/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profile and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: are you going to watch more or less than 800 minutes of film projected on celluloid this weekend?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
youtube.com/watch?v=BFD2293oGvA
letterboxd.com/pirs/
letterboxd.com/1cmp70/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stop giving 5 star reviews to flicks made after the 19th century you heathens

titty nigger cunt fuck

>Xe / xyr
>Ze / zir
>Ze / xir

Fuck am I looking at here?

dropout_gorro added Pride to xyr Watchlist

Are these like official pronouns now? I haven't left my house in almost 7 weeks, what the fuck is going on out there?

It's gonna be enforced in Europe and Canuckistan in the next half-decade. All is lost.

>mfw I live in Georgia

wew lad that was a close one

But seriously they look like Klingon rank titles or something, say I go out into the real world and accidentally call a tranny a he? Do I get lynched?

>Do I get lynched?
yes

Oops!

look what I got lads

more than 800 mins of course

wahoo!!!!!!!!!

Is that the sign of the auteur?
or
the sign of the hack??

You tell me.

How about hackteur

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

I ain't playing.

What did they mean by this?

Hipster horror bullshit. Ugh.

The review equivalent of walking up to a movie and saying FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

I'm not a movie tho

a ghost story is horror?

Sounds like he was upset about something.

There are people who think it ( nothing)comes at night is horror, so

how did you watch 12 movies in a single day?

look at the runtimes, retard

double speed

amdjeet possesses many abilities some consider unnatural

You'd have to be a retard to think A Ghost Story is a horror movie

Like PUNQ, the secret is to be a fraud

What are you looking at, fuckface?

You do.

I can't get a handle on whether shaliu has goat or shit taste or something in between or their watching pattern....its so fucking random.

*Shaoliuringon

who?

YOU

WHAT'S UP FAPS

FUCK

follow the fabs

fuck the fabs

youtube.com/watch?v=BFD2293oGvA

i can't stand that guy

What are they talking about?

Fix your site before start marketing it fake cinebro

chariots of fire

But Chariots of Fire was a great film.
Are they really that fedora?

I just joined the other day and I like it way more than IMDb. It's been a lot easier to find and record movies I've seen. Plus I already have 3 followers and it makes me feel almost good. I just wish Letterboxd had more accurate release dates on their movies like IMDb.

>they don't like something I like, I'll call them redittors xD, that will show them I'm a true Sup Forumsro

No, it's just that they seem so contrarian.

Who said redditors? What are you talking about

This confirms it! Lettercrash users don't actually care about films, just likes and followers

I wish somebody else would make the threads, you make them so unappealing OP.

how many got generals have you made op?

Wow! Good job smart guy! I said one small thing about how I guess having followers is cool, and had two other sentences saying that I liked Letterbox for the movies, and that I wished they would be more accurate about movies! Obviously I only care about likes and followers! Good job again, you're a really neat guy and you sure showed me!

got u good

Really? Jesus Christ

Right, just watched Tree of Life, my first Malick film that I have seen.

I kind of get the hype, it was beautiful throughout, and it was just fantastic when it had the structure of the child's life, but I didn't get the point of any of the scenes where Sean Penn was there. (Everything up to the shitty CGI dinosaurs, and the last 20 minutes or so). These just seemed like randomly selected (beautiful) pointless bits of nature and stuff.

Can anyone convince me what purpose these served to take it from a 4 and a half star film to 5 stars?

people like thinking about the beauty, power and importance of nature, and everything we've lost
so anything that provokes those thoughts they find deep and genius

You're a retard if you need people to convince you to give something a better rating.

4 1/2 stars is already an incredible rating. You've already declared your love for the film. Unless you just rated it that highly just to show off that you enjoyed a Malick film.

>First Malick film
It was mine as well. But back in 2011, when I first watched it, I just kept trying to find a narrative within The Tree of Life and of course, that didn't go well. I didn't even know Malick back then, so it didn't really play well with me.

Watch The Thin Red Line next. My favorite Malick film so far.
So why do you think it's not deep?

>Unless you just rated it that highly just to show off that you enjoyed a Malick film

That's fairly obvious from his comment. He freely admits not understand the majority.

evokes* ;_;

Well, it depends on my rating scale.

For me it would be a brilliant, near-perfect film if it was just the middle portion. I just didn't get the need of the beginning and end, or what it was trying to represent. The middle had the themes/narrative of growing up/parenting.

See I didn't get that i just saw a bunch of cells and shit because Oooh nature.

And while the thoughts are in my head, the Tree of Life blu-ray is one of the best I've ever seen. Definitely glad I waited and watched it properly with a decent sound set-up and decent sized TV, as it absolutely adds to the experience. Brad Pitt is great in it.

sure, it's deep i suppose
just not exactly original, and you can see exactly what malick has set out to do from the very beginning, and you're sitting there waiting for some cathartic orgasm accompanied by lacrimoooooosa
the whole film is like an intellectual low blow

hi

Monty Python is the shit

>they look like Klingon rank titles or something

letterboxd.com/pirs/

yeah I do

I see where your coming from.
Also, have you seen any films recently that you can recommend me?
keep in mind I'm a pleb, so recommending me something more on the entry-level side would be great
>Movie 43
>mfw

I had a w-word in it.

okay. i'll hang myself.

Really? Cool.
still a shit movie

Yes, dreadful.

What was the word?

letterboxd.com/1cmp70/

I'm just chilling out.

watch i am cuba

Is there bots in the thread now?

What films did TTOL before TTOL?

Whore

THE shit. As in: it's really good

Letterboxd
Sorry, we can’t find the page you’ve requested.
Perhaps you imagined it? Please contact us if the problem persists.

Still from David Fincher’s Fight Club (1999)

that was kind of a joke, but actually, the cranes are flying might be perfect for you

Emily Jean BTFO

sorry mate, my bad.

>Caché, not 10/10

Are you the pleb-master?

Also, Gertrud only 3?

Jesus.

Yo...

not the actual attempt to put the nature of the universe on screen, but the ideas and motivations behind wanting to do that are a big part of all art
so i don't think malick actually achieved that much by juxtaposing pictures of supernovae and a family story, in order to press the same buttons that a lot of art presses

Have you seen the favourites? I think we are safe to assume pleb.

hang yourself anyway

you too plebwad

I think I agree with you tsar (again and always).

I enjoyed the family story, I didn't enjoy the universe and nature stuff.

i like you.

haha i know what you mean man, he's unoriginal and not deep at all, nothing like glorious based Von Trier who isn't tryhard in the least