What was the Sup Forumsnsensus of Mickey Mouse 2013?

What was the Sup Forumsnsensus of Mickey Mouse 2013?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=17BeQrjmaA4
youtube.com/watch?v=_2WMLV1UeuM
youtu.be/0dcqDCoJ6F8?t=3m6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like it

Liked it.

Too bad they cancelled it so the crew could work on DuckTales.

I think a chunk of the crew (like Aaron Springer and Clay Morrow) went onto billy dilley

They cancelled it?

It was the only good thing modern Disney's done with him.

i really like the art style, never watched it though :(

Why is he putting ice cream in his pants?

His balls are hot and the ice cream is cold.

To cool himself down. Entire episode is about trying to cool down on a hot day.

youtube.com/watch?v=17BeQrjmaA4

Coincidently, this episode aired on the last day of a week long heat wave.

>they cancelled it

Didn't they renew it for another season?

Is that where Paul Rudish is now? Or is he helping out on the last season of Samurai Jack?

Remember that stupid Vegas commercial with the phrase "Just the right amount of wrong?" Well it applies to this toon far better.

Great. I especially enjoyed the international ones.

I loved it. It felt like the kind of thing that was made without executive meddling and worrying about image.

Goofy is fucking horrific for example but they run with it. There's no feeling like someone is telling them they're not allowed to do this with these tightly kept characters. Just watched the Feliz Cumpleanos short the other day. It was fucking great and had some jokes that wouldn't typically fly in the overly PC squeaky clean environment of today.

youtube.com/watch?v=_2WMLV1UeuM

It got a great reception around here. Near the end of the run, some autistic faggot started derailing the discussion threads with waifu shit, though.

>the ninos feasting on the guts of the pinata

excellent

Never understood why Sup Forums has such a boner for it. It's rather bland.

>good Mickey Mouse shorts
>Ducktales coming back
Will the Disney Afternoon ever return?

I think the metric with which you're judging them by is wholly unfair. These aren't 30 minute story driven seasons. Show me any cartoon that accomplishes as much as these do in the amount of time they do.

>they canceled it

Loved them. These shorts carry the type of surreal humor and sharp comedic timing I'd love to see on Uncle Grandpa not that I don't still love UG.

>ITT: millenial edgelords with bad taste

It gave me fat Minnie. It's a-okay in my book.

Great animation, cool gags, nice art-style, endless reaction faces.

Why am I not surprised Disney always does this crap to good shows.

I was fuckign astonished that it's actually not even good but great

Like they actually gave Mickey personality instead of being a boring mascot

Don't you mean "Excelente"?

the fact that their attempt at a sports goofy short was shit compared to the classic goofy shorts says more about the classic sports goofy shorts than it does their attempts

It was damn fine, user.
Damn fine

So, were there only 57 shorts altogether? Are there anymore that have yet to be released?

Goddamn were there really 57?

I used to record it around the beginning with the Panda and France episode. I had no idea it went so long.

I really like it, well-animated and fun-filled, it gave me a good opportunity to review those ToonBoom stuff.
Too bad the content is so forgettable.

post topsy

What cartoons do you consider good, user?

i prefer the previous iteration of goofy
not that the new goofy was bad i just didnt like him as the big dumb oaf in the trio
hes like ed from EEnE

everyone was amazing though

Funnest part for me was them having Oswald rabbit in the obituaries. Also any episode with ludwig von drake.

Goofy's always been an idiot.

There are little bits in Goofy's recent history where he actually has a sense of insight and some intelligence, Kingdom Hearts being the best example.

uhhh goofy movie?

That's not new Goofy that's old Goofy. Your preferred Goofy is new Goofy. Still, there is room for both.

The new shorts are the best thing they've done with the classic characters in decades. DECADES!

Still, there's some nightmare fuel too

youtu.be/0dcqDCoJ6F8?t=3m6s

It was great.

Source? Been genuinely wondering where these shorts went.

The humor is good, and the plots are entertaining enough and pretty varied. The characterization of Mickey is great; it feels really similar to Runaway Brain, which is the only other time I've found him compelling as a protagonist.

I also really like the animation; it's cheap and kind of crummy, but it manages to be really expressive and lively even on that low budget.

The animation for most Disney shows are like that because they always tend have top notch animators that manage to make the best with what they have. Then compare it to modern CN, where while not all of their shows are bad (Mighty Magiswords, SU to a degree), the animation is undeniably lacking in a lot of areas on most if not if the shows currently running. Gumball is the best looking show they have currently, but that show is a mixture of various animation styles so it's clear they know what they're doing.

>it feels really similar to Runaway Brain, which is the only other time I've found him compelling as a protagonist
C'mon. He was pretty great in The Three Musketeers.

Hnnnnnnghh...

That was genuinely enjoyable

yeah im aware thats its similar to old goof

i did say previous iteration of goofy but i did end up calling him new goofy anyway

Freakin great

Some of the best Mickey stuff they have made in ages