Just got back from seeing this. Nostalgiafags can take it up the ass. This version is better

Just got back from seeing this. Nostalgiafags can take it up the ass. This version is better.

Something that stuck out to me was how well executed it is. They had a pretty small budget and got a huge amount of production value out of it, likely due to the scale of the movie. The effects were good, the directing and shot selection were very solid, and it did a good job of effecting different moods. It could feel pretty comfy but could also feel incredibly stressful and heavy, almost oppressive at times.

On top of that, I like the direction they took with Pennywise. Tim Curry's depiction is a bit campy, and the character feels like a more grounded, regular man who also happens to be an off-kilter clown. Even though he's preying on the children, he feels bored and passive. Skarsgard's Pennywise feels like an incredibly hostile cosmic force unnaturally trying to blend itself into the world that it's projected into. It's movements, mannerisms and appearance feel somewhat alien, detached from the reality it feeds off of. It is also completely relentless, and feels like a more constant, pressing threat. When it attacks, it fucking attacks, and the scenes in which it does feel very stressful and are actually quite tense. Their interpretations of the characters are very different, and this version is closer to what king described and intended in the book. That point isn't even debatable regardless of how asshurt it makes the contrarians.

I didn't go in expecting a lot, but I was pleasantly surprised. No I'm not a shill, just my 2 cents.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SpnWwqwwkTU
youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
youtu.be/6O2y1qwHHmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're a faggot. Curry had the better performance

Never watched the original but this was pretty lame desu senpai baka

awesome, thanks for the insight. never thought about it like that

retard

Yeah the movie was pretty good. The nostalgia fags for the original are pretty insufferable I will say

Is based stephen based king our based ourguy?

>The virgin Skarsgard edge
>The chad Curry trepidation

I just saw IT.
This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster I've seen in years. Literally years..
The movie itself seems to capture that 80s feeling we've seen in Stranger Things and other important work. Do your part and see it in theaters.

No point in aguing it because people who think the remake is better are obviously 13 years old

It's not that adults are blinded by nostalgia, it's that they are aware of the uniqueness and subtleties of the original and unimpressed by the hollywood formula and lack of imagination in the remake.

I wouldn't be able to watch with a straight face, because of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=SpnWwqwwkTU

>uniqueness and subtleties of the original
elaborate

KEK. The miniseries is laughably bad on all counts when viewed today. Even Curry just comes off as extremely hammy. The new movie is actually a competently made film and is better in pretty much every way. Also, it's not a remake

Name a similar movie.

A looming sense of nervousness and uneasiness from cinematic atmosphere and truly unpredictable scenes instead of jumpscares and a scary monster. Tim Curry's 11/10 performance.

I've seen Stranger Things but I haven't seen Important Work yet. Didn't know that it was set in the 80's. Sounds cool.

>Its not that adults are blinded by nostalgia
It literally is. There is no 'uniqueness' or 'subtlety' to the miniseries. The new movie actually has a ton more subtle shit going on the background.

The original is to Alexander the Great(1956) as the remake is to Alexander(2004).

One is significantly better than the other. One is more beloved by children and people who dislike anything that strays from the hollywood formula.

for me it's the utter lack of transparency regarding this whole thing being done in two parts
and nobody seems to understand why that bothers me.
>oh it's a long book they couldn't do it in one movie
that's fine. just tell us this is part one. I'm not saying it should have been crammed into one movie. I'm saying that you should let me know up front that i'm purchasing tickets to half a story and i won't be seeing the next half for a year and a half.

Name a similar movie.

>purchasing tickets to a made for TV movie
kids these days and their bizarre arguments...

I watched the original last week. I hardly felt any nervousness or uneasiness watching it, whereas with the new one Pennywise felt like a real, pressing threat. If anything the difference in effected atmosphere plays better in this one because I think it's scarier and is truer to the book.

