Creative team and Roster

cbr.com/marvel-reveals-x-men-blue-gold-teams-creators-shipping-info/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

> “X-Men Blue,” written by Cullen Bunn with art by Jorge Molina, stars the time-tossed team of Cyclops, Iceman, Beast and Angel, with Magneto as their mentor-figure. Jean Grey will be present as well, but in “Blue,” she’s taking on the mantle of leader for the first time.

> “X-Men Gold,” written by Marc Guggenheim with art by Ardian Syaf, will star Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan and Rachel Grey, with Kitty Pryde as team leader.

>“X-Men Gold,” written by Marc Guggenheim
X-fags can't catch a break.

Wow, these both sound bad. But Blue wins because Bunn is at least great with Magneto.

>Kitty Pryde as team leader over Strom
How hard her fans will be butthurt?

Blue wins AGAIN.

Thanks, Bunn-sama!

Good. Storm is a traitor.

WHY?

Did they learn nothing from the unmitigated disaster that was Young X-Men? Everything that's gone wrong with Arrow?

> Blue has Magneto mentoring the 05 with Jean leading

I guess this is okay, if anything it means they'll be quarantined in one book.

tfw you literally just made a thread

Everyone on that team could be leader, I don't care. It's Guggenheim so barring a miracle we're fucked no matter what

So done with the X-Men.
Unless Domino or Storm get series with a good artist who will preferably sexualize them, I am out.

and Kitty is a miserable little shit stain of a cunt

>implying that could happen in current Marvel.

How delusional are you?

What on earth is Rachel wearing?

>both books tank
>marvel is now justified in killing off the x-men
>if they're not, they'll just do it anyway and blame people for not buying it like they did with the f4

Either way, Marvel wins and we lose.

well, at least Bunn is readable

In other news.

"Royals" gets Ewing and Jon boy Meyers.

KEK, XFags

>X-men Blue
Good creative team. Bunn is the only one doing anything good with the X-books right now so I'm glad he'sstaying. I hate the O5, but them using Magneto as the mentor figure could be cool. Jean as the team leader is a hard fucking NO.

>X-men Gold
So it's a relaunch of Extraordinary, but by Guggenheim. Sounds like a step down from Lemire's run but I guess going from a book I wasn't reading to a book I won't be reading isn't much of a difference. Nice to have Rachel back in the forefront, but Kitty as the leader? Fuck that.

Anyways, looks like X-men Blue will probably end up being the better of the two even if X-men Gold has the better roster again

>Rachel
>Kitty
Awww yeah.
>Guggenheim
Well...fuck. Fuck shit ass damn.
Honestly, I'd trust Bunn more than anyone else with these kids. He's a continuityfag, and >no Land, so that's nice.

She has a cape? Why does she have a cape??

Also Colossus shaved :(

>“X-Men Blue,” written by Cullen Bunn
How do you not put Ewing on one of these books, seriously?

RIP X-Relaunch. Creators are everything, and if it's the same old shit I'm not buying.

>Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus back in their classic looks
Yes!

>Rachel dressing like Adam Warlock
But why?

I know the unlikely hood, hence my...
>So done with the X-Men.

Those aren't hound-markings? Seriously, what the fuck are these costumes? How bland and uninspired. Seriously never has a book needed a Kris Anka overhaul fast enough

> Storm ditched the Mohawk though, hallelujah!

Marvel will not win if the X-Men brand is dead.

It's actually will the beginning of the end for them.

The only of these books I care enough that I'd be upset if they got bad creative teams are Cable and Gen-X. As long as those two are good then everything worked out fine in the end.

I'll give these the obligatory three issues. At least Bunn gets to continue writing Magneto.

>Guggenheim has extended his poison to X-men
I TAKE IT BACK
GIVE ME HOPELESS

Okay, need some clarification

Who is Marc Guggenheim and why is he so hated?

>They gave Kitty the dyke haircut again and put her on a team with Rachel

Is it finally happening?

He is the menace behind Arrow.

>Bunn on best x-men team
Yay

They went back to the basics with everyone but Rachel. They just gave Rachel Adam Warlock's old costume for some reason. I mean, Rachel's old costume kinda sucked, but a cape just doesn't seem right for her and changing the hound markings into that weird domino mask outline is an odd choice.

X-Fags will accept anything. Long may it continue.

Hes the main force behind turning Arrow into Felicity and friends

>yfw no Uncanny X-Men title anymore for the first time in a long fucking time
F
>Hound Markings
Ya know she hasn't had them out for the better part of her entire existence. They just came back to prominence after she got back from space.
Think she wore make-up or something.

>I TAKE IT BACK GIVE ME HOPELESS
This was exactly my reaction when King was announced as the new Batman writer.

