Why do canadians suck at making cartoons?

Why do canadians suck at making cartoons?
I can't believe we integrated this shit into german tv, this was so cringy and almost gave me autism when i was child!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27SS8Pnmrok
youtube.com/watch?v=TijcoS8qHIE
youtube.com/watch?v=4Fj58MNVFjs
youtube.com/watch?v=h3QYkqf2v4U
youtube.com/watch?v=8lUe46EOcvY
youtube.com/watch?v=eLU97sXo8QU
youtube.com/watch?v=vs4zkcBX-mA
youtube.com/watch?v=Vi7H-6jCswo
youtube.com/watch?v=-VhW4sZkPRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=n2sPVMu0eHs
youtube.com/watch?v=scNN3MJ9ZX0
youtube.com/watch?v=i7Jvm7CG8lU
youtube.com/watch?v=nR3Sqpk1GBM
youtube.com/watch?v=mKKtvW5jACM
youtube.com/watch?v=mGY9PM9tR2s
youtu.be/gO_KxGlY62g
youtube.com/watch?v=upsZZ2s3xv8
youtube.com/watch?v=6MpbK4Fi8rs
youtube.com/watch?v=oW9f04Dctz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's shit for us too. It's just an undercover signal to send kids play outside.

youtube.com/watch?v=27SS8Pnmrok
:)
Also I got super spooked by this:
youtube.com/watch?v=TijcoS8qHIE

To explain the many bad Canadian Cartoons.

Canadian TV has certain Canadian culture requirements because with 70% trade with the US and the US having the dominent world culture we'd have no culture otherwise. Also, Canada realized they could bring a lot of jobs to the country if they undercut the US when it came to film as Canadian cities look very similar to the US, and undercutting them is better than the alternative of Canadians leaving to join the American industry, so we developed quite a media empire here and animation sort of came along with that.

All this combined meant Canada had a lot of animators and needed to pump out content to meet content requirements for kids channels. Thus, shitty Canadian Cartoons. Still our shitty cartoons are better than the vast majority of other countries shitty cartoons, so our trash like Angela Anaconda gets aired in Krautland. It's basically the result of government incentives to make media even if that media is pretty shit.

>when Canadians try to do anime

youtube.com/watch?v=4Fj58MNVFjs

They're the cheap alternative to having an American studio do it. It makes sense, given their comparative lack of experience, much smaller talent pool, and cheaper going rates.

What always makes me laugh is when American cartoon channels use them, and it's always so obvious that it's Canadians making them. The animation quality is subpar, and the voice actors all clearly have that weird way of pronouncing "out".

Semi-related, but I remember watching Goosebumps as a kid and instantly realized it was made in Canada due to the funny pronunciations from the actors. Actually made me like it less.

FUCK YEAR HOUSE HIPPO

My anaconda don't

>Youll never wake up Saturday morning with your brothers and dad to watch WB kids and eat cereal again

Canada is still better at making cartoons than most nations:

>Toad Patrol
>Redwall
>Reboot
>Beast Wars
>Stickin Around
>Martin Mystery
>Cybersix

Definitely not as good as USA or Japan, but better than Europe.

Throwing a bunch of money at cartoonists produced a ton of trash, but occasionally they struck gold.

These days 2d animation is basically never done within Canada itself, it's mostly east Asian countries that control the industry now, they even animate the simpsons. Canada is starting to make inroads into the VFX industry though, Sausage Party being produced by Canadians is a sign of that.

you remember this guy here? also gave me canadian autism

Ed, Edd n Eddy, ReBoot, Tripping the Rift, Inspector Gadget, The Ripping Friends, The Raccoons, Clone High, Beast Wars, MOTHERFUCING CAPTAIN STAR...Canada has some fine cartoons.

Haven't you seem south park? It's because they are all blocky, with flapping heads.
Even their cars have square tires.

I don't know why you would complain about Angela Anaconda when this is by far the worst Canadian TV export ever.

