/tog/ The Orville General: Best Character Edition

What did you think of the new episode Sup Forums? I loved it. The first half was stellar and despite the weak tribunal scenes, the ending was near perfect. The Rudolph plushie was a lovely touch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk
rabb.it/cryokeenmars2027
ew.com/tv/2017/09/07/star-trek-discovery-trump-political-divide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw Alara will never manhandle you and have her way with you.

>best character
>literally a fag
No

I want her to punch me so hard in my gut all my ribs shatter as she casually mocks me.

It's somehow worst then family guy. Seth McFarland is a bad actor, and way to goofy to be a captain. The whole show is dumb. A trek version of airplane with a dead serious captain like Neilson could have worked. I'm disappointed, I actually was hoping it be more like American Dad and less 1000 ways to die in the west.

While I understand what the show was doing, I just feel like there is a plothole with this dilemma. The child was born in a union space ship so the child must have been covered by universal ethical codes. A representative from the Planetary Union (And not from Orville.) should have been the one to do the tribunal.

Never heard of gunboat diplomacy?

At first I thought she was kind of disgusting, and the big titted blonde was the cute one. However after last episode I'm #withAlara.

It's got as much liberal propaganda as family guy

I thought the tribunal was great too. She shouldn't be an amazing attorney like Picard was in Measure of a Man, she's only doing this because Bortas begged her to.

The liberals hated this episode because he wouldn't allow the birth mutilation

Would probably work if they weren't part of the planetary union, they fucked themselves over for probably disobeying Union codes, but for the sake of still having Bortus on ship, the writers won't go that route.

Until you can learn the difference between then and than, I'm not going to read more than about half of the first sentence of any post you make.

yeah same reason they had Bortis end up against the change and Klyden for it. Can't have the crew hating a main character

I expect there will be consequences down the road for what happened this episode. Regardless of the tribunal that Moclan captain did threaten Mercer.

Yeah the cuck and his ex cunt just said to let it decide what gender it wants to be when it grows up.

Since she has eyebrows now I find her hotter.

watched 3 minutes.. SJW garbage.

It felt very genuine to me, which I didn't get at all in the pilot. Haven't seen the second episode yet. It didn't make me laugh much, but I'm a joyless fuck who hardly finds anything funny nowadays. I think the masses would like it. And the message... wow. I thought it was going to feel like one of the really bad FG episodes where Brian is Seth's liberal mouthpiece, but they actually presented an interesting situation with multiple facets.

- What matters more, cultural sensitivity or your own personal beliefs? Like it or not, to those aliens being female is considered a disease.

- The focus was on individual choice rather than feminism, which I thought was great. Because it's easy to just be like "hurr SJWs", but remember, there are liberal parents who will start treating their kid as transgender while they're toddlers. They're obviously liberal, yet they're very similar to the same aliens who seem so close-minded in Orville. In both cases the parents are making a decision for the kid. So I feel like they kinda took jabs at both sides here, though obviously it's extreme versions of both sides.

- When Bortus found out his husband used to be female, he acted shockingly similar to real-life guys who find out their GF used to be a man. Not sure why but I found this highly interesting.

- They brought up circumcision, but were wise enough not to launch into a tirade for or against it. Just saying, it's a thing society considers the parents' right to decide for a baby. Not sure if it'll still be a thing in the near future (don't think it should), but trust me, once science can literally pick a child's gender in the womb this will become very relevant.

Overall I'm definitely following this show now, and hoping it does more episodes like this one. But not too much I guess?

It's funny how you types get insta-triggered just like the SJWs you complain about.

brainlet detected.

t. didn't actually watch the episode

Back to tumblr

haha fuck your mother

Yeah, I was incredibly impressed with how they tackled the issue, especially since Mercer had his doubts halfway through the episode.
They acknowledged
>It would be pretty cruel to make your child an outcast, especially when there's no risk.
>They acknowledged physiological differences in species exist (i.e. Kelly's arguments were not taken seriously)
>The Union's place might not necessarily be to make Moclan decisions for them
but also:
>Growing up an outcast can sometimes create truly remarkable people
>Despite biological differences, people can be valuable and skilled in their own ways
>Perhaps there is a universal ethical code that should be listened to.

Overall I side with the Moclans, but it was far from one-sided and I thought it was done exceptionally well.

Back to r eddit

>implying tumblr is better than plebbit

>implying what a redditor says matters

oy vey the goyim don't want my CBS shit so I better derail their threads by calling them SJWs

thank god, intelligent discourse about this great episode amongst the shitposting

love you Sup Forums

>>Perhaps there is a universal ethical code that should be listened to.

