Now that the civil war in america is over, does Sup Forums side with the union or Confederacy?

Now that the civil war in america is over, does Sup Forums side with the union or Confederacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

nps.gov/civilwar/facts.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Confederacy, but because they opposed unrestricted federal control of the states. Not because of slavery.

Retard

Federals, simply because I do not believe the south would be as industrialized as it is today had the war gone the other way.

Confederacy. The war was based on states rights principles and each state from that point forward lost a measure of its independence, as can be seen in the state constitutions in new states as well as the reconstruction effort in the postwar period.

Northern boy here

I honestly wish we had let the south go, those fuckers are too stupid and backwards for the rest of us

They have been holding us back for 150 years

The real US would be living in a futuristic paradise while dumb-fuck-a-stan would probably be stuck in the 1910's

y-you too!

smaller government sounds nice but i think the united states should remain one country

I'm a unionist in that I recognize that these United States are objectively stronger together.

I'm anti-slavery in that I do not want to live around niggers. Send them all back.

I sort of wish the south won though, because the US is a negative force in the world that advances international Jewish interest. I'm starting to think that anything bad for the US is good for the rest of the world desu.

The South.

The war wasn't "about" anything other than Lincoln saying lolno and sending armies to forcibly subjugate the Confederacy. Slavery and states rights are both fucking stupid answers.

Who are we kidding? The civil war never happened. It's just a ruse by the jews to take our shoes. Literally only taught in the classrooms so that nigger joe would grow up hating whitey. And hey, it worked.

Same but because of anti-nigger stance. They would've deported the slaves back to Africa and replaced with machines to pick cotton.

This

The North. Also fuck Booth. Lincoln would have exported every nigger back to Africa and would have rebuilt the south through a non-punitive reconstruction.

you can't just fucking secede from the union you traitorous piece of shit

if a nation as big as the US is going to work we need to realize that we're all fucking stuck with each other

>Someone ponders X idea at some point in their life
>States it will not work and abandon it
>DUDE HE WAS TOTALLY GOING TO DO X ALL ALONG IT WAS BASICALLY HIS LIFE GOAL

The civil war was absolutely about uncontrolled federal over-reach. Slavery was the tipping point of it, more specifically, straight up stealing and freeing slaves which was financial harm to people committing no crime.

When justice was sought for this action? The south was told to get fucked.

The stupid thing is that slavery would have natrually died out in less than 20 or so years. From a business standpoint it is stupid as shit to own slaves when you could just pay someone a shit wage to do terrible work and not feed, cloth, house, and care for them in any way shape or form.

>Denying freedom of a nation because they benefit you
George Washington is rolling in his grave

>you can't just fucking secede from the union you traitorous piece of shit

*coughs*

South here, I wish you would have too. The blacks would have flooded you shit heads instead of sticking around here and the South would be a peaceful non-degenerate nation.

You fucks would invade though because the northern states can't make their own food, textiles, or other necessary goods to fucking survive without those redneck states.

your lack of intelligence is outstanding

If you REALLY DIG into it , Lincoln didnt give a damn about slavery , it was just overhyped by retards over time , it was more of a "bonus" or afterthought for lincoln

the north actually have a hand in diminishing the souths education , especially after the war

slavery was going to slow down as new machines were being introduced and researched to handle cotton , picking however might of still been slaves. as well as the slow down of importation and other elements i dont remember right now , jsut woke up- head hurts

and im going to say research it for yourself instead of sources,, the biggest way you are going to learn is by doing your own work, wiht your own conclusion also become smarter on the subject, good day

as if thats just wishful thinking now way would any politician give up all of those new voters dumbass

>can't make their own food
You obviously don't know what you are talking about

The north produced more food then the south

nps.gov/civilwar/facts.htm

Agriculture:
>the Union had a clear agricultural advantage
>The Union led corn production with 400 million bushels compared to the 250 million bushels in the Confederacy
>The Union led wheat production with 100 million bushels produced in comparison to 35 million bushels in the Confederacy
>The Union was attributed with having 40 million heads of livestock compared to 35 million in the Confederacy

this so much Sherman himself said that 80-90% of what he burned had no military objective. The Union burned the University of Alabama and I want 1 northern shill to till me what military objective was achieved by that

The CSA was being supported by international bankers and Lincoln was opposed to them, hence Lincoln's greenbacks and Tsarist Russia's support of the Union.

The Southern aristocracy was an oligarchy that only existed because of the importation of niggers hundreds of years beforehand while the Union ravaged the common people of the south in their conquest of Southern states towards the war's conclusion.

Quite frankly, neither side was glamorous but I think the Union staying together was for the best.

except for the wheat when accounting for population for the time the Union had less food

>Quite frankly, neither side was glamorous but I think the Union staying together was for the best.

Yes because what wonderful, progressive times we live in of staggering government overreach and leftist totalitarianism, endless half-wars, the collapse of western civilization, and cultural marxism putting whites into mental prisons where they become subservient to jews and little brown leafblower gnomes.

ah yes now i remember , ty for helping , ya they had burned more non military assets than anything , they literally razed the land with intent of never fixing it,

farms schools housing stores ect ect and if i remember right this actually led some town to starvation

The North has Chicago and Detroit HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

an oilgarchy somewhat they had some local influence, but overall none ever achieved any of sort of national influence and besides they were in sugar cane or cotton they didn't have their fingers in everything

Northern Carpetbaggers and scalawags are fucking up their own towns

Both sides were American, and both sides were right. Anybody who disagrees does not understand the civil war.

the lack of attention to this post is making me sad