I had never read any capes up until the last few years...

I had never read any capes up until the last few years, before that my only exposure to comics was weirder stuff like Sandman.

I feel like I've missed out on the biggest most hype moments on this board because of that, unless it was an animation (of which there've been some big moments in the last couple years), or a movie I've completely missed it.

On other boards like Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, etc I feel connected with other posters during that, would you say with comics the fandom is more fractured so those moments are more rare? What have been some big events in comics that brought Sup Forums together in the last few years?

Pic related and I guess Snotgirl are the only things I can definitely tell that people are excited for each release and for the accompanying storytime thread.

>What have been some big events in comics that brought Sup Forums together in the last few years?
DON'T MOCK THE SHOCKER, SecretLove's announcement, Guardians of the Galaxy's announcement, "Nothing can stop the Garbage Ape," quite a few.

Multiversity's storytimes, especially Ultra Comix and Pax Americana, were probably the hypest Sup Forums things in recent years.

>"Nothing can stop the Garbage Ape,"

Explain

DEEPESTLORE

See:

Getting united by anger and despair rather than hype happens sometimes too. Like with DC Nation getting screwed over, or that storyline revolving around Doc Ock and Spidey. (The former was about the network putting a block of DC cape cartoons on a hiatus without prior warning, and the latter had some user leaking scans ahead of their release date and storytiming issues that got people pretty emotional.)

I always felt like there was a real sense of community back during the early days of arrow and season 1 of flash.

When the"golden age" of Netflix/cw adaptations startedi suppose

Too many out now

Arrow, flash, shield, Gotham, daredevil, bunch of other ones

People seem to universally love Flintstones, New Super-man, and old storytimes.

What vapid retards get hyped for snotgirl?

Don't forget The Butlering

His get up had to cost way more than a string of pearls.

man what the fuck is heathcliff

I don't post on Sup Forums much but whenever I do I see this fucker's comics and it just leaves me more baffled than ever before

Whole of Rebirth was a very nice time at Sup Forums

Sup Forums is basically Sup Forums if Sup Forums had an eight of it's posters and half of those posters barely even cared about the mediums on the board.
the problem with Sup Forums is that comics are already pretty fucking niche so you really only get a very small amount of people who read comics regularly and if you want Sup Forums to talk about a comic that isn't very well known on here you better be ready to storytime it

You forgot Sup Forumsmblr. I mean, I don't mind those people but they have a tendency to attract Sup Forums here

the same kind of retard taht gets hyped for Gwenpool

>Pic related and I guess Snotgirl are the only things I can definitely tell that people are excited for

Is this bait? Of its bait with that shit OP pic.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at how Rebirth went.

>Deathstroke
>Red Hood
>New Super-man
>Aquaman
>the GL books
>Supergirl

Are all pretty damn good right now.

Have you been in the Gwenpool storytime threads? It's mostly comprised of people loving it or being "wait, this is good?"

Compare that to the Justice League/Hellcat/Blue Beetle/Champions storytimes where people are begging for OP to put the thread out of its misery.

>Have you been in the Gwenpool storytime threads? It's mostly comprised of people loving it or being "wait, this is good?"

No, is just a bunch of dudes saying ''lol cute!! Gwenpool is my pure waifu!''

And this reads just as bad as Hellcat, the only reason people like it is because the anime faces not because is actually good

>Guardians of the Galaxy's announcement
Oh, how far you have fallen.

But the experience is priceless!

>reads just as bad as hellcat
you've clearly never read either.

While I think a lot of the Rebirth love has fallen off other than "This. Marvel is Finished" shitposters, Rebirth #1 was definitely a massive hype event for most of Sup Forums.
I say this as someone who didn't read it until several months after it came out, because ">DC" and ">Watchmen".

Snotgirl is shit. This isn't friendly happy time everyone agree on a comic board. This is Sup Forums. We dicuss comics and cartoons, there will always be someone who thinks something is good and someone who thinks something is shit. If you want to go to a comic or cartoon board where everyone agrees go to the happy sunshine land that is redit. If you want to hear criticisms for comics or cartoons come to Sup Forums.

Yes it reads the same, is the same bullshit pop culture cellphone references, mary sue lead and nothing happens ever, let alone nothing that matter or will be references outside those shitty books.

Even Squirrel girl is a more beloved book at this point than those two turds

>While I think a lot of the Rebirth love has fallen off other than "This. Marvel is Finished" shitposters

No way, Marvel is on the shitter right now.

They don't even have 5 good books.

Yeah, no shit. It's just that, the hype having died down, the general attitude seems to have shifted to be that Rebirth is pretty good, but that it's kind of at the baseline of what a company's quality should be, and it's only really special because we've had years of dogshit.

Well, what do you expect? A mental orgasm in every page or something?

DC books have been better that they have been in years and that started with the new 52, not Rebirth.

Yes new 52 had issues but ended up being beloved and pretty solid in the long run with amazing titles

>Gwempool
>Snotgirl

This thread is bait, those comics are shit and hated all around Sup Forums

>Have you been in the Gwenpool storytime threads? It's mostly comprised of people loving it or being "wait, this is good?"
Don't forget the one extremely persistent shitposter.

Snotgirl isn't known by most of Sup Forums, but yeah, most of the storytimes have been a lot of "wow, why would anyone read about this vapid cunt?"

Gwenpool is extremely well-liked on Sup Forums though so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Have you actually read it?

I've seen 1/2 of gwenpool threads for it and 1/2 against it. Although that seems to just be a marvel thing, you're either into it or you hate it I guess.

My opinion: Gwenpool is shit

You're secretly one of the small minority of very vocal Gwenpool haters, I'm guessing.

considering how autistic you are i thought you'd at least read the book. You contribute half the posts in gwenpool threads.

Snotgirl doesn't even have a real job.

Whereas Gwenpool is stuck in a different universe and trying to get by.

There he is

Like clockwork.

You found him satan. Also, he isnt exactly wrong. Gwenpool isnt stimulating at all