Marvel vs. Capcom 4 Discussion Thread #9 - No More Mutants Edition

>Several news outlets reporting this game is confirmed by reliable sources.
>Will supposedly be revealed at Playstation Experience, likely after the SFV tournament.
>Big possibility of X-Men and Fantastic Four characters not returning, with a heavy focus on characters featured in the MCU.
>As always, please consider this all still in rumor territory, but the likelihood has been increasing over the past several weeks.

Previous thread>>> Yes, this it the ninth thread, I counted. We just stopped numbering them after the fifth one, but fuck that, I'm numbering them again.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/iantothemax/status/803418522843893760
youtube.com/watch?v=qhQPG_ACUfk
youtube.com/watch?v=KkG87OkVp6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for story mode will be shit.

u ready for MCU vs Capcom

And for a good topic of discussion: What are your thoughts on the supposed gameplay change of 2 vs 2 with an assist character (could be a regular character or an actual assist only character) from 3v3 with 2 assists/partners?

This isn't confirmed of course, but the "sources" are being strangely quiet about this so I do feel that it might be real.

Good change I think. Negates the need to have some dumb comeback mechanic to allow third character solo comebacks.

Doom and Skrull are all we need from Fantastic Four. Seriously, Doom is so much cooler, smarter, and all around objectively superior to any of those four assholes.

I fucking hate tag fighters and would have it be 1v1 if it were up to me, but that's personal opinion and as a whole the change would probably be for the worse.

Y'know what would be amazing to see, but won't happen?

Ultron to double as Scientific Adventurer Hank Pym, who pulls out gadgets and other Pym shenanigans, while Ultron functions like a stand in the JoJo games with his own health meter.

And if we get Ant-Man, for there to be a Hank Pym skin, in the classic costume. If they, in a blue moon occasion, go with Hank Pym instead of Scott Lang, then having him go from Sentinel to Normal to Mega Man size could be really neat.

It downgrades the entire gameplay by a huge factor. It removes team composition and synergies, gets rid of that risk with doing bad assist calls, completely changes the way the game is balanced, removes options and just overall depth in almost every way. It will just lose that unique dynamic and fluidity that comes from team building and finding ways that each character complement each other.

UMvC3 port + MvC 4 announcement at PSX then MvC 4 gameplay at Capcom Cup.

Bookmark me.

I agree

MvC2 and 3 were both poorly made unbalanced piles of garbage, that kind of team composition and synergy deserves to be tossed in the trash

They were both steps back from XvSF, MSHvSF and MvC1

I prefer 3v3.

>MvC1
Yeah, where everyone ran Colossus assist is better than the game that ran for 10+ years despite being quite frankly broken and busted game.

3v3 is what kept MvC2 going and keeps 3 alive. No other fighter has that much openness in terms of options. Not to mention the uniqueness of it's tag/assist concept that no other fighters (aside form SG) has managed to replicate as well. You have tag games like Tekken Tag Tournament (and DoA5), you have team games like KOF, assists like most licensed anime games of recent times, but nothing that has all 3 at the same time.

It simplifies it but doesn't completely remove it, it's still a tag team fighter and you'd have your assist exclusive characters. You've never played MvC1?

I have preferred 2/2 tag team fighting for the sake of giving each individual character more depth instead of making them simpler for the sake of occupying a portion of your larger strategy. I never liked that they removed the strong attack button and HATED that each character shared the same dedicated launch button (X/A) in MvC3

No Muties
No Buy

>No Mutants
>No Fantastic Four
>No Wolvie
>No Sentinel
>No Magneto
>No Storm
>No Doom
>Already Megaman is out of the picture
>So is BB Hood, Amingo, and Hayato

Why even play anymore? Pretty soon it's just gonna be Avengers VS Street Fighter

Just give us options of either 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 like Skullgirls

Picking 3 but choosing the order before every match (leader, second character, assist) would be cool

>You've never played MvC1?
i remember running colossus/juggernaut/usagent and not give a fuck about anyone else. there was no real punishment for making a bad call aside from one less use. not at all like in 2 or 3 where you activelly have to think when and where to use your assist and not get punished.

and simplifying the controls to LMHS made sense in a fighter like marvel. you have a big cast, lots of moves to learn, and shit can get lost in the shuffle. S being the standard launcher for everyone, as well as also having misc movement and attacks, was smart. make the controls easier to start playing your character faster, to get to building your team quicker. and you still had plenty of unique mechanics for characters, like strange's nodes, she-hulk running stance/cancel, MODOK's levels, dormammu's POWER OF THE-POWER OF THE, and so on.

Stop making threads when there is little to no info to go off of, especially when the event is this weekend.

