>Avatar universe - dead
>Adventure Time - slowly dying
>Steven Universe - slowly dying

Is era of "muh lore, muh worldbuilding" cartoons really ending? Will you miss it?

Adventure Time and Steven Universe are hardly lore filled fantasy since more than half the episodes are pointless filler

Star vs is doing all right.

This is a good thing, the sooner shows like that die off the sooner that Avery & Clampett stop turning in their grave.

Now just to make sure that Young Justice & Samurai Jack only get 1 extra season so that intelligent comedies come back to us full time.

It's not Disney however.

>What happen?
You didn't watch them.

I absolutely refuse to accept Korra as a canon.
Mainly because it breaks everything established in TLA

Steven Universe is such a shitty show and it absolutely fucking fails at "lore/world building"

Like how does Rose not know what a fucking baby is?
The reason why she began the rebellion was because she had a nature boner, yet she even know how life begins?

Why can't we have both?

Of those three, only Avatar does muh lore, muh worldbuilding right

Because it is basically shounen instead of CalArts

Fake anime = bad, at least Cal-Arts had original styles
Yes I did, lets just leave it as that.

Because TMSfag only like one type of cartoon

No, far from it.

Because she is a alien who has no knowledge of human sexuality and reproduction who also happens to be pro not having the planet ripped apart to make gem people?

>alien who has no knowledge

>be on a planet with virtually nothing to do for 6000 years
>don't even learn how life there works

That's what Sup Forums calls great writing

It's dead and they never knew where to go with the world-building. And SU focuses a lot more on SoL than world-building, sadly.

That's not what she said.

She knows what a baby is.

I don't get what you are saying. She just said that she needed time to conect that the human race grown and change so much.

I have been watching KND recently and honestly, it's much better at lore and worldbuilding than Steven Universe and Gravity Falls. I am not sure about Adventure Time though, since I have only watched 12 episodes of that show.

No, I won't. They can't die fast enough.

... said user, even tho everyone agreedvwith him, without providing any kind of argument whatsoever.

Most people old and young have no idea how life in other countries work. Examples being westerners thinking all of africa i sub saharan shit or asians who think every American is fat with a gun on their hip.

Super advanced rock aliens who spend most of their time doing alien shit not having a clue how humans actually work is logical.

>Steven watches TV 24/7
>Lived with his dad for at least 10 years
>doesn't know what school is

She's on Earth for 6000 years and Crystal Gems can travel all around the world using their teleports. And for most of the time they just fuck around doing nothing. She should know literally everything about Earth and it's inhabitants with so much time and with Gem super-brain.

Steven Universe has next to no worldbuilding.

But I will miss the "era", if two shows qualifies as an era.

The original Avatar was actually good though.

Korra was complete garbage, but still.

As far as we know they're immortal beings. Meaning their perception of time would be different than us and paying attention to finer details of human lives when it changes so radically is a mute point. Just think about how different we now compared to 1916 or even 1996. If I'm a superior alien who measures my age in centuries, why would I give a shit about beings with life spans of gnats?

They also seem to know somethings about humans considering they partake in the fashion and can play our instruments.

the fact you care about SU is why cartoon's are dying. It's the harbinger of the end times.

Avatar is better than Steven tho

If humans could converse on a basically equal level with gnats, we would definitely all know and care a lot about gnats.

Good, maybe now they can focus on actual good animation rather than the shit they have right now.

>Shit-Bionic Titan
kek

What's dying is TV.

People don't tune in weekly to watch serialized shows anymore, ESPECIALLY on Cartoon Network and the like, which are plagued by hiatuses and schedule changes.

You know the reason they do the "bomb" format now? For the above reason. Getting people to tune into a marathon is far, far easier than hoping they'll tune in next week to catch the next episode.

In the age of DVRs, torrents, and instant streaming, serialized TV is going to be dead and is only on life-support because of cultural phenomenons like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead where people want to be part of the ongoing conversation.

Netflix is the next destination for serialized shows focusing on drama, action and world-building. There's a reason Avatar reached a whole new audience when it was on Netflix and why the movement to revive Young Justice only gained traction once it was on Netflix. Producers need to tell these channels to fuck off and get themselves on streaming services, because they may hate that CN and Nick are turning to spamming reruns and putting shows on hiatus to build up "bombs", but they're doing the smart thing that will help their channels survive.

Being on Netflix doesn't guarantee success though. That's why it's shit.

Shit taste identified

This. I have not watched any of the shows on television in years. It's all been through websites.
And you're right about Netflix and other similar services being the next step.
Voltron begs to differ.
The How to Drain your Tragon/other dreamwork mini-series seem to be highly watched as Netflix exclusives.
So does Bojack Horseman, the Awesomes, Last Man on Earth, etc etc.

