What is the Sup Forumsnsensus on pic related? I watched some epidodes for the first time at a friends yesterday...

What is the Sup Forumsnsensus on pic related? I watched some epidodes for the first time at a friends yesterday, and I was getting a phantom menace vibe with all the political talk and annoyingly "cutesy" kid characters. Also is it me or is the animation worse then the original? Am I right to think like this or do I just need to warm up to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bnxKm3D5fVI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra#Ratings
youtube.com/watch?v=cFp13ogOqeE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Korra's massive breasts.

Book 1 and book 2 are worst seasons. It gets good in book 3 and 4.

Also lesbians.

it's shit past season 1. don't watch it.

Just watch it with sound and subtitles off, because thevwritting is shit. Also don't watch the last four episodes of each season.

Just make up your own story, anything is better than cannon script.

Season 1 was ruined after they destroyed the integrity of the villain and the equalist subplot. Every subsequent session handled the final arc of their subsequent villain much more thoroughly.

Now I'm conflicted

Ignore everything this user said. It's not a perfect show but it's still worth watching.

Book 4 is boring as all hell and the antagonist is shit. Also lesbians.
Book 3 is the only season worth a damn.

4 is garbage

Season 1 was the second-worst season.

Does anyone actually believe OP? Because this just seems like another circlejerk waiting to happen.

Korra has an amazing body.

The animation isn't terrible. It's actually pretty good, it's just hard to compare. Both AtLA and Korra had their off episodes. Studio Mir's pretty consistent in Korra, just ignore season 2 when they swapped to Studio Pierrot (except for the Wan origin episodes since those were done by Mir.)

So in AtLA, you'll have scenes like related

versus in Korra, you'll like stuff like this. It's definitely not bad.

Storywise, Korra is a fucking downgrade from AtLA and that's just being nice. The closest you'll get to a somewhat coherent story that's interesting and fun is season 3 with the Red Lotus.

Book 1 starts strong but keeps getting worse until it absolutely shits the bed at the end. Book 2 is like that the whole way through.

Book 3 is actually a huge jump up in quality - Close to ATLA. Then it drops down again in Book 4, though not quite as bad as the first two seasons.

> I was getting a phantom menace vibe
Kind of a dead giveaway.

Personally, I enjoy the fights more in Korra because it's like watching an animated martial arts show.

tl;dr: Just watch the show first to experience it then immediately go back to AtLA.

Should have stayed as a one season miniseries. Also the Tumblr pandering the writers did in season four was ridiculous. And then they proceeded to double down saying that anyone who criticized the lesbian stuff was homophobic and watched the show through a "hetero lens" whatever the fuck that means. Left such a bad taste in my mouth.

The soundtrack was great though at least.

They were obviously pandering to korrasami since book 2.

"I've never had a real girlfriend before"

"buy curious"

Come on.

The only thing shocking is that they actually made it canon.

>They were obviously pandering to korrasami since book 2

Were they? Guess I forgot, but they always teased their fanbase with shipping stuff. They did it plenty in ATLA too. Problem is actually going forward with it despite it coming out of nowhere. Doesn't change the fact that it's shit writing and the writers outed themselves as undeniable hacks.

I requested that pic in a drawthread. Was really amazed at the quality of it.

>"I've never had a real girlfriend before"
>"buy curious"

user korra was shit but that wasn't even real

>It gets good in book 3 and 4
when will this meme end?

S03 and S04 were just as bad (perhaps not as bad as S02).

S03 is just a very convenient villain, who happens to get the exact power he trained for years before, with a very stupid motivation (muh chaos). I should also point out that the characters are still dumbed down even in this season.

As for S04, the ending speaks for itself.

>>It gets good in book 3 and 4
>when will this meme end?

It's not a meme, it does get good by book 3, just not 4, it's goodby Korra's standards.

>by Korra's standards
so, like.. 6/10?

No it isn't I'vr seen people fall asleep or ehip out their phobe while watching it.

>6/10
Yes, which isn't bad but not great either.

>S03 is just a very convenient villain, who happens to get the exact power he trained for years before
Coincidences that start the conflict are fine. It's only when they resolve the conflict, like in Books 1 and 2, that it's bad.

Star wars episode 1 comparisson is apt.