I've been involved raising more kids than anybody on Sup Forums rightly should be. Caillou had an interesting effect on kids, kids would see him crying and whining, which he does in every fucking episode, and copy him. He's probably the worst influence on childrens television. Fuck this luekemia having little shit.

Well that's because Angela was an autist and it just rubbed off on you.
Plus the show sucked, definitely no Cyber Six, Reboot, or Pipi Longstocking.

Don't forget Ed Edd n Eddy, Inspector Gadget and Magic School Bus.

You mean you didn't like the diary of anne frank?

wie bitte?

i liked o canada

dude this guy was the best man. all you have to remember is hensle and grettle or however you spell it in nazi lingo

you lying cunt. they produce better qt's than america.

>western """""""""""animation"""""""

holy shit the nostalgia the hippo commercial just gave me

He's fucking spoiled.
"Wahhh it's too dark, and I'm not tired"
>Parents wake up
>They read caillou a bedtime story
>He goes to sleep
>The father looks down on him like he wants to slit his throat.

and this show is awesome too

>Crash

>Canyon

>

i whole heartedly agree OP. canadian cartoons fucking sucked

they give me lots of nostalgia though

im actually shocked you guys used to watch canadian cartoons. why did germany play leaf cartoons?

i didn't say i didn't like the show. also never insult hänsel und gretel

anime is shit
SHIT

Holy shit I forgot about that

How could you not love this Canadian bracefaced blondie?

What the fuck is that?
Looks like a madoka hallucination.

Yvon of the Yukon is my favourite.

I don't think it could air today, the show is leaking with stereotypes that would be considered quite racist to today's crowd.

ight i wasn't insulting them either. just all you really had that was notable

Sorry but Canada can't say anything after one looks at the abomination that is Angela Anaconda.

A lot of European countries got Leaf cartoons because their countries didn't make good cartoons.

That's why Canadian cartoons have a bad reputation. They were really bad. If they didn't air outside of Canada, nobody would give a damn because nobody would know they even existed.

My first girlfriend was a girl who looked like and sounded like Angela Anaconda. She was a crazy jewish bitch. Thanks Canada.

see Japanese (((animation))) absolutely blown the fuck out.

was such a based redpill show too. literally one of my top 5 shows

/thread

What the fuck

you forgot heidi

youtube.com/watch?v=h3QYkqf2v4U
I wonder if it aired in Quebec. The French stereotype must have pissed them off.

How can Germany even compete?

If that's the best you have then truly western """"""animation"""""""" is doomed.

I rewatched the episodes available on youtube. It's kind of crazy what they got away with putting on that show. I guess it's because they made fun of everything.

huh, neat

It aired in Québec and it was fuckin' hilarious.

didnt even know we had this reputation

>canadian animation sucks
>implying germany has any animated series

this show was amazing though

the host wink yahoo was always cracked out, and i used to think the punisher was my dad

THE HOUSE HIPPO!
Do you remember the "what's your thing" commercial?

I had such a boner for Angela Anaconda. Freckle face tomboys is such a turn on for me

I remember before I discovered how to masturbate, I would sit on my bed naked watching totally spies and playing with my dick, not really knowing why

only LEAFS will understand this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=8lUe46EOcvY

>Canadian cartoons

I imagine kids like it, but I figured the way Yvon was portrayed would have pissed some parents off. Or maybe parents were less uptight in the 90's.

>Beast Wars
>Reboot
>Martin Mystery
>Ed Edd Eddie
>The Boy
>Inspector Gadget
>Stickin' Around
>Freaky Stories
>60's Spider-Man
>Mona the loli Vampire
>Rupert
>Chilly Beach
>etc

However the reason you see a shit tonne of Canadian shovelware tier cartoon shows is because of the CRTC which mandates more than 30% of content on Canadian television must be of Canadian origin, and so there's desperation for Canadian networks to fund and create and air cheap shitty cartoons to meet their Canadian content quotas and virtually zero incentive to make good cartoons in Canada anymore because they're all so needy for new Canadian shows that they'll pick up virtually anything good or bad.

