Is Cinemassacre dead?

I've been a fan of AVGN and James Rolfe's amazing reviews since like 2008 now, but ever since Ryan and Mike have taken over the channel, and James has gotten distracted by his kids, the channel's quality in content has gone down the fucking shitter. They don't put out any unique or interesting content anymore. Remember "Top 10 Sequels That Aren't As Bad As Everyone Says" or some of that other shit? That was insightful and unique to the channel. Nothing like that happens there anymore. Mike and Ryan just follow the trends and do shit like Nintendo Switch videos. I really do miss the old days of Cinemassacre, and I'm saying this an fan of James. I hate to see this happen.

youtu.be/A48VjIYyZq4
>those dislikes
How long until it gets removed and lays next to BROWN BRICKS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ffZgq3yvB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cinemassacre is the plebberest. It's like "Cult Movies for Dummies 101"

Yeah you guys should just bring back Bootsy and pay him whatever he wants

those digits

You're just jealous you don't get paid to play video games or have a wife and kid like he does. Ryan is more of a man than you will ever be.

It's not dead, per se, but it's been... not as good as the past.

Cinemassacre Plays is fun sometimes when Mike streams.

I legitimately cannot watch any videos where Ryan is in them, he makes me uncomfortable just by looking at him, and it's even worse when he talks. Things were okay when they started pushing James and Mike Mondays, they were moderately entertaining and comfy in a way. But now that Ryan decided to slide himself in their videos talking about simple shit everybody else is talking about, I just can't forgive them for this. They must get rid of Ryan and rectify their relationship with Based Bootsy

Holy shit, this thread just keeps giving out dubs.

Bootsy is too Alpha to be around those low test faggots.

This. Also you nigger lovers need to stop using nigger vernacular when talking about Bootsy

James is old and busted, he had one last chance with his movie and he blew it. It's all been downhill since then.

I felt like the death of Cinemasscre was official when Bootsy was fired by Mike. Bootsy was the last person in the way from Mike's total take over of the channel and it's sickening. James is grown up - he has a family and enough money to retire. Think about it....Cinemassacre is all Mike has, if he loses control of the channel, he risks James hanging up his hat or Fat Ryan pulling strings his shitty Screenwave media to take control from him. Mike is the epicenter of everything wrong with Modern Cinemasscre and left to his own devices, we get click bait, flavor of the week spam with no substance, will be outdated days after it's uploaded and lacks every quality that James put into his older videos. There's no heart. No Kyle Justin, only shitty fan renditions of the main theme song. No Monster Madness. Nothing to look forward to.

Mike handles the channel like a dictator. He bans people that criticize his choices. He pins comments that praise him and Ryan. He uses sockpuppet accounts to defend himself on reddit (elvis8atari). He ripped off an old woman for a Klingon Costume. Loco Bandito. Dick pics posted proudly on twitter and then gaslights anyone who brings it up. Mike hates games as much as he hates himself. Bags under his eyes full on Grimmace purple. No Gadget to push his shit in when he gets too cocky.

It fucking sucks, it sucking fucks...and I don't like it.

What are you going on about? the AVGN video the other day was pretty funny, I dont think hes lost his touch, I only sub for the AVGN vids anyway so it doesnt really bother me as long as he continues making videos

/thread

>liking post-2007 nerd

>Remember "Top 10 Sequels That Aren't As Bad As Everyone Says" or some of that other shit? That was insightful and unique to the channel.
Nothing about that sounds insightful at all

Justice for Bootsy when?

james rolfe is popular because he's a lovable guy and there's something incredibly sincere about everything he does. I don't think he even understands that. he loves schlocky stuff and that is partly why avgn works at some level. in his mind it's just a comical b-movie character which he plays with conviction. he channels his petty grievances with video games into an unsympathetic nerd, unlike most other "angry gamers" which believes there's something admirable about being pissed off by some shitty video game movie tie-in from the 90s

mike is a "typical" nerd. he's probably just as sincere as james but while james presents his affections with humility mike does it with the usual nerd tendencies of elitism and sarcasm. he's tolerable in smaller doses and does serve a purpose when it comes to nerd knowledge, he is someone who's at least at the same level as james on many topics

ryan is a downgrade from mike and that's saying a lot. bootsy and the singer dude added something to the mix because they weren't insufferable nerds

Yeah I'm blocked from the AVGN youtube channel. I've always seen Mike and James as a kind of "Jobs/Wozniak" esque friendship in the worst way.