The 1990 version is not scary, it isn't really creepy, and it isn't special. It's mediocre.

90s version is a lot better, a lot more thematic, a lot more psychological. You can really take something away from that movie. New one is quippy and over exaggerative. They show things they really don't need to show for cheap shocks. They pull stupid jokes to make the audience laugh to make up for their complete lack of a theme. In the old one Bev prays to god for the Silver clump to land and kill pennywise because her belief in god at that moment overpowered her fear of Pennywise. It didn't even matter that the clump was silver it's their power of the belief that only silver would work is what allowed them to kill pennywise. She also tells Eddie that it doesn't matter if his medicine is a placebo because the power of his belief relieved his stress.In the new one there is no mention of the power of believeing or any mention of god or the supernatural hand of luck at all. The Jewish kids prayer in the old one and the power of faith that is in all the kids but dead in the adults makes the mini-series so much more kino than this schlocky BS. The kids seem just as soulless as the adults in this one. Maybe if you were looking for a horror movie to scare you because your 12 years old you might like the new one if you're looking for a good story you'll like the old. Pennywise being a clown in the new It is completely irrelevant to the plot he doesn't do anything with it also his clown outfit looks fucking retarded.

Watch it again when you're an adult.

Alright champ. It's too bad you have to bring down the level of discussion to calling me a child, especially since that's what every insufferable nostalgiafag on here seems to do

The new one is better. Get over it

meant for

Cuckold

The new It is shIT

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o

>It's movements, mannerisms and appearance feel somewhat alien
>It's

Opinion discarded. Shame, too, because you were making some sense.

Jesus Christ I legitimately cannot fathom how you could possibly think that piece of shit miniseries is actually good

An adult wouldn't respond the way you are.

Nice argument you stupid faggot

If you didn't like the old It you probably weren't raised in a judeo-christian environment so the judeo-christian themes are going to fall flat and not emotional stimulate you like they would a person with a spirit.

>"IT'S NOT UNIQUE!!1!"
>gets asked to name a similar movie
>...

small grammatical mistake. missed it cause I thought for a second I was referring to It in a possessive sense

Faggot

The new one had no theme, nothing to take away like the old one did it's just cheep laughs and dumb dick jokes and characters that only the new generation could relate too

Fair enough

Mind expanding on some of these "Judeo-Christian" themes you're referring to?

It being unique doesn't mean it somehow makes up for an obvious lack of quality. It also doesn't make it, by default, better than the 2017 version. Only a pleb would think so.

It's like they tried to hard to make Pennywise scary and sinister looking that it ended up being the exact opposite.

I quite liked the new one. As far as modern horror movies go it was really good. But it still felt very much like a modern horror movie. Formulaic and overproduced. Setup, buildup, scare. Repeat a few times. Throw in some plot, character building. Repeat a few more times, etc.

But I suppose old horror movies felt samey as well when you put a few in a line, like omen or the exorcist.

2017 IT is a family movie full of blockbuster commonplaces.
All of the «creepy» stuffs rely on jumpscares and mundane situations like zombies apparition.
This is why the storytelling is too fragmented, which is very annoying like this ridiculous montage in the second-half part of the movie.

No, but it's part of why it's better as the 2017 is hollywood horror formula 101 garbage.

Why the fuck dosent anyone ever mention when the clown opens his face up?!

>2017 IT is a family movie
It's rated R

That part was great

>Bev missed the first shots with the slingshot against It both when they're fighting the clown version and the spider version
>she prays to God both times for the next shot to land and both times it does
>the Jewish kids prayer keeps the fear of IT from overpowering him
>the speech that the priest is giving st Georgie's funeral starts off in the middle when the priest is saying for thou art with me and thy rod and thy staff comfort me >youtu.be/6O2y1qwHHmk
>cynicism and disbelief is routinely shown to be something bad
>When mike and Billie meet up as adults they both say that it felt like some force was guiding them when they were kids to confront IT
>the whole lucky seven thing was supposed to show that the power of their love and commitment to each other gave them spiritual protection the number 7 of course is incredibly important in the Bible and pops up everywhere
>Oh yeah and at the end of the movie Billie literally refers to IT as the devil

Because barely anyone on this board saw the fucking movie and haven't rewatched the miniseries since they were kids. They're literally arguing about how a miniseries they barely remember is better than a movie they never saw.

