New Trailer for Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs

Who /hype/?
youtube.com/watch?v=dt__kig8PVU&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VliDz0rGdlg
feelguide.com/2014/01/31/fantastic-mr-finance-meet-the-multi-billionaire-who-pays-for-wes-andersons-visionary-worlds/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's set in Japan, I think Sacchan should make a cameo.

I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson

Very, very hype. But as is my practice, not watching any trailers whatsoever. Just watched Bottle Rocket and Tenenbaums w/ commentary as i make my way through his films again, really insightful stuff. BR is on FIlmstruck w bonuses FYI

Dogs are so based. If you dont like em youre retard or a nigger.

I hope he finally gets the Oscar of Best Animated Picture.

What's in 2018 against him with animated flicks?

Cultural appropriation

Disney Pixar's Something: Much More Palatable to The Academy

wreck it ralph 2
the incredibles 2
early man

Do I have to have the Criterion Plan for the BR w/ extras? Is that where you are watching the commentary for these movies? I would like to watch Filmstruck through my Roku. Sorry for all the questions pls no bully.

Looks fucking awesome.

Sup Forums will probably hate it

Or unoriginally meme it like

Normal Wes Anderson BRs usually have a decent amount of extras but at least the director's commentary track is saved for criterion

youtube.com/watch?v=VliDz0rGdlg

I'm a China man who eat dog but also run very succesful business. Fuck you americano :'‑)

I am happy to help, anonymous. Yes, it's on the Criterion Channel and only for 9 more days. I'm not familiar w/ Roku but a cursory Google search shows me it's available on it. You can do a trial, anyway. It's just really fascinating, seeing as how Wes and the Brothers Wilson made a 13 min short which caught on w/ a few very influential people, then they sort of had to learn how to make a feature film, on a modest budget, as they went.

Based wes

>The Japanese archipelago, 20 years in the future...

Thanks! I'll probably start the trial this weekend.

Cute! CUTE!!!

Looks really gray

Holy Christ, Wes has serious pull these days.

Holy shit all of that cultural appropriation

looks fantastic

Thta's a pic of MGS2 though.

We'll see, but Fantastic Mr. Fox is actually my least favorite Wes Anderson movie that i have seen so far. The humor just wasn't for me, and i found the third act boring.

Ok, (You)

neat

Does Ken Watanabe have a contract where he gets to star in every single Hollywood movie set in Japan?

White is clearly the theme of this one.

WHITEWASHING THAT IS

isle of doggu

Why watch the film if the trailer spoils 90% of the plot?

The plot being spoiled usually doesn't matter with WA movies

>he watches movies for the plot

Why are you crying?

Doesn't he usually kill a dog in most of his films?

NOT GUNNA LIE THIS LOOKS GOOD

VERY ORGINAL

Pretty much
Name another Japanese actor working right now that anyone in the west is likely to know

Yeah and now there's an island full of them so he can go crazy with it

What a sick fuck

How does Wes Anderson keep dragging Bill Murray out of bed to star in his movies

Wes Anderson should drink less semen to be honest

>F. Murray Abraham

He killed Mo Zart!

post yfw you realized bill murray's character is the memory of their dad.

All he usually does is just sit there and/or talk for a bit.

Shakespeare would literally tell audiences that R&J are from opposite families and end up dying.
just so that you can be aware of the context of the story to understand their choices and emotions better. People still wept when the kids sudoku'd.

and run after trains
and walk with a kid on his shoulders
pretty physical

EVERYTHINGS FRAMED SO QUIRKY GUISE!

can this guy do something that doesn't look like it was made by a college kid that just discovered the rule of thirds in photography?

