Last Thread: >Gem Harvest:
720p: mega.nz/#!91whmaaK!bSvDmv706k-TsUDGnI6g5phAO1Ws-F2D5CRDQlJwDN8
1080p: dl.sug.rocks/YP-SU-1R-04x08.mkv
Watch online: marebucks.com/sun/110/

EPISODES:
>Episode downloads
1080p: mega.nz/#F!JotHkR6Y!giZlsdwr_k5ULQAIJKWrsw
1080p alt: sug.rocks/dl.html
Comics, soundtracks, older 720p/1080p episodes: mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw
>Official airing schedule in EST (click to the right of the logo)
cartoonnetwork.com/shows/steven-universe/pictures/index.html

LEAKS: (make sure to use spoiler tags when discussing)
>2-minute previews and screenshots from CN server
kametsu.com/topic/54797-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/
>Leakbot and other cool /sug/ stuff
sug.rocks/leaks.html

OFFICIAL SITES:
stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/
soundcloud.com/aivisura
keepbeachcityweird.tumblr.com
twitter.com/PERIDOT5XG

MISCELLANEOUS:
>SDCC Zuke/Tang Zine
mega.nz/#!eJ9EnSwT!8OUGwk3JOpCcrG7umF4xw3g9MKq4kp873LQvo3lxDQ8
>/sug/ writebin
pastebin.com/f86yQm0T
>Archived threads
desuarchive.org/co/search/text//sug//type/op/
desuarchive.org/trash/search/text//sug//type/op/

Stevidot, master race.

>it's called "shinkage"
That's all I can think of when seeing this

Stevonnie certainly looks like a DeMayo
Stevonnie Mahayo
Stevonnie DeMeswaran

I know the Crewniverse said Stevonnie (and by extension other Steven/Female fusions) use "they" for the sake of simplicity, but for christ's sake that's annoying to write with. Do you think I could get away with referring to a Steven/Peridot Fusion as "she" without losing too many readers?

splendid meme

ay

Just make a point about, either in a notes section or in-story by the fusion saying it's easier.
Also
>Fanfiction
Truly we have fallen

Yes readers, people to judge and criticize one's work rather than leaving them locked away to be endlessly reread by the author their self

If you're gonna do something in life, do it right.

I misunderstood and thought you were talking about people reading the show

Fusions are 2 people. "They" makes sense in this case.

Reposting from dead thread

I just told you ROCKET FISTS. Aside form that, it's got homeworld data they can use, a megaman lazer cannon, it lets her fly, and it makes her proportionate. Fuck, if the enhancers stick around she could do some super robo combiner shit with them when she fuses, have them turn into a gun or something, additonal armor, a super sword. Shit man, the possibilites are endless.

Additionally this The fingers were always neat to see.

I love Peridot's fingers and Amethyst is to blame for turning her into the meme dorito she is today.

oh, sorry

See I don't know whether that means linguistically correct or like canon correct.

To be honest, I kinda though Amethyst admitting she dumped her fingers would be a relationship building moment. Like, she admits to it, and then then wind up going to get it together.

She's also responsible for her getting a fuckhuge powerup. Imagine a universe where she never grabbed/tossed Peridot's tablet...She wouldn't have had the metal powers needed to poof Jasper.

English doesn't really work well with all the new fancy varying genders and titles and whatever the fuck these kids want to use
So canon correct. Since that's your audience.

There's another one I'd like to do, but I'll probably wait until tomorrow.

Amethyst confirmed worst gem.

She had an energy ball arm cannon. That's pretty neat.

This one looks better

>Garnet will get Zekrom
Kek

Singular they is a thing and it's correct though. Gender neutral stuff works way better in English than most other languages, too.

I agree, but the first one wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be at least.

Some people will be pissed, just like when people use she for Stevonnie.

Still wish we could've seen the laser actually hit somebody.

I was actually going to do White Kyruem, but Zekrom would also make sense.

Thats literally the only thing, and maybe helicopter hands, that Peridot could actually use with limb enhancers. Everything else was related to data and Peridot is no longer an observer for Homeworld.

didn't someone say the "zuke" account was just a troll?

That doesn't mean there isn't data to collect
She's running a farm now, there's plenty data there

What's /sug/ favorite ship, that is the cutest and most comfy, and why is it Stevidot, and not memebarn Lapidot?

Is it because you're racist, sexist, xenophobes who like lesbian erasure?

So out of curiosity what do you consider the peak of the series, that episode or series of episodes that has yet to be surpassed in your eyes and potentially never will? Bonus points for explaining why.

