In The Matrix, water on windows foreshadowed code

In The Matrix, water on windows foreshadowed code.

t. reddit

nice
thanks op

To bad real code looks nothing like this. In the 90's when computers were just these magic boxes that nobody knew how they worked they could get away with this. Now normies are watching Mr. Robot.

>code originally designed by omniscient AI In the 22nd century and utilized by humans a millennia later will look like C++

Why would computers use a language of 1s and 0s? its fucking retarded. Think about how much easier language is with words rather than just using two numbers in different sequences

programming in real life is boring as shit. you sit there and copy paste functions to read data files or sort objects according to some set of heuristics. occasionally there is a crash, which is usually just some dumbass forgetting to check for null.

coding isn't cinematic or interesting. the matrix made it look cool by making it visually appealing to mass audiences.

t. programmer with a master's degree in computer science

You didn't answer my comment

>code for virtual reality interface invented by artificial superintelligence a century from now
>"doesn't look like C++ 98 omg, so fake"

and i'm not going to, nerd boy.

PAY

You are getting in to the area of quantum computing with that question user.

The short answer is that we use 1s and 0s because we currently do not have the technology to create "switches" that can reliably hold more than two possible states. In the future quantum computing might be able to solve that.

>watching the special edition version which makes everything green
Nothing wrong with the sequels being green because Neo has become "The One" but to get the best experience out of the first movie, it should never have been made green.

I guess computers aren't so smart afterall

is the netflix version like this

You definitely aren't.

Computers are fucking retarded man. They don't actually "understand" anything. They are just made up of lots and lots of on / off switches. Either there is an electronic current or there isn't, you can't have anything other than that, and it is the basis of the binary system.

This is why quantum computing is so fascinating, because it opens up the possibility for say... a computer based on base-10 numbers.

Post feet

...No it doesn't. That isn't what quantum computing is about at all.

>a computer based on base-10 numbers.

wut dat meen

It means jack shit because he doesn't know what he's talking about but he thinks he does.

put a question mark at the end, you stupid nigger

god, Misaki is a blessing

why would i

quit being a nigger

by those standards, we don't "understand" anything, user.

>tfw my bluray copy has green filter

> copy past functions
> master's degree

lmao

Now how would you make a computer that understood words user?

Our best attempt so far is based on programmable binary (and occasionally ternary ) computers.

that's not what quantum computing is about.

plenty of non-binary computers have existed, mostly ternary machines.

Beats me doc, you're the scientist

t. retards

Really activated my almonds

All the matrix scenes were tinted green, real world scenes were in proper color during the theatrical run, only the shitty VHS and DVD versions removed the tint.

You'd know this were you not a literal child.

Assembly is where the fun is.

the green is meant to denote the distinction between the matrix and the real world.

anyways there's a 35mm print scan that's floating around if you guys want to get a better version of what the movie looked like back in theatres.

Is there a bluray version that isn't green?

No, because the theatrical run had all the maitrx scenes tinted.

why don't you just answer the question

I go to reddit too.

>copy paste functions
>to read data files
>or sort objects

Programming really isn't for you, Pajeet

>foreshadowed
Matrix code is literally the first thing you see in the movie.

positively lovecraftian

dodge this

>master's degree in CS
>copy paste functions
hello Pajeet