Well this is interesting

Well this is interesting

Funny how her expression is exactly the same as mine when looking at the image.

I'm never again wasting another penny on Star Wars.

I, for one, am glad that there will be no oppressive straight white men ruining star wars for me.

When they pull this diversity bullshit, why are they always the ugliest mother fuckers possible?

>casts a fat ugly chink

>galaxy far far away
>there's no white people

"This new epic STAR WARS SAGA features short unattractive Asians"

Because the average Chinese female isn't a 11/10 goddess.

The idea is to appeal to the mediocrity of the average because they'll see themselves in the characters and believe that the corporation has made it exclusively for them.

That's what most asian women look like. Don't be fooled by all the k-pop shit. Those ladies all get a shitload of plastic surgery, skin bleaching, eyelid surgery, and all sorts of stuff to make them look more attractive.

Because if they cast a thin 10/10 Asian woman, the SJWs would complain about unrealistic standards.
I can't wait until the movie industry stops listening to them and starts making movies that are meant for escapism again.

OOGA

They want the tumblr audience.

I've never understood this mentality. People naturally want attractive people in media, fashion, etc. This push for normal ugly/fat people is the biggest case of projection and sour grapes I've ever seen. They can't stand the idea of there being actual standards of aesthetics, and so they seek to tear these standards down in every way they can.

>it's either an androgynous twink like Daisy Ridley or a fat asian ugo
Disney's casting is disturbingly terrible.

And the nu-male crowd is big enough that they won't even object to this shit anymore. When exactly was the inflection point where star wars fans went from being "nerds" to "LOL I'M SUCH A NERD! I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE(TM)! BAZINGA!" types?

This is the future of star wars

>we don't need a casting director and a proper audition process, I hand pick the actors just because I can. So far it's a disaster but the movies are making money so the shareholders aren't complaining yet

This girl is so horrifically ugly

Why? They have money.

>I'm never again wasting another penny on Star Wars.

Good man

I thought Finn was GAY???

Are they chinkwashing my gay romance???

>The idea is to appeal to the mediocrity of the average because they'll see themselves in the characters and believe that the corporation has made it exclusively for them.

Yeah, because that's the way casting works. Women will flock to see ugly women who remind them of themselves, and men will come in droves because they think they have a chance with them IRL.

It's almost surreal how completely and effectively Disney has destroyed any enthusiasm I once had for Star Wars

The tumblr crowd is a tiny minority and doesn't really impact sales too much directly. They're just very vocal, so people think they're more prevalent than they really are. The issue is that your normal movie-goer and SW fan is willing to put up with pandering bullshit anyway, so it doesn't negatively effect the sales that much to do it.

Also, the uggo chink could also be because they're trying to tap into the chinese market. nu-SW is the sort of thing where every little choice gets focus tested to hell and back, and so I totally see them doing something dumb like this.

George regrets selling to Disney I bet. I'm sure he regrets having ever hired Kennedy too.

based user

I want to slap that smarmy face. At this point it's almost like she's rubbing it in that she is intentionally tearing down everything real fans grew up to love. She's relishing in it. Her ego is off the fucking charts, and I've rarely encountered anyone less competent or deserving of it.

Is this some kind of petty revenge for TFA tanking in China?

You not interested in watching mary sue kick some ass again?

I meant to say they have no money.

Now I gotta watch the Justin Slayer-Avena Lee scene again

Does this surprise anyone? Look at their casting for Finn. He literally looks like a fucking gorilla. And I don't even mean that in the "all blacks are apes!" sort of way. The shape of his head, the flared nostrils, the low forehead, the giant jutting underbite jaw, etc.

I swear, they're purposefully going for the ugliest people possible.

She looks like a chubby cosplayer trying to look like Selphie from Final Fantasy VIII

shes not -even- chink, shes a viet

this movie will double tank in china lmao

It's funny because the black dude has all the flaws one could possibly imagine while the white girl is just perfection except in her appearance, because Disney actually think she looked good. What did Disney mean by this?

