The CW and Warner Bros...

>The CW and Warner Bros. Television are developing a new one-hour drama based around the character for the 2018-2019 season, Variety has learned.

>The potential series would be based on the Archie Comics series “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,” which reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult, and witchcraft. The series is described as being tonally in the vein of horror classics like “Rosemary’s Baby” and “The Exorcist,” and will see Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature as a half-witch, half-mortal while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family, and the daylight world humans inhabit.

>Should the project move forward, it would serve as a companion series to “Riverdale,” the dark reimagining of the Archie Comics that puts Archie and the rest of his high school friends at the heart of a murder mystery.

variety.com/2017/tv/news/sabrina-the-teenage-witch-series-cw-riverdale-1202564621/

I want a grimdark Archie reimagining where Jughead served in Afghanistan, and has crippling PTSD, but I guess I'll have to stick with Sabrina for now.

remember the time when riverdale was beset by the Predator?

This sounds like this one newspaper comic which has been running for decades, it used to be about kids in a highschool but it's now about a depressed old man and everybody's life sucks and is fucked up.

There was a character who went to Afghanistan and got PTSD but I can't remember whether it was the main character

As long as Dove is cast, i will watch

Found the name, it was Funky Winkerbean

And compromise the grounded nature of Riverdale? Sure, why not?

kek

> half-witch, half-mortal

Witches aren't immortal creatures, just magic casting creatures. This is for dum-dums.

i just want a gritty re-imagining of the cat's backstory

In sabrinaverse witches can live for thousands of years

it will be mediocre at best if it tries to be too serious. might work if it is campy like enchanted or buffy. like, teenage girl camp or something.

It can be serious and still have humour

and Sabrina got her head ripped off? Yeah, that was hot.

>its real

How would an immortal entity know that it's immortal

it doesn't die

There's something almost uncanny valley about her face, I just can't place it.

Looks like she's had work done, not to mention the unblemished face that looks like it gets sanded and waxed while she hibernates in her pod.
Looks like Patrick Bateman during his facial routine.

so its buffy for the 10s?

My thoughts exactly dubsman.

but will there be a wisecracking cat?

I think it's about time we got a English, Scottish, Irish, German, Ashkenazi Jewish Sabrina.

yeah because buffy was real grimdark. Get real.

10's buffy is shit like Lost Girl and Wynnona Earp. (disclaimer: I actually like these shows)

Eyes too far apart, wide temples, weak jaw, small chin.

Textbook ayylmao.

Fake bitch.

>no talking cat
>no sale

that thing on the right looks like a prime sex doll, I'd pay a lot of money for it

elle fanning pls

``teenage witch'' is supposed to be idiosyncratic but after decades of media featuring teenage witches I almost can't even imagine a tv show or movie featuring an old fashioned crone witch. But I think we're headed in that direction. The developed world is graying and the coming masses of old people are going to want to see themselves reflected in main characters.