>Kid gets his arm ripped off
>Shows piles of dead kids
>Massive amounts of blood
>Tons of swearing
>Pedophilia themes
>"Family movie"

Wanna know how I know you're retarded?

it was fucking trash
>nice creepy shot of pennywise morphing into the lady's face covered with hair
>LOL GIANT CGI CLOWN ON ALL FOURS BLINKING LIGHTS WELCOME TO HELL WELCOME TO HELL
>oh the lights are blinking slowly with a shot of the wall I wonder what will happen
>CLOWN WITH TEETH WOo
>LMAO LITTLE KID ZOMBIE SCREAMING WITH DEMONIC VOICE
>pennywise suiciding in the butcher shop
>LOL HANDS ON FIRE

I can imagine a father telling his son "you're a grow-up fellow now, let's watch this not-so-creepy horror movie together with your mother"

The Babadook monster is actually scart. 2017 Pennywise is like that faggot down the street every Halloween trying to hard to be the coolest trick or treat giver in the house down on the block with the best costume, spoopiest sound effects and gives out rees's peanut butter cups to the kiddos

Does the new one have a time skip like the last one?

>can't even post without relying on the old and busted reddit format of "LOL IRONY"

Basically all post-80s horror movies could be described this way. Do you even enjoy movies?

No it's just them as kids the adult one is gonna be part 2

No, it's just focused on the kid portion of the story. It works as a standalone movie, really, but they're going to make a part 2 with them as adults.

>the old one is corny but has its moments
>the new one is cringy but has its moments
They'll both be fine desu

By making a movie with teens in the 90's (instead of the 60's) you can touch the 40 yo parents who grew up back then as much as their teen children.

>movie about a killer clown
>want it to be le psychological le subtle
Lol retard pseuds

>no new posts with this ID
someone's anally hemorrhaged.

No one I've talked to in person about the movie has said that they think the movie is "cringey". I mean some were basically indifferent, but I'm not sure exactly what made you cringe. Are you so jaded and cynical that you can't enjoy anything?

Yeah I can agree with that. You're right I was going to hard on the first one I didn't really hate it while I was watching it but the old one Is definently a lot better to me

Sup Forums has no IDs retard, it has an IP count
Go back

>yeah dude just turn your brain off and enjoy it and then forget to turn it back on again

Please never post again

I meant I was going to hard on the new one not the first one

> People who think "Why does he have to be so mean!?" was a dramatically valid piece of dialogue

> People who think three or four good Pennywise scenes make up for a dogshit rest of the miniseries

> People who think Curry was a predatory force instead of an uninterested frontman for a shitty spider graphic that Curry himself literally said "wasn't very scary"

I'm this guy And I didn't mention anything about Tim currys performance and pretty much everything you said had nothing to do with my post so I have no idea why you quoted me

They're both painfully mediocre

Double dubs confirms. Nostalgia fags need to stop

The miniseries is bullshit, and you're just quoting scenes as if they're deeper than being a simple thematic reference. The miniseries was a poorly paced, poorly acted mess, and you're acting as if it's some huge work of art. The 1990's IT miniseries was to narrative tension what sadly blowing your load over a twenty year old issue of Hustler is to sex.

This. It's like arguing over Doritos flavors

More like Doritos Tacos at Taco Bell.

