Paranatural

>ed you've killed him

>AAAAAND SCENE. We'll get back to these kids later. See you next time!
>(P.S. I hope you all had a good holiday!)

Other urls found in this thread:

paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-144
paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-117
paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-148
youtube.com/watch?v=RxkezvGwI20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This has probably been one of the most enjoyable sequences he's done since the train fight.

Goddamn it Zack! I want to hate for not finishing up with Max but it so damn hard to.

>Ed actually downed RJ and Johnny in one punch
Holy SHIT, I was not expecting this at all

Incoming ass whooping in 3..

>hitting a girl
Ed's a madman.

>let's beat up one million children
alright, you got me good, Zack

Scene's over. We might get something like what happened with Max's fight with Johnny where it just cuts to them post ass-kicking, but Johnny didn't seem too into this.

He got his spirit broken then his shirt ripped off.

I don't think I'd be into it either.

Isaac's into Anime, Ed's Kung Fu movies and Isabel is Origami, the Activity club should just become an Asian Culture appreciation society.

>first thing RJ gets to do
>fucks it's up
During the hitball game, when did RJ get hit, I just wen't back over it and it seems like they just got out for no reason other then just leaving so Johnny and Max could work together for it

>let's beat up one million children
did i feel into a time wrap to 3 years ago? I'm actually laughing at Paranatural again?

So do you guys think ed might turn evil? He is going down a weird road and it's possible that his parents are the ones behind the pixeldog and, while it is less likely, hijack

Wait what, when was that implied?

>get back to these kids later
This is a bad omen. Please tell me we're not back to lesburka.

wow i can't believe ed committed a hatecrime

100% not at all. He is in their group in all their early art. He might be the rival or anti-hero but Issac is confirmed vilain or heroic sacrifice.

>tfw Zack has turned his story into a roulette wheel with stuff you actually want to see along with shit that drains your energy and interest and spins it every few pages
>tfw you know the draining shit is inevitable
I hope he gets that out of the way sooner rather than later. I don't want to have to keep dreading that.

So it's a bit of a run around but

Agent Day talks about how the doctors burger disappeared
paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-144
These were probably ed's parent as he lives in Isabel and burger is his last name as mentioned here
paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-117
Then the idea that they are these shadowy figures is my own little theory but I think it fits
paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-148

Cant ___ the Ed

bed

Okay fine the last panel made me laugh out loud, you're all right again Zack.

Can't shred the Ed

Unknown to most, Beat Up One Million Children was the working title to Kill 6 Billion Demons, before major changes were made to the script.

Could work as a lore prequel.

I love this page. I am somewhat surprised Ed has gotten only stuff from movies and received no martial arts stuff in all his time participating at Francisco Guerra's house of bruises though. Maybe it was only about child abuse for its own sake all along. Ed's spirit would be proud.

I think Ed's scared of mister Guerra.

what do you mean? He does get martial arts training at Gramps, he was training out in the backyard with all the other spectrals last night

>Even the small amount of fighting experience earned from beating up children can get you to level 99 if you grind enough.

LIVE TO WIN.
TILL YOU DIE.
TILL THE LIGHT DIES IN YOUR EYES.

LIVE TO WIN.
TAKE IT ALL.
JUST KEEP FIGHTING TILL YOU FALL.

DAY BY DAY.
KICKIN' ALL THE WAY.
I'M NOT CAVIN' IN.

LET ANOTHER ROUND BEGIN.
LIVE TO WIN!
YEAH, LIVE!
YEAH, WILL!

(OP)
1. The colours are getting stronger on this page.
2. Juvenile male nipples. It's like seeing the butt-hole from Simon's Cat...comical, makes sense from the context, but still awkward.

>I hope he gets that out of the way sooner rather than later
Still patient even after the death of the ladies' characters, huh. I envy your tolerance.
(Speaking of tolerating, the ladies could've shut up right after the big myth-drop and the wait would've been more tolerable.)

>Issac is confirmed villain or heroic sacrifice
>villain
What's the point of 'that wallpaper', then. And Doorman's "I know there's still some goodness in you" speech to him in chapter 3? Aren't we suppose to root for him facing his personal struggles or something? Don't we want him to eventually succeed? The same appliees for Max, Isabel et al, we all want them to do the same. Whatever happened to banding up the dysfunctional team together?