For some reason they seem to export the really crummy ones meant for toddlers, or little girls.

I guess those are the cheap cartoons countries want though.

I literally just got done watching that Gundam episode

>tfw

youtube.com/watch?v=eLU97sXo8QU

>implying i had a father
>inb4 nigger
Nope, Aussie dad. Child abandonment is the ultimate form of bantz.

now THIS show was pure autism

i never understood anything that was happening ever

there was never a plot of any form and all the kids were retarded

I dont understand this video

Why do Canadians suck at anything in general?

what was the one about the kid with the speech impediment where he said the last word of a sentence twice

i remember that being okay

huh, never knew ed edd n eddy was canadian
that show was the shit

I remember that being some filler thing, but it was very creepy. I preferred the safety stuff with mice and not putting foreign poisonous objects in my mouth.

Oh shitfucking Christ thanks for reminding me about that rats with the cheese on the trap commercial.

It was basically "These are kids, and we have silly imaginations, look how wacky we are." The show.

>canadian commercials
youtube.com/watch?v=vs4zkcBX-mA

Jacob Two-Two

Is caillou a M.D ?

holy shit i forgot about fucking nanalan HAHAHAHAHHAHA

who remembers this retarded penguin?

>Inspector Gadget
that was Canadian?

There was also Are You Afraid of the Dark. I liked that.

>no mention of Courage yet

Nothing else could compete.

Most suck but John Kricfalusi, the most red-pilled living animator is Canadian.

Doubt it pissed any parents off, really...the dude's an animated 1700s French ''caveman''. Anyway, none of our cartoons will ever be as great as ReBoot and Captain Star were

>no mention of Ripping Friends
youtube.com/watch?v=Vi7H-6jCswo

This show was weird as fuck man

I don't think it is as much of a sign of Canada making inroads into the industry as it is a sign that East Asia is making inroads into Canada.

youtube.com/watch?v=-VhW4sZkPRQ

Thanks Canada.

Redwall is was my wake up call to study medieval history

Yea they had that here in the US for a while and all I could think was dead girl puppetry

BRADLEY

German TV gives me autism.

>totally spies
youtube.com/watch?v=n2sPVMu0eHs
>Storm Hawks
youtube.com/watch?v=scNN3MJ9ZX0
>kid vs kat
youtube.com/watch?v=i7Jvm7CG8lU
>team galaxy
youtube.com/watch?v=nR3Sqpk1GBM
>being ian
youtube.com/watch?v=mKKtvW5jACM
>jacob two-two
youtube.com/watch?v=mGY9PM9tR2s

Parents just shrugged it off "Meh, And what?" I mean, It's nice generous caricature.

I miss Reboot. My fear is they'll do a shitty reboot of Reboot with cringy modern references.

Jacob Two-Two

I think he was around pre-cartoon and it was based off a Canadian book or something.

>Americans

youtu.be/gO_KxGlY62g

courge was a hanna-barbera cartoon (american)
the same animated short that made scooby-doo

thats why it was good

Oh man. I forgot about this.

>My Little Pony
>Beast Wars
>War Planets
>Reboot

Yeah Canadians suck at animation m8

>we'd have no culture otherwise
Our culture is that of the pioneer.

But of course, realizing this would mean you're a racist.

youtube.com/watch?v=upsZZ2s3xv8

You ignore the Secret, Ugly truth...

Being Ian was shit.

Made me think Canada is basically the woods. I thought it was all in maine

the guys that made ren and stimpy and the ripping friends were hilarious

youtube.com/watch?v=6MpbK4Fi8rs

>youtube.com/watch?v=upsZZ2s3xv8
Always liked this.

And "The cat came back the very next day".
youtube.com/watch?v=oW9f04Dctz4

stickin around was the shit :D 10/10 wish i could relive

how killer would it be if there was a drug that made it feel like u were 6 again? man the 90s / early 2000s were the dons for growing up.

That show was awesome stfu OP.

that janitor is so fucking done with this school
>fucking made me laugh/10