Basically anyone could have written a better story than what was presented

Much like how anyone can make a better star wars movie than george lucus after the original trilogy

So in short, just masterbate to all of the quality fan art, rule 34 art and fanfictions. All you need is the first few episodes of each season to remember the voices or just watch clips of fight scenes on youtube.

Don't tell me its the Rape fish from that weird comic. At least have her be fucked by a lionturtle. I didn't ask to see a pure girl like korra get raped

>Coincidences that start the conflict are fine
not if they are helping someone; we're not talking about some sort of disaster; a random event just helped a character, regardless of him being good or evil.

Its generally regarded as terrible
the fanbase has cannibalized itself either trying to defend the show or the creators or trying to argue with the biased shippers who are willing to excuse the bad writing because muh ship

Again, that's not really a problem.

Not worth it. If you're like me and were a big fan of the original, you'll convince yourself to keep watching Korra in the hopes it gets better. Trust me, it doesn't.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 6 is what would be called "good". 5 would be Average, 7 would be great. "bad" is 4 (arguabley 5, depending on what "average" is) and down.

Almost every story starts out with a coincidence/plot convenience to set things into motion. Even ATLA started with Aang being discovered by the only waterbender in the South Pole, just as Zuko happened to be in the area.

Agree. Where is that pic from. I need moar!

>Its generally regarded as terrible
You got a pretty weird definition of "generally regarded"

Like I hate the Force Awakens, but I wouldn't dare to claim it's "generally regarded as terrible"

I think you should stop being autistic

>I hate the Force Awakens, but I wouldn't dare to claim it's "generally regarded as terrible"
Because it isn't.

Korra is. At least on Sup Forums, which is what OP asked. And Sup Forums is right, Korra is terrible.

>Because it isn't.

Oh my god, now you're being retarded too

Also with how Sup Forums works the hate on Sup Forums could just as well be the same autistic faggot

well LOK is not a force awakens
Its a show that had an established fanbase that loved it
then season 1 came and we had a very long break in between seasons
during that time everything was scrutinized and then we got season 2
At that point the show was in a spiral and the fandom generally hated it

Then we got season 3
The show was pulled off the air and the show kinda rebounded but general regard for the show was a mess

Finally Season 4 and the ending which sparked a huge shitstorm
Bryke became hated
the fanbase could no longer hold a civil convo because the show had become that disliked

Its hard not to call it terrible user
I think it had a chance but the narrative against the show is too strong to not call it a terrible sequel to a beloved original

TFA isn't generally regarded as terrible by most of its audience. Maybe on Sup Forums it is, I don't know. In which case if a thread was made about Sup Forums's opinion of TFA, it could be said they generally regard it as terrible there. Just like Korra is generally regarded as terrible on Sup Forums.

I need moar! Gimme the sauce, user!

General Consesus among Sup Forums has typically been;
Book 1
>Not ATLA but it had promise. Pretty decent. Good villain, shit payoff
Book 2
>Okay we're getting worse. Bad villain. Shit payoff. Ships everywhere. (in both meanings)
Book 3
>Getting good again. Really good villain. Interesting change in dynamic with new... stuff to avoid spoilers. Pretty good bittersweet payoff.
Book 4
>And straight down the shitter again. EVA units, wasted potential, more ships, wtf why are we doing this? Confusing story. Cuck hero. Cuck side character. MORE ships. Fuck you ending.

Overall;
Good fights, good throwbacks to ATLA, godawful story (in its own right, not even comparing to ATLA), generally speaking it seems Sup Forums likes some bits and pieces but not enough to warrant watching the show as a whole.

>the fanbase could no longer hold a civil convo because the show had become that disliked
>Its hard not to call it terrible user

Again, with how the site works all the hate and faggotry could just be one or a small group of individuals being massive idiots, there is very few venues outside of here where I see anyone claim it to be terrible

Now one can never trust the internet, but just as a way of showing that Sup Forums isn't absolute, on IMDB LEgend of Korra is higher rated than Force Awakens, and the most popular review states the show is better than the original show (it's not but that's another discussion)

It's a generally well received show which some people dislike

That's my point though, TFA is generally regarded as good by most audiences, I don't think so, but I'm not narcissistic enough to think my views are universal

So I dislike it and I'll argue with anyone who claims it's good, but I'm not surprised that I'm in a minority, just as I wouldn't be surprised that anyone thinking Legend of Korra is terrible would be in a minority out in public

Granted, but I have to agree with user. Fanbase could not hold a civil convo in ANY medium. Sup Forums, Tumblr, Reddit, Facebook, Youtube Comments, in-person gatherings (Fucking should've seen the debates at ComicCon)

I think there is a big difference between a comet hitting earth and changing the battlefield for worst for everyone, and a comet that hits exactly where the villain needs it to hit.