If someone doesn't consider their ethical code universal they're probably a relativist.

I lean right if anything. I just try to go into things without trying to instantly peg it one way or the other, i.e. "othering" something the second I hear certain rhetoric. You can enjoy more things this way - especially if you're a fan of stand-up. There aren't many comedians guaranteed not to trigger a hardcore left/right-winger.
That was another good bit: I expected Kelly to deliver slam-dunk arguments and win the case, but she ended up kinda sucking at it. Neither of her points really addressed the core issue, and as the guy correctly pointed out, relative to her race's males Alara would probably be on the weaker side.

I was surprised to find out that the Moclan planet is a Coruscant like shithole. I was expecting a grassy planet. Probably because the Moclans remind me of the Elcor from Mass Effect for some reason.

Than go fuck you're self.

its a Sup Forums ep

They're all men. Of course it would be a shithole. Learn (((propaganda))) goy

Either CBS shills or plain shitposters. Too much fun is being had in this thread, time to shut it down.

>Seth had the balls to do a bad ending

kudos to him.

>the rudolph at the end

that was great.

I didnt expect this kind of drama right at the start of the show. I had to remind myself this wasn't TNG or Voyager

This desu

Alara is best girl

have we figured out which is the designated jew race yet?

Awful taste. I have a bowl of shit you'll enjoy

that sums up my feelings as well. Alara kawaii

I have a problem with everyone wearing trousers.

Thanks, CBS! I'll make sure to enjoy my proper Star Trek show while you fail to sell your abomination of a cash in

Wow fellow user "Anonymous" I too will enjoy my CBS ™ Star Trek Discovery STD © experience with all new online service CBS All Access!

>people are taking this show seriously

Best episode so far by a mile. TNG would be proud. I dont mind less jokes for a better message.

I think you misread the intent behind that post.

The stance of the captain and first officer would be a right wing stance. Interesting to see in this day and age when it's so heavily censored or scrubbed.

youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

Great episode. A total parody of a feminist "utopia" that removes toxic masculinity.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

>this
>great
Literally everyone would be shitting on this show if it wasn't up against STD. That's what's funniest of all. It's simply mediocre. The sci-fi is weak when it's not directly ripping off the Star Trek and its tone humor is out of place.

Turned it off after the first 15 mins. Thought the whole thing was forced and weird.

The absolute STATE of this show

You dense cunt

>tfw even the future and holodecks can't escape from pop in

jesus fucking christ please stop watching this show

He may be gay, but you're a faggot.

Congratulations friend you're one of the only people here with a working brain

this show is amazing watching episode 2 with my senpaitachi rabb.it/cryokeenmars2027

fuck the george soros critics that hate the show and will be payed to say ST:D is a flameing turd.

I cried. I am on a lot of Vodka and i cried in this episode.
This is kino series.

this is highly accurate i was not expecting this show to be this cool

Agree with you since Mcfarlane is typically just some pop culture references with little to no jokes.

>STD gets 8/10s
>Shill! Paid critics! Social Justice Warriors!

>STD gets 7/10s
>AHAHAHAHAHAHA NOT EVEN THE CRITICS LIKE IT

there is zero chance of discussing that show on this board.

The CBS shills are out in full force in this thread. They're unironically trying to spin this so that this episode was pro gender bullshit.

I watched all 3 episodes tonight, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I expected Family Guy in SPACE, but got a TOS/TNG Star Trek homage with some humorous elements.

I can already guarantee that Orville will be better than than the dumbster fire that is STD.

Then and than are being use very different way(one is about time,while the other is about comparing somethings/someone).

Good, it's cancer

You still trying to tell yourself this was unintended? Unintended is when one of the girl's tits is the same color as the monster's dick, on that one still in the series of non-animated montage stills

Why? There is no alternative if you want some modern pure Trek.

I hope everyone lurking in Orville threads understand they are 100% inauthentic and put together by specialized marketing companies.
The review scores speak for themselves.

One day you will die. Don't waste your precious time.

You've watched it?

>Listen to reviews
>Ignore the very real discussion in the thread
>Don't bother forming your own opinion

Why do you do this?

>everyone who says it's good is paid by corporations to say so
>but listen to the mainstream media's opinion

Did you actually think about this before you posted it?

Link?

I understand the "discussion" in this thread. I'm merely warning the general population that there are far better shows to view. You can't watch it all - and The Orville certainly doesn't deserve your time. Aggregate USER reviews also tend to be truthful. Buyer beware.

youre a salty nigger. Try to have some fun once.

>user reviews tend to be faithful

Not really. Fanboys and people who just want to be part of whatever prevailing collective give skewered reviews all the time.