Personally I gotta go Mirror/Ocean Gem, it was the first big time lore episode we got and our first exposure to another non-corrupt gem, the episodes hinting at much larger things in the lore but still remaining confined to everything we were familiar with so far; on top of that the animation, music, and acting in these episodes were top-tier and Lapis really felt like something huge with how powerful she was and how little we actually saw of her.

It's also full of shit to use against homeworld, which means they'll not be super fucked when they eventually go to namek, the gem homeworld.

Aside from that, metal limbs + lazer + magneto= orbital lazers.

lapidot is cancer that's why.

Instead, she would've had a laser to poof Jasper.

Not exactly a weapon in and of itself, but she also had this.

I'm getting incredibly mixed signals from this post.
Take some dancing

And the main conflict of Peridot being too short to ride the rollercoaster was never resolved, even though getting the limb enhancers would have made her tall enough to ride.

You're such little kids, /sug/

But the enhancers were logs for Homeworld. There's zero reason to use modern technology to log everything. Peridot (I dont think) even uses a tape recorder anymore. She just sits around and watches TV or farms with Lapis.
>I wish she caught and experimented with corrupt gems, since she's unfamiliar with corruption, surely she'd try and mess around with that gem she bubbled.
>Then Steven would punish her for it.

Who needs metal manipulation powers when you can have a cool green tractor beam?

She didn't even know she had a laser. There were probably other things she (and by extension we) didn't know about.

Why do you think she didn't know she had a laser? That one scene where she's surprised that she missed her shot? I dont think that means she didnt know she had a laser.

I was talking about regular old "can't pull a panel off a wall" Peridot. Pre-TSTR, but no limb enhancements.

I dont mind her limb enhancers or Peribot machine in combat or on a mission. But when she's at home, I'd prefer them to be off.

She used the laser before that too, when she lost her foot.

She probably over-charged it, which would explain why the recoil knocked her on her butt.

Last One Out of Beach City
It had all the pandering I wanted from the characters focused in that episode and made the gems feel like they actually existed in the world instead of that weird "we know who you are but not really" shit we get from other humans.
Of course i have shit taste, so w/e

She lost her foot later in the same episode. First time she shot it was at the Galaxy warp before they even chased her to the downed ship.

perl

I ain't sayin' it is, but I also ain't never seen nothin' that says it ain't.

>There's zero reason to use modern technology to log everything.
That's just straight up wrong.
IRL, we log fucking everything and anything, especially with shit like farming.
Excuse the shitty joke, but we have agriculture down to a science, but that doesn't mean we're suddenly done keeping track of quite literally all we do relating to it.

Nice post

I loved that episode, I hope that Pearl and MG really go somewhere (anywhere) so that we can get more down to earth eps like that.

>yfw lauren zuke didn't leave but instead they upgraded to 5 board teams and hellen jo returned to be with zuke

Earthlings, and the second half of Beta.
It's the first time we see a Gem get corrupted on screen, and it's as brutal as we would've expected. We got a massive plot twist that I don't think anyone saw coming. Smoky Quartz looked stupid, but Steven and Amethyst fusing was like the climax of Amethyst's arc. Anything with Jasper is automatically better than it would be without her. And most importantly, it was actually a satisfying payoff to an overarching plot.
I think you guys know exactly why the first half of Beta needs to be ignored, but even that wouldn't have been so bad if Lapidot had been developed at all between then and Barn Mates.

I don't think she's ever going to get them back. Maybe she'll beg lapis to fetch them from the bottom of the ocean for her, but I really doubt it after they did the whole "just be yourself, you don't need that tech to be you" thing.

Lapis broke her old tape recorder, and we haven't seen her with a new one as of yet.

>in the context of the show
You really want a six-foot tall Peridot writing on her screen about how corn grows? You missed the reason she was writing on the screen. She wasn't doing it to be analytical for the sake of being analytical, she was doing it to relay information.
Thats all she knew, which is why Steven gave her the recorded, so she could replicate that on Earth. And she eventually grew out of that, and no longer logs information. Or maybe she does in another way, whatever. Point is, it really doesnt require limb enhancers.

When she used the laser, she looked at her hand in surprise and then and smiled even though she missed.

This is what I wanted Peridot to do in the barn. Rather than making "meep-morp", she should've been building technology for the Crystal Gems. Her and Lapis should go around and collect more corrupt gems and experiment with them.

She laughed awkwardly when the Crystal Gems gave her a death glare for nearly blowing them up.

10 billion years in paint

She doesn't have to wear them all the time, she's got metal powers dude. Besides making them better and more crystal gemmy would be neat for her character since thier last weapons gy is a fucking psycho.

Thats what I'm saying, she should wear them during missions and conflicts. Something Peridot hasn't done since Gem Drill.

Man, I miss when Peridot was a little window into Homeworld, both technologically and culturally.