OY vey stop being racist

You are correct, we all want what we're attracted to, but somehow the a social context has formed over the years that since white males have been projected as protagonists that it has caused harm, so now they're convinced that demonizing whites, specifically attractive white males is the politically correct ideology to follow.

Of course it doesn't make any sense because white males never took it upon themselves to identify themselves as an elite force preventing others from succeeding. It was simply a matter of what creators of the time were interested in so now white males are the enemy from creators of the past.

Have white males had to prove themselves over other races? No. White males did what they did right or wrong with no preference to outshine another race or sex, but that doesn't matter because it doesn't follow their politically correct dogma of creating a false history of oppression.

So for the next 200 fucking years women, and different races will prove their dominance by being explicitly more sexist, and more racist to white males.

>tfw was hyped for Luke finally coming back
>tfw Disney has been steadily killing my hype for that return since the rest of the film looks like fucking garbage

>88008714
she pretty thicc and cute af tbqh famalam
im sure the chubby chaser community will make her there waifu and it will gather more paying customers

I think Disney has already lost hope with China, Rogue One was heavily marketed for chinks with 2 chinese megastars in it and it flopped anyway. Chinks have a particular mentality and Star Wars doesn't hit home over there. George Lucas never gave a shit about other ppl opinion. Disney will suck anyone's dick to sell tickets. Right now they're focusing all their effort on South america hence Benicio Del Toror and Diego Luna in R1. There will be more mexicans in episode 9, and gays too.

It's kinda funny. I thought I'd hate Finn as a character and be okay with Rey, but then I watched it and it was the opposite. Now, I still think it was a horrible casting choice for Finn, but his character isn't *too* bad. But Rey is full-on I'M A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN OUT MY WAY YOU PATRIARCHAL SHITLORD! I BYPASSED THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT BECAUSE WOMYN ARE JUST AS CAPABLE AS MISOGYNISTIC MEN

Sarcastic or not. I'm into bbws and this hefer isn't worth my dick.

Don't the leaks say she's a traitor?

I guess Disney chose muh diversity over appeasing their Chinese Overlords.

And China hates fat american chinks more than anyone.

I'm just surprised they don't just fill all the roles with ATTRACTIVE asians/blacks/etc.

>tfw you're more attractive than the majority of the new Star Wars cast
Feels good

Leaks can't be verified and I don't they made 3 traitors in this movie, the chink, the lesb or the puerto rican, pick one

I hate this soulless focus-tested garbage they're doing with star wars. Now, George Lucas did it too (see: Mace Dindu for the blacks), but never to the ridiculous extreme that Disney is.

The prequels are shit, but... at least Lucas fucking *tried* to do something different. He actually took risks, and I can at least respect that.

Feels pretty god damn good, but it also makes me wonder about the future and if we'll start seeing more ugly people as main characters in movies?

Because it's cool to be a nerd these days user! Don't you see those hipsters with their shirts with vidya references and thick framed glasses. Excelsior and shit amirite.

Exactly, but when did this start? Was there a specific date when the whole "I'm such a nerd xD" shit started happening?

it really is, kind of like having the curse lifted at this point

>even black guys have to settle for asians if they're beta enough
was it kino?

When you fuck&suck your way to the top of a major studio, you can make your own casting choices, user. Until then leave it up to the pros.

GO ASIANS!

Only now that racism is aimed at white males do white males see the problem with racism.

>episode VIII: the fatchink-nigger chronicles

I blame hipsters desu, they turned "uncool shit" into fashion statements so around 2010?

Is RAIMI doing ep8?

I don't get Ep 7. if they wanted a Mary Sue character why'd they fucking made Phasma such a lame bitch, she was shown to be this badass warrior amazon type but she only had like 5 mins worth of screen time and was a pussy bitch for 4 of those 5 mins.

