Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YJ5r6faFmuA
youtube.com/watch?v=bRPZtYWn0GE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Garfield was good, but the film was a bit OTT at the end, parts felt like I was watching a cartoon.

Very weak personification of war
Introduction drags you on for a long time
The whole "you're going to prison" shtick almost made me turn off the movie
Starts a shot of the two brothers, doesn't even delve into the fear his brother must feel for him
Ending misses out any emotional gratification it could've possibly had
The bootcamp had very little emotional setup between the main character and his brothers in arms
It's almost like watching a Call of Duty movie, honestly

youtube.com/watch?v=YJ5r6faFmuA

youtube.com/watch?v=bRPZtYWn0GE

>sets up loving relationship between MC and wife
>doesn't even show him returning to her

Bad. Made worse by Vince Vaughn

Great

>made by australians for americans
garbage made by garbage for garbage

>Introduction drags you on for a long time

I turned off the movie because the beginning felt like a cheesy Lifetime movie

>DUDE BIBLE IS MY LIFE LMAO

fuck wypipo

made me mad

>makes personal vow not to touch a firearm again
>DUDE IT'S AGAINST MY RELIGION I CAN'T TOUCH IT

moron

>Garfield was good
Andrew pls.

I really hate Garfield but he did a great job tring to not look like a total homo.
I almost believed it.

It's Mel's weakest film. Pretty enjoyable and a great true story but overall forgettable.

it was good but Hugo Weaving should've been in it more

6/10 at best.
Most of it is Christianity propaganda.

The first half of the movie is so painfully cliche but once he gets to the war its turns into some enjoyable dumb fun.

The first half is 200 times better than the other half

It was a great movie, anyone saying otherwise and nitpicking about editing choices is either biased against its Christian message or comparing it to the greatest films of all time and not the crap that came out that year.

It's christian kino, the war scenes aren't meant to be realistic, they are there to show how hell, it's foggy and messy, full of weirdiness and doesn't make sense at all

Also that scene where the guy grabs another and then goes hip firing, it's just to portrayal the guy, he is a nihilist that uses other people for his own advantage, doesn't care about anything at all other than fulfilling his purpose, he fits right in hell, it's a constrast to the protagonist, which has a christian ethos and tries to fulfil it even in hell itself

In the end, there is redemption to his character, who could have transformed into a nihilist but instead choose to remain faithful

>It's christian kino, the war scenes aren't meant to be realistic
That seems to senslessly contradict its previous very serious tone, which is why I critique it so much for it
The beginning sets up so much of the tone of the movie, so when it just shifts like that it really undermines your expectations
This really contradicts how Apocalypse Now did it, which successfully managed to introduce its comedic chains as it portrayed war at the same time, mixing it perfectly

>they are there to show how hell
I'm not exactly sure what you meant here, that war is hell?
If it's hell, then why are you saying the war scenes aren't supposed to be realistic?
A realistic portrayal of war surely isn't full of nonsenical bullshit as depicted in Hacksaw Ridge

>In the end, there is redemption to his character
There is no redemption, he remains a pure character from the beginning to the end
There is no arc, which is perfectly showcased when we don't even see what has changed him at the end
Instead it hilariously decides to just cut to the interview of the real guy, undermining literally all of the efforts the painfully long introducion attempted to make us feel emotionally connected to

People in hell don't get to return home.

I was disappointed as fuck.

Gibson's worst movie.