I was hyped about small Peri back when we first saw her too, everyone was, but holy fuck if I knew how shit she would become and drag down the show with her as a result of that.

If her lemon hancers were made of metal (or a metal-like material) she wouldn't even need helicopter fingers for flight. She could just zoom around like a rocket.

* I mean, Beta.

But then how is Lauren Zuke supposed to self insert as her? I mean, relate to her?

your missing the whole point dude. give her the enhancers back would go against everything she has learned

I mean, I got a hunch a lot fo the limbs did things she could already do, but just kinda helped her do them. The tractor beam looks like an extension ofthe gem bubbling power, but slightly amplified, the fingers moving as they did only worked when she had the limb on, kinda like her magnet/psychic powers. They could do a lot with these things.

It doesn't have to be that way if they play it right.

Exactly, I wanted Peridot to be the somewhat distant but beloved mechanic in the barn who was Homeworld cultured: bigoted, crude, but caring for her new friends over Homeworld.

Kinda confusing why it didnt go this way. Peridot's reasoning for calling Yellow Diamond a clod, according to Becky, was that YD was being illogical. So if Peridot is simply someone in search of logic, why would she engage in really subjective and meaningless stuff like music and growing corn?

It's great recreation, but you'd think, since she's so concerned about pure logic, her primary concern would be making sure the gems and the planet remain safe. That the logical balance of life on Earth isn't disturbed by an illogical desire to destroy it for no reason. I get the Peridot evolved to have feelings and care, but I don't think she should've loss her core principles.

Which definitely happened somewhere around Beta. Before Gem Drill, she was still concerned with these principles of saving the earth and developing related technology.

That's mostly because they destroyed half her character by refusing her limb enhancers.

Anyone else think the Crystal Gems were assholes in Gem Harvest and wanted to slap them?

Neat idea, but I feel more confidant in Homeworld's technological prowess if all of those abilities were exclusively from the enhancers, themselves. It would support why she was able to scale Rock Bottom-tier 180 degree walls, however.

If not her enhancers, she at least needs to summon her weapon. She can't be a crystal gem and protect the Earth by flinging staples around.

Shut up Andy.

I wanted to slap Lapis for being herself.

that's more likely

I mean, she thought that the corn would come to life and fight for them, so there's that.

Remember the EMP she pulled out of her gem in Warp Tour? The one that disabled all of the Robonoids? I want to see her use one of those things again.

Same. I like to see her in both forms

The greatest irony of that episode was andy was right.
They meme and shit about "haha bigoted uncle lol!" but he was totally right.
I'd like to think they did it on purpose and realized it, but probably not.

I think shes trying to change the whole logic angle, by making illogical choices, because thats what earth is entirely illogical.
>At least I hope that's the case

And Lapis should not be lying around the barn doing nothing. She should be doing the same crap Jasper is doing: capturing corrupt gems and secretly abusing them to deal with her prisoner/guard complex problem.

Lapis should be very controlling, in a subtle manner over everyone. Lapis and Peridot would've made a perfectly abusive relationship. Lapis would manipulated Peridot non-stop, and Peridot would grow increasingly subservient and conflicted by Lapis' bad influence.Being forced to live with Lapis means she slowly becomes eager to please her. Lapis would guilt trip her by reminding her that she interrogated and detained her, and create fear between the two with her powers. But Lapis would conversely recondition her to be less analytical, and more subjective, thus giving reason to fundamentally change her character.

This would of course lead to a misguided fusion, where Peridot hates it but does it for Lapis, and finds themselves in a situation where Lapis holds her captive.

Maybe this happens, and thats why Zuke is mad.

We don't know their relationship, so this very well could be a thing. We know they make art, and we know Peri would do anything to show Lapis she's changed.

Ehh, Lapis already had an abusive dynamic with Jasper. She's currently shown she's afraid of her own tendency to abuse power. It doesn't make sense to rehash more of the same with her and Peridot.

>thinking the writers would ever do something this complex

I honestly believe we don't have to worry too much about her only focusing on making art instead of useful inventions. We saw in Gem Harvest she used her old robonoids and make attack drones out of it. I think the whole meep morp thing was to show these two are finding ways to keep themselves entertained outside of their original HW purposes. However that doesn't mean we won't see Peridot do things more related to her old functions anymore. Probably once HW starts to invade her and Pearl will focus on building defence mechanisms

It wouldnt be the same. Jasper and Lapis is the result of desperate measures. Lapis abusing Peridot subtly is the result of not realizing how controlling and manipulative she is towards other people.

Nevertheless, i think Lapis is going to fuse with Peridot and hold her captive, or something. I base that on Zuke's anger. It could be that she just couldn't get them to kiss, but I think something dramatic will happen between the two.