Why does this show have like a 9.9/10 on IMDb? Is it really that good?

Why does this show have like a 9.9/10 on IMDb? Is it really that good?

Well its very lovecraftian. One could say almost... kafkaesque

It's a good show and it pisses people off. It's awesome.

only The Ricklantis Mixup has a 9.9, the overall series and the rest of the episodes are lower

It's meant for 15 year olds, so if that's up your alley, then I guess it's good.

it's kino

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens.

No, IMDB is really that bad.

No it isn't and this should be your wake up call to stop taking IMDb's scores seriously.

It's pretty decent, even better if you've had a beer or two.

first two seasons are great. third season is so-so

It's like a 6/10 show. Maybe a 7/10 on its best episodes. This is the only review that you should pay attention to.

It's intellectually stimulating and makes you grapple with the very foundations of life and existence.

It is fantastic. Sup Forums hates is because it is popular.

Who was in the wrong here?

it's good to people who take the time to create accounts on imdb

Shows with cult followings often have high ratings. If a show is popular enough to get a small group of big fans but not popular enough to have mainstream appeal, the people that wouldn't like it don't hear about it and don't rate it. This causes inflated ratings.

its an animated sci-fi comedy with some solid writing and performances. some folks arent crazy about its flavor and thats okay but for everyone else it entertains pretty consistently

Because it is The Big Bang Theory for people that hate TBBT.

Total Rickall was actually a pretty funny episode.

The propositional logic on that whiteboard is pretty legit. I wonder who they got to write it.

It's great. Unfortunately it's liked by a lot of retards also. The way people talk about it is like youtube comments, where it is just quotes from the video and LOL

>It's meant for 15 year olds
oh goody. a show everyone on Sup Forums can enjoy!

Any nerd fandom shit gets high IMDB ratings, just look at all the capeshit in the top 500.

it literally has a 9.4 on imdb.

pickle episode was very kafkaesque my man.

I watched a couple episodes from the first season and was thoroughly annoyed by it. Just wasn't for me I guess.

I liked the first season and second, but the third season made me drop it partly because it was going straight up SJW and partly because the writing was going to shit. Funnily enough, the third season was when the studio started to bring on more female writers to "diversify" the team, and look what happened.

I'd say just watch the first season, it was the most solid.