I would unironically like to see Raimi direct a Star Wars movie but he would never accept it because he cant deal with studio interference. Disney just want yes man sock puppets.

Sounds about right. You can see trends like the obsession with older video games happening around then. NES games on average going for 4x the price they were

>dude we need a chinese chick for a market who only watch dumb retarded shit with hot people
>cast the ugliest motherfuckers ever

>George Lucas did it too (see: Mace Dindu for the blacks)
I think George lucas is genuinely liberal and decided to add more diversity in the prequels. However I don't think he did it to cater to these demographics like Disney is doing. What they did with Boyega was obscene, remember the teaser where he pops up in front of the camera like "surprise a nigga in Star wars", then the promo was all about him carrying the lightsaber. In the end he was revealed as a pathetic comic relief

I don't get it either. They really tried shilling her over and over again as "the next boba fett" and they were so blatant about it too. It seems like in Ep8 they're doubling down with making her a more central character, having her without helmet, etc.

They should just off her, I mean nothing she does could redeem her in the eyes of the viewers. First Order soldiers are supposed to be zealots but as soon as someone pointed a blaster at her she pussied out.

I don't understand the breakout tho, like did people just all uniformly realize nerd culture was cool? I would also blame it on cape comics and people wanting to to know more about i.e read wikipedia pages/comicvine pages about them.

Do you think the price of NES games will ever go back down? Obviously the incredibly rare ones will stay that way and probably increase indefinitely, but will the average ones ever drop back down? Or should I buy the rest of the essentials right now before they get even higher?

Why'd they get such an ugly asian?

>having her without helmet

Yeah, if there's a sure way to re-create the mystique of Boba Fett, it's to have her walk Gwendolyn Christie walk around without the mask on for half the movie. All the boys will want that action figure this Christmas.

>They really tried shilling her over and over again as "the next boba fett"

>walks around in a neat outfit
>doesn't do jack-shit

Sounds like Boba fett to me.

As a man with extreme yellow fever...

I am not impresses with this.

Ekkk.

I can find better shit in my hometown of monterey park.

Throw a stone and youd find a hotter one.

in this particular movie, because the sidekicks cant be prettier than the MC.

>space nigger

China doesnt give a shit about star wars...not sure why Disney is trying to shill so hard to them.

How is Phasma's outfit neat, it was chrome.
No helmet would be awful, I mean how would it be tactical at all, one shot in the head and she'd die.
Don't NES cartridges have a lifespan? or maybe that's just for Gameboys. I don't think they're gonna drop desu since people would always want vintage consoles/games and they don't produce them anymore ( I mean you could always get an emulator)

>Let's all swing in the same direction!
>Her mary sue powers are making us act like retards!

You can easily find every nes game rom and play it in an emulator in every type of hardware imaginable.
It will even look and sound better than the original.
I never understood people spending money on things like that when piracy is actually more rewarding and easier.

>unironically like to see Raimi direct a Star Wars

Same here. Maybe he'll get to do one of their stand alone movies. They tend to give the directors a little more freedom. Granted Gareth got boxed out, but RO was actually good so he may very well have screwed the pooch and Lucasfilm had to fix his mess.

Phasma ends up in trash compactor because JJ abrams was just desperate at this point in the movie. TFA is a mess, Strakiller Base is there out of nowhere, it's obvious they were going for something else but then rushed the Deathstar copy because JJ and Kasdan had no idea what to do. That's why Phasma seems out of character.

QUOD JUMPAH

You know what I don't get, I mean there's a (new)republic right, how come they were passive when it came about the first order? I mean Leias forces were called the resistance so they're not properly supported by anyone but themselves, what was the point of establishing the new republic and just blowing them the fuck up.

It's a different feel man, it's just not the same.

