Oh Hickman you card

Oh Hickman you card.

He speaks the truth

Not like he's lying. X-fans are cancer

He's right

>tfw based hickman will never write cosmic marvel
feels bad, man

>Tear it up
He means your contract, Marc. Tear it up and get the fuck out of there!

Ewing's about the best shot Marvel has at a good cosmic book or event.

People said the exact same thing about Hickman. But this time they're right.

He's right though.

X fags are one of the worst comic fandoms.
Batfags and batfamilyfags are the only ones that beat X fags.

I firmly believe Marvel had and has good writers with good stories to tell but editorial fucks it all over largely because of corporate reasons.

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

He's completely right. What X-Writer hasn't been savaged in the last 10 years for "getting it wrong"? At some point, you have to realize it's an unwinnable fight.

He did and it sucked.

>McKelvie

Into the trash it goes

>God why are x-fags so shit. Why are they so mad that their books have been awful for over a decade!

they seem ok.

Not hard to draw something still. He sucks at the basic point of comics.

>not wanting Marc to sign an exclusive with Marvel so he gets booted off of Arrow

>Mind Rapist.
>Kid Hitler.
>Time Paradox Monkey.
>Token Gay Kid.
>Kid Apocalypse.

Why is this team so shit?

I don't like them, too detailed. I guess the jackets are okay, but it's been done before.

People mostly liked Gillen's run on X-Men.

You people will never be happy.

>implying it's our fault Marvel can't get their shit together

The only X-titles that I've ever liked are very loosely affliated with the main books, Excalibur and Alpha Flight

It's also kind of sad that even the indie knock-offs like Elementals and Harbinger seem far more interesting by comparison

>This is X-Fans fault

ha. Turning every crossover into "X-Men are bad", killing several key X-Men and leaving them with time displaced versions of the most boring team, inhuman poisoning, going back to "we're being wiped out" after half a decade of that crap, Bendis, etc.

Don't come to the X-Books with weak shit, then.

They could be like Batfags and pretend that their comics haven't been shit for the better half of a decade now. X-fags are just honest.

STOP BUYING BAD X-BOOKS. That's why this shit keeps getting published. X-Fans will hate something yet still buy it. Things will change once a message is sent. I swear, you guys like punishing yourself.

Hickmeme
heheh

>their books have been awful for over a decade!
wew lad

>STOP BUYING BAD X-BOOKS.

But user, they're fans, you just don't understand.

>>Kid Apocalypse.
No, he's Kideath

wut the fugg

Jean was never so short.

but hes not drawing the book.
he just designed the costumes.

>

>Windows 10

What the fuck is that comic? Some hipster twat is too cool to like things, so anyone who does like things must be doing it out of existential crisis? Please kill yourself for posting that trash.

I would like to know if you made that collection yourself or if it came compiled as such from the source. I've been looking for a MTCDC Marvel equivalent for some time now, and while the CMC is comprehensive it's not sorted in the manner to which I am accustomed.

Thats not how Marvel publishing works.
if you don't buy the book, they won't think "lets try again but better", they'll think "guess this doesn't sell anymore, lets stop trying it for a while"

Marvel employees keep saying "vote with your dollars" or some variation of that shit. but all they see is SELLS or DOESN'T SELL. no commentary on why you did or did not purchase the book gets to them.

The laptop can with it already.
Too lazy to put 7 on.

Gillen's run would've been better if he didn't fuck up writing Magik.
and if he wasn't editorially mandated to attempt steering into AvX

He probably got it himself from various sources.

I scoured it from the sad remnants of TPB, demonoid, and the newly formed World Wide Torrents. Mostly from the user Nemesis43 who's had a presence on all three sites.

also inb4 someone shrieks about how TPB is Fedbait
The big two don't have something like the MPAA breathing down service providers' necks. Copyright law is basically meaningless here.

Ah okay. I thought I recognized some of those folder names. Thanks user. That method is fine for the main books, but I want something more comprehensive.

>What the fuck is that comic? Some hipster twat is too cool to like things, so anyone who does like things must be doing it out of existential crisis? Please kill yourself for posting that trash.

It's a comic about an old man being unwilling to outgrow something he liked as a child.

I feel sorry for you for how badly you misinterpreted a four panel comic.

good start....but you need the obscure stuff like Black Sun, Mekanix, Fantastic Four vs X-Men, District X.

Yeah, but they all loved Ewings stealth New Mutants.

God forbid he just like something instead of throwing it aside because he reaches a certain age that people decide "okay you can't enjoy this anymore.".

>lets stop trying it for a while

well, maybe thats the solution. like the f4 being put on the shelf, or patriots mysterious disappearance, or pym being fused to ultron and fucked off to space. maybe some shit needs to be put on vacation until someone with a plan can come through

Marvel editorial is absolutely powerless and simply manages time rather than story.

The reason Marvel has been so inconsistent with quality is precisely because the editors aren't doing their job and reigning in the writers and helping them along.

A good editor would have slapped Bendis around and said "Look, you have the same issues across the board and have had these issues for the past half-decade. This story needs to be trimmed down to one issue, not three. These are the scenes that bog it down."

A good editor compliments a writer, they don't impede and they don't bend over and let the writer do what they will when they keep making the same technical errors.

>God forbid he just like something instead of throwing it aside because he reaches a certain age that people decide "okay you can't enjoy this anymore.".

That's not the message of the comic.

The man, alone in a room, is repeating to himself that he must always like what he enjoyed as a child because it would alter his identity to reassess what he likes.