Nobody gave a flying fuck about the miniseries until the movie was announced

>implying there is any argument in the first place

It's because cynical contrarian fags rush to attack anything that comes out nowawdays. Being the second time adaption to the source material makes it doubly bad

>Do your part and see it in theaters.
Go fuck yourself kike

No I was saying that the mini-series is better than the movie because it actually has a theme thats the point I was making. Acting is pretty much irrelevant to me in this case because not everyone is great but they have some really strong performances the kids out act the adults in this movie. I can ignore the acting even more if I really love the story and thematic message which I really did in the old IT becaus i feel like it hits its marks and it does really fucking well. Maybe its not an "amazing work of art" in comparison to fucking citizen cane or something but in comparison to the new IT it's the fucking Magnum opus of filmmaking.

Tim Curry's Pennywise was literally a Sup Forums and /x/ meme way before the remake came out.
Correction: No one would give a shit about the remake if the miniseries never happened.

>Original
Low budget made for TV trash

>Remake
Generic derivative trash

>Compared to the new IT it's the magnum opus of filmmaking
>Who cares about acting
>Is worse than the new movie in practically every way
You nostalgia fucks are insufferable

I've been on Sup Forums since 2006 and can't recall a single time I've seen the miniseries discussed before this movie was announced

I watched the old IT last night for the first time and then I watched the new IT a little bit later so i don't like it because of nostalgia

Nice ironic shitposting

just got back from seeing it too. Didn't think it was at all scary. not for a moment. it was basically Stranger Things: the Movie.
>Hey, guys! Remember the 80's?
>Oooh I meember
great visuals though, in fact most of it was brilliant, just didn't work as a 'horror' movie.
and FUCK ME the pictures online don't do her justice

So, what? The acting doesn't matter, you just like the theme? What kind of cop out argument is that? You can't find something the original concretely did better than the remake, so you just talk about some vague "oooh it does it's themes better" bullshit?

What fucking themes? Loss of innocence going into adulthood? The second half of the IT movies hasn't even been made, so you've not got a direct comparison. The power of belief? That's arguably represented by the fact that IT is only powerful in the movie if they believe they can't fight against it. Plus, the whole "childhood power of imagination and innocent belief is the true power!" shit is overplayed and schlocky. I'd much rather see a group of shithead losers work out that the monster can't hurt them if they choose to value their friendships rather than their fears, than have some hand wavey magic crock about how kids have imaginations that are the magic equivalent of God's cock.

the book sucks the mini series sucks the movie sucks

I get it millenials love creepy clowns. holy shit talk about basic bitches

you wanna see creepy clowns?
killer clowns from outerspace does ten times the horror.

also, it's Citizen Kane not Citizen Cane, you spastic.

the fact that you're not even defending it out of nostaglia, but rather in an attempt to hide your pleb nature in a pathetic attempt to identify with nostalgia fags, makes you look all the more like a fag

I think you're completely misrepresenting my point here. Old IT was high quality comfy Christ-kino like Just like the other Stephen king mini-series The Stand was. It's not about the power of belief or kids imagination or some faggy shit you ignorant idiot. The new one is just vapid it's got no substance no spirit no wholesomeness like the old one has. Sorry your parents never took you to church and you were raised without a soul so you can't pick up on the obvious themes the old one is trying to show because it's not really subtle

It's 15+ in the UK. Which means soft ass kiddie horror.

You're completely right, I was misrepresenting you. I legit thought your point was more than "I'm a god botherer and wish I was alive forty years ago". I'd say kys but if "you were raised without a soul" sounds hurtful to you, then I guess your ability to cum is enough of an insult to all of us anyway.

>No I'm not a shill, just my 2 cents.

meanwhile at /fa/

"Muh tim curry" muttered denotes the retarded look on someones face when a befuddled Sup Forums member cant elaborate on why the original is good

I asked for a legitimate reason why The miniseries was better in another thread twice, and neither got a response

>But child orgies are A-OK!

I was alive 40 years ago :(

Remember: you're here forever

Let's atleast all agree on this old Richie > New Richie