> Art Adams being wasted on this crap.
Lame
>
>Storm not having the mohawk.
Lame
>Storm going back to a sexy outfit.
Very good
>Kitty not wearing pic related.
Damn it, that was the best outfit she has ever had.
>Rachel not being in her most recent long jacket outfit.
Lame as fuck.

He's hated for Arrow. As a comics writer, he's Jurgens-tier.

>He is the menace behind Arrow.

All I know of Arrow is that apparently people don't like this one chick called Felicity, is he that bad?

Has he had his fingers in comics before?

Lol Inhumans sound more promising than X men.

> GOLD

> Yes, Kitty will no longer be a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Guggenheim explained to IGN that the ever-popular character is returning home where she’ll lead her new team in a battle with a new incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

“There’s more going on here than just another new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, the umpteenth iteration,” the writer says. “One of the things that I wanted to get back to and really sort of drill down is what does it mean to be a mutant in the 21st century, in a world where you’ve got Inhumans and you’ve had mutants for all this time and you’ve had M-Pox and Genosha and all the things that have happened to mutants throughout the years. Why does this racism still exist? In fact, the very first page sort of sets out my anti-mutant treatise. I really tried to put on my racism hat and justify hatred of mutants for the 21st century. And the brotherhood really plays into that.”

An exact 1 Jurgens of perfect mediocrity or some percentage of a Jurgens?

I s2g Guggenheim better not bring back Ink, Cipher and Greymalkin

>BLUE

>“Magneto is the oldest enemy of these X-Men. This was the first ‘evil mutant’ that they battled way back in X-Men #1. And now here he is taking on this mentor role with them,” Bunn told IGN. “That immediately raises a lot of questions. Why would these X-Men be working with him? What is he trying to accomplish now? Do they feel that he’s changed his ways? And that really is what I was excited about. It opened up a lot of really interesting questions for us. There’s some mystery involved in terms of why the X-Men are working with him and what they’re trying to accomplish. There’s a little bit of intrigue there because knowing Magneto, you know he’s got ulterior motives. He’s Magneto. The original five X-Men aren’t stupid. They know this. And maybe they have some ulterior motives of their own.”

As for Jean’s new position as team leader, Bunn explained to IGN, “Jean is really the catalyst for bringing them all together… I kind of feel like readers of X-Men have always felt that Jean was supposed to be the leader of the team. And now Jean is definitely taking the leadership role in this group.”

This sounds daringly fresh and original.

>Lol Inhumans sound more promising than X men
It's sad how true is this.

another year, another X-men arc I'm dropping.

Only thing I'm familiar with of Guggenheim is some C.S.I. schlock and his stint Wolverine.
He is better than Hopeless.

They didn't do anything last time they were on a team.

Four years of the No-Reason Mohawk is over. Was there even a justification for giving Storm the mohawk again outside of "She's on X-Force, she needs to look meaner"?

BOOOOOO! Rachel looked awesome in this costume!

The only X-book I'm currently reading is Bunn's Uncanny X-men, but its art is awful. Bunn getting to stay on the X-men with a good artist this time is an improvement.

Shame about Guggenheim, but I can't imagine it'll be any worse than Lemire.

I think she was getting over her divorce from T'challa so she went dyke

>Jean made Bobby gay and now she's mind controlled them all to follow her
Just write the amoral Jean I actually want to read already.

The Old Man Logan idea is worse than the O5. We killed Wolverine, but here he is again!

>>Bunn and Guggenheim on these books
>>That means Hopeless is on Generation X

>that shit
>X-Force

literally just Extraordinary and All-New,

>Thinking it'll be any good

Mostly perfect mediocrity with a tendency to skew a bit lower. It'll be bland and trite and the characterizations will be a bit off, but it'll be readable and inoffensive. The kind of book that if you're a characterfag who needs his fix will probably be satisfied, but anyone that just wants a good book to read should avoid.

>> Art Adams being wasted on this crap
Just on covers.

The argument was something along the lines of 'the Sh'iar genetically marked her' but no-one was sure if she could remove them if she wanted to. (Nightcrawler seemed to think she could). Anyway my point is, it needs explanation as to why they've disappeared now.

I think that's pretty likely yeah.

Impossible hope is Ewing writing Uncanny starring the New Mutants. Dani, Magik, Doug, Warlock,(all featured in an annual) and a few from mutant generations I don't know. I wanna see them finally make it! (Someone post some panels from Zeb Wells run)

Strongly seconded!

>literally just Extraordinary and All-New,

this, wtf

>How do you not put Ewing on one of these books, serious

He's writing an Inhumans book.

Well, comparing the three inhuman books to these two, the inhuman books definitely sound like they'll be way better.