Sup Forums has been pretty divisive, but as stated that's the nature of the site, it could just as well be 100 people who thought the show was great arguing with one really persistent faggot who hated it

Meanwhile I did browse the show's subreddit when the show was airing and besides season 2 people were generally big fans, in the social groups created for the subreddit people couldn't stop fucking gushing about how amazing it was, youtube as well most videos were heaping praise, didn't pay attention to comments as they're usually trash

But point is that just like TFA the show is regarded as a generally good thing, places like Sup Forums is the only place I see people regularly argue about this show

Most people agree it's great, but Sup Forums autists will rage about it since its not 100% the same as the original

>there is very few venues outside of here where I see anyone claim it to be terrible
That's because if you dislike something, you don't talk about it. You only talk about something you love/hate, merely disliking a show, you can just ignore it like most normies did. If you get the number of people that watch the show, and the number of people that comment about it, there is a huge gap.

Were you even on the internet when those people that "agree it is great" were talking about it?

it was literally "has lesbians. 10/10". You have to filter that kind of review, the likes of ign.

that's an average dumbass

They aren't even raging about it not being original, they're raging about it not meeting ludicrous demands, like they demand a Red Lotus backstory episode, I mean it would probably not be bad, but it doesn't make the show terrible that the backstories of the villains are mostly kept as a mystery

Then they complain about Korra having a lack of development, they expect her to be a completely new person in book 4 compared to book 3, but personally as I see it, what happened was that unfortunately there wasn't much growth between book 1 and 2, but what the show did was it took the person from book 1 and 2, broke her in 3, and then she was arisen again in book 4, I think she actually had some development as in book 3 she wanted to absolutely crush the villains, but in book 4 she tried to understand her and tried to have her surrender

>pure girl like korra
u wot m8?

It's shit. It is bad to the extent that it ruins what came before it and anything that could possibly come after it. If I could choose one piece of fiction to unread/unwatch, then I would choose Korra.

Don't listen to these autists it's every bit as good as the original

Well, it's not AS good, but it's pretty good, and compared to the other shit people try to serve as entertainment these days it's pretty fucking good

Fuck you.

Except for the animation in the later seasons or that shit tier romance love triangle sup plot in the first and second season.

It's bad in the sense that it's not entertaining.

>Except for the animation in the later seasons

Compared to what? There is literally no tv channel who makes animation like this anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=bnxKm3D5fVI

>>Compared to what?
The first fucking season. Go watch episode 1 then watch the last or all of book 4. The difference is like night and day.

Change is by far the best season of Korra, and it still doesn't come close to Earth and Fire.

Then you're simply comparing the show to itself, but we're asking about how good the show is, which means you need to compare it to other shows. And honestly, the animation, compared to what?

fuck off retard

Holy shit, season one had so much more detail than anything after.

It's easy to forget but season one had some gorgeous animated sequences. Despite the Deus Ex Aang ending, I honestly think Korra should have stayed a one season miniseries like it was supposed to be.

Every other season added more bad than good, and then we got that abomination of a finale.

Fuck Zaheer was such an amazing antagonist. I think that season completely redeemed the weak points of the previous two. I was super fucking bummed that they made him try to suddenly kill the new air nation....which is the LAST thing his character would have done, but I guess they ended up writing a villain that was far too sympathetic for their own good.

>that's an average dumbass
yet it's how most people saying how it was great were arguing.

I gave up when they said the last couple episodes were good. Hell, some people were arguing how good S04 was without even one mention to the plot; "korra's character arc was great" "we get to see RC again, yay!"... stuff like that. You see, these people just don't care about a coherent plot. And don't get me wrong, people who value other aspects aren't wrong (character design, setting, etc). But these aspects are nothing without plot.

>Zaheer was such an amazing antagonist
He had a ridiculous motivation.

Creating sympathetic villains seemed to be a common theme, except for Unalaq people talk a lot about how the villains were in the right or how they were simply misguided

Book 3 is the only decent season in its entirety.