>durr wes anderson uses symmetry in his movies

yes user we all know that

>Mr. Fox so much higher than Darjeeling

i literally got chills after watching the trailer

looks like he is also sort of furthering his style into something else, which is really interesting. very refreshing, especially compared to contemporary stuff being put out now.

also, not sure if this is common knowledge for wes fans, but wes anderson can get any of his ideas funded because he has a billionaire investor (indian paintbrush)

feelguide.com/2014/01/31/fantastic-mr-finance-meet-the-multi-billionaire-who-pays-for-wes-andersons-visionary-worlds/

pretty awesome

> Inu "ke" Shima
shouldn't it be "Inu no Shima" ?
I think the big faggot made it ungrammatical because he wanted a nicer poster

That's because Shakespeare was a fucking hack who wrote gutter trash that appealed to the uneducated masses who literally rolled around in their own shit and who were too stupid to follow Shakespeare's extremely simple narrative structure
Saying Shakespeare did it is kinda like saying a kid with Downes Syndrome did it

so, is there something wrong with having an iconic filming style/structure?
a lot of movies look same-y these days

In his more recent Wes Anderson movies he doesn't do anything too strenuous

WOW
SUCH INDY
SO STARS
MUCH KINO
xD

>Shakespeare would literally tell audiences that R&J are from opposite families and end up dying.
>"Here's literally what you're about to see for the next two hours on this stage:"

BASED

Looks like a good time.

Wow, you seem like a really cool and edgy person, user!

At least he stopped upping the yellow filter on everything.

I'm sorry. Should I delete that webm?

>no Wilson brothers

Yes and never reply to me again!

no, there are plenty of un-initiated here.
ty for pointing something out that unconsciously I was aware of but didn't know how to speak to

Life Aquatic is underrated. It deserves higher than 56%.

I bet you enjoy the plays of Bill Shakespeare

>wow

Wes Anderson avoids Owen Wilson ever since he tried to kill himself

ok sorry

i havent see Darjeeling limited yet. its good?

>Yoko Ono

as a regular theatre goer, I see that they have their merits -
but people don't want lengthy, classical pieces that much anymore. even if the language is fun and the 'themes' are "timeless"

>Saying Shakespeare did it is kinda like saying a kid with Downes Syndrome did it
More like saying a tard wrangler did it, but otherwise yeah, literally this

I loved it.

Really good yes.

well this is the main reason i won't watch this
fuck all dog worshippers

Every Wes Anderson movie is someone's favorite Wes Anderson movie.

So yes.

study the language first retard

Looks absolutely horrendous like everything else this pleb bait director has put out

That's a 2014 meme my friend. A real classic.

you have to be such a bitter, cynic not to enjoy wes anderson.

>Life Aquatic has the lowest score

He wrote most of his stuff for the queen once he got big you morons. Her court was full of intellectuals. The funniest thing is most people think shakespeare is shit in high school, and it's only intelligent adults who actually realise why it's so revered. By being contrarian you actually reveal yourselves as either underage or low IQ.

Wes Anderson is a certified hack.

Production design and slick camera movements on top of thin acting, dry unfunny humor, and lazy story line.

> looks like a Wes Anderson movie to me.

Yes. It's tied with Grand Budabest as my favorite Wes Anderson movie.

Wes Anderson generally makes quality movies and anyone who disagrees is just being contrarian/letting his fanbase affect your judgement of his work.

This looks pretty good, way more excited about it that most the shit that gets posted about on here

I was always butthurt about appropriation of Japanese culture even before I knew there was a term for it. Even that aside, this trailer makes me really uncomfortable.

RANK THE FILMS OF WES ANDERSON

>Rushmore
>The Royal Tenenbaums
>The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
>The Grand Budapest Hotel
>Bottle Rocket
>Fantastic Mr. Fox
>The Darjeeling Limited
>Moonrise Kingdom

its good, but the visual style isn't really up to par with his other work. super funny though. i think the first act is quality, but it sort of drags on towards the end. i would say its one of his least artful films

i think he wanted to make an easier movie because apparently the movie he shot before, life aquatic, was way too expensive and they spent a really long time shooting it.

Dog shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wes Anderson flicks

>muh classics are important!
You sound like a dickweed

And you are an idiot who probably did shit in school

she also funded most of his pieces
he was successful because he didn't spend a lot of time slamming/shaming his counterpart Marlowe
And yeah, he's a hack - but he wove great subplots together, was self-aware, and gave a few memorable characters.
>before women were allowed in theatre

>The Grand Budapest Hotel
>Moonrise Kingdom
>The Royal Tenenbaums
>The Darjeeling Limited
>Fantastic Mr. Fox
>The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
>Rushmore
>Bottle Rocket

this, the man is clearly too autistic to understand simple human emotion which is why all of his characters are so cartoonish