Millennials Horrified As Facebook Algo Accident Exposes Millions To New Ideas

> “Unfortunately, late Monday evening, a major failure in our news feed program allowed a significant number of users to come into contact with concepts unfamiliar to them,” said CEO Mark Zuckerberg, appearing contrite as he emphasized to reporters that the issue had been resolved and that it was now safe to visit the social media site again without fear of encountering any opinions, notions, or perspectives not aligning with one’s existing worldview.

> “To those who were forced to read a headline they did not agree with when they visited Facebook yesterday, we are deeply sorry. It’s an inexcusable failing on our part if your viewpoints were not reinforced by what you saw onscreen. I want all Facebook users to know that you’ll never again encounter any ideas on our site that are in any way novel or ideologically challenging to you—that’s my personal promise.”

zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-07/millennials-horrified-facebook-algo-accident-exposes-millions-new-ideas
The horror!

Zuckerberg then concluded the press conference by thanking users for their support, assuring them that a news article confirming their own individual political and personal biases would be directed to their news feeds with more information on Facebook’s policy.

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/article/horrible-facebook-algorithm-accident-results-expos-53841
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has there ever been a generation more manipulated and abused than millenials?

They've spent their whole lives having their peers, parents, teachers, counselors, the media, and every other major influence in their lives outright lie to their faces for the sake of personal or political agendas.

Is that from the fucking Onion?

It looks like it's from an actual news story that the Onion made a parody response to, that this third rate news site then made a response to using Onion and actual news sources.

please tell me this is satire

PLEASE

The sheltering that the left is normalizing is fucking horrifying.

>> “To those who were forced to read a headline they did not agree with when they visited Facebook yesterday, we are deeply sorry. It’s an inexcusable failing on our part if your viewpoints were not reinforced by what you saw onscreen. I want all Facebook users to know that you’ll never again encounter any ideas on our site that are in any way novel or ideologically challenging to you—that’s my personal promise.”

I'm at a loss. I don't know what to say anymore.

What the fuck happened?

Totally brainwashed and conditioned to react negatively to things that oppose their forcefed views.

We see this time and time again. An impartial bot is made, it reports against the grain of political thought and journalism in america, and it is reported as a failure. People refuse to look past their own biases and egocentrism, and realize they might be wrong. The same reason we live in a dark ages of human biological research in america: we refuse to look past "equality" for the fear of forbidden knowledge, and have ended up striking our own Achilles' heel in the battle against the eastern world for dominance. Modern intellectuals are absolutely blind.

>tyler durden

satire

>the issue had been resolved and that it was now safe to visit the social media site again without fear of encountering any opinions, notions, or perspectives not aligning with one’s existing worldview.
This can't be real.
Tell me this isn't real.

Jesus fuck what is happening?

No its not. Its great. Its freedom. whats wrong with it?

I am not even sure if that is true. It's so blatant.

Sure. You can receive less information if you want.

But if being sheltered is such a great thing then what the fuck are you doing here?

Liberalism is Rationalism in politics. It rejects the State as an organism, and can only see it as the result of a contract between individuals. The purpose of Life has nothing to do with States, for they have no independent existence. Thus the "happiness" of "the individual" becomes the purpose of Life. Bentham made this as coarse as it could be made in collectivizing it into "the greatest happiness of the greatest number." If herding-animals could talk, they would use this slogan against the wolves. To most humans, who are the mere material of History, and not actors in it, "happiness" means economic well being. Reason is quantitative, not qualitative, and thus makes the average man into "Man." "Man" is a thing of food, clothing, shelter, social and family life, and leisure. Politics sometimes demands sacrifice of life for invisible things. This is against "happiness," and must not be. Economics, however, is not against "happiness," but is almost co-extensive with it. Religion and Church wish to interpret the whole of Life on the basis of invisible things, and so militate against "happiness." Social ethics, on the other hand, secure economic order, thus promote "happiness."

Here Liberalism found its two poles of thought: economics and ethics. They correspond to individual and humanity. The ethics of course is purely social, materialistic; if older ethics is retained, its former metaphysical foundation is forgotten, and it is promulgated as a social, and not a religious, imperative. Ethics is necessary to maintain the order necessary as a framework for economic activity. Within that framework, however, "individual" must be "free." This is the great cry of Liberalism, "freedom." Man is only himself, and is not tied to anything except by choice. Thus "society" is the "free" association of men and groups. The State, however, is un-freedom, compulsion, violence. The Church is spiritual un-freedom.

Francis Parker Yockey

I feel bad for them to be honest.

What the fuck. You're not even paraphrasing. He actually said that.

Is this thread a joke or is Sup Forums actually this retarded?

theonion.com/article/horrible-facebook-algorithm-accident-results-expos-53841

It's from the onion you stupid cucks

No it's ok, now let me tell you about the wage gap it's very important.

>Thus the "happiness" of "the individual" becomes the purpose of Life.
You posted this whole thing because you want to show how retarded liberals are right?

>my generation has been abused by their own
>parents
>media
>state
>market
>we are constantly forced to only see good and bad sides
>constantly peer pressured by entities that not truly exist but are disguised as a majority

Why must we millennials be forced to suffer this hell ; what have we done wrong to deserve this

It's criticism, actually.
Yockey was a far-right writer

Those quotes are from The Onion, team.

>"However, as The Onion (comedically) explains"

The college meme was the biggest scam ever committed.
>convince slightly below average students that they too can go to college without needing to pay for it
>tell them they can pay it all back once they get their 120k/yr job with a Bachelor of Arts degree
>most of them are lucky to get even warehouse jobs
shh don't tell Sup Forums that, its funnier when they don't know

wow, a redpilled leaf.

facebook police

Suuurre even tho everyone but me must learn

But sure bud