All I ever see Mike trying to do is capitlize off James success, its basically why James Rolfe off camera has such a terrible fucking social media presence, its controlled by Maggot Matei, who cant make a video worht his shit, and all James ever wants to do is make movies and content to be as entertaining as possible.

And James has said himself he's an old man who has never really bothered about distribution or social media, he makes shit for anyone who wants to watch, not to get people to watch. Its also why James got suckered into that insulting dogshit deal with screwattack, Im really happy the guy is doing great and doesn't give a fuck about what Mike is doing to cinemassacre, I think he made content for cinemassacre like a champ, and you could see that in every video he made, there was passion and no feeling of obligation or pandering, but handling cinemassacre as a brand he did poorly.

>james rolfe is popular because he's a lovable guy
James Rolfe is popular because he was one of the first people to turn reviewing games online into a form of entertainment

What bags? What are you talking about? Mike doesn't have bags under his eyes?

This. Mike's a very handsome guy, and super funny and talented. James is lucky to have a friend like him.

He means his 10 inch dick

wow this one is actually funny

LOL, it's true! Mike has a HUGE Penis!

And has anyone else noticed Mike has more range as an actor than James? James plays the nerd pretty well (not as good as Mike could) but Mike plays The Joker, Bugs Bunny, The Cowardly Lion, the list goes on.

James Rolfe is a simpleton who can barely get through a sentence without umming and erring when he's just speaking during a behind the scenes video or J&M Mondays video. He can't think of something funny to say off the cuff and you give him time to script something and his idea of "comedy" is just toilet humour and shouting swear words like a twelve year old. His one shot at getting into feature film making, AGVN movie, was a horrible disaster and shows his utter lack of talent and skill at what he dedicated his life to.
That said, his genuine love of cinema and humble demeanor make him hard to hate, and you have to admire his perseverance for so long. He's kind of like a retarded puppy. Mike is exactly like James without the likability and even more of a spaz, even long-time cinemassacre fans hate Mike after all the shit he's pulled over the years.

Mike has been courageously battling HIV for the past three years. Leave him alone.

The latest Angry Video Game Nerd was pretty sad.

sure, it's a perfect storm kind of thing.
but I think the nerd's legacy will be the most enduring (or whatever legacy you can expect from a pop culture critic) because he saw the "irate reviewer man" as an inherently comical character rather than something aspirational. there's a healthy distance there

It felt like he was being overly angry because people have been saying AVGN hasn't been angry enough, but it felt like misplaced anger.

Never died, more popular than ever. You just grew out of this bullshit. If it was still 2008 you would love it, hell people unironically liked Adam Sessler back then.

I had no idea HIV was infectious to brands

Honestly I'd say he's a pretty competent director. The AVGN movie was shit because it had a shit script. He needs someone to ground him and bring him back to reality. I think the AVGN movie would have been great if he had decided to treat the character as an angry basement dweller that nobody gives a shit about instead of making him out to be some kind of retro gaming folk hero who everyone loves and cheers for.

Didn't you see the latest AVGN? It was total garbage.

No redeeming moment, not even a single funny joke or line, the script was 100% unfunny and boring, and the performance was pure overacted cancer.

The will all go down. fast.

That probably would have been a better idea. The opposite of a Linkara movie.

Ryan is fucking terrible, a fat, ugly, charisma vacuum with a whiny voice, they need to ditch his ass.

How fat is his wife?

Ryan OWNS their asses.

Maybe he would be an okay director but everything he's ever made has been at the service of a wacky internet character so he's never showcased any real skill. AVGN movie was filled with terrible green screens and other shitty elements too, so just getting a good script wouldn't help much.
I'm convinced that Ryan is only there so that Mike looks better in comparison.

Sad but true. James a "good guy" and all that bullshit but he is nothing without Mike helping him out. This is why the original nerd content is still the best and most pure then it changes and "evolves" while being good then it turns to total shit.