>heroic sacrifice
Sure, let him die in circumstances that are too foreign for his normie parents to understand. They'll be fine with that. They'll just smile blissfully at their precious son's wake, buying whatever explanation the teacher responsible had told them as a cover-up. A great lesson we should all learn from that, truly. Isaac's soul totally at peace, yo.
/s

He isn't going to be in the story in a big way. /s like some tumblr peice of shit all you want. That's the general cut of things. Zack has left him out of team shots AND whole cast shots before. He isn't staying on.

>b-but if I like him he should betray them. No story ever has character in the main cast go rogue and betray their own before
You're a fucking idiot
>b-but wouldn't that be sad, especially with his parents not understanding anything
Yes. This isn't the first, magic side of reality series ever. Often people die in them and everyone else is left to pick up the peices without an explanation.

>took 20 minutes to rewrite you piddly bitching
Kill yourself my man.

That... actually makes me kind of sad. I really like Isaac

Everything about this page is just fantastic.

>b-but if I like him he should betray them
I never said I like him. I'm just pointing out how the all the progressions (the plot and the extras) so far seem to point out where this might be going. (Maybe my wording seemed a bit too enthusiastic to be perceived as overt fawning, I should take note of that.)

>b-but wouldn't that be sad, especially with his parents not understanding anything
I'm not fretting about the tragedy of it, I just think of how unrealistic that would be if the parents were having that kind of behaviour. Like The Turners from the Fairly Oddparents...except FOP is a way different show altogether in terms of tone and premise. Since PNAT is supposed to be all realism and stuff, I'm thinking they're gonna hypothetically act like real parents and go hysterical.

>Zack has left him out of team shots
So was Ed.

>AND whole cast shots before.
There was only one cast shot, IIRC. And Zack himself wrote on his DA account regarding that like, "I know you readers ask where's Isaac, he has the special place with Max somewhere I won't show you because SPOILERS" (turned out to be that wallpaper and people were so hyped about the implications, even here.)
You wanna blame anyone, blame Zack who's waving the tasty steak to the hounds before he releases them. I just follow the canon.

I dunno, user. Zack kinda promised that his comic would not go over the edge. Darkness Induced Audience Apathy's probably the very last thing he'd want to do, especially when he's making us wait for months, even years for some resolution.

>this comic
>4/5 gags in a single page
M-m-my cynicism... my hate... it's melting...

There is no sting to a betrayal that is seen a mile away. There is no tragedy in someone who was always evil being evil. Issac's arc is resistance then acceptance. He will fall, before that though half of the people will think he can be redeemed

>so was Ed
No he wasn't. He's been out of one or two tops. Issac is out of heaps and in REALLY obvious and detailed shows. If Ed does leave the story it will be later, as to Zach he is still a core team member, even when Issac isn't.

>b-but Zach said
Except there are other examples before he got as chatty with the fans. Ones from far earlier in development that he pulled or made excuses for.

Having people die or turn isn't 'going over the edge'. Frankly I think lesburka is more edgey (in a literal sense).
>darkness induced audience apathy
This isn't a thing. There are loads of happy story with dark shit. There are loads of dark stories that people enjoy. You're actually making shit up now. As for apathy, his B-plot is sufficient

BEAT 1 MILLION CHILDREN

Glad to see that Ed can easily beat up some kids after fighting demons and shit all the time.

We're going to Isaac stalking Mr. Garcia.

>Shirtless is fine but nipples is weird
I hate this shit

>Issac is out of heaps and in REALLY obvious and detailed shows.

Let's see those chara appearances:
>Rad like your dad
Isaac, Isabel, Max
>That Christmas thing, with Max licking the bat
Isabel, Isaac, Max
>That Halloween thing
Spender, Zarei, Day, Ed, Isabel, Isaac, Max
>That pirates stuff
Isabel, Isaac, Max, Ed as a monkey, Spender as a parrot
>The big cast shot
No Isaac, no Ne'er-Do-Wells

...godammit, am I really gonna do this? I've stopped following this thing since months ago, I'm just here for a long-time-no-see visit!

When did you get here? I drop in just to shit the place up when I see it. I fell out of love a long time ago.

