Why did he want the defense against the dark arts teaching spot so bad?

Why did he want the defense against the dark arts teaching spot so bad?

The Virgin Professor

The Virgin Professor

You don't know that.

t.cuck

It came with the best spot for your broom on the Hogwarts parking lot.

because he wanted to be able to leave

t.cuck

It was the chad subject

Why was he such a was a masochist cuckold that watched over his ex-childhood love's husband's son and he also starred in easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

thanks, that's all I came here for

What was his tax policy?

he liked it

Why does he come here if he hates it so much?

Doing the lords work

Because he knew Voldemort was coming back and wanted to help train the next army of wizards who would have to fight him.

Next topic:

Was Uncle Vernin in the right this whole time? He did take Harry into his home, gave him a room, food, clothing and all he gets is harrys magical shit in his face.

Hey faggot get your banter!

He gave harry a closet below the stairs.

He married a terrible woman and did everything she told him to do. His prejudices were based on nothing but her jealousy and his ability to exploit his position of power. His son and him were both fat fucks who got off on being able to abuse someone who couldn't fight back only because of his need for a roof. They knew full well he could turn them inside out if he wanted to badly enough, look at how their eyes lit up when they realized he'd be penalized for using magic outside of school.

I know this is a joke but I hate this trend of apologizing for clearly shitty characters/behavior because the oppression olympics is in full swing.

If this is tl;dr: He was pussy whipped and beta as fuck and he sharted his pants every time he saw an umbrella after he met Hagrid.

He gave him a room in the second movie.

Yes but he didn't have to give harry food, bed, and clothing. He's a cunt but better that than living on the street.

Man he's a working class man times are tough especially in Surry.

The less obvious answer is so he could teach children to defend themselves. But he also had access to some school resources he might have made personal use of and wanted people to still suspect him of being on Voldemort's side as per Dumbledore's insightfulness.

>Yes but he didn't have to give harry food, bed, and clothing

He wanted to, if they really didn't want Harry to live with them they could have put him up for adoption and he'd possibly have lived a much happier childhood, since they screen people for mental illness and shit. I mean, maybe not England in the 80s but idk.

>consume nothing but pop culture waste
>ask dumb questions about it
why are potter drones the dumbest out of all of them?

Exactly so from this information I can only theorize that uncle vernin was a good guy after all?

It doesn't matter anyway because Harry was a horcrux who corrupted those around him.

I don't think that's how it works, it ain't the one ring nigga.

He saw teaching people to fight the dark arts as redemption

Because Harry Potter is an action movie and defense is the code word of action

>defense against the dark arts
Oh fuck the evolution of English is evil! Truely evil!
ministry of war ministry of defense
war pact security pact
martial training self defense training
Japanese Army Japanese Self Defense Force

i know these are words from real world English not from wizard world, right?
You would think that it's convenient for the author to just declare that in the wizard world there is a separate set of "strictly defensive" magic, right?
But notice that every time when black magic was used, the "defense" teacher was always the main suspect. That means in that world as in this, "Defense" is treated as a synonym of "Offense". He teaches his students black magic.