Pleasant surprise movies

How the fuck did this movie go so unnoticed? I had never heard of it, don't remember ever seeing a trailer or anything and I make a point to watch new movie trailers pretty regularly. Found it on VUDU randomly and just watched it because I fucking love Sam Rockwell, and holy shit was this the funnest movie I've seen in a long ass time. I'd give it at least an 8/10. It was a huge surprise. It's somewhat similar to Smoking Aces or Lucky Number Sleven or Seven Psychopaths, where it's about hit men/killers but it doesn't take any of it very seriously and just has fun with it.

So yeah, lets recommend other movies that you watched and were surprised how much you enjoyed them, and just generally lesser-known and underrated movies.

>anna kendrick
nope.jpg

I normally can't stand her either but for some reason I didn't mind her in this, I think she just really suited the character

I think I remember coming across this movie, but passed on it because I hate her rat face.
But I have nothing else to watch, so thanks for the recommendation OP

It's a cute movie and I like how it was basically romcom characters shoved into an action movie but the dialogue was quite terrible and had some questionable actors

Formerly Mrs. Wrong

It was good. They could have casted someone better than Kendrick, but she doesn't bring down the movie. Rockwell needs to do more shit like this.

What's with all the Max Landis threads lately?

Landis shills go away

This movie sucked but was totally carried by the actors. They at least made it fun. Rockwell might be Hollywood's least appreciated talent.

I was never really interested in this film before until I found out that the soundtrack was made out of a lot of songs that I love.
Started out as a romantic drama, turned into a mystery/thriller and finished as a sci-fi mindfuck which kinda left me with an existential crisis at the end

I went into this expecting a 4/10 but I genuinely enjoyed it, and it's probably one of my favorite movies. My only regret is not seeing it again in the theater.

I saw this on the plane a while ago. It was pretty decent.

I still don't understand if this is a Sup Forums joke to try to get me to watch this

Nice try Landis, this flick was utter shit and Kendrick more annoying than usual.

Anna Kendrick looked cute in that autism movie with Ben.
Mousey.
I remember the trailer for this, but completely forgot its existence soon after.

Rockwell is pretty much always worth it. Kendrick is annoying but she does that one role well enough. And hey, helicopter kid did a good job with the script. Decent movie.

It's not for everyone, but it's pretty fun if you just want an action flick.

Sup Forums has weird, obsessive relationships with z-list celebrities

have you seen the sequel Mrs. Left :D?

post it to reddit, i'm sure you'll get many upboats

Pleasant Surprises of 2017:

>Kong Skull Island- delivered on what a monster movie should be. entertaining above all else putting the absurdity aside.

>Baby Driver- how you make a car movie for teenage millenials. Plus Kevin Spacey gets some work which is nice. SONY actually made an original movie that wasn't a total bomb.

>Fist Fight- Charlie Day is funny in this 80s style comedy that was poorly marketed.

>Belko Experiment- Battle Royale type movie was short and sweet and had Dr. Cox

I suspect he pays a social media company to post for him. The women actresses are probably either the same companies or could also be obsessive stalkers.

And the TGWTG people too, huh? Occam's Razor would suggest that people on Sup Forums are just losers without lives.

All of those are shit.

>blackcoats daughter: possession movie full of cuties

>free fire: one long ass shootout in a warehouse after an arms deal goes wrong

>trainspotting 2: ewan mcgregor returns to scotland, fucks bitches, and steals money from protestant fags

These are all better.

mah nigga, one of the movies where I felt instant regret about not having seen it in cinemas, alas the italian dubbing was also mediocre.
When user says that "is not for everyone" is terribly true, some people might experience motion sickness.

>And the TGWTG people too, huh? Occam's Razor would suggest that people on Sup Forums are just losers without lives.

The fact that they are posted day after day mostly at 5-6am so they are strong in the queue suggests some kind of manipulation.

Take for example Rose Byrne. She was not getting any work and was delegated to mom roles after losing a bit of her looks so they started SADFU posting nearly every morning, always the same pics, always the same captions. Usually only lasts for 6 months or so then is gone.

If it was an organic thing people would occasionally mention it after the initial push.

is max landis even capable of writing a good movie?

If this was reddit or facebook I'd say you have a point but this is Sup Forums, the amount of traffic this board gets would that type of shilling not cost-effective. The hours can be explained by the fact that it's the same people who are doing the shitposting every time, so their routine dictates the time when threads appear. As to the longevity of said shitposting, you have to remember, memes generally have a short life span. When was the last time you saw Milhouse is not a meme on Sup Forums?

My friend showed it to me and i had never heard of it.
I was pleasantly surprised 8/10 would watch again

Underrated Kino

I think it is probably a bit of column a and a bit of column b.

If you are hiring a firm to spread your name around on social media sites they hit all of them, that's part of the package.

Reddit and FB are pay-to place here you can just have a few consistent shitposters from different IPs and you are on the front page.

Too bad Cusack got justed, he was fantastic in the Beach Boys movie.

Minnie Driver's awesome jew tits and some shootouts thrown in, the movie.

The Cadillac scene was the best scene in the movie but it never got recognized here because of classic dano posters.

Don't get me wrong, Dano was amazing too but I'm used to seeing Dano in kino films, the last thing I've seen Cusack in (before that) was 2012.

that sounds like my kind of movie, ill give it a shot.

I feel like there is some shilling on Sup Forums but in the case of Landis, two elements don't fit.
>negativity
Generally when people shill for something, it's pushing a positive image of it, for instance, the Riverdale threads. Most of the Landis threads are created with a negative intention.
>face recognition
Shilling for actresses makes sense, you can see them on screen, recognize them etc. Screenwriters work behind-the-scenes and most people either don't know who wrote the film they're watching or just simply don't care.

He was great in Maps to the Stars (2014) and should have probably gotten some sort of award recognition but hollywood doesn't like it when they are criticized only celebrated (Cinema Paradisio, The Artist).

> literally it was all a dream the movie
sorry but fuck this movie

as for the negativity thing I've noticed ones (like for the comic book tv shows) where they have an overly negative OP who posts then other shills come back and say stuff like "I thought it would be shit but it is pretty gud"

If you were shilling, you would create threads where the OP and a bunch of hired posters are all positive to drown out the negativity.

The Rover

This is legitimately one of my all time favorite movies.
It's pretty much perfection for what it is.

Easily Reynolds best performance. This is everything Dexter wanted to be but never could.

>Baby Driver
wanted to go for my birthday, my brother says we should go for something that is really really worth it (e.g. Lord of the Rings), guess there's nothing.

it's obnoxious as fuck

a weasely white guy like rockwell would get kicked to the curb instead of the mary sue shit he pulls off

It's essentially a Fast and Furious movie for teenagers and no Muh Family.

I watched it at home you won't really lose anything.

I liked watching it because I like her cute face and I imagined eating her pussy

the Sharlto Copley best friend simulator aspect of the movie was really comfy desu

Back to your /blacked/ threads cuckfag.

I loved this one
especially the musical number at the end

>Kong Skull Island
Movie was just okay, but John C Reilly was fantastic in it, as usual

Wrong's Long Dong?

This and Mean Creek

>I watched it at home
Cam recording?

cool dude

new this week on the usual places via torrent 1080p

Fuck this shit. Watch The Accountant instead

Has el rato been in a good film where she was the female lead?