Why do so many artists (writers, directors, actors, etc;) smoke? Why is it more prevalent than any other field...

Why do so many artists (writers, directors, actors, etc;) smoke? Why is it more prevalent than any other field? What is it about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jbv5i8jxnps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably cuz deep inside, they're deranged, depressed, confused individuals

they are used to sucking cock to get roles/higher positions/money, they've become so used to it they need constant oral fixation

Because Lynch is a hack

cause cigarettes are kino

Smoking tobacco increases IQ.

Scrolled through to see if it would have Kubrick it didn't so list is based besides the choice of having Lil b on there

because it's the mark of an auteur

Nicotine seems to help with some symptoms of mental illness

Because it looks reeeaall cool man

Because filmmaking is stressful, long and filled with tons of little breaks while stuff gets setup to have a ciggie.

pretty good list outside of 3-4 choices like park chan-wook, bale and tarantino, you're mental if you actually think those 3 are hacks.

did you mean Park, Miyazaki and Lynch

Lynch I especially don't get since even by that charts definition he is not a "hack".
Elephant Man - Eraserhead - Straight Story - Mulholland Dr - all different movies

Lil B is a hack

i missed Miyazaki on the list, Lynch is debatable, especially in his recent years, twin peaks the return was abominably bad and low effort, same with IE, M.Dr and Eraserhead are fantastic though, i enjoyed Lost Highway a lot too, even though it didn't get much praise.

@88032815
(uoY)

and also this

Strangely enough, I had this suspicion too back when I smoked.

I know it technically doesnt calm you down. That would be wrong medically speaking. But it does lower the rpm of one or two of your gears...and sometimes you need it.

Havent smoked in 3 years

>le surreal art director
Lynch is a hack whose most acclaimed films he basically stole from other more obscure films. Case in point, the structure of Mulholland Drive.

youtu.be/Jbv5i8jxnps

Lil B is one of the nicest dudes on the planet tho

>2017
>Doesn't smoke cigarettes

Are you bullied, mentally handicapped or both?

>b-but it kills you

And? Was life a contest about who lives the longest?

>it's addicting!!!

It's not, as long as you're not under-aged and you can smoke in moderation

>it's....IT'S EXPENSIVE!!!

Who forces you to buy a pack every day, fucking peat-gavel

>le dismissive comment
How are Straight Story and Elephant Man surreal?

Thank you for proving my point
So what?

Smoking is more prevalent amongst older people, regardless their profession. Directors tend to be older than 40, they are from another generationg, when they grew up smoking was still considered cool

nicotine is a neurostimulant

sorta

It's disgusting.

>I'm huffing addictive chemicals and gaseous tar because I either don't have the self-control or the good fucking sense to quit

What's your psychological damage user that you need a chemical crutch?

I did not say they were but that Lynch is often characterized as a surrealist director (which is why I brought the example of Mulholland Drive specifically)

name ONE thing that looks cooler than smoking

A black man fucking my wife

spotted the nu-male

NWR

doing coke

suggestively eating a banana

hmm?

making huge clouds brah

Unironically kys yourself

At least he's in good company m8.

not an argument, faggot

I wonder how assblasted the creator of this list must have been.

Lol

>basquiat was a hack
ebin

>I'm huffing addictive chemicals and gaseous ta

roll your own cigarettes from farm to store faggot, I blend it with a little weed and it's one of the best things ever.

You got me, I can't.

nude Elle

Which films did he steal from?

skateboarding

yeah, can't find a fault actually

>kill myself twice

Probably mental instabilities.

Even before I smoked cigs I felt like I needed something all the time and I finally tried one and it was like what I was missing

This guy says it pretty well.

as Norm says it gives you the illusion that you are
"doing something" you can be just sitting on a chair staring out the window but with a cig on he go you are......smoking

I think that's part of it, i don't even feel stimulated enough when i'm doing something and i smoke cigs on top of that.

You can say the exact same things about weed

because we really want to die

pop off james

not just smoking, artists in general have higher rates of drug use. Being creative must be a painful business.