Honestly people give up arguing about the plot because it's fucking subjective and it doesn't help saying Kuvira was an interesting villain in that she honestly were fighting a good cause until she started seeing everyone not under her thumb as enemies, when someone who didn't like the show will just go "nah, she was boring"

Like personally I like the last season of Legend of Korra, in comparison I think the last season of Game of Thrones is a travesty

> it's fucking subjective
it's not subjective when a villain do shit that will cause him to lose for no reason. It wasn't subjective, for example, when Unalaq attacked the south tribe for literally no reason, or when Kuvira decided to go inside RC with a weapon that can shoot at kilometers of distance.

It's just plot holes, and why people ignore them is beyond me.

>Most people agree it's great,

Wrong, most people dropped it when it was airing and never picked it back up. It's blu-rays were a flop, only on the charts for one week before disappearing entirely, and its ratings were nothing but a straight downward shot throughout.

There's just no way to slice it, when the show had the worst ratings of any major show in season 3, everyone blamed the lack of advertising. Then when those ratings stayed down, everyone blamed the leaks. When the episodes made it past the leaked ones and then went down again, everyone blamed pretty much anything they could blame besides the obvious, people dropped the show and they dropped it hard, and they just plain didn't come back. It was the perfect mirror to Avatar, where that show started low and through great writing built a fanbase that held on through ridiculous time changes, massive hiatuses between the first and second half of one season, and a lack of advertising when the latter half of season three finally came back, they stuck with it and the show ended with ratings that blew everything else out of the water and blew away all expectations.

Korra started strong, riding off how much everyone loved what came before, then they just left her behind. It was just too much to ask to pay attention when the show changed timeslot, or after a hiatus, and they didn't give it.

I can't give a fully informed opinion, but ATLA was (still is) my favorite cartoon ever, and I dropped Korra in the middle of Season 2. Season 1 had a good setup but disappointing ending, and Season 2 was boring at best and just kept getting worse and I just stopped caring. I still watch ATLA once a year because of its greatness but Korra just didn't do it for me.

>It's blu-rays were a flop

Compared to what? Season 4 Blue ray of Legend of Korra is #480 in best seller rank in its category this month on Amazon, meanwhile season 1 Blue Ray of Steven Universe sits at #1707 in the same category, last season of Adventure Time sits at #492

The consensus is either that the show is terrible (if you hate women) or that it is marvelous (if you are an adult).

>most people dropped it when it was airing and never picked it back up

>no source

k

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra#Ratings

That's basic knowledge.

Season one was the peak for me. Amon was a massive let down himself, but the Equalists were a good group of enemies compared to the other villains of LoK and that Lieutenant was always fun to watch fighting.

youtube.com/watch?v=cFp13ogOqeE

It's not that the villains were particularly sympathetic, it's that the "heroes" were painfully unsympathetic.

Sounds like you're either a communist or an anarchist scum

I loved how no matter how naturally talented Zaheer was at airbending that he couldn't job Tenzin. I give respect to the writers on that one. It made Tenzin look so badass.

Pretty much this. I never liked any of the main cast, and they just got worse over time. Ironically, I went from hating Mako to somewhat liking him during that scene where he's about to sacrifice himself in Kuvira's Mech. But that's as close as I came to liking any of the cast. Korra herself just got worse and worse.

At least the writers got that right. Zaheer was skilled sure, but he shouldn't have been able to do shit to an actual Airbending master and it took all of the Red Lotus to bring him down.

>he shouldn't have been able to do shit to an actual Airbending
He shouldn't be able to do shit against any bender. Even then, he escapes in two weeks and defeats master level benders, going as far as developing a new technique in such a short time.

>the Rape fish from that weird comic
Why did you have to make me remember that shit user ?

It's a disappointment.

>What is the Sup Forumsnsensus on pic related?

The real mystery here is why do korra threads with this question in the op keep being made on a weekly basis.

The mistakes started with turning Asami into a good guy instead of keeping her as an equalist spy.

>master level benders
The previous time the White Lotus got involved in the plot they were less competent than Tenzin's kids in fighting off Equalists.

>"For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been'."

> that pic

is fucking retarded, just so you know.

Cringe

>Ywn come up with original ideas that interest people so all you can do is call OC and creativity cringe
Feels bad man

You really shouldn't suck your own dick, user. It's considered bad form.

I think the majority of the animation in Korra was probably better than ATLAB.

Season 1: Eh.

S2: BLEH.

S3. Cool.

S4: Eh.