The family is perfectly OK with you spilling the beans about criminal activity to psychiatrists and movie studios

>the family is perfectly OK with you spilling the beans about criminal activity to psychiatrists and movie studios
>zero tolerance for fags though

I don't get mafia logic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eviIklReqYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>perfectly OK
yeah, it's not like Tony was inches from getting killed for doing just that

can this even be misconstrued as bait?

>the family is perfectly OK
But they weren't? The minute the secret was out they all questioned whether Tony was fit to lead the family.

They had to come to grips with it because nobody dared to challenge him, specially not after he almost beat that poor kid to death anyway.

it was a poorly written tv show.

the second its know that pussy in a fbi rat Tony would have been whacked by Paulie. no fucking way somebody that high up flipping without a change in leadership. its like theyve never read mario puzo ffs..

they said they don't have a problem with the faggot but were worried about appearances. They also noted that talking about criminal activity doesn't happen with a psychiatrist, and that the stigma of speaking to a psychiatrist no longer exists.

>theres no stigmata these days. My son went saw a psychiatrist with his wife for that court ordered thing. They're very happy now.

>It's poorly written because it didn't happen exactly how I think it should've

DON'T STOP

>Julius Caesar was an epileptic for christ sake
OP, one of the main themes of the show is Americas transition from the 90s to the 21st century

Regardless, Vito got whacked from sucking cock, when Tony's psychiatric sessions and Chris' movie scripts were significantly higher liabilities, despite Vito being a captain and Crissy being a capo.

>Vito being a captain and Crissy being a capo
uhhh

But Junior attempted to kill him. Niggers just failed in the most retarded way possible.

This, the mafia is at a giant precipice of a crossroads regarding mental health--wiseguys seeing shrinks are a diamond dozen now.

>Vito being a captain and Crissy being a capo.
hehehehehehehhe

They weren't fine with it at all though, Tony only managed to survive because he is capable as fuck when it comes to his job, whereas every other mobster is a coward or an idiot.

diamond dozen

>I must stay loyle to my capo

Is this show worth watching if I already know important plot points?

yes

This show is unspoilable.

You may know who gets killed but the drama behind it you gotta watch for yourself.

Yes. I guarantee you that there are shocking plot points you haven't spoiled yet, and the ones you have are done in a way that will stay satisfying to you.

yes the sopranos is an unparallelled work of genuis. i honestly think its the greatest work of art humanity has ever produced and doubt it will be improved upon ever

Everyone in this thread is retarded.
There's a patient/psych confidentiality agreement that IS upheld in law. The only way IT'S NOT, is if the client hints/make threats(etc.) of a possible upcoming crime.

Tony was careful to never do that, if you knew about this particular defense, you'd understand the other level of their conversations and the scenes become even better as Tony dances around that subject.

As far as Christopher "spilling the beans", it's a movie, it's fiction. He embellished nearly everything, even portraying Tony as some ignorant fat disgusting slob which was a subliminal projection of his thoughts on Tony.

Do you faggots even psychology? This is what makes the show so fucking good.

>>zero tolerance for fags though
You zero tolerance for a man licking women vaginas because its gay

guys it's shit and you're shit for getting some pleb to waste his life with this absolute dribble. Inconsistent characters, hamfisted plot devices and zero character development is the only impression he'll get from an extremely tedious self-absorbed sitcom that this show is.

It's almost like they were presenting made guys as complete hypocrites who only care about the rules when it suits them for five seasons.

Gee, let's seem how much of this post is an argument
>Inconsistent characters
not an argument
>hamfisted plot devices
not an argument
>zero character development
not an argument
>extremely tedious self-absorbed sitcom that this show is
definitely not an argument
having a bad day champ?

But I thought the mobsters were le badasses

>I can't understand simple terms and need it spelling out

They are all arguments, just without cases you sheep fuck. Here's a few cases:

>Everyone knows Chistopher is a drug user but no one says anything and acts like it's a shocking surprise, Tony especially.
>A woman like Janice shooting Rich
>le black guy breaking up with gf over nothing despite staying after a mob boss threatened him
>Paulie defecting comes out of nowhere
>characters like bobbys wife killed out of nowhere so they have a plot to work with
>Despite 'loving' his father, Tony lets the kid get killed and gives no fuck whatsoever
>Italian woman mob boss getting screwed over totally in a business venture to make Tony look competent.

Could go on and on.

>Should I watch the earshot O'Fallon time?

Who disputed any of that other than op? You basically summarized the thread

A major point of the entire show is that people never change despite their best efforts to do so. The struggle to overcome the demons inherent in one's personality is hugely featured in all seasons.

You're pretty fucking retarded if you judge the merit of a show based on how much a character changes. Chase made the deliberate point to say that character arches are bullshit and that in keeping with the "everyday fuckin regularness of life" people don't ever actually achieve any meaningful amount of change in who they are.

I don't get bad writting either

This is one of the reasons I find the Sopranos so depressing to watch.

JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL

It is a tragedy how much Tony doesn't want to be this person that he is, but he can't help himself. I sorta rooted for the guy, but after he beat up Bobby i said fuck him, he will always be a douchebag that destroys everyone around him.

>david chase synced the music to the camera work
Is this... is this man a genius?

