/who/ - Doctor Who General

Victorian edition

Too Georgian:

Other urls found in this thread:

bigfinish.com/news/v/alex-kingston-is-back-in-the-diary-of-river-song-series-three
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-dark-planet-820
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that bookclub

Fucking ugly lopsided slut

Oh, by the way, new DWM here

vk.com
/doc382399744_450994866

Fucking ugly lopsided slut

How u want ur 1DAs senpai

Oh shit

Interesting question actually

Briggs BTFO?

More details on 8's Time War set

Cropped out some of Dorney's comments there, I'll post them here:

>“I know that people sometimes feel there’s not enough of the ‘time’ in ‘Time War’ in some of the previous stuff we’ve done,” he acknowledges. “I think you kind of want to leave some of the more crazy and existential stuff hanging around on the outside, rather than ramming the full-on temporal madness – you want to have a bit of a balance. But hopefully that first episode is a little bit oddball and weird.”

Clearly addressing the reception to the War Doctor's audios not being very weird or Time War-y for most of the sets

It should be against the rules to samefag your own thread this hard

More details on 6's slavery story

>Two of the story's characters are from real history: Lady Clara (not that one!)

ha

Samefag

More details on the 8/Susan Short Trip coming up. I have a lot of issues with how she was handled last time they did this, but the description of this story is interesting, it seems to address a lot of those issues, so hopefully this turns out well. I just hope they deal with it maturely... the end of the audio EDAs reminded me of Moff's S6B in seemingly forgetting how families and human emotion work. Hopefully it's a strong epilogue that makes that ending work better. We'll see (well, hear).

For that user who was wondering why Simon Guerrier wasn't writing any 1DAs, look what he's been doing here

>official timey wimey edition

Samefag

Also saged

>saged
>posted an image

ugly lopsided slut

also saged

Nice general you fucking moron

lel I'm not Neo

>ugly

give me a rundown on this meme

It's being forced in like my dick in your mom's ass

Feeling down in the dumps tonight can we stream something? I don't care what.

Sure, but when you say you don't care what...

Even that would be better than nothing honestly. Put it on if you'd like.

I'll be on-and-off for a while but I can idle in the stream if nothing else, so if you have any preference at all we can go with that. Some 4 serials maybe? Comfy RTD eps? Anything you want.

threadly reminder

>he pays to use Sup Forums

In the mid-twenty first century humankind starts creeping off into the stars, spreads its way through the galaxy to the very edges of the universe. And it endures till the end of time.
(He turns back to them,)
DOCTOR: And it does all that because one day in the year 2049, when it had stopped thinking about going to the stars, something occurred that make it look up, not down. It looked out there into the blackness and it saw something beautiful, something wonderful, that for once it didn't want to destroy. And in that one moment, the whole course of history was changed. Not bad for a girl from Coal Hill School, and her teacher.

KINO line.

I love it too. Put it verbatim at the start of one of my shit trips.

Pyramids of Mars is on in the stream.

What does /who/ think Series 5 would be like if Tennant had stayed on?

>"Had David stayed for one final year, it would certainly have been his last, so my pitch was that it would start with the TARDIS crashing in Amelia’s back garden – as now – and a terribly battered and bruised Tenth Doctor staggering out.

>Amelia finds him, feeds him fish custard (no that was for Matt, it would have been something more Davidy) and generally helps him. But we, the audience, can see he’s in a truly bad way. Dying maybe. Eventually he heads back to his TARDIS, and flies off.

>But when he returns – many years later for Amy – he seems perfectly fine, and indeed doesn’t remember any of those events…And of course over time, we realise what we saw was the Tenth Doctor at the end of his life, about to regenerate. Events that we return to in Episode 13..."

Personally, I think it'd improve VotD (the whole testimony part would make more sense) and add another level to the S6 story arc (eleven dies so soon after regenerating).

thers a shit trip that touches on it

Would've been good.

we could've had a full resolution to amy and rory and that s7 set entirely on trenzalore that moffat wanted, would've been good

How often do you imagine having sex with Doctor Who characters? No memes, be honest.

Clara frequently

I'll be the dissenting voice here and say that while I like the idea in theory (and indeed I wrote cause it's such a fascinating idea), I really think 10 had to die/leave/regen soon after Journey's End, which really was the climax of his era. Planet of the Dead annoys me because there's a strong throughline from Journey's End to Waters of Mars (Next Doctor kinda works, it's off tonally but the premise makes total sense there) to EOT.