>MSHvSF
hahahahaha

I always preferred the 2v2 system from XvSF, MSHvSF, MvC1, and TvC over the 3v3 of MvC2 and MvC3, personally, so I'd be ecstatic... but I also realize that so many people that are into "MAHVEL" got into it because of MvC2, so I can understand there being a lot of people unhappy if that was changed.

Ah yes, the famous openness of MVC2/3, where you pick one of three viable teams or get romped

What's so funny? You chose to laugh at the one versus game that's arguably the most balanced one. Do people just prefer it when everything's broken?

> arguably the most balanced

feel free to provide proof for this claim whenevrr you feel like it.

>Already Megaman is out of the picture

Good

FChamp still runs a Phoenix team, KBR gets far with Haggar/Hulk/Sentinel, JWong's main team is still Wolverine/Storm/Akuma (and he ran Iron Fist for a long ass time), ChrisG is the only one that makes MorriDoom an actual threat. Cap is somehow getting some decent popularity on mid tier team players.

The only real cancers to MvC3 teams are Zero, Vergil and Doom and mainly because each one is super auto-pilot/godly at what they do.

The most famous of the games is the unambiguously worst made and most broken one, purely because niggers love hollering at it

It's the WWE wrestling of games, and has fans of the same level of class

Assuming this is even legit, once their first reveal is Wolverine, I'm going to laugh my ass off at you people.

I'm not quite sure what kind of proof you'd want, since that kind of thing is personal opinion anyway, but I stand by it. Comparing it to XvSF, and the 3 MvC games, it certainly seems not as broken. Maybe you'd prefer I call it "least broken" rather than "most balanced"?

>Maybe you'd prefer I call it "least broken" rather than "most balanced"?
that'd still be marvel 3 on average.

>Big possibility of X-Men and Fantastic Four characters not returning, with a heavy focus on characters featured in the MCU.
100% rumor. Please stop perpetuating this shit

I'll be too busy celebrating to care. It's something I WANT to be wrong about.

>everyone's getting hype for MvC4
>I just want Nintendo vs. Capcom to be announced already

Marvel VS Capcom 3 had comics?

One, for the special edition or something. It was shit. I want an actual series.

If that's the case you're on the wrong board senpai.

How would you feel if they went with a totally different art style?

That's a good point.

What if Marvel Charaacters was comic book style and Capcom was manga style

But Capcom isn't a manga style for most their things. Megaman tries to mimic western cartoons, Bengus was influenced by american comics so Street Fighter has closer to comic book designs, Resident Evil and Devil May Cry have realistic styles.

>Devil May Cry have realistic styles.
That's pushing it. DMC is one of those video game franchises, whose visuals are very obviously influenced by anime but are also pretty grounded. Like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, or Resident Evil to a degree.

Mega Man is also anime as fuck, so you're wrong about that as well.

Not that it wasn't kind of a dumb idea to begin with.

Only nu-Final Fantasy is anime. Older ones were based in typical Medieval Fantasy.

I dunno who the fuck this is, but: twitter.com/iantothemax/status/803418522843893760

I want Squirrel Girl

Not only do we know she's gonna be attractive, but Henderson will bitch and moan that they "didn't stay true to her comic" and that will be a delight to see.

It was shit and made no sense.

You could read it in UMVC3 before you reach the menu.

No Mutants, no sale. Even lego does mutants.

No, MORE MUTANTS!

They're learnt their lesson, don't you remember how many endings they shoved him into in UMVC3 as damage control?

>Lego does mutants

Not anymore...

Squirrel Girl was in the newest Lego Marvel game

Squirrel Girl's not a mutant anymore.

Then what the fuck is she?

A deformed freak, in more than one way

So she is a mutant in terms of having characteristics not from the parent, just not a Mutant in having an X-Gene altering development from a normal human.

>Bengus was influenced by american comics so Street Fighter has closer to comic book designs
Bengus didn't design the characters or work on their in-game appearances. he did the equivalent of box art after the games were 95% finished. Same for Kinu, Ikeno, Edayan, etc. They were all part of the "Design Room," which despite the confusing name, was not about designing games, but about "graphic design" in the traditional sense, i.e., advertising material. The people who actually designed the characters, came up with their movesets, then actually animated their sprites were the so-called "charamen," the only one of which who ever really entered the spotlight was Akiman.

I still hate this BS explanation. She's a fucking mutant, don't throw bullshit so you can keep her for your own game. You still have the right because no one wants to use her at Fox, just don't mention the mutant bit & get on with your lives. Jesus Fuck.

Are all people in this comic suffering from cerebral palsy?

