/tog/ - The Orville General

Male Alien Race That Lays Eggs Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=it0JJ7il-Es
youtube.com/watch?v=TBdoTyC3V34
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop making these with Seth's face

i like this show. I really don't give a fuck what Sup Forums says. I just want a fun sci-fi show, is that so bad? I mean fuck, we already have so many depressing drama dotted throughout the week. Can I just have this one? Seriously, I like it. fuck off.

Sucks that the alien chick is gonna get fucked by some random black

>somebody green lit this

how are the alien waifus in this show

how lovecraftian are the alien designs?

Best scene coming through
- youtube.com/watch?v=it0JJ7il-Es

STD shills mad to see white people having fun adventures in space is going to btfo their grimdark privilege-checking space opera.

Dead on arrival.

that's the face seth is gonna b making when his show gets renewed while std gets cancelled after the 4th episode (and nbc puts all of them online and then announces that std is part 1 of an anthology of st, with the next one being set in the future - i.e. after ds9/voyager)

speculation about the all-male species: maybe they're not all-male. maybe for religious or cultural or other reasons, they hide or suppress their females. like the tleilaxu. or maybe their species split like the badoon and the dc guardians.

one child policy gone horribly wrong

They are both bad.

Orville is a fun watch. It's been ten years of Dystopian bullshit by now, and MacFarlane was absolutely right when he said there we needed a show set in a future where we humans got our shit together. I don't care if it's original or not. It's sci-fi comfort food.

Post your qt Halstons

the other bitch is way hotter

why was the last thread full of her?

>that's the face seth is gonna b making when his show gets renewed

That's because Fox can't stop riding Seth MacFarlanes dick, even though he hasn't been funny in a decade.

>even though he hasn't been funny in a decade.
Then Orville is a good transition for him then. It has just enough comedy to remain fun and comfy.

Reminder that Shatner is rooting for Orville over STD.

I liked the first two episodes way more than I care to admit.

The sci-fi is on fucking point, but the comedy falls so flat.

Kind of a love-hate thing

I'm surprised I don't hate this, top background noise

>sold the same show 3 times
>executive at 23
>didn't want to be walt disney wanted to become even greater
>films movies to hit on actresses
>wont stop making back to the future jokes
>sings jazz in free time
>roasted the fucking president on tv

chad macfarlane?

As if based Shat would sully his reputation by appearing in STD.

no place in star trek for privileged white males, so progressive to have a black lead for once

STD fannies are this mad

Where will you be when Shatner makes a cameo in Orville?

They cant be male if they reproduce asexually. And laying eggs makes that individual female by definition if that race had sexes.

Sup Forums loves it you fucking newfag

Shitposting about it with /ourguy/ shat

This is a trek thread, dumbass. This shit's been around longer than Internet 1.0

this
but right wingers only want the usual depressing, everything is bad etc. scenarios because they can't separate fiction from reality

As much as i hate this cunt and find him unfunny i admire that he just does whatever he wants

I wonder how much CBS is paying shills to derail Orville threads.

You guys really gonna keep up these threads for two more months? Good lord why

Because it's supremely comfy, CBS shill.

>Orville-Sundays at 8-7c on Fox.jpg

They are moving to Thursdays.

maybe they do not lay eggs he just said that (a race secret or whatever reason) and they're assigned/given eggs like the dreen.

youtube.com/watch?v=TBdoTyC3V34

best egg scene

His career has had a weird trajectory. He was a Hanna Barbera bitch until he pitched to Fox. They gave him a pittance so he did the first episode entirely by himself on his kitchen table.

Post yfw the dumpster fire that is CBS All-Access is shut down from a complete lack of public interest.

>dubs speak prophetic truth
>mfw

except right-wingers like The Orville

everyone who isn't a depressed faggot likes The Orville. It's not about Sup Forums its about comfy fun.
Drop the Sup Forums shit nobody here cares.

>mfw I realize that Star Trek: Discovery is going to get BTFO by a Seth MacFarlane sideproject

What's even funnier is that Orville actually has heart.

Cause even if you don't like Seth, you can't deny he actually cares about Star Trek. He is an actual fan, which is probably why it's so good. He didn't infect his stupid shit into it like he did with that stupid western comedy he did. Orville is actually good.

>watch STD trailer
>sad tune at start then angsty teengirl song
>chick drama monologue about being emotionally lost

it's written for soap opera fangirls

>klingons are now dressed like lady gaga

and also for lady gaga drama queens

>It's been ten years of Dystopian bullshit by now
In what way?

I absolutely hate Seth, and you're absolutely right, devilman. Clunky as the show itself is (in an endearing low-budget way, like the office chairs) you can tell Seth is really going for what he loved to see in the show, and damn if he doesn't actually pull it off.

He's literally the worst part of the show.Please stop making threads with this irl pepe

When you compare him to all the Trek Captains, he's actually NOT that bad. And he is probably going to be better than STD captain.

>orville reviews before it airs
>muh penis jokes, gender identity, literally hitler, 5% rating on sites
and then people enjoyed it while the critics hated it

>std reviews before it airs
>omg bringing diversity to a franchise that has never had diversity, literally the first black lead character, drumfs are klangons BTFO
>999% from critics on sites

this shit is so obviously pre-planned it could be its own comedy.