It's fun to imagine an AU with 10 and Amy but so much of what works in S5 is Matt's particular style, it invigorates the entire show. S5 is blueprinted off the RTD series structure, adding an RTD Doctor onto that would have made it too derivative and not the zappy fresh thing the show needed at the time (with just enough comfort to smooth the transition before the show went full Moffat in 2011).

Really, Moff's quote there isn't even the brief of a series or a character arc or anything all it is is a half-thought on where to structure a regeneration. 10 and Amy wouldn't have worked half as well because 10 is too charming and emotionally mature, without 11's naivety and strangeness the love triangle thing becomes kind of sickly and unpleasant imo.

I do think 10's specials year could have been better handled, and instead of Planet of the Dead we should have got one of the offscreen 10/River adventures, which would have further smoothed the transition of the eras.

Missy a lot

Christ this sounds shit. The Doctor should stay at arms' length from real atrocities.

pure historical tho

Scaroth reporting in.

Scaroth deporting out.

what a good thread

What is the most polarizing story from each Doctor's era?

Every Doctor has stories that are generally regarded as being pretty good (The Caves of Androzani, The Curse of Fenric, Heaven Sent), and every Doctor has stories that are generally regarded as being pretty bad (The Twin Dilemma, Fear Her, Victory of the Daleks).

For each Doctor, what is that one story that seems to get the most discussion from both sides? These aren't the meh stories, these are the Hell Bents, which people either seem to really love or absolutely hate.

Thanks to everyone who contributes!

Hell Bent for 12
Love and Monsters for 10
Aliens of London / WW3 for 9
Time of the Doctor maybe for 11

1 - The Web Planet?
8 - Zagreus, dedfinitely
9 - hmm, maybe Rose, it's the only I can think without a big consensus
10 - Love and Monsters maybe? or EOT?
11 - S6 as a whole, Akhaten, maybe Time of the Dr?
12 - Kill the Moon, Hell Bent

So we know that Doctor Who's cosmology is different from ours. There, the Moon was (according to 1970s theory) an adopted planetoid... which was, in fact, an egg.

Bizarre thing is, Kill the Moon actually fits classic Who's jump-the-gun science, that Chibnall said "duh" and perpetuated 40 years later. More than fits it; it makes sense of it.

In the Who timeline, where I guess Earth formed around a (coincidentally egg-laden) Racnoss ship, Gaia (early pre-Earth) must never have collided with Theia (another rocky planet in our orbit, that shattered on collision), as seems to have happened in our world.

What this seems to imply, then, is that n the Who timeline Theia must have remained in Gaia's solar orbit, somewhere far enough back that the two never collided.

Which is to say, the fuckery in Kill the Moon just happens to be consistent with the Silurian recounting of events, which in turn makes Mondas plausible.

Thanks to Peter Harness, somehow a mountain of awful and/or outdated science balances out to plausible consistency.

All praise the Egg.

1: The Web Planet, or maybe The Gunfighters
2: can't think of anything
3: Colony in Space?
4: Logopolis
5: Resurrection of the Daleks
6: Revelation of the Daleks?
7: The Happiness Patrol
8: Interference, if books count
9: Boom Town
10: Love & Monsters
11: The Time of the Doctor
12: Hell Bent

>First Doctor
The Chase

>Second Doctor
The Invasion

>Third Doctor
Invasion of the Dinosaurs

>Fourth Doctor
Logopolis

>Fifth Doctor
The Visitation

>Sixth Doctor
Attack of the Cybermen

>Seventh Doctor
Battlefield

>Eighth Doctor
The TV Movie

>Ninth Doctor
Aliens of London/World War III

>Tenth Doctor
Love & Monsters

>Eleventh Doctor
Nightmare in Silver

>Twelfth Doctor
Hell Bent

But Boom Town was amazing though, it was the only episode of 9's run where we got the best version of Team TARDIS, 9/Rose/Jack that wasn't an introduction episode or a series finale super high dramatic stakes that are also personal and everyone is changed forever episode. It was just an average adventure for the three of them and it was absolutely fantastic.

What the fuck, JNT?

How is Nightmare in Silver polarising? Where are the people who wildly love it? I only see people tepid about it or hate it

I haven't seen too many people talk about it, but I remember a lot of people loving it around its first airing.

good list

Is this an unproduced Chris Bidmead script?