Yeah, it's probably all tied into the rise of social media around that time. That's when everyone started getting smartphones, facebook became gigantic, etc. And then you had the rise of the youtube e-celebs showing off their TOTALLY KEWL SUPER RETRO NINTENDO GAMES and getting all the retards out there to pay 200 bucks for a piece of plastic.

I'd imagine the same reason some people like collecting records instead of just downloading MP3s. Has a different "feel" to it. I'm not into the old vidya collecting shit, but I never sold any of my stuff, so I still have my NES, genesis, etc and I'll play them from time to time. It's nice to pop in a real cart and play with a real controller on the real console hooked up to a CRT.

I can get all that. Just not the prices these people shell out for it.

All the straight white men are in the Empire and will be killed.

Who else /permadroppingStarWarsforGood/ here? I latched on for too long in the hopes that it would get better. I've put up with the New Hope cookie cutter and SJW pandering of TFA and Rogue One.
>blatant agenda driven casting choices
>Snoke, fucking really
>fucking trees
>Anakin demon sloth
>fugly chink and hideous darkie taking up a large chunk of screentime
>the new movie will likely have another lazy bigger death star design
Disney took away any and all excitement I had for Star Wars (if you could even call it that anymore) over the years. The magic and sense of wonder is dead. None of it feels like Star Wars, lads.

Fuck, I hate ep7 so fucking much, how come Rey thought ep 4~ep 6 was basically legends, I mean I'd get why Han Solo or Luke in Ep 4 thought the Force was a myth since the Emperor and Vader wiped every remnant of the Jedi but Luke was still alive in 7 and the whole war with the Empire was incredibly recent, how come Rey who just found out Jedis were real able to do jedi mindtricks, how come Finn was able to do independent thinking if he was raised by the first order all his life and if his big issue was killing people, that didn't seemed the case since he was fine killing people from the first order who he knows all his life rather than kill some random nobody.
Ah right I forgot about social media, yeah I'd agree with you that Social Media made it more so people tried to fit what was "in".

>China doesnt give a shit about star wars...not sure why Disney is trying to shill so hard to them.
Women don't give a shit about Star Wars, yet every Star wars material is aimed at womyn. What did they mean by this?

I would blast that thic chink past the deathstar with my semen stream alone. Goddamn thank you based Abram, /our jew/.

It's like trying to decipher a toddler's drawing. It just doesn't have any logic, it's pointless to try and make sense out of it.

Same tbqhwyfamalam

At least we still have Star Wars video gam-

Oh...oh no

There literally is no coherent explanation. They're just rebooting the OT and no one has the guts to say it

>yeah I'd agree with you that Social Media made it more so people tried to fit what was "in".

Exactly. It used to be that "nerd culture" was an insular thing among small groups of friends, forums, etc where they'd discuss things and form a culture of their own. But after all the normalfags started using the internet and social media, they started taking all these things for themselves. The equivalent is how there's Sup Forums and we have our own culture and memes and everything, and then some reddit/9gag faggots will go on Know Your Meme to literally "research" memes so that they are hip and trendy on all the latest dank maymays. Basically the same thing happened with comics, scifi, vidya, etc.

I've spent years watching all my favorite franchises, from film to video games to everything else, get subverted and ruined. I'm used to it now.

Just gotta enjoy the stuff back when it was good and try your best to ignore the new shit.

Permadropper here, I will still shit on Disney though for taking our franchise away. I wanted to drop after TFA but I've been fooled by fools who said R1 was actually good. I gave a chance to yet another stupid movie, not as bad and insulting than TFA however. I don't see SW the same anymore, it's just laughable like any capeshit movie. #StarWarsisdead

there are no white people in my ideal universe

EA is possibly the only company more disgusting than Disney.

Be real, user. That video game's gonna be terrible for the same reasons the first one is. If anything, putting black females in it or whatever is just a ploy deflect criticism onto political matters when in reality it's just a lazy BF game trying to capitalise on the renewed interest in Star Wars.

a match made in heaven