This. Jason Isaacs played villains in all of his roles, no way he'll ever be a good captain.

The retarded sheep joke got a chuckle out of me.

The important thing is that we saw through the conspiracy early so we know to only support The Orville and not even bother watching STD.

i'll give it a few eps but i'm expecting sjw trek. i don't want another prequel anyways let alone one with identity politics as a main driving force. and the fucking lens flare, stop it.

Fuck of shill. Both shows are fucking terrible.

Literally this entire thread is samefagging shills.

I'll do the same, but I have a feeling everything you said is probably spot on. Fuck... why can't I have a Star Trek show that is post TNG or post DS9? Enterprise sucked.

>lady gaga drag queen butthurt std panned

Why do you think he's the "worst" part?

>of

Can you believe people still take critic consensus as some authority?

Here's your (You)

It's the new norm so it's actually brave for Seth to be doing something more traditional in an era where everyone thinks comfy shows like Trek won't work anymore. I think the only series with forced diversity that exceeded my expectations was Elementary, and only because they avoided the sexual tension angle, identity politics and girl power while actually focusing on the mysteries and comfy character development. Also helped that BBC Sherlock was a complete dumpster fire with more queerbaiting than a pride parade.

i rewatched enterprise last year for the first time since it aired and it was a lot better than i remember. s4 was going great but it was to late by then.

because writers and production staff are untalented campgay femmefags who learned how to buttkiss network bosses when they worked on soap opera shows. so when their buttkissing and whispermongering gets them the project they'll of course create a boring soap opera for females and fakegirls.

Gotham is still FOX's best show. Will Orville air a Halloween themed episode?

>male
>lays eggs
But that's what a female is though.
It doesn't matter if the eggs are microscopic and the birth is live, or if the eggs are in a nest with a shell.

Eggs make females. And no, hormones don't change that. If you think you've seen a "man" give birth what you really saw was a mutilated female give birth.

Yes it's bad.

Now stfu and go re-watch BSG.

It's weird, I don't get what it is supposed to be. It's not really a comedy (at least judging from ep 2, ep 1's jokes fell flat mostly), and it's not science-fiction. It's just sort of a lukewarm star trek homage with stupid plots and zany characters that don't really work. I'd say it was a kids show but it has a lot of adult elements, so it's neither that or a family show yet it's too immature for adults. Which leaves me wondering who the demographic even is (teens?). There's no way this show will get renewed.

More proof that DIS will be good, Shatner has always had shit taste.

I'm not re-watching BSG that's almost 9 years old. Keep sucking the black critic dick pleb. I'll watch what I want, fuck off.

She's so jewish it hurts.

trek has never had a problem with diversity or anything like that which is why its laughable they are even trying to push it as an issue. they don't even know what they're talking about.

>DIS

kek DIS is worse than STD try harder

How much is Seth spending for these shill threads for his shitty show?

>tfw you find out he was evil the entire time
>abuses his muggle crew for not being purebloods
>stronk black woman steps up to be the captain everyone needs

Bet me this won't happen.

I'm actually psyched about the show I just don't like the fact that the Klingons are purple poop-monsters.

>spending anything to post on Sup Forums

>He thinks I meant 21st century terrorism BSG

I was talking about Galactica-1980, it's a fun campy ride you're sure to enjoy!

It could only lose you money.

But I wouldn't be surprised if that was happening on Facebook, or even Plebbit.

Nobody here likes the new Star trek. It's shit. And so is Orville. Whatever you're being paid to shill, it's too much.

M8, it's not just the shitty critics. User ratings for Orville are mediocre at best. Sorry that nobody likes your shitty show, Seth.

std is spending money on it for sure

I'm betting she'll become his nigger sex slave that he calls his pet femonkey. She'll spend the remaining episodes naked wearing just boots and a collar with a Starfleet insignia, her black whore tits out and her shaved coon pussy exposed for all the white male crew members to use at their convenience. Screencap this.

where the fuck did the tree get all the minerals\water\sunlight ?

Haven't watched it, haven't watched any trailers, only seen some stills - what's the ship combat like or have they not done any of that yet.

it has a self replicating feed bag powered by a small reactor, pay attention next time

Probably not much and more likely fox than Seth. 2 or three guys tops samefagging clearly made this entire thread, it's obvious by the way the posts are written.

Tip to shills: Study board culture and the way people phase postings here. You faggots stand out like a sore thumb.

Check out this cool kid, just poppin' into this thread to tell everyone he doesn't like anything. Careful not to cut yourself on that edge slick.

Sounds logical.

Lol

It has weapons, but it's not really a battleship.

The manouevr that the helmsman did in the first ep would be easy to defeat, if he's flying around the ship at the same speed instead of chasing it around trying to get a target lock just wait for it to return to the starting place and fire.

How did the tree grow without water?

What's wrong with the image? That guy is right. It should be called DIS, DISC, or DISCO

I really hope you're just larping as a dumbfuck conspiracyfag. There's like 150 posters tops on this board at it's busiest. Fox, let alone Seth himself, wouldn't waste their time/money shitposting on this board.

if any of the other series had a name with an abbreviation like that, it would have become commonly used. they should have known better