> Let's beat up six billion children
> Also the children are demons

This is the first page in a long time that's made me laugh out loud. I'd forgotten how funny this comic could be. Top job Zack, more like this plz

>Johnny finally gets a bit motivated
>his shirt gets ripped off
Noice

Wonder if Forge is gonna be coming out of Johnny now?

Are all the spectral kids huge bullies?

>tfw we're going back to the turbo lesbians

>Juvenile male nipples.
>awkward.
'Murricans are weird.

>Let's beat up one million children.
Lost.

youtube.com/watch?v=RxkezvGwI20

>shirtless Johnny
>Ed taking on 2 guys at once and winning
>that end gag
Best page in a long while.

Post yfw you will never be as autistic as this guy

>mfw I have no face
I want Isaac to live!

Xe was even going to hit Ed in the head with a bat

did you SEE how many exercises that boy can do

Heh, you all that called Ed a cuck must be feeling so stupid right now.

Please user, have some cultural sensitivity.
It's a Lesbijāb.

At least it's not 6 billion children.

This is it. This is why I read this comic.

These threads aren't all bad just yet. Bless you.

That monkey is still one of the few good things left in paranatural.

Also the hoodie tried to bat him in the head? Jesus dude, where's your sense of proportion?

>transgender
>girl

Nope.

Is hoodie canon transgender or are people here making fun of Zack's tumblrness?

Because after the Dragonball Homo the former wouldn't surprise me

check the cast page pham

Zack has said that "she" is transgender. The character was probably introduced as a girl then made into a trans later on to appease the crowd that's constantly demanding them in every media avenue.

It says "they" doesn't like queers.

Holy shit, I thought the training panel was the funniest this comic's been in years, and then I read that last panel. This might be the best Paranatural ever.

>8-year old tranny

I mean I can understand the supergay, but that's honestly disgusting.

The gender or sexual preferences hasnt been revealed yet

Eds Dad is Wario?

We stands now?

goddamit Jojo why do you do this to me?

that reminds me of this picture

Did you only just start reading this comic?

zack literally made this joke on the page where muse was introduced, fuck off

[/spoiler]>not noticing the spelling in 'colour'

Whatever you say, bud. I'm just observing the road we're going so far. It would've made more sense if you guys could tell which one will go evil at THE MIDDLE of the big PNAT story. But we've just been 5/6 DAYS in-comic. Anything can happen and change course in the next chapters. I just don't like to jump the gun, concluding stuff hastily when we're just beginning.

(Maybe I shouldn't have worded it like what in such an enthusiastic way,...an effect of being this grossed to this comic once, I guess. I don't give a rat's ass if the people's favourite - Sup Forums's, tumblr's or etc - gets the chop anyway, it's the action and suspense I'm after.)

I wish we had gotten Ed's original spirit instead of this thing that Zack obviously shoehorned because he happened to be watching Jojo.

What's your favorite page, Sup Forums?
Mine is Lucifer chewing out Spender. I really like his character.

That's a great one. I fucking love his design, too.

The ones with best girl.

What? Muse is fucking great.

What did the original spirit look like though?

I can't be the only one to think that this page would work better without jokes

like, Ed actually beating them up. I mean, he SHOULD be a badass, with all the training.

Technically 2 pages but it is still one of the best sequences in the comic

Did people complain about no backgrounds during the time around these pages?

Reminder that Jeff's full name is canonically Jeffavorite Flavors

No, they reject the gender binary so they don't identify with either sex. We don't know what their genitals are.

It's no comparison, we regularly got pages like this.

what this user saidPlus the lack of backgrounds there helps the eventual joke

Not that different. I definitely like the paint palette hands and feet more.

Hitball wasn't that funny.
Can't spread the Ed.

This page was nearly 2 years ago

Crazy hypothesis, guys. What if the lack of a background isn't just laziness on Zach's part, but some side effect of hijack? It's a subtle way of showing everyone is really caught up in their own minds and unaware of their general surroundings except only when they absolutely have to be. While we're complaining about the lack of interesting background art, this is part of a long term plan to show the effects and capabilities of this new spirit.

Yes, it follows directly after the pages user wondered about in

oh my god. Has Zack done it? Is Paranatural finally back????