1 Doctor - The Web Planet
2 Doctor - The Web Of Fear
3 Doctor - Planet Of Spiders
4 Doctor - The Lesiure Hive
5 Doctor - Caves Of Adrozani
6 Doctor - Timelash
7 Doctor - Survival
8 Doctor - The Movie
9 Doctor - Long Game
10 Doctor - 42
11 Doctor - The Power Of Three
12 Doctor - Hellbent/Heaven Sent

Big news in 46 days

>Heaven Sent
How on earth is this is a polarising episode? Yes some people hate it, but nowhere near half the fanbase, it's widely loved. How is it more polarising than Kill The Moon?

>Caves Of Adrozani
How is this 5's most polarising episode?

>42
Who has strong opinions about 42?

Hell Bent is polarizing, Heaven Sent is not.

DoRS S3 will have 5th Doctor and Madame Kovarian.

bigfinish.com/news/v/alex-kingston-is-back-in-the-diary-of-river-song-series-three

>Yes some people hate it

Even the people who hate the Moffat era (and hell, even the people who hate New Who) admit that it's a great episode.

Then why list Heaven Sent?

hypehypehypehypehypehype so glad there's finally news on Vol 3!!!!! A Kovarian story post (in real life/release order) Time of the Doctor could be neat too. I'll actually preorder this one, I love this range.

>You might need some tissues for this one!
oh no...

Where's my James Bond trailer, Big Finish?

I thought the whole point of The Night of the Doctor was that 8 never fought in the war and avoided it at all costs, then his brief encounter with Cass and the Sisterhood of Karn convinced him to regenerate into a warrior who would fight in the war?

The linked article addresses that

>sohaving

Missing Tom Spilsbury yet?

>sohaving

And there's already been a few audios with 8 in the Time War if you're interested (and many in the skirmishes that lead up to it). The Sontaran Ordeal, Night of the Vashta Nerada, Mary's Story.

Yeah there were a few errors I noticed reading the issue :/

I didn't want to read all that anyway

>sohaving a hard time without me are we?

Hell Bent and Heaven Sent form same episode as they both make up finale hence it's conclusion.

42 and Power Of Three are Chibnall episodes and as you know for all his success for such shows as Broadchurch his Doctor Who episode are widely regarded by fans as some of show's worse.

Caves Of Adrozani in spite of praise heaped on it for final part of this story (episode 4) by some Doctor Who fans, calling it instant classic, others consider it crap mostly because of other three tedious episodes you have to get through to watch
It. Then there's also fact that Peter Davison fly is down in first two episodes and once you've noticed it, it's hard to see pass anything else especially when he has his hands in pants ...

>others
Hardly a sizeable group though. Any story regularly voted to the top of "Best Doctor Who story" lists is not polarising, sorry.

>Hell Bent and Heaven Sent form same episode as they both make up finale hence it's conclusion.
They are not officially a 2-parter.

>are widely regarded by fans as some of show's worse.
We're not talking broadly about Chibnall, we're talking about 42 specifically. Are you trying to argue a huge portion of fans have hugely strong opinions on 42?

Also for all talk of it single being greatest episode of all time, in Caves Of Adronzani there are also bat nipples. Giant bat nipples. Peter Davison milks them to get antidote to save Peri ...

>Hell Bent and Heaven Sent form same episode as they both make up finale hence it's conclusion.
Do Closing Time/The Wedding of River Song "form same episode as they both make up finale" then?

Feature, not a bug

Hell Bemt and Hell Semt are same episode as they both constitute season finale. Also look at Poll conducted in Doctor Who magazine. For all high numbers that Caves Of Adrozani got, it also got alot low numbers too with very little in between. Obviously it's one of those episodes you either love it or hate which is similar to reaction I get anytime I talk to Doctor Who fans about their favourite episodes ....

I love contrarianism

>Hell Bemt and Hell Semt are same episode as they both constitute season finale.
Do Closing Time/The Wedding of River Song "form same episode as they both make up finale"?

>Hell Bemt and Hell Semt

Alternate universe: A little bird is sharpening its beak on a diamond mountain once every hundred years and tells the story of a man who punches an Azbantium wall for 4.5 billion years to get home.

>Personally, I think that's a hell of a guy

>Hell Bemt
>Heaven Semt
>Faic the Raven
>Sleep No Moor
>The Zygon Invarsion
>The Zygon Invesion
>The Woman Who Livd
>The Girl Who Dyed
>Before the Flodd
>Under the Leke
>The Witches Familiar
>The Magician Apprentice

Who remember??

>Dark Planet
but
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-dark-planet-820

>RTD was brilliant. He's still alive
>foot fetish avatar

moffchads are the foot fetish ones

what are the fetishes of the trips

>it's RTD-era promo art where the Doctor is protecting the companion from the viewer

What are the trops of Moff promo art