>>Ant-Man
>>Groot
Oh god, are we getting all the Guardians? And Black Widow? Dear God, they can waste the entire Marvel roster on all the MCU characters!

So who do you think the final boss will be? My vote goes for Anita or The Beyonder

Fox has little to do with it. Marvel can use her as a mutant if they want to.

It's just that someone, possibly Perlmutter, made a mandate that barred mutants and Fantastic Four characters from all media save for the comics. It's been in effect since 2015, but it looks like its slowly being faded.

What the hell is that fucking monstrosity on the left?! Fucking hell, man, so that's what passes for good comic book art these days. I'd unironically rather have Rob Liefeld than that shit.

Abraxas

Either Beyonder, The Maker, or Annihilus

Thanos.

Used.

I know it won't be Fetus of God. But I want it to be.

We've had enough final bosses from Marvel. Let's get a Capcom one.

And no, Abyss doesn't count.

Scrooge McDuck

>I know it won't be Fetus of God. But I want it to be.
How the heck would that thing fight, anyway?

>Fucking hell, man, so that's what passes for good comic book art these days.

Nobody considers that good comic book art.

That art, and that entire book, about about the level of webcomic slop. Charitably.

>>I just want Nintendo vs. Capcom to be announced already

You're going to be waiting a long long time then.

Squirrel Girl is probably pretty fucking likely. Howard the Duck too.

I pray Devil Dinosaur gets in....

I would like it if they added Silver Surfer.

Grigori.

Marvel's gotten the boss the past few times. Would allow Dragon's Dogma to get some love too.

Mickey Mouse

Having Savan to represent the Arisen or someone like She-Goat would be cool.

>Squirrel Girl
Anti-hype.

>Howard the Duck
Now we're talking.

Grigori as the first form and Senechal as the final form would be awesome. Even better if he can double as a playable final boss.

If he's to be believed, then I guess that means mutants might not be off the table, afterall? I'm more concerned about Doom, though.

Yea they do

If no X-Men are allowed, here's what I expect the roster to look like

All movie Avengers except Quicksilver
Spider-Man
Black Panther
Ant-Man/Giant-Man
Wasp
Star-Lord
Rocket
Groot
Gamora
Dr. Strange
Captain Marvel
Black Bolt
Medusa
Loki
Ultron
Thanos
Dr. Octopus
Ms. Marvel
Miles
Nova

It's over 9000, wow.

From what James Robinson has said, I don't think Scarlet Witch is going to be on the roster.

The weekend feels so fucking far away.

What has Robinson said?

Well, he said that when he pitched his solo SW comic at a Marvel seminar, they had no plans to do anything with Wanda despite her appearing in the MCU. He kind of had to point it out to them.

That's a very revealing contrast with the comic's division's obsession with the MCU when it comes to other characters.

fits in with the lego devs having to fight for her and quicksilver for lego marvel 2. i really hope capcom does it as well.

>lego devs having to fight for her and quicksilver for lego marvel 2
Source on that?

Capcom:

Samanosuke Akechi (Onimusha)
Masamune Date (Sengoku Basara)
Mitsunari Ishida (Sengoku Basara)
Ryu (Breath of Fire 3)
Asura (Asura's Wrath)
One of the Monster Hunters

At least one of these?

The ideal Marvel roster would be:
1. Cyclops (Scott Summers)
2. Wolverine (James Howlett)
3. Thor Odinson
4. Captain America (Steve Rogers) with round shield
5. Iron Man (Tony Stark)
6. Hulk (Bruce Banner)
7. Punisher (Frank Castle)
8. Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
9. Iron Fist (Danny Rand)
10. Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
11. Beast (Hank McCoy)
12. Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner)
13. Nick Fury (not the nigger)
14. Deadpool
15. Dr. Strange
16. Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
17. Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
And for the bad guys: Kingpin, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth, Green Goblin, Loki, Abomination, Juggernaut, Baron Mordo (no movie nigger), Venom (Eddie Brock), Carnage and Paste-Pot Pete.
Marvel Last Boss: Galactus
Dummy character for training mode: The Bendis
Also fuck Marvel and fuck Capcom for listening to them.

it's why Wednesday's called "Hump Day"

I'd say that Marvel Future Fight is another indicator of Wanda's chances.

Remove Scarlet Witch and Gwenpool and it becomes plausible.

this guy right here. could play like a Marvel version of Alex or one of Muscle Bomber characters (chain link combos into throws)
youtube.com/watch?v=qhQPG_ACUfk
youtube.com/watch?v=KkG87OkVp6U

>>Already Megaman is out of the picture
Sorry what?

>no Carol

How? Has she been announced for the game?

My only gripe is the lack of Dormammu.