At no point in the comic is he criticized by an outside force. The narration is the character's voice.

You are projecting a external threat to the character that does not exist.

Refresh my memory, which X-Books did he write?

Bendis is given broad leeway because of his years with the company.

Unless there's a major shakeup with Marvel editorially, Bendis will always be allowed to slack.

>patriots mysterious disappearance

patriot as a character is under the purview of tom brevoort's office, and he sees patriot's story as being complete.

It's not like they'll give PAD an actual book that has consequences to the overall shit narrative they have.

I was just using Bendis as an easy target. I'm aware we just kinda assume Bendis gets special treatment for being in he spotlight for so long. I'm not sure if that's the case or maybe that treatment extends to other veteran writers (Slott and Waid come to mind), but it's something I've noticed as an editor myself (but not for comic books).

He didn't.

Well, he helped with AvX.

which is nonsense. not even the dead get a game over, the end clause but hes done? there has to be a reason hes not being used beyond that

They have though. People act like Perlmutter was what killed it, but it was dying long before that thanks to the fact that the very CONCEPT of Decimation radically changed the entire theme of what mutant books are about forever.

Minority metaphors don't pretend to be a seperate species and fight against going extinct. Morrison got it. You don't reduce their numbers, you increase them to the level of an ACTUAL fucking minority. You give them their own equivalent to Chinatown or Harlem. You start talking about the culture they're inventing for themselves, their art and music and fashion and shit.

>you give them their own equivalent to Chinatown or Harlem. You start talking about the culture they're inventing for themselves, their art and music and fashion and shit.
What a fucking moron you are.

Morrison killed off Genosha for kicks and made them muh 16 gorrilion-tier.

Fuck no nigga, then instead of the shitty books we have now, we'd end up with the even shittier books of #mutielivesmatter

Guggenheim should be slaughtered in the street.

Why? He single handedly saved arrow in season 5. He should be revered and celebrated.

Spiderfags are infinitely worse than anybody else.

Decimation was pretty good though. NOt because of the concept but because we had good writers on multiple books. The worst was Young X-men but that was selfcontained. Whedons was at best mediocre but just mediocre. Even for as annoying as Hope was, it wasn't until Schism and AvX when all the shit writers hopped on.

Remender was pretty universally praised.

Ignore him. He's only read Morrison.

There is no universe where spiderfags are worse than batfags, doomfags, and cyclopsfags. That is the holy trinity of toxic fandoms.

t.woman

Spiderfags willingly buy Slottshit and throw massive tantrums over people preferring Batman to him.

Spiderfags just seem less toxic because Spiderman isn't that popular, but once they get going the few that exist are the worst fanbase on the planet

I know Hackman likes to be jokey on his twitter but telling Guggenheim, to his face no less, that he "loves his books" actually made me laugh. I mean, nobody enjoys Guggenheim's stuff after all so ayy, good jokey joke there.

"those books"

He could be talking about anybody's output.

Guggy's X-Men was really good continuation of Wood's

>past half-decade
user, Disassembled was in 2004. Bendis ignoring everything he didn't write, pulling characterization and plot points out of his ass and writing completely intolerable dreck has been going on for far longer han a half-decade.

>Guggy's X-Men was really good continuation of Wood's
Considering how bad Wood's was that's not a compliment. Some times with bad comic writers, they'll at least have some back up like they're successful TV writers or crime or YA novelists or something but Guggenheim doesn't even have that considering how bad Arrow is.

He's a failure in two mediums.

>Spiderman isn't that popular

Is this an edit or did each issue come with a magnifying glass.

Arrow is really good this season and the first two were ace
did you really not like Wood and Guggy's X-Men? It wasn't bad at all

a very tired and bad one

And then you destroy the island nation that contains all this
greatly reducing their numbers

BUT MUTANT TOWN xD!!1!

Does it seem weird that Bunn thought Lobo and Aquaman fans were too picky and rage prone but he's perfectly fine doing X-books

I can't even pinpoint which Avenger this pic is referring to, anymore.

They were awful and Guggs Young X-men was shit. So shit everyone ignored it.

I'm guessing it's Hellcat

His stuff was the best shit to come out of AvX and right after.

>right after.
He did consequences right? He wasn't part of NOW though.

Good editors are unfortunately common.

Sure Denny O'Neil was a good editor, but most editors are trash.

that's not a refutation

>because Spiderman isn't that popular,

Nigga what?! He's literally the most merchandised Superhero because he's incredibly POPULAR!

You're referring to that chart made during the release of Amazing Spider-Man, I take it?

Nobody ever did anything with Genosha. I remember Captain America painting a mural there once. Nobody cared what it was until they took the bomb blast.

Whedon predated House of M.

Genosha is a flawed idea. If you want to discuss groups willingly segregating themselves, it's much more effective to depict that through neighborhoods in America where the fucking readership lives than by showing what happens in the latest of Magneto's million incarnations of "Why don't we just all live on our own island where the humans can't bother us and maybe I'll fly it off into space, maybe I won't!"

It's a fictional scenario that presumes the man stopped getting GENUINE enjoyment from the thing and now only PRETENDS to like it.

Nobody fucking does that.

What people DO do, though, is buy stuff they hate and then repeatedly say out loud that they hate it, which is more mystifying behavior.

Actually, it makes a little sense if you assume those people are hopeless optimists whose attitude is "I hate this right now but maybe next issue they'll fucking fix it and it'll be what I liked again"

The problem is when you keep doing it for years in a row.