced romance between the sheelf and the dwarf.
Also the cringy hide and seek between Bilbo and the Dragon