This is the best sci fi film ever made, right?

this is the best sci fi film ever made, right?

If you count meme-films, yes

Hell no, the ending is utter shit.

i enjoyed it immensely however it is probably a 1-time watcher

Top 5 Sci-Fi movies of all time:
1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
3. Arrival
4. Darkstar
5. Time Crimes

>1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
opinion made irrelevant at this point to be honest

I like it very much. Also Komputer (spacey dude) was the best. Those shitty smilies cracked me up. I don't think I've seen a better space kino since...

Not moon.

thats not Star Trek II

Is The Martian decent sci fi? I'm looking for sci-fi movies that are more grounded in our reality, it and Gravity seemed like decent places to start.

I liked The Martian a lot.

1) Star Trek: Nemesis
2) The Last Starfighter
3) Dune
4) Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
5) Star Wars
6) Escape from Witch Mountain
12) The Langoliers
9999999^2^2^2^2^2) Mystery Science Theater 3000

>The Martian
Ewww, no. That film was just not really good. Dr. Mann from Planet Frozen sucks balls.

>Disney reaction gifs
Thanks for giving the board an easy way to know your opinion doesn't need to be considered.

The Martian is a good movie if you haven't read the book.
If you have, it's a commendable attempt but ends up leaving out too much and focusing on the wrong things for it to feel satisfying.
Read the book after the movie for an enjoyable experience.

As for Gravity, its a bit looser on the science, but it tries. Enjoyable if you're down to just munch on popcorn and watch some cool space stuff.

Don't forget Sandra bullock floating around in bare minimum amounts of clothes. Space jockey Clooney is bretty cool

Gravity is objectively the much better Kino than boring Martian, which ultimately is a stinker.

If you literally just started watching movies, sure.

>Is The Martian decent sci fi?
It's gay.

Martian is fun, nothing groundbreaking or even perfectly executed, but it's a fine movie.

I fell asleep in the theater.

It's a very well done one, but it doesn't really do anything new.

This guy said it best. 1 time watcher. The best one is a classic that doesn't get old immediately.

there, there, burger. We all know the walk to the restroom and back can be rather exhausting.

>Predator, Alien, Terminator nowhere to be seen

Uhh, you wanna rethink your list friendo?

Did this movie have an Eldritch feel to it?

DO YOU HATE SCIENCE?!

BLACK WEIRDO SCIENCE ASTRODYNAMICS DUDE WAS ALL LIKE AWESOME BRO!! HE SCIENCED IT UP AND GOT MATT DAMON HOME!

AND MATT DAMON GREW POTATOES ON MARS, ON MARS! HECKIN POTATOES MAN! SCIENCE AS HECK!

EVEN THE KHAN OF KHANS ROSE UP TO THE CHALLENGE AND FIGURED OUT HOW TO TALK TO MATT DAMON USING FRIGGEN SPACE DIALUP MODEMS BRO, WITH THE ORIGINAL ROVER! HECK!

I BET YOU ALSO HATE WOMEN BEING IN CHARGE!

HECK, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE MARSTIAN, YOU'RE NO MOVIEGOER!

Did you, by any chance, watch this movie today in a humanities college class?

>Arrival

>He's one of two things: he's a wacko or an illegal immigrant.
>Either way they need to lock him up. Line 2.

I'm sorry your sides were in tact after that.

quick, someone post the rock and marty copy pasta!

The ending was not bleak, it gave me hope for humanity, therefore I did not enjoy it.

>it gave me hope for humanity
heh

Will I still be able to enjoy Timecrimes if I know the twist? Years ago I had wanted to watch that movie so bad, and then before I had the chance it got fucking spoiled for me, so I never ended up seeing it.

Yes

DUDE CLONING LAMO

*blocks your path*

>muuuuh looove and cats in the box box...box
very funny

No, this is

*unsheathes katana*

>Arrival

What are some ethical issues depicted in Moon?

Does it need one to be great? Anyways, it does have a major one concerning the use of conscious, self aware clones to do labor in an isolated environment and implanted with fake memories.

>arrival
>top anything
ayyyyyyyyyyyyy lmaooooooooo

>Time Crimes
>AKA:The Pervert Who Leapt Through Time

>3. Arrival