But the X-books still have 5 more books to announce creative teams for. I have 0 hope for Iceman and 0 interest in Jean Grey, but Cable, Gen-X and Weapon-X could all end up good... hopefully.

I know. The long coat with fingers was great. disappointed that Rach never used the bangles to do sick TK tricks, but ayy
Jesus, how does Mark Brooks make everything so sexy?
>yfw Mags shows Jean the way
Do it, Bunn. Fucking do it.

So? If anything that would be ideal, he's good at knotting his books together.

Oh, they're double-shipping too
>okaywhenMarveldoesit.jpg

Every Convention, I buy one of his art books. He just draws stay so sleek

The Shi'ar tattoo you're thinking of was on her back.
Hound marks are different.

This is hilariously disappointing. Marvel finally making a lot of announcements for the X-Men and these are the creative teams they end up with?

Meanwhile Ewing is writing for the fucking Inhumans. Why even try to be a fan of the X-Men anymore?

You can't control my mind, Jean. But I can show you how to control much more than a mere mind.
I mean wouldread/10, but it'll never happen. They've got Jean as team leader and a Jean solo.

I HEARD YOU WERE TALKING BOUT GUGGENHEIM

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS

So Bunn is basically just continuing the Magneto plotline he's been doing through Magneto and Uncanny X-men... just now with the O5 as the supporting cast.

Please put Spurrier on XCable.

DELETE THIS

Yes, Storm with the new mohawk debuted in Uncanny X-Force vol 2.

user, we were saying that since the original announcement. It was extremely obvious that that's what they were from the teaser images. We just didn't know who the creative teams were.

They finally did it, they finally made me care about the Inhumans with Al Ewing writing and completely write off the X-Men.

Bravo Marvel

New Avengers was the closest thing to a New Mutants book that we are likely to get anytime soon.

>literally just Extraordinary and All-New,
It's even worse because unless they announce Uncanny or Astonishing, these will be the two main X-teams.

At least before when the O5 were relegated to All-New, we still always had at least two X-teams of adults. dozens of mutants are being ignored and losing a spot on any of the teams because the O5 won't go away

Oh yeah, my mistake. It was since she lost the Phoenix that she regained her markings. Anyway I'm not overly fond of them, I just want at least an admission that she's telepathically hiding them.

I know what it was titled, but that book's sharpest edges were from the pages it was printed on. It wasn't X-Force.

I don't know how you have Puck and Spiral and make a book with them in it so fucking dull

>yfw Weapon X actually has Sauron and Wild Child

I cannot even

His Inhumans book is going to get knotted with Ultimates though. It's about the Royals going into deep space to find some cosmic secrets. Ultimates^2 is about the Ultimates getting recruited by Galactus in the war between Eternity and Oblivion/The Empty Hand.

Oblivion's champion is Maelstrom. Maelstrom was an inhumans villain before becoming a Quasar villain. I can guaran-fucking-tee that Maelstrom is going to be one of the main antagonists of Royals to tie it into the eventual Eternity War.

I do want to see Ewing on X-men, but given the sheer amount of contuinity with the X-men, I feel like if he were to do X-men then he'd have to really COMMIT to it. I'd rather see Ewing write the entire X-line than have to split his attention across three different franchises.

Hopefully after Eternity War, Ewing gets put on as the main writer for X-men like Remender was supposed to be, but that's still some time off.

jesus marvel really can't spare their good writers for x-men anymore
shame

>equating Based King off of Vision to organic corn that nearly canceled Arrow due to his OC wankery

What did he new by this

Not going to lie, I'm also more interested in the Inhumans line up.

If the rest trun out to be bad, then I'm giving up on the X-Men.

X-men Blue might be good.

No hope for the X-Men. Mediocre creative teams, casts without 616 Logan, Scott and Xavier. Just don't care at all. In the meantime Inhumans have far more promising stuff to wait for. Resurrexion my ass, Marvel. X-Men and their fans are once more fucked.

>if the rest turn out bad
Don't worry, at least one of the books will have to have a great creative team. It'll be Iceman.

Well she wasn't hosting (any of iirc?) the Phoenix for a long time until she came into contact with that Phoeinx sword, and she still didn't have the marks.

I think she's either been telepathically hiding them or using make-up. It was weird because unless I'm remembering wrong, Gage never explained why she had them back.

>Characterfags BTFO

>Based King
He's no longer based, user.

His Batman is garbage and his OC is the ultimate goal in the run.

>Kitty
>Awww yeah.
The fuck is wrong with you?

That's assuming he doesn't burn out in the event fire like Remender and Hickman.

Trips confirm it. Seriously Xfags, how have you not killed yourself yet?