Underrated movies

Post/discuss 'em!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnJqvhfvqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's this about, opee?

It's a decent coming of age flick staring Amber Heard.

Literally the biggest pleb filter on the planet
In 20+ years it'll be this generations 2001: A Space Odyssey

Top Gun

i really enjoyed that movie. Too bad the off screen issues have killed any possible real sequel with snow white.

I respect this movie a lot but honestly some of it was kind of dumb. It did do a lot fantastically right, but it lacks the weight to be like 2001

Blue Ruin is more underrated. I've seen lots of praise for Green Room even if it is a bit under the radar

This scene is underrated

The Man Who Wasn't There
Tideland
Andromeda Strain

fuck off

yeah im really tied between them, blue ruin is amazing

I need to get around to seeing that

>Tideland
How did they get away with those kissing scenes with the retard?

This is such a fun movie. Still can't believe Billy Boyd voiced Chucky's son. Very random casting decision but it works

Because they weren't silly kisses

>amber heard

i see reason enough to watch

Autism AND Operatorkino

I feel Ewan Mcgregor's performance in this this is pretty underrated. The scene where he borrowed a phone to call family after the Tsunami was really incredible.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnJqvhfvqI

frailty is fuckin great.

rip hudson

I saw this in theaters and thought it was really good, kind of convoluted plot if I remember correctly.

Great movie, really deserves more recognition.

Imo one of the best films of the 2010s.

>summer glau

Yes, please.

Pawn Shop Chronicles (2013)
Brendan Fraser, Evil Frodo, Paul Walker, naked caged sexy slave girls - It's got everything!!!

PICK RELATED

Paul Walker was great in this

Whole movie takes place inside of a car, which is a lame gimmick desu, but it was really good iirc.

the minus man

is that prometheus?

the most criminally underrated film ever

Very good movie. Better than john wick

this is so sexy, love it

not underrated by any sense

>Hunger (2008)
Everybody always harps on Shame, and of course 12 Years A Slave, but this fuckin' movie is something else.

>In preparation for his role, Michael Fassbender went on a special diet of less than 900 calories a day for ten weeks. After meeting with a nutritionist, he settled on a diet of berries, nuts, and sardines, and underwent periodic medical checks. In an interview with The Telegraph, Fassbender said that he skipped, did yoga, and walked four and a half miles day, but also added that he had difficulty sleeping, and stopped seeing friends
>The film is also notable for an unbroken 17-minute shot, in which a priest played by Liam Cunningham tries to talk Bobby Sands out of his protest. In it, the camera remains in the same position for the duration of the shot. To prepare for the scene, Cunningham moved into Michael Fassbender's apartment for a time while they practiced the scene between twelve and fifteen times a day. According to Fassbender, they only did five takes

Nice pick, OP. It really is worth watching if you like slasher flicks. It's slick and well done.

I stopped watching this one I think when one of the prisoners was picking at the screen/fence in front of the window of his cell. There was also a fly in that scene.

I really liked it but I haven't seen it in awhile and can't really remember if the God visions stuff was real or they were just crazy. I don't recall if there was anything in the movie that confirmed it one way or the other.

kek you have to be fucking kidding me. Decent visuals and music don't make up for zero substance and shit performances

>that little girl grew up to have huge tits
It makes me feel like everything will be okay

30 Days of Night
Nebraska
The Rainmaker

Blanchett was so hot back then, still is too. Also, damn what a stacked cast.

And directed by Sam Raimi

Better than the hobbit movies

I enjoy these threads

Sup Forums actually makes decent suggestions and I watch movies I missed.

3:10 to Yuma

>zero substance

underrated

Agreed. It was an amazing first watch. The only thing I felt that close enough was the Twin Peaks finale

Watched this last night and it was great

and the counselor

watch it again with that uncertainty. it's the whole point of the movie. shit, the title is a reference to the confusion of the characters and how fragile faith can be.

I loved it and Lohman

Schizopolis

yeah that movie was great, hell anything that Mamet does is fucking Kino.

Fun modern giallo horror. Not much of a story, but if you like trippy visual effects it's cool.

The Counselor was fucking awesome

it's like a 7/10 at best

a fun watch but it's not as impactful or resonant as something like 2001

also Mamet

kek I remember watching this at my cousins house when I was like 10

classic I-feel-like-I'm-not-supposed-to-be-watching-this kino

Just re-watched this last night for the first time since it came out. It is pretty good but definitely didn't reach the level of Super Troopers for good reason.

Just stop. This shit has gotten so embarrassing.

Just report it. Report every single sneed post you see.

tried watching this after seeing that creepy ass gif all the time and was really disappointed, it was boring as fuck