>Everyone knows Chistopher is a drug user but no one says anything and acts like it's a shocking

This is one of the most retarded things i have ever read. You don't even know what's happening in the show you pseudo faggot.

He's a casual that watches 5 minute summaries for every season and then comes and posts his retarded opinions on the matter.

>And we'll send you glad tidings from New York

>despite Vito being a captain and Crissy being a capo
*inhales*

David Chase is very thorough in his craft. Very few creators are that invested.

It's a doggy dog world.

You thought wrong, cuck.

what kid did he nearly best to death?

He surely bested his son in death. Hehheh.

Bobby swung first, the episode that showcases him fucking with been and gambling addiction was much worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=eviIklReqYE

He shouldn't have slammed the fridge

Yeah but look at the context: He was made because of Janice's story and knew Bobby wasn't ok with him calling her a slut and shit. Bobby was the nicest, most loyal guy in the show and for him to punch Tony was because Tony kept pushing everyone's buttons because he's a bad person like that. He even throws Carmela away during the whole mess.

Simply the truth.

why was Bobby such a dick to Chris?

13-18 were very inconsistent with everything else. It seemed like Chase and co. were trying to get people to dislike Tony. Which is not to say Tony wasn't always a dick, but suddenly Bobby beats him up, he wants to whack Paulie, he's a gambling addict. Hesh doesn't like him.

Then he's fine again at the runup to the end. They spent 5+ seasons telling us that it wasn't as simple as huurrr sociopath, then suddenly he is one.

It's still a great show, but it seemed that by the end Chase was frustrated with the audience.

>it seemed that by the end Chase was frustrated with the audience.
I got that impression too

>its like theyve never read mario puzo
>implying the Godfather is an accurate portrayal of the mob

>he's a gambling addict
That whole arc was weird especially because they had established that T hated gamblers since his father punished that dude in the butcher shop for not paying his debts (which also cause Ts trauma-panic stuff).

That was subtle, but Bobby probably spent years seeing Chris have a high ranking, high earning position purely through nepotism while he was a fat fuck with no respect struggling to move up through merit. When Bobby finally gets to that position he gets a clearer view of just how incompetent Chris really is, and is basically just waiting for him to get himself killed so he's no longer a risk to the business.

When is Bobby a dick to Chris?

>through merit

Bobby got made without even ever killing anyone. He never made his own scams or anything of the sort. He was just as much a product of favoritism as Chris because of how well-respected his dad was.

No one knew what he was talking about with the psychiatrist. The movie didn't wasn't going in depth about their secrets and how they do business for the world to see. And the mafia doesn't have a vendetta against homos, they aren't going out of their way to kill all gays, people are just homophobic by nature.

Not what happened on the show. They make the point again and again that he is a very good earner + he stuck with Junior when he was needed.

>kill rival gang member
>pay a visit to said gang next day, start talking shit straight to their faces about it, and completely ignore their fair warnings
>surprised when they stab me to death

I don't get mafia logic. Or is this just an Italian thing?

Bullshit. He's a shitty earner and is constantly trying for more work. He specifically asks for more jobs when he marries Janice. If he was a good earner, he wouldn't have to.

not to mentioned everyone laughed at him for getting robbed by black kids. He wasn't respected.

I think it's why Tony resents him early on and for so long. Johnny Boy had him out killing Willie Overalls when he was 22 or 23 to make his bones, whereas Bobby was more or less protected by his old man.

Just bustin' balls

>He's a shitty earner
Back that statement up.
He had so ask for those jobs because he was busy with Jr.s shit.
>If he was a good earner, he wouldn't have to.
Yeah, watch the show again. People that are doing good get more stuff to i.e. more opportunity to earn.

>People that are doing good get more stuff to i.e. more opportunity to earn.

And he wasn't. Therefore he wasn't doing well. Jesus Christ, he's biggest scam was shooting that rapper in the ass. The only reason Junior bumped him up to even collecting for him was Murph was over the hill and he was all he had.

There are numerous scenes of him fucking up. Him begging Sil for a collection route in Mayham. Him asking Tony for more routes.

Tell you what, since you want to ignore all this, give one (1) example of him earning well.

>Everyone knows Chistopher is a drug user but no one says anything and acts like it's a shocking surprise, Tony especially.

Watch the show dumbass.

>A woman like Janice shooting Rich
Janice is a violent woman since she was introduced. Richie was confident that she would be calmed down after hitting her but obviously it got worse

>le black guy breaking up with gf over nothing despite staying after a mob boss threatened him
It never was about that. He broke up after the reunion with his dad and saw how different they were.

>Paulie defecting comes out of nowhere
Paulie never purposely defected. Johnny Sack manipulated him and lied about talking good things about him to Carmine.

>characters like bobbys wife killed out of nowhere so they have a plot to work with
Death in the show is always treated as something mundane and that its right around the corner. Some character deaths didnt even advance the plot but thats how life is.

>Despite 'loving' his father, Tony lets the kid get killed and gives no fuck whatsoever
Jackie tried to replicate how Tony got his reputation but instead of robbing another family, he robbed his own. Tony could not forgive that.

>Italian woman mob boss getting screwed over totally in a business venture to make Tony look competent.

So?