What shows are worth the time? All I'm seeing is leftist bullshit all over the place. Every show has a faggot and some sort of trump quip here or there.

Everyones opinion is shit but my own. I thought it was ok thats all that matters. Go follow crown somewhere else.

Remember fellow trekkies that the orville isn't real Star Trek, we must bow to our CBS overlords and purchase everything related to STD.

And lastly do not in any circumstances watch The Orville. It will contaminate your mind with wrongthink.

This is Star Trek by Seth MacFarlane. It's pretty leftist as is.

>but it doesn't shove it in your face!
But it's still unquestionably a leftist show.

>some bitch on twitter tweeted a thing
>better act like it means something!

What is the point you are trying to make son. Out with it boy.

ew.com/tv/2017/09/07/star-trek-discovery-trump-political-divide/

Star Trek: Discovery will continue the venerated sci-fi tradition of using a fantastic setting to tackle real-world issues — only in a bigger way than any Trek series has done before.

The upcoming CBS All Access drama tells the serialized story of a war between the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire. The show is set a decade before 1966’s original series — which premiered 51 years ago today — during which the Federation and Klingons were in a Cold War standoff that reflected yesteryear’s U.S.-Soviet relations. In Discovery, war breaks out and the Klingons leading the charge have some ideological ideas inspired by the 2016 electoral divide.

“The allegory is that we really started working on the show in earnest around the time the election was happening,” showrunner Aaron Harberts says. “The Klingons are going to help us really look at certain sides of ourselves and our country. Isolationism is a big theme. Racial purity is a big theme. The Klingons are not the enemy, but they do have a different view on things. It raises big questions: Should we let people in? Do we want to change? There’s also the question of just because you reach your hand out to someone, do they have to take it? Sometimes, they don’t want to take it. It’s been interesting to see how the times have become more of a mirror than we even thought they were going to be.”

While such topics have been explored across Star Trek‘s six previous series and 700 episodes before, the serialized nature of Discovery‘s 15-episode debut season allows for a greater depth of storytelling. “The thing about the war is it takes Starfleet and the Federation and forces them to examine their ideas and ethical rules of conflict and conduct,” Harberts says. “It provides a backdrop to how we want to be as a society and that analysis and self-reflection is new for Trek. They’ve done it in certain episodes in the past, but this is a true journey for the institution in itself.”

“In times of stress and conflict it can bring out the best of us and the worst of us,” adds fellow showrunner Gretchen J. Berg. “But but ultimately brings out the best in our Starfleet officers.”

The Toronto-based production is currently shooting its 13th episode, and producers note that President Donald Trump’s tense stand-off with North Korea has some reflections in the show as well.

“North Korea is in our thoughts as we finish the series,” he says. “What began as a commentary on our own divided nation — in terms of Trump supporters and non-Trump supporters — has blown out to North Korea and how we’re right on the brink. [The U.S. is] actually right at the place where Starfleet finds itself in episode one and we couldn’t have anticipated that happening. But how do you end conflict when both sides have such strong opinions?”

Gotham is pretty cool

In the series, Sonequa Martin-Green (The Walking Dead) plays First Officer Michael Burnham, an ambitious Starfleet officer whose carefully planned career is upended when she makes a decision with far-reaching consequences. The Klingon characters are led by T’Kuvma (Chris Obi), a leader of an ancient Klingon house who goes to extreme measures to unite his people. Star Trek has a long history of allegorical commentary, including Deep Space Nine’s “Past Tense” (which tackled the separation of economic classes), Voyager‘s “Workforce” (labor issues), and The Original Series‘ “A Private Little War” (the Vietnam War).

It was a great episode.

>some CBS shill is being a CBS shill
>another CBS shill reacts predictably
Pottery

>What is the point you are trying to make son
journalist intentionally misquotes lead actress who hasn't seen ds9, but forgets to remove original quote

Have they inserted a gay couple or faggots in it? I'd like a normal fucking show. Oh and niggers mulattos or quadroons and hapas would be a plus too. You know normal American. No spics too.

You seem to be mistaken. This is /tog/, The Orville General. Discussion in this thread should pertain to The Orville. I believe you are looking for

i love this show. could care less what haters think

For those unfamiliar, this thread is being run by a reputation management company, like RMC or Zebra. Its not even considered unethical sadly.

>Tell me about your penis

writers confirmed shitposters

>Sees all this fuss about this show
huh maybe i'll look whats up
>looks at all the tng,voyager,ds9 directors
ok this show is gonna be amazing

You seem to be unaware of all the CBS shilling

whaaat when does this happen