Nothing guarantees success, but Netflix sure as hell offers more of a guarantee than CN.

>voltron
Fujoshit.

>but they're doing the smart thing that will help their channels survive
Maybe, though it's hard to tell if they're also sacrificing whatever chance at long term stability they may have to make a desperate stab at keeping the numbers artificially inflated in the short term. Eating the seeds (by dumping everything in these scattered "bombs") instead of planting the seeds (by airing episodes once a week in a predictable patient way.)

Except for the first one (the original) the lore for them sucked fucking balls. I am of the opinion that there is no one capable of doing good lore anymore.

It was a bad show, and it's been cancelled. Stop pretending like it was good, jesus.

>all these defending and assumptions on SU

...Yeah guys! Those were totally explained clearly in the show! Go team!

>Confirmed someone who only knows Voltron through the threads and not actually watching the show.

There is not a single instance of homoerotic or anything homosexual in that show. Not even hints. Not even hints of hints. The most romance they got is one shit trying to flirt with the Alien Princess and one of the pilots having a crush on an Alien Rock Girl.

To be fair, got to give the T.V. channels some credit. This is all new terrain (despite it being years in the making). They have nothing to relate this too. Since the 50s T.V. has been unchallenged, kicking movies and radio in the nuts. Now they're challenged and it's been six decades. What do you do? What mode of response do you make? What historical evidence do you use to make up for it?
Radio didn't survive except in cars and niches. Movies stuck with big theatrical premiers and dropped smaller cartoons/news reels. T.V. is fumbling blind in how they should proceed.

Compared to SU just about anything you can compare it with is good.

Next thing you'll say is Megas XLR and Motorcity is bad

i can't watch anything that was animated by studio mir though

Solid lore building.
Frequent episodes while it was being aired.
Likable characters that GREW as characters.
Romances that did not pander and were actually interesting.
Did not delve TOO deep into teenage angst drama.
Created by our lord and savior Genndy Tartakovsky.
Action.
Robots.
Aliens.
Another planet being occupied by alien monster nazi-troopers.

Sorry what was bad about it?

Uh okay.

No we fucking wouldn't. Humans don't even give half a shit about each other or the parts of the environment that fucking keep us alive, what retarded notion makes you think we would ever give a fuck about gnats just because we could talk to them?

Genndy is overrated. His style is aesthetically unpleasing. His action is super choppy.

That's basically the vast majority of corporate America at the moment, to be fair. Everyone is desperately grasping to keep some semblance of their existing business model in this rapidly changing landscape. This fella has it totally right.

And really, for all we know the reason for the bombs may in part be some executive who desperately wants to keep the show on the air, but others want it to go away because the weekly/rerun ratings aren't good enough, so said executive pushes for the bombs because they have much better looking ratings.

Take it from someone who works in the corporate area of a certain rapidly dying retail chain: there are plenty of people there who understand WHY they're dying and the simple changes that could save them, but all it takes is one moron with power to ruin everything. So pretty much all we can do is try to help small corners of the business while we look for another job to jump off the goddamn sinking ship.

No lesbian space rocks.

In what fantasy land? It's CN's strongest show that isn't TTG.

She knew what a baby is, she said she started off not knowing what it is when she first saw one because why would she.

>having this shit taste
List off your favorites then. Let us gauge what is 'good' and 'not good'.

If gnats were sapient and were capable of talking to us you'd bet your ass we'd care a lot more about them. We already care a lot more about some animals over others because they exhibit more intelligence than others. I.E. Dolphins, dogs, cats, etc etc. We have movies and shit about that and people and cultural taboos involving these things.

Granted, we probably wouldn't enter the Gnatian-Human Peace Accord with them, but you'd be sure as hell there'd be serious implications with equal rights between humans and gnats, and the ongoing conflict with that.

why the fuck is everyone on Sup Forums so obsessed with everything having lore
it's the reason why slapstick is dead, everyone just wants muh lore in everything, it's retarded

>It's CN's strongest show that isn't TTG

Yeah right. That's why it's on constant hiatus and they show about 1 new episode per month. This is totally how you handle your "strongest show"

You don't have anything to discuss if there's no lore or worlbuilding and this is discussion board.

You can discuss animation though.

Good

man korra haters are pathetic

Korra hater*, at this point I'm sure it's the same individual

Eh, lots of ATLA was pointless filler also, especially season one. Doesn't necessarily take away from the lore filled fantasy.

There are clear parallels between SU and ATLA in terms of story progression when SU gets off its ass and starts telling a story. AT is trash though.

>lorefags STILL think SU is about the lore
it's not.

>Being on Netflix doesn't guarantee success though. That's why it's shit.
How is that different than TV?