It felt like a Nostalgia Critic episode. It hit all the same beats. No breathing room to enjoy the jokes or coy observations. Just rushing his way through to a screaming climax. I think this is a test by James to see if he could put in even less effort into AVGN. Smaller, lower quality AVGN, but more frequent.

Holy shit, that woman's face is terrifying!

What did he mean by this?

>about
Cinemasscre fucking died a few years ago, but Mike revived it, seems like everybody fucking forgot about this.

Don't talk about my wife that way.

>AVGN movie was filled with terrible green screens and other shitty elements too
Yeah that's definitely true, but I think a lot of that falls onto what the shit he tried to shoehorn into the script. That whole scene inside the British dude's secret hideout where he's jumping on lava pits and shit like that was absolutely fucking retarded and the entire sequence was basically just saying "hey guys, remember old video games???". That's what I mean about him needing someone to bring him back to reality, he doesn't need to do all these ridiculous effects and try to make things bombastic. The practical effects weren't half bad but once again they felt like he was trying to shove them into the movie because he felt like they needed to be there rather than making any actual contribution to the plot. I think if he was put on a low-budget project that didn't rely on effects he could be pretty successful, but until he stops trying to emulate B-movies and try something that actually has some subtlety we won't really know.

>It felt like a Nostalgia Critic episode.
Damn

Why is James so afraid of Mike?

Oh, look
A free ipad

Are James and Mike the Brian and Mike of our time?

it's easy to pick out failings with his work or why his critical assessments aren't really that incisive.
obviously I can see that stuff as well, what interests me is the reasons I find him endearing. to talk about conceptual depth or intellectual ability when the guy is someone who's made a career out of saying banana raincoat wearing bitch doesn't really cut it.

the only thing that would allow him to gracefully branch out from his avgn character is directorial abilities or mike matei just moving the channel into more typical nerd pop culture areas of top10s and such. right now it seems they've settled on the mike matei route which is kind of a shame

I'm fine with Cinemassacre right now. Back in 2008 they were releasing like three videos a month tops. I don't watch all the shit they put out these days, but it's a good go-to channel when I got 20 minutes to kill. Just stop treating James like some kind of friend simulator.

Yeah, but back then you would wait and maybe actually expect to see something decent put out for the wait. Now Cinemassacre is like a machine shitting out low quality click bait trash on a schedule to meet YouTube's demands.

Is this the worst video on their channel? It was painful to watch, I couldn't even finish it.

That video with the elmo movie was probably the worst for me

It has so many dislikes because it was a shit video.
Seriously it looks like a middle schooler made it christ sakes.

>"who cares about quality, you idiots will literally see anything"
>"thanks for the ad revenue suckers"

Do you not want him to spend time with his brats? I just consider James retired. Ryan and Mike are the inheritors.

His youthful spontaneity died. In the beginning he was hilarious. It's like watching a good Eddie Murphy movie when he was in his 20's versus that crap he did called Showtime with DeNiro trying to recapture that youth. Some of us just get older, tired and more stale.

Y'know, it just reminded me of ROB the Robot.

But, the ROB episode was better.

This dude right here...I truly used to think Jonathan Mann had more talent after his X-Play musical and some of his documentaries, like when he played music for Miyamoto.

Talk about a descent into Autism. He's been writing a song a day, everyday for 5 years. Nobody watches them, except for his iPhone related songs or that one time where he wrote an ode to being beta as fuck.

She literally looks like the poster office girl with the most punchable face and fake personality.

God that beta cuck song...

Maybe the worst video on their channel right now. But not ever.

EVERY. DAY. FOR. FIVE. YEARS.

I think it's just Mike who pushes him to make all this garbage.

What the fuck? How did I not hear about this?

Who is this guy? The only thing I've ever seen was his video where he sings that song that goes

>Fuck John McCain
>I'd never with death on anyone from cancer of the brain, but still
>Fuck John McCain

That's what that old fuck deserves for being willing to continue the debate on Obamacare repeal.

Jonathan Mann was known for his Game Jew series back in the early days of Screwattack. He was an oddball, but a nice guy. Used to make music videos about Nintendo and Mario. He ended up writing music for G4 at one point. Then he found brief success after Steve Jobs liked one of his videos about the iPhone...then he decided to make a song a day, every day, forever. His channel is a portrait of absolute madness. Just makes NuMale anthems, iPhone songs and anti-conservative diddies. I don't even feel like I'm describing the same person anymore, a farcry from GameJew.

which song

youtube.com/watch?v=5ffZgq3yvB0

What video is this?

holy shit

What happened to based bootsie?

Ryan made the video.

Mike claims he left to pursue his own thing but Bootsy has said that he was fired and felt shafted. If you ask me, Mike was just upset that Bootsy was so beloved by viewers.

i unsubbed when mike kicked out bootsy because the fans like bootsy more and bootsy is better at vidya

I watched it a few hours ago and I genuinely had to struggle to remember what the episode was about. And this isn't my Alzheimer's. It was a bad episode.

Also Ryan is fucking terrible. He owns the MCN or whatever that cinemassacre's in so apparently just fucks his way into everything.

He asked Mike for money for his time & work on the channel. Out of jealousy and greed, Mike kicked him off the channel and told everyone Bootsy left to pursue music (which was a half truth). Bootsy revealed in a few tweets that he was no longer welcome at Cinemassacre and promised to continue Bootsy beats on his own channel. The first game on the new Bootsy Beats was going to be Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!! Not even a day after Bootsy' announcement of the MT Bootsy Beats, Mike decided to stream himself beating Mike Tyson's Punch-Out...essentially stealing Bootsy's thunder.

Bootsy went on to make some decent music, but he's mostly been absent from YT since then. Fucking shame.

ALSO I don't think Mike liked the idea of someone on the crew being better at games than him.

>all those comments saying "it's just like old AVGN!" by people with anime avatars.

I HATE when people make comments like this because none of the newer AVGNs have been like the old.

What's interesting about Rolfe is that he has absolutely no charisma or personality yet still manages to be likable through his passion for film.

James should seriously get a job just doing making-of documentaries and stuff for movies in production. I'm not sure how much he'd be able to resist putting himself in front of the camera though.

I think they're doing what they need to do to keep going. I honestly think they're doing great and James still posts weekly videos, whether its a movie review of some sort or his playlist thing. He's doing what he likes! Also Mike sometimes does different videos, like the Ducktales video he did not long ago.

I really like their content, and I don't mind Ryan in the talk about games videos, however he's not as fun to watch as Bootsy in my opinion. I really wish Mike and Bootsy would patch things up.

I am glad that they touch on more modern games with talk about games. It's what the channel needed.

I personally want more board james.

Mike also did the play through of Silver Surfer, obviously trying to one up Bootsy for that time he totally handed James and Mike their asses.

i like his stuff but james is legitimately retarded. dude has no personality and has NOTHING to offer in way of critique/analysis/anything remotely interesting even when talking about things he's supposedly passionate about

mike is his fucking handler for christs sake. james is completely hands off in dealing with anything cinemassacre related because he just doesnt understand things, and he has to be motivated by mike to do any work. no mike no cinemassacre. there is no saving it the channel

Rolfe is legitimately autistic to some degree

both James and Mike have two extremes; they're either bland as a piece of soggy bread on James and Mike Mondays, or exaggerated cartoon characters who scream every line during AVGN episodes. I genuinely don't believe that James could write realistic characters subtly who aren't screaming and making exaggerated facial expressions all the time.

>I am glad that they touch on more modern games with talk about games. It's what the channel needed.
Watching James play anything that requires more than 2 buttons is always embarrassing and he should stick to NES and the handful of SNES games he's good at. Mike is barely any better.

what was the dogshit deal that screw attack gave him? I never knew what they were paying him for his avgn vids.

To be honest I like Mike, I dont give a fuck about his bandito comics and I don't care if he screwed over some woman with a costume. The dude is entertaining to me and I appreciate his efforts to help the channel. To be honest without Mike there would be no cinemassacre. Mike was the dude who encouraged James to do more with AVGN.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

>Watching James play anything that requires more than 2 buttons is always embarrassing and he should stick to NES and the handful of SNES games he's good at. Mike is barely any better.

You'd think for a channel about videogames they'd be better at them -- though, kudos to Mike for being pretty damn good at Ninja Gaiden. Still, watching them seriously play a game often angers me.

I do like J&MM